PDA

View Full Version : is 70 wins possible next year(during regular season)

ducks
06-12-2005, 11:15 PM
if no one gets hurt?

Boo
06-12-2005, 11:16 PM
It's possible, but I highly doubt it will happen.

I think they'll be in the mid 60's.

E20
06-12-2005, 11:17 PM
More like 82! :smokin

GopherSA
No.

Someone will get hurt. Someone will require a big rest.

You know, had there been no injuries, the guys maybe would have reached that this year. But -- it doesn't matter. You don't see the Suns celebrating their best record in the NBA anymore. I think they'd much rather be playing.

Sense
Spurs won't win 70...

Nope...

It is possible but I'll say it won't..

ducks
06-12-2005, 11:18 PM
nazr will have a full traing camp
duncan will not play this summer and rested

I think it is possible

Sense
06-12-2005, 11:19 PM
nazr will have a full traing camp
duncan will not play this summer and rested

I think it is possible

No.

myhc
06-12-2005, 11:19 PM
There are too many tough teams in the West I think for us to get to 70. And too many things have to go our way.

pooh
06-12-2005, 11:20 PM
64 is possible, but with teams getting stronger it probably won't happen.

Solid D
06-12-2005, 11:20 PM
ducks, come on man. Let's get this one done ..... then we can look ahead.

Nice zeal but we got to do this. Keep pounding the rock we have in front of us.

GopherSA
06-12-2005, 11:21 PM
There are too many tough teams in the West I think for us to get to 70. And too many things have to go our way.

Good point.

Can we move to the Eastern Conference?

It is -- as SAS says, "soft."

Aggie Hoopsfan
u need the will power of mj to keep everyone motivated for 82 games
<---------- Umm, hello...

smeagol
Have I fell asleep and we are already Champions?

T Park
64 is possible, but with teams getting stronger it probably won't happen.

just like they were done against Seattle.

Just like they were done vs Denver

vs Phoenix

Keep makin predictions there nostradickmus

Jdspur20
06-12-2005, 11:23 PM
wrong timing forum.

exstatic
06-12-2005, 11:31 PM
The question should be: will there be 70 games played next season? Stern looked the most unhappy I've ever seen him at tonight's game, and it looks like they may go NHL next season. Fuck.

Catharsis
06-13-2005, 12:02 AM
No way will the Spurs or any western conference team win 70 games in the near future. It's just too easy to lose 12+ games in the NBA...for every major team the Spurs can dominate, there will always be a couple brain farts againsts the Hawks and tough games against teams like Dallas, Phoenix, Sacramento and Seattle.

And will the Spurs have Tony Parker next season?

whottt
06-13-2005, 12:09 AM
The Spurs can win 70 games. It's not like I'd expect it for anything, but they won 59 games this season with Duncan missing 15-16 games, Manu missing 8 games, Devin and Rasho missing the final stretch of the season, major trades...Pop's mid season desire for "close" games.

All that and they still won 59 games?

This team is like a poormans showtime Lakers, everyone remembers those Lakers as a fast break team, which they were, but they also had two of the greatest post up players in history and they could play a half court game better than any team other than Bird's Celtics...

The Spurs aren't the showtime Lakers of course and no team ever will be without Magic Johnson...but they are the closest thing the NBA has seen to those Lakers as far as being able to play both the half court and transition game.

And the Spurs are in a league which really doesn't have a match for them when they are utilizing ALL of their versatility.

They have talent to win 70 games in this league, they have no real weaknesses other than long SF's...but it does take luck...even the Bulls only did it once.

Catharsis
06-13-2005, 12:09 AM
why wouldnt they have parker next year? is he playing to marry eva..gaining 95 lbs and pulling a shawn kemp?
Isn't he an unrestricted free agent after the season? If so, won't he command a big contract similar to Manu's? San Antonio would need to dip into the luxury tax if they want to retain him.

Catharsis
06-13-2005, 12:12 AM
The Spurs can win 70 games. It's not like I'd expect it for anything, but they won 59 games this season with Duncan missing 15-16 games, Manu missing 8 games, Devin and Rasho missing the final stretch of the season, major trades...Pop's mid season desire for "close" games.

All that and they still won 59 games?

This team is like a poormans showtime Lakers, everyone remembers those Lakers as a fast break team, which they were, but they also had two of the greatest post up players in history and they could play a half court game better than any team other than Bird's Celtics...

The Spurs aren't the showtime Lakers of course and no team ever will be without Magic Johnson...but they are the closest thing the NBA has seen to those Lakers as far as being able to play both the half court and transition game.

And the Spurs are in a league which really doesn't have a match for them when they are utilizing ALL of their versatility.

They have talent to win 70 games in this league, they have no real weaknesses other than long SF's...but it does take luck...even the Bulls only did it once.
I don't remember the Showtime Lakers being that great at defending.

whottt
Parker is signed for the next 6 years.

Catharsis
Parker is signed for the next 6 years.
When did that happen?

samikeyp
06-13-2005, 12:13 AM
Last summer.

Catharsis
06-13-2005, 12:14 AM
Eh, nevermind...happened in November. Most NBA salary databases are in need of major updating.

Anyone know what the Spurs committed salary for next season is?

Vashner
06-13-2005, 12:16 AM
ANKLES <<<------

You don't want to burn out your players... and short off season comes with trophy ..

Let's win it 1st... just worry about getting TIX and stuff next year..

whottt
06-13-2005, 12:16 AM
I don't remember the Showtime Lakers being that great at defending.

They had the greatest perimeter defender in NBA history on their team and a top 10 all time defensive C...and even Magic(the weak link on their D) lead the NBA steals...

They could play D...they just didn't have to make it as much of an emphasis...they were the team that could run to an NBA title...because of Magic.

But they were a much much better defensive team than the running teams of today are...

But anyway, I was talking about their ability to run or play in the half court...they could do both with any team in the NBA...Magic was the best post up guard in NBA history and Kareem was unstoppable...even when he was old.

And I can honestly say I haven't seen a team come closer to being able to do that like the Lakers than this years Spurs. We can't run like they could...but as you noted...we are a better defensive team.

jalbre6
06-13-2005, 12:37 AM
if that happens---the league will need 2-3 years to get everyone back (fan base)

sad but tru

What really sucks is that if we're fortunate enough to have the Spurs win the title, then a strike happens, noone around the country will give a shit about the title when the sport's not being played. A close second would be to miss more of the Duncan/Ginobili/Parker era.

ZStomp
06-13-2005, 01:18 AM
if no one gets hurt?

Slow down COWBOY.....we not even done w/ this year man. Simmer down...

12Bruce12
06-13-2005, 01:57 AM
Spurs 2005-2006 > Bulls 1996-1997
Yes, it is possible.