PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Revue???

Drachen
07-28-2011, 11:41 AM
Does anyone own the Logitech revue? I am wondering if there is really any purpose to purchase this (over my WDTV Live). The price just dropped to $99 and if it has functions that the WD doesn't have (especially as a supplement to the cable that I have dropped), then it may be something to look at.

ElNono
07-28-2011, 12:49 PM
Haven't played with it, but be aware that as part of lowering the price of the revue, Logitech CEO resigned today and the company posted a quarter loss. I would make sure they're not just dumping their stock of units to kill the product before putting money on it.

Drachen
07-28-2011, 01:12 PM
Haven't played with it, but be aware that as part of lowering the price of the revue, Logitech CEO resigned today and the company posted a quarter loss. I would make sure they're not just dumping their stock of units to kill the product before putting money on it.

Oh, I am aware of why they are doing it, however google has already said that they will be putting honeycomb on it (among other upgrades) by the end of the summer so it seems that it will continue to get support.

SourCandy
07-28-2011, 08:13 PM
That's pretty cool. What's it do? :lol

I mean is this the cheap alternative to cable or do you still need cable to watch tv shows? I guess I'm looking for something cheaper then cable but still want to watch some cable shows. I guess netflix can do that but I would need a pc or ps3 plugged to my tv. With this you can? I guess I can so some research but I figured since you been in the market for one why not ask here.

leemajors
07-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Logitech is reporting that they are seeing more units returned than sold.

Ouch.

Drachen
07-31-2011, 11:23 PM
That's pretty cool. What's it do? :lol

I mean is this the cheap alternative to cable or do you still need cable to watch tv shows? I guess I'm looking for something cheaper then cable but still want to watch some cable shows. I guess netflix can do that but I would need a pc or ps3 plugged to my tv. With this you can? I guess I can so some research but I figured since you been in the market for one why not ask here.

If you are satisfied with netflix's tv show offering, then yes, this logitech can do that (but if you have a wii you can do it too). I am not exactly in the market for one, though, its just that it got pretty cheap and if it can do substantially more than my current solutions, I can switch it out. I am sure it will be pretty badass with honey comb on it and it will sure be a hell of a lot easier to learn how to hack one system (android) than many systems (android, wdtv, etc)

Drachen
07-31-2011, 11:24 PM
Ouch.

dont know if this makes any difference, but it isnt personal returns (i.e. customers who purchased it returning it) it is the stores returning it. Not saying this is a good thing, but it gives a slightly different perspective.