PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Perry WTF (no racist) (inspired by DMC)

cantthinkofanything
08-03-2011, 12:32 PM
How the hell did Tyler Perry make $350 million dollars. I don't know anyone that has seen any of his movies or any of his shows (which all seem to be the same show from the commercials). Realisticaly, I think he can mentioned in the same sentence as Jim Varney.

Which of you stupid shits is paying to see his movies????

Please God, let it stop.

JoeChalupa
08-03-2011, 12:43 PM
He has his own studio, movies, shows, etc. It ain't that hard to realize the man makes money. If you don't like Tyler Perry you simply don't have to watch or listen to anything he produces. I hate Jersey Shore so never watch it. Simple.

Bill_Brasky
08-03-2011, 12:48 PM
I dont get it either. If a white guy was making those movies black people would scoff and call them corny as fuck (they really are). But its made by a black dude with black actors so it's da funniest thang ever dawg!

I. Hustle
08-03-2011, 01:25 PM
He has his own studio, movies, shows, etc. It ain't that hard to realize the man makes money. If you don't like Tyler Perry you simply don't have to watch or listen to anything he produces. I hate Jersey Shore so never watch it. Simple.

Just because you are banging a black chick doesn't mean you are black too. Just relax and shit talk about Tyler Perry with us. I won't tell your wife.

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Got damn summer reruns. Joe's already brought up the "if you hate it ignore it" view point a little earlier than it usually shows up in these threads, so thanks Joe. A few more folks will pile on the hate. A few might even point out that Spike Lee and Jaleel White shit on Perry and they're black just like him!:wow

Eventually someone, whether an actual Perry supporter or someone bored enough to be contrary, will point out that Larry the Cable Guy somehow turns a profit. Then someone will point out that he's really from Wisconsin or some shit, so his redneck act is all a lie!:wow

Fact is he's got a hardcore following, he knows it well, and he plays straight to them all the way to the bank.

Trill Clinton
08-03-2011, 01:30 PM
I dont get it either. If a white guy was making those movies black people would scoff and call them corny as fuck (they really are). But its made by a black dude with black actors so it's da funniest thang ever dawg!

Pump ya breaks, homeboy. We don't support Tyler Perry and his coon films. TP is the biggest coon in hollywood and Spike Lee called him out on it.

Viva Las Espuelas
08-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Just like crappy bands out there. Yeah they suck, music is lame, forced, but they're doing it. Has you talking. Must be doing something right.

JoeChalupa
08-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Just because you are banging a black chick doesn't mean you are black too. Just relax and shit talk about Tyler Perry with us. I won't tell your wife.

One doesn't have to be black to realize how/why the man made 350 million last year. One only has to have common sense. Relax and take a deep breath.

I. Hustle
08-03-2011, 02:22 PM
one doesn't have to be black to realize how/why the man made 350 million last year. One only has to have common sense. Relax and take a deep breath.

no, you relax you sonuvabitch!!!!! If i could type in all caps i would be yelling this at you but instead i have to resorts to exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You better effin make fun of tyler perry or else!!!!!!!!!

JoeChalupa
08-03-2011, 02:37 PM
no, you relax you sonuvabitch!!!!! If i could type in all caps i would be yelling this at you but instead i have to resorts to exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You better effin make fun of tyler perry or else!!!!!!!!!

Well, he does make an ugly woman.

DMX7
08-03-2011, 02:39 PM
How the hell did Tyler Perry make $350 million dollars. stop.

Affirmative Action! That's how...

JoeChalupa
08-03-2011, 02:47 PM
Just like crappy bands out there. Yeah they suck, music is lame, forced, but they're doing it. Has you talking. Must be doing something right.

I concur. I don't like rap music but the rappers are making millions and britney spears can't carry a tune in a bucket yet look at the millions she made.

JoeChalupa
08-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Lady Gaga

Creepn
08-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Cater a show towards black people and you will make money. That goes with a lot of things though. McDonalds been pimping out the black folks for awhile now. Kelsey Grammer from Fraiser knew this and produced some hit shows like for instance, The Game and Girlfriends.

