PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Spur Schintzius thinks his mullet got him traded

Fabbs
08-02-2011, 08:26 AM
It seems that then-Spurs general manager Bob Bass didn’t like the haircut and wanted his prized rookie to trim his locks.

“He told me to cut it,” Schintzius told old friend Joey Johnson of the Tampa Tribune (hat tip Project Spurs.com). “So I got it cut and sent him the shavings in an envelope. I’m not sure he appreciated that. And then, away I went.”

Schnitzius was swapped for Antoine Carr.
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/07/26/ex-spur-schintzius-thinks-his-mullet-got-him-traded/

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-02-2011, 08:43 AM
Never heard that version. I was always under the impression that David Robinson demanded that Schintzius be traded after he completely upstaged the Admiral in that Pizza Hut commercial. Typical 5-0 diva behavior, tbh.

Spurs Ftw
08-02-2011, 09:33 AM
Having a mullet is the reason Billy Ray Cyrus was a one hit wonder. They seem to be cursed :)

coyotes_geek
08-02-2011, 09:37 AM
It was either the mullet or the fact that Antoine Carr was a better basketball player...........

One of the two.

lefty
08-02-2011, 09:48 AM
Conservative bastards !!!!

He was the centerpiece

Strange Botwin
08-02-2011, 12:35 PM
Never heard that version. I was always under the impression that David Robinson demanded that Schintzius be traded after he completely upstaged the Admiral in that Pizza Hut commercial. Typical 5-0 diva behavior, tbh.

It was Sean Elliott in the commercial, not 5 - 0.

"DWAYNE!" - Ninja

cantthinkofanything
08-02-2011, 01:02 PM
Having a mullet is the reason Billy Ray Cyrus was a one hit wonder. They seem to be cursed :)

You should check your facts about him being a one hit wonder.

Mullet - yes
Cheesy - yes

But multiple charting singles and multiple certified albums means he wans't a one hit wonder. So I think you owe an apology to the mullet.

Spurs Ftw
08-02-2011, 02:01 PM
Only one song comes to mind when i think of Mr Cyrus, and I'm sure you can guess what that is. Im 100% positive I'm not the only one. Sounds like one hit wonder to me :) but I still love him

ambchang
08-02-2011, 02:45 PM
EHv3aDa8n_A

cantthinkofanything
08-02-2011, 03:22 PM
Only one song comes to mind when i think of Mr Cyrus, and I'm sure you can guess what that is. Im 100% positive I'm not the only one. Sounds like one hit wonder to me :) but I still love him

allright then
So a "one hit wonder" is a person or band that you can only think of one of their songs.

Spurs Ftw
08-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Oh nevermind.. You win :(

fyatuk
08-03-2011, 10:53 AM

I can remember more acting roles he's done than songs. Of course, I'm not much of a fan, so that might be why ;)

TDMVPDPOY
08-03-2011, 12:25 PM
cant believe the trash drob had to play with, wasting his prime years

Viva Las Espuelas
08-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Man, was he painful to watch. He stuck out like a sore thumb.

senorglory
08-03-2011, 07:42 PM
i have no memory of being aware of this man,during his playing time, at all. neither as a Spur, nor in the NBA in general. i'm only aware of him now, as an nba-meme.

and while i'm on the subject of memes, what's with the false mullet hate? everyone pretends to be too cool for school when it comes to the mullet, and it's pure posturing. in the eighties, we, all of us, thought that shit was cool. don't act like you knew better back then, just cause you feel like you know better now. f'in' MACGYVER. I rest my case.

ChuckD
08-03-2011, 09:24 PM
The human power to rationalize never ceases to amaze me. DS sucked donkey balls, but he was traded because of his bad hair. :lol

sananspursfan21
08-08-2011, 11:31 AM
he's like mark blount... he was in the nba based solely on height