PDA

View Full Version : If and when the NBA returns, will you still hate the Miami Heat/Lebron?

DeadlyDynasty
08-02-2011, 08:34 AM
It's no secret that I as well as many others have hated this contemptible douchebag since his grandstanding ways in 2009. This previous off-season and season only added more fuel to the fire, but now that he failed so miserably on the world's biggest stage, are any of you ready to move on yet? To see LBJ fall flat on his face was a cathartic moment for all his haters, as well as himself, imo.

I feel fully satiated on Lebron's failures, and am ready to move on, tbh. Of course all it takes is him saying or doing more stupid shit for me to change my mind, but for now I'm content with what's transpired and wouldn't begrudge him winning a ring now.

Anybody else feel this way, or do you want him to keep failing?

cheguevara
08-02-2011, 08:56 AM
Lebron's stock has plummeted. But do not underestimate the ESPN hype machine.

a few 10 game winning streaks, a few twitter comments and the hate will be back.

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Beyond rooting for the Spurs shitting on the Heat might be the only other fun thing to do with the NBA for me. The Mavs finally broke through and with the exception of Jason Terry I don't really want to see any of them fall flat on their face. The Lakers are still the Lakers but barring some sort of Pau level boondoggle to acquire Dwight Howard I don't see them as the Evil Empire to root against anymore. Beyond that the only other team that seems compelling enough to root for would be the Bulls. We'll see how things shake out when they actually get back to business, but like Che said, don't underestimate ESPN. They'll be too lazy to go looking for a worthwhile story and Lebron's an easy target. There are plenty who will hate him just for getting all that press, and I'm sure there's plenty of locker room secrets that will come out of that constant coverage that will make him seem even more unlikeable.

jacobdrj
08-02-2011, 11:10 AM
I am no fan of LeBron. But I do not hate him. He wanted to be a team player, so he joined a good team.

He isn't a fraud. He got further with D-Wade and Bosh than any 1 of them had gone the previous season alone.

He is the A-Rod of basketball. I think when he eventually wins a championship, he will be much more at ease, and will elevate his game even further...

adrienne
08-02-2011, 11:12 AM
I actually felt a little bit bad for him in the end. I don't think he's actually more self absorbed than other players, I think he just sucks with the media. He seems genuinely disconnected from how the average person will perceive things he says and does, which isn't all that surprising since he was crowned king of the world in high school.

I still loved seeing Miami lose, but that had a lot more to do with Pat Riley/the team as a whole and the ESPN lovefest that started before the season. Heat fans I came across definitely didn't help, either.

adrienne
08-02-2011, 11:13 AM
Oh, I'm sorry, "Heat fans", not Heat fans.

mavsfan1000
08-02-2011, 11:13 AM
I actually dislike Wade more.