Leetonidas
08-03-2011, 03:20 PM
vGHKrDya6g4

ZRfDgnapUAw

cantthinkofanything
08-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Cater a show towards black people and you will make money. That goes with a lot of things though. McDonalds been pimping out the black folks for awhile now. Kelsey Grammer from Fraiser knew this and produced some hit shows like for instance, The Game and Girlfriends.

Seems like the bar is set pretty low. A far cry from What's Happening, Good Times, and The Jeffersons. And for one man to be responsible for all this new crap. He needs to turn in his Brutha card. I assume he's not allowed to say "nigga".

Creepn
08-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Seems like the bar is set pretty low. A far cry from What's Happening, Good Times, and The Jeffersons. And for one man to be responsible for all this new crap. He needs to turn in his Brutha card. I assume he's not allowed to say "nigga".

Oh I def. agree. Won't get no argument from me. I can't stand the guy and all of the crappy characters.

JoeChalupa
08-03-2011, 04:09 PM

You can also cater a show towards whites and make money. Rap music is catered to blacks yet I see plenty of whites buying it up. Or cater a show towards Hispanics and make money. These Tyler Perry sucks threads pop up every few months or so.

cantthinkofanything
08-03-2011, 04:21 PM
... These Tyler Perry sucks threads pop up every few months or so.

Probably because he sucks. I'm on my phone or I'd do this. But someone should post his filmography from Imdb.

Viva Las Espuelas
08-03-2011, 04:26 PM
Lady Gaga

Pffffff. She has talent. Way more than (c)rap stars and britney spears combined. You and mostly everyone else are blinded probably cuz she's "weird".

redzero
08-03-2011, 04:31 PM
Lady Gaga has talent but she makes shitty music.

Dark Gable
08-03-2011, 05:01 PM
Tyler is living the American dream. Can't fault the brother for that.

JayTheClown
08-03-2011, 05:01 PM
How the hell did Tyler Perry make $350 million dollars. I don't know anyone that has seen any of his movies or any of his shows (which all seem to be the same show from the commercials). Realisticaly, I think he can mentioned in the same sentence as Jim Varney.

Which of you stupid shits is paying to see his movies????

Please God, let it stop.

I'm not, but then again I'm not dump enough to realize how he made a 350 million dollar profit this year. He a strong following within the African American community (mainly the older church going Black community). The same way shows like "Seinfeld", "Friends", "7th Heaven" and the movie "The Big Lebowski" had in the white community. I wouldn't be caught dead watching any of those shows, but at the same time I'm not wondering why they were successful.

Creepn
08-03-2011, 05:06 PM
lol 7th Heaven was a gay ass show. I remember aching for the day for that show to disappear.

cantthinkofanything
08-03-2011, 05:16 PM
I'm not, but then again I'm not dump enough to realize how he made a 350 million dollar profit this year. He a strong following within the African American community (mainly the older church going Black community). The same way shows like "Seinfeld", "Friends", "7th Heaven" and the movie "The Big Lebowski" had in the white community. I wouldn't be caught dead watching any of those shows, but at the same time I'm not wondering why they were successful.

The difference being that Tyler Perry singlehandedly wrote and directed an eternity worth of shit.

ploto
08-03-2011, 05:16 PM
Who else right now is making TV shows geared specifically to African Americans?? Serious question.

JayTheClown
08-03-2011, 05:20 PM
The difference being that Tyler Perry singlehandedly wrote and directed an eternity worth of shit.

It doesn't make a difference who is writing it. Perry is putting shit out there that alot of people like. How can someone hate on this dude for that? Cause you and your friends don't like it?

Creepn
08-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Kelsey Grammer is actively in the game.

JayTheClown
08-03-2011, 05:23 PM
Who else right now is making TV shows geared specifically to African Americans?? Serious question.

Actually a good point.
No one is, maybe that's why Perry is as popular as he is.
Perry is the Micro Soft of Black Entertainment :lmao

Creepn
double post

JayTheClown
Kelsey Grammer is actively in the game.

Only Grammer's stuff keeps getting canceled.

Creepn
08-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Only Grammer's stuff keeps getting canceled.

That's a shame because I'd rather watch his shows than Perry. Man people are crazy.

JayTheClown
08-03-2011, 05:30 PM
That's a shame because I'd rather watch his shows than Perry. Man people are crazy.

