PDA

View Full Version : Fake "bums" on corners in S.A.

phyzik
08-03-2011, 12:56 AM
Rat these low life motherfuckers out.

For those that travel on my side of town, there are predominantly 2 "bums" in my area. This is in the area between Callaghan and Fredricksburg just off of IH-410.

There's the guy with the cane and there is the guy with his wife in a wheel chair.

The guy with the cane is a complete fucking fraud. He has a wife, who I havnt seen in a while, and they have a brand new 2009 (relatively, since Pontiac is no more) Pontiac G6 that they used to park in the parking lot of Popeyes right there on 410 and callaghan. After I called them out on it one day, I believe they park it in the parking lot of that Chinese resturaunt across 410 (cant remember the name). I know its theirs because I ate lunch at Popeyes after work one day and watched them pack up their shit and drive off. Thats why I called them out a few days later. Motherfuckers.

Since then, I have seen him on 410 and Fredricksburg.

Then there is this sorry old couple that have take over the corner of Callaghan and 410. The wife sits all sad looking in a wheelchair outfitted with an oxygen tank.... Its bogus if you look at it closely. Again, eating one day at popeyes, the bitch gets up out of her wheelchair, comes into popeyes walking with no problem, to use the restroom. Called her out on it too. Bitch went fucking nuts in the resturaunt, they had to call the cops and everything, it was fucking great.... but they are still out there.... I love mad dogging her everytime Im coming home from work. Its great.

So, what bogus fucking bums do you know about?

I'd mention Mouse but we all already know about him, not a new story.

DesignatedT
08-03-2011, 01:15 AM
you fuckin love popeyes

phyzik
08-03-2011, 01:23 AM
you fuckin love popeyes

Actually, I rarely eat there, but yeah, I love me some fucking Cajun Rice.

It just so happened that when I WAS there, it provides full view of these fucking assholes.

Seriously, if you EVER eat at that Popeyes, sit next to the window closest to IH-410 and watch these dipshits.... It's fucking amazing someone hasnt beat the living shit out of them yet.

I'd run them over if I knew I could get away with it. I've seriously thought about it.

Frenzy
08-03-2011, 04:13 AM
When I lived near marbach and 410 there was this guy parked at the valero on marbach n hunt lane. With some old brown car with his pregnant wife I suppose and they would sit there with hood open asking for gas money. Sometimes they said they had car problems. Ran into them a few times and always the same spill. 2 years later I found myself in the same area and they were still there. When he asked for money cause his wife needed to see a dr over the pregnancy. I said "pregnant for two years huh". He just waked away :lol

I. Hustle
08-03-2011, 07:39 AM
410 and Fredericksburg is the spot. This chick used to be there all the time asking for money. She was young looking and had been pregnant for the 2 years that I worked in that area.

ashbeeigh
08-03-2011, 08:11 AM
When I lived near marbach and 410 there was this guy parked at the valero on marbach n hunt lane. With some old brown car with his pregnant wife I suppose and they would sit there with hood open asking for gas money. Sometimes they said they had car problems. Ran into them a few times and always the same spill. 2 years later I found myself in the same area and they were still there. When he asked for money cause his wife needed to see a dr over the pregnancy. I said "pregnant for two years huh". He just waked away :lol

On my way out of the PF on Friday I might have run into this guy. I have him a dollar and then referred him to the United Way. It's my go to game plan from now on. I need to print out a sheet of info on in, United Way, Samm shelter, salvation army, etc. If you really need help they'll be able to help you. If not, they'll throw it out.

rascal
08-03-2011, 08:38 AM
So you have nothing better to do than worrying and bothering these bums.

Blake
08-03-2011, 08:41 AM
you can always call the cops

Soul_Patch
08-03-2011, 09:17 AM
There is a guy who works the intersection of Culebra and 1604 that i have seen, just about every day for about a year now.

Im pretty sure he lives up under the bridge there. I would guess he probably makes a good 10 bucks a stop light...

SA210
08-03-2011, 09:20 AM
Or you could just ignore them

Viva Las Espuelas
08-03-2011, 09:29 AM
I think the only way you can tell if they're legit or not is if they smell like piss, arm pits, ass and booze.

I. Hustle
08-03-2011, 09:45 AM
I think the only way you can tell if they're legit or not is if they smell like piss, arm pits, ass and booze.

Not true, I smell like that all the time and I am not a bum.

pkbpkb81
08-03-2011, 10:52 AM
Someone told me you can go to the court house and get a panhandler permit and legally beg for money it's a job for some of these people

DMC
08-03-2011, 11:05 AM
I've never given any of them a dime, and I don't let them wash my windows either. Austin is a bum friendly place, they are everywhere. I would like to see a law passed that makes loitering on corners illegal. I feel it's not only an eye sore, but it's a security issue to have people in and out of traffic.

