PDA

View Full Version : No, Repugs aren't racist: "GOP Rep. Lamborn: Associating With Obama Is Like ...

boutons_deux
08-01-2011, 02:11 PM
... ‘Touching A Tar Baby’

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/08/01/284815/gop-rep-lamborn-associating-with-obama-is-like-touching-a-tar-baby/

==========

So, go ahead, deny global warming, deny US poverty exists, and deny you're racists. We know you mean to tell ALL LIES ALL THE TIME :lol

Spurminator
08-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Manufactured outrage.

Stupid choice of words... meaningless in the big picture.

boutons_deux
08-01-2011, 02:15 PM
outraged? I yawn.

This racist is rousing the rabble racists in his base.

DarrinS
08-01-2011, 02:33 PM
yawn

Wild Cobra
08-01-2011, 10:12 PM
yawn
I agree.

these idiots are such racists, they find racism anywhere.

BX44YHK5Bik

Wild Cobra
08-01-2011, 10:21 PM
definition: Tar Baby (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/tar+baby):

tar baby
n.
A situation or problem from which it is virtually impossible to disentangle oneself.

ElNono
08-01-2011, 10:40 PM
these idiots are such racists, they find racism anywhere.

Like in black surgeon offices?

CuckingFunt
08-01-2011, 10:56 PM
I'm of the opinion that this story is more likely the result of (very) poor word choice than overt racism, but I don't know that Song of the South makes a very convincing argument for libtard over-reaction. The character of Uncle Remus, and the southern slave dialect in which the stories were originally published, is pretty explicitly connected to the archetypes of minstrelsy and the cartoons widely circulated in the post-Reconstruction era that were intended to depict former slaves as happy, docile, dimwitted, and generally in need of white folks' control.

Creepn
08-01-2011, 11:06 PM
"Tar Baby" does have some racial background to it but did he mean it as a racist remark?..... I dunno lol. See my point is that these people needs to study the "forbidden words" handbook because quite simply, we will never know what his true intentions were. Negative thoughts overpowers the good.

Wild Cobra
08-01-2011, 11:19 PM
Like in black surgeon offices?
It's you and those who agree with quota's who are the racists. Not me. You believe a black person needs help to achieve.

Wild Cobra
08-01-2011, 11:21 PM
"Tar Baby" does have some racial background to it but did he mean it as a racist remark?..... I dunno lol. See my point is that these people needs to study the "forbidden words" handbook because quite simply, we will never know what his true intentions were. Negative thoughts overpowers the good.
The PC manual is ever growing. Just when you think you know it, it changes again.

I say fuck PC. Just say what's on your mind.

Creepn
08-01-2011, 11:36 PM
The PC manual is ever growing. Just when you think you know it, it changes again.

I say fuck PC. Just say what's on your mind.

Def. not a good strategy. You know what? I'm just gonna go ahead and think that he is a racist asshole so he lost my vote forever.

TeyshaBlue
08-02-2011, 12:08 AM
Lol @ boutons' hair on fire.
Lol @ fake outrage.
Lol @ Thinkprogress .borg

ManuBalboa
08-02-2011, 12:59 AM
boutons is racist.

Winehole23
08-02-2011, 10:27 AM
Lamborn's office said Monday the third-term congressman intended to say the president's policies have created an economic "quagmire" for the nation and not the more offensive term.http://www.denverpost.com/politics/ci_18598273

DarkReign
08-02-2011, 10:37 AM
From a strictly personal viewpoint, I have only ever heard the term "tar baby" used a racial epitaph.

Never as an allusion to "sticky situations".

boutons_deux
08-02-2011, 10:57 AM
He wrote a letter to tar baby saying was sorry for calling Barry a tar baby.

Oh, Gee!!
08-02-2011, 11:33 AM
definition: Racist:

Racist.
noun
A person (usually black but sometimes hispanic) who takes offense when a white guy calls somebody a tar baby or a maccaca.

example: Can you believe those racist black people got mad and offended when I called that dark fellow a tar baby?

George Gervin's Afro
08-02-2011, 12:01 PM
It's you and those who agree with quota's who are the racists. Not me. You believe a black person needs help to achieve.

The majority of black people don't need help so you don't need to worry.

ElNono
08-02-2011, 12:14 PM

What does quotas have to do with 'intelligent people avoid black surgeons'?

SA210
08-02-2011, 01:46 PM
definition: Racist:

Racist.
noun
A person (usually black but sometimes hispanic) who takes offense when a white guy calls somebody a tar baby or a maccaca.

example: Can you believe those racist black people got mad and offended when I called that dark fellow a tar baby?

:lol

hater
08-02-2011, 01:59 PM

have you been to the hood? Go check it out and come back.

Wild Cobra
08-02-2011, 07:56 PM
What does quotas have to do with 'intelligent people avoid black surgeons'?
That's right, continue to take my statement out of context, even though I have explained it countless times. You want to debate the issue, be honest about or be called a slanderer. If you are incapable of being honest, then you are a simple low life.

Wild Cobra
08-02-2011, 07:57 PM
have you been to the hood? Go check it out and come back.
Yes, I've been there often. If these assholes actually had some real dignity, maybe they could also have enough responsibility to make something of themselves. I used to date a Black chick from "The Hood."

ElNono
08-02-2011, 08:47 PM
That's right, continue to take my statement out of context, even though I have explained it countless times. You want to debate the issue, be honest about or be called a slanderer. If you are incapable of being honest, then you are a simple low life.

I'm pretty sure I didn't miss any context. Are you one of those intelligent people you talked about?

Wild Cobra
08-02-2011, 09:24 PM
I'm pretty sure I didn't miss any context. Are you one of those intelligent people you talked about?
If you didn't miss the context, then how can you be so stupid?

ElNono
08-02-2011, 09:30 PM
If you didn't miss the context, then how can you be so stupid?

I'm not stupid at all... specially compared to somebody that made a claim and now plays dumb. Answer the question, are you one of those 'intelligent' people you described?

Wild Cobra
08-02-2011, 09:40 PM
I'm not stupid at all... specially compared to somebody that made a claim and now plays dumb. Answer the question, are you one of those 'intelligent' people you described?
I consider myself far more intelligent than average.

If you didn't miss the context, and are not stupid, then why do you choose to lie and slander?

ElNono
08-02-2011, 09:46 PM
I consider myself far more intelligent than average.

If you didn't miss the context, and are not stupid, then why do you choose to lie and slander?

I did not lie or slander. I can quote you a third time, bump the thread, etc.
You made yourself pretty clear. Your intelligence or lack thereof was clearly reflected on that thread.

In context.

Wild Cobra
08-02-2011, 10:02 PM
I did not lie or slander. I can quote you a third time, bump the thread, etc.
You made yourself pretty clear. Your intelligence or lack thereof was clearly reflected on that thread.

In context.
Then do so, and I will prove you wrong.