I actually take that back, "The Game" is still on BET I think.
I personally wouldn't be caught dead watching Perry or Grammer. After they canceled "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" and "Martin" I stopped watching sitcoms entirely for some reason.

Trainwreck2100
08-03-2011, 05:38 PM
he gets his money from homos and fatasses. Both of whom have tremendous amounts of disposable income.

cantthinkofanything
08-03-2011, 05:38 PM
It doesn't make a difference who is writing it. Perry is putting shit out there that alot of people like. How can someone hate on this dude for that? Cause you and your friends don't like it?

I hate on him because he is constantly taking shits that are in close proximity to me. Even though I'm not dumb enough to ever step in one, the smell is unavoidable and intrusive. Couple that with the fact he gets paid to make all those terds. And it's compounded by the fact that he takes himself seriously. If a white person made all those shows, he might as well do it in blackface.

JoeChalupa
08-03-2011, 05:41 PM
Pffffff. She has talent. Way more than (c)rap stars and britney spears combined. You and mostly everyone else are blinded probably cuz she's "weird".

No, I simply don't like her music. Perhaps you are blind to Tyler Perry's talent?

Trainwreck2100
08-03-2011, 05:50 PM
No, I simply don't like her music. Perhaps you are blind to Tyler Perry's talent?

:lol.........talent...........:lol

wait

talent :lol

i'm just kidding, conning morons out of their money takes talent

Creepn
08-03-2011, 06:36 PM
I actually take that back, "The Game" is still on BET I think.
I personally wouldn't be caught dead watching Perry or Grammer. After they canceled "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" and "Martin" I stopped watching sitcoms entirely for some reason.

Martin. Now THAT was a great show. Man I miss that show. Gina had to fuck it all up with her harassment charges.

DMC
08-03-2011, 06:46 PM
And fuck George Lopez.

George, vato... listen up: We get it that you're Hispanic. We get it that you "made it". Stop talking about it already you low expectation having motherfucker.

dirk4mvp
08-03-2011, 06:52 PM

:lol figures JayTheSpook would defend it and is probably a huge fan.

Do you have the complete box set of Tyler Perry's Tyler Perry featuring Tyler Perry?

DMC
08-03-2011, 06:56 PM

Do you have the complete box set of Tyler Perry's Tyler Perry featuring Tyler Perry?
"Very funny"

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-03-2011, 07:20 PM
lol 7th Heaven was a gay ass show. I remember aching for the day for that show to disappear.
:lmao I forgot about that horrible show

Leetonidas
08-03-2011, 07:27 PM

http://polaroidsofandroids.com/images/news/2007-08-ice-cube/ice-cube-gun.jpg

Trainwreck2100
08-03-2011, 07:33 PM
http://polaroidsofandroids.com/images/news/2007-08-ice-cube/ice-cube-gun.jpg

Dat's why Tyler perry hates Ice Cube

JayTheClown
08-03-2011, 08:51 PM

Naw faggot I dont. Is that queer in your signature your little butt fuckin buddy?

resistanze
08-03-2011, 08:52 PM
lol mad about a fruity black man making cheddar

DMC
08-03-2011, 08:54 PM
No one is mad about it. Fuck, Richard Simmons is rich. Doesn't mean we have like him.

resistanze
08-03-2011, 08:57 PM
The amount of rich people that contribute nothing but garbage to society could probably shut down this thread. Tyler Perry isn't special. Personally I've never viewed any piece of media he's created for more than 1-2 minutes.

cantthinkofanything
08-03-2011, 09:09 PM
The amount of rich people that contribute nothing but garbage to society could probably shut down this thread. Tyler Perry isn't special. Personally I've never viewed any piece of media he's created for more than 1-2 minutes.

I disagree. Tyler Perry has to be somewhere near the top. I can't think of one person who has written, directed, and been responsible for more shitty movies and television as he has.

cantthinkofanything
08-03-2011, 09:11 PM
although I guess that may be the view that many blacks (and whites) have of Woody Allem.

Jacob1983
08-03-2011, 11:10 PM
He's getting paid millions to do what he loves which is dress up like a stereotypical old black lady. :greedy

dirk4mvp
08-03-2011, 11:52 PM
Naw faggot I dont. Is that queer in your signature your little butt fuckin buddy?

Seems like I hit a nerve. JayTheSpook doesn't like when someone talks about his Tyler Perry :cry

Trainwreck2100
08-04-2011, 12:46 AM
also look at his business model
make shitty movies but they are cheap since the writer/director/and producer are the same guy.]

Get cheap actors to play roles in cheap movie

Course profits will be had

cantthinkofanything
08-04-2011, 10:11 AM
make shitty movies but they are cheap since the writer/director/and producer are the same guy.]

Not arguing with the profitability.

But his movies and shows are like injecting Big Mac's in the brain.

If the government really wants to ban shit that's bad for the population, start with Tyler fucking Perry. The IQ of the Afro-American population will double overnight. Hmmmmm... I think I answered my own orignal question.

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Not arguing with the profitability.

But his movies and shows are like injecting Big Mac's in the brain.

If the government really wants to ban shit that's bad for the population, start with Tyler fucking Perry. The IQ of the Afro-American population will double overnight. Hmmmmm... I think I answered my own orignal question.

Tyler Perry as the 2010 version of crack cocaine. Whoa. My mind = blown.

JoeChalupa
08-05-2011, 10:32 AM
5 Perry films have claimed the #1 spot on opening weekends putting him in the same company as Spielberg, Scorscese, Cameron and Tarantino. Not bad I'd say.

Trainwreck2100
08-05-2011, 10:43 AM
5 Perry films have claimed the #1 spot on opening weekends putting him in the same company as Spielberg, Scorscese, Cameron and Tarantino. Not bad I'd say.

he opens his movies at shit times of the year when there are no actual movies that took talent to make.

JoeChalupa
08-05-2011, 11:36 AM
he opens his movies at shit times of the year when there are no actual movies that took talent to make.

:cry :cry That can be said of many movies. Yeah, like the twilight and harry potter movies and hangover.

Trainwreck2100
08-05-2011, 11:51 AM
:cry :cry That can be said of many movies. Yeah, like the twilight and harry potter movies and hangover.

summer and holidays, not shit time of year, learn to cinema

Ignignokt
08-05-2011, 01:35 PM
Joe chalupa knows this because he likes plain mustard on his hotdog.

cantthinkofanything
07-05-2012, 12:17 AM
bitch

Trainwreck2100
07-05-2012, 02:44 AM
if wonder if joseph ever learned to cinema

2centsworth
07-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Tyler Perry movies are funny, have a good message and are spiritual. Great combination in my house. Thumps Up!

Big Worm
07-05-2012, 03:13 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6krizLlEa1qec74a.gif

Trill Clinton
07-05-2012, 03:54 PM

none.

UPN had a nice lineup of shows geared to AA's but that didn't last long. we haven't had a decent show since fresh prince and family matters.

everything since then have been the equivalent to a minstrel show.

cantthinkofanything
07-05-2012, 04:03 PM
none.

UPN had a nice lineup of shows geared to AA's but that didn't last long. we haven't had a decent show since fresh prince and family matters.

everything since then have been the equivalent to a minstrel show.

This. There was a thread a while back about this and sitcoms. Some of the best sitcoms of all time were AA. Jeffersons, What's Happening, Sanford and Son, Cosby Show... And Good Times, which has to be in the top 10 of all time sitcoms.

But the longest running AA sitcom? House of Payne.

TDMVPDPOY
07-05-2012, 04:17 PM
wtf is tyler perry, and what are his works?

cantthinkofanything
07-05-2012, 04:25 PM
wtf is tyler perry, and what are his works?

Madea's Family Reunion #1 Madea's Family Reunion #2 Madea's Family Reunion #3 Madea's Family Reunion #4 Madea's Family Reunion #5 Madea's Family Reunion #6 Madea's Family Reunion #7 Madea's Family Reunion #8 Do the Right Thing Madea's Family Reunion #9 Madea's Family Reunion #10 Madea's Family Reunion #11 Madea's Family Reunion #12 Madea's Family Reunion #13 Madea's Family Reunion #14 Madea's Family Reunion #15 Madea's Family Reunion #16 Madea's Family Reunion #17 Madea's Family Reunion #18 Madea's Family Reunion #19 Madea's Family Reunion #20 Madea's Family Reunion #21 Madea's