PDA

View Full Version : what do pistons have to do to win a game?

ducks
06-12-2005, 11:54 PM
?

E20
06-12-2005, 11:55 PM
Ducks, Spurs did what they HAD to do, win at home. Now let's see if the Pistons can do what they NEED to do.

Pistons < Spurs
06-12-2005, 11:56 PM
score more points than the Spurs.......

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-12-2005, 11:56 PM
Make SAS work harder to get open looks (closeout better) and make their own open shots.

And play through the calls...

ducks
06-12-2005, 11:57 PM
I agree
pistons have to play and forget the refs

does not larry brown tell them to be mental tough?

LilMissSPURfect
06-12-2005, 11:58 PM
what do pistons have to do to win a game?

have manu put a pistons jersey

ChumpDumper
06-12-2005, 11:58 PM
Hit the chippies.

RobinsontoDuncan
06-12-2005, 11:59 PM
I agree with Pistons<Spurs, I'm pretty sure 99.99999% of the time the Pistons will win if the can score more points than the Spurs, so I'm sure when Larry Brown goes home and looks at some tape he will realize this too

JamStone
06-13-2005, 12:00 AM
Pistons need to shoot better. Hitting some three pointers would help. Spurs went 11-24; Pistons were 0-6 from the 3 pt line.

Pistons need to just play better at both ends of the floor. And, hopefully get some better luck with the bounce of the ball. And, hopefully get some favorable calls.

Pistons need to play near perfect basketball and get a few lucky breaks to beat the Spurs.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-13-2005, 12:01 AM
Make sure Manu misses the bus.

T Park
06-13-2005, 12:03 AM
uhhh, add some perimiter defenders between now and tuesday.

LilMissSPURfect
06-13-2005, 12:03 AM
:lol

weebo
06-13-2005, 12:09 AM
There is nothing the pistons can do. Its over.

SouthernFried
06-13-2005, 12:16 AM
Pistons biggest problem, is mental.

I've never seen a team react so badly to a call. ANY CALL! Bad or good. It seems like they have it in their minds that the refs are out to get them...so, no matter what the call is, they react badly.

From what I've seen on some of their fan sites...many fans support them in this. Enabling their behavior and helping to justify those reactions...which will just lead to more of it.

That, and the lack of team offense. So many 1 on 1's tonight I thought I was watching a game at the Y.

Vashner
06-13-2005, 12:17 AM
Well they will be at home. They have the next 3 chances to win one.

They have to take the lead and not give it up to Manu :)

td4mvp3
06-13-2005, 01:29 AM
honestly, i think the only thing they can do is hope for a mental let down by the spurs, a la the lakers series last year. unfortunately for them, i think that very series is what's helping the team keep it's focus. no way do you relax and think this thing's over cuz we're up 2-zip because you were in the exact same position against the team that got waxed by the team you are now 2-zip up on. even more frightening for detroit is you have to ask yourself if you've actually gotten worse since game 1. that game, everyone gave them the excuse that they're legs were tired and yadda yadda, but this go around, that can't be the reason. what's more, the first game could be construed as a feeling-out process and so a big loss just reflected an unfamiliarity with the opponent. that's not a real excuse this go, either, because now you should know how difficult it will be to score against the spurs and you should know how they like to score and thus plan to stop it. none of that happened and to go further, things got worse. despite having the time to rest, plan and assess your problems from game 1, you still lost by a greater margin and gave up more points than the first game. so they beat you by driving down the lane in game 1, so you try to deny that ... so they kick it out and bury you in three pointers. ok, so, to counter, get up on the shooters ... which of course leaves open the lanes that the driving guys were racing down in game one. all you can hope for is brain flatulence by the spurs.

Sense
06-13-2005, 02:10 AM
?

I haven't figured it out yet..

And it looks like they haven't either.

firepopovich
06-13-2005, 02:26 AM
they'd have to shut down ginobili. hes the biggest differnce between this years spurs team and last years. lets face it he is what makes this team not die in 4th quarters. he gets the team pumped, he gets the crowd pumped, he creates, he scores, he hustles, he gets the key steals that lead to fast break points. shut down ginobili and you'll shut down the spurs

Chris
06-13-2005, 02:30 AM
Pistons need to open up their 3 point game and play the game at their pace, not ours.

Wallace ²
06-13-2005, 05:31 AM
Their biggest problem is the mental problem. They let the refs bother them too much. They usually play well at home, so we will have to wait until Tuesday to see if Detroit can hold serve like San Antonio did.

spursupporter
06-13-2005, 05:49 AM
wait for spurs to go on a slump.

td4mvp3
06-13-2005, 08:53 AM
and Chris, what 3-point game? i had thought they sucked at 3s. at the very least, their primary scorer in hamilton does. and if you start encouraging rasheed to go for threes, i think you're inviting disaster by the end of the game. as he gets tired, those shots stop going and he already has a pechant for staying out of the post.

ambchang
06-13-2005, 09:40 AM
...and the lack of team offense. So many 1 on 1's tonight I thought I was watching a game at the Y.

That was what I was thinking. Have the Pistons totally shut out LB? There is no way a coach will ask his team to go 1-1 on offense, and that's exactly what the Pistons did. Very minimal ball movement.
As good as Popovich, I just can't see him basically destroying LB in the coaching department like how LB destroyed a certain overrated coach in the finals last year.

spurster
06-13-2005, 09:50 AM
On defense, quit slapping at the ball and move your feet. Leaving BB open was a bad idea for this game at least.

On offense, they need to do a better job of getting the ball to the post and handling the traps. Rip needs to do a better job of getting himself open. BB and Manu seem to know where he's going and get in his way.

1Parker1
06-13-2005, 09:53 AM
Pistons biggest problem, is mental.

I've never seen a team react so badly to a call. ANY CALL! Bad or good. It seems like they have it in their minds that the refs are out to get them...so, no matter what the call is, they react badly.

From what I've seen on some of their fan sites...many fans support them in this. Enabling their behavior and helping to justify those reactions...which will just lead to more of it.

That, and the lack of team offense. So many 1 on 1's tonight I thought I was watching a game at the Y.

Exactly. They need to shut up and play through the game. It's the freaking Finals, you don't get many second chance opportunities. Sure some calls could have gone their way, but hey, no one ever said that NBA refs were consistent. Look at how the Spurs played through a series of bad calls in Game 2/3 against Denver or Game 5 against the Suns. The first half of those games, they were down, hanging their heads and frustrated with the refs doing what the Pistons have done. But they regrouped at halftime and fought through it. Pistons are a much better team than these last two losses have indicated. They are just fucking it up big time...which is a great thing for us! :)

nkdlunch
06-13-2005, 09:57 AM
They need to jump larry Brown before game 3 and beat his ass until he agrees to coach to win, not loose.

Extra Stout
06-13-2005, 09:59 AM
Showing up to play might help. In a game they really needed, Detroit came out flat, like they thought their was no way SA could hang with them twice in a row. They're the Pistons, after all.

They acted like they thought the game would just be handed to them. They lacked the appropriate fear, and apparently still do.

Duncan21
06-13-2005, 10:19 AM
if the pistons had any chance last night prince had to play well