Mog
08-03-2011, 11:12 AM

Better off calling that badass TC to rub them out.

I. Hustle
08-03-2011, 11:13 AM
I've never given any of them a dime, and I don't let them wash my windows either. Austin is a bum friendly place, they are everywhere. I would like to see a law passed that makes loitering on corners illegal. I feel it's not only an eye sore, but it's a security issue to have people in and out of traffic.

That is one thing I hated about Austin. Everywhere you turned someone had their hand out asking for money. Not that SA is the best but Austin homeless people have their own damn newspaper.

mrsmaalox
08-03-2011, 11:22 AM
I usually don't pay them any mind, unless I have the top down (convertible), then it's kind of creepy.

I. Hustle
08-03-2011, 11:24 AM
I usually don't pay them any mind, unless I have the top down (convertible), then it's kind of creepy.

oooooo la la

There is one chick that is ALWAYS at the turn at Wetmore when you exit 410. She is nasty and has worn the exact same thing for the past few months or so. It's a little hard to ignore because you have to stop at the stop sign and she just kind of looks at you.

baseline bum
08-03-2011, 11:25 AM

If they're not yelling and raving, then they're not true homeless.

pkbpkb81
08-03-2011, 01:12 PM
oooooo la la

There is one chick that is ALWAYS at the turn at Wetmore when you exit 410. She is nasty and has worn the exact same thing for the past few months or so. It's a little hard to ignore because you have to stop at the stop sign and she just kind of looks at you.

Yeah I pass her everyday on the way home from work I see people giving her food all the time

I. Hustle
08-03-2011, 01:23 PM
Yeah I pass her everyday on the way home from work I see people giving her food all the time

You live by a Mescan then and depending on what time of day you are there I am probably in one of the cars next to you every damn day. From now on I want you to pay attention to who is next to you because I am going to be mad dogging every car that pulls up next to me.

I wonder what happened to that dude that was there before her. He was there for a while before she got there.

Soul_Patch
08-03-2011, 01:56 PM
I remember back in the day when i used to frequent 6th street in Austin, there was always a group of bums under the bridge at 35 trying to help you park your car for money.

Completely empty lot, and you pull into a spot, they will jump up and act like they directed you into the spot...always laughed at that. I always gave them something, because i felt like if i didnt, they would probably rob my shit...

DesignatedT
08-03-2011, 02:04 PM

Yeah right... Call the biggest street gang in America?

Blake
08-03-2011, 02:07 PM
Yeah right... Call the biggest street gang in America?

It's fucking amazing someone hasnt beat the living shit out of them yet.

pkbpkb81
08-03-2011, 02:09 PM
You live by a Mescan then and depending on what time of day you are there I am probably in one of the cars next to you every damn day. From now on I want you to pay attention to who is next to you because I am going to be mad dogging every car that pulls up next to me.

I wonder what happened to that dude that was there before her. He was there for a while before she got there.

lol I will be looking for you.

about a month ago I saw them both there he was under the bridge

I. Hustle
08-03-2011, 02:11 PM
lol I will be looking for you.

about a month ago I saw them both there he was under the bridge

You don't happen to have an OU decal on the back of your SUV do you?

stephen jackson
08-03-2011, 02:40 PM
recording the confrontation would make for a great dvd

Creepn
08-03-2011, 03:16 PM
There's a fake bum on Commerce St. in the westside. He is such a good actor. He walks all crippled n shit. Then I saw him walking home. He walked crippled all the way home, he even opened his gate like his hand was so swiveled up and went inside the house. A few minutes later, he came out RUNNING with his dogs. LOL

pkbpkb81
08-03-2011, 03:25 PM
You don't happen to have an OU decal on the back of your SUV do you?

No I don't. I normally pass by there around 5:30-6:00. I drive an older caddie unless I take the wifes car and it is an suv but no OU decal

I. Hustle
08-03-2011, 03:33 PM
No I don't. I normally pass by there around 5:30-6:00. I drive an older caddie unless I take the wifes car and it is an suv but no OU decal

Well that's the same time I am there. I just asked because there is an SUV I see there every day and it has an OU decal.
OK, I am going to mean mug every Caddy I see.

PM5K
08-03-2011, 07:13 PM
It's 2011 motherfucker, pics man.

I. Hustle
08-03-2011, 07:43 PM
Some dude gave her mcdonalds and a backpack full of stuff

Oh, Gee!!
08-04-2011, 12:51 PM
some of these people aren't technically homeless, they live with family or in group homes, but they have serious mental issues and just walk around all day and panhandle for drug/booze money. they can be dangerous.

Bender
08-04-2011, 03:18 PM
I would like to see a law passed that makes loitering on corners illegal.
didn't it used to be illegal? cops would chase vagrants, bums and beggars off street corners back in the old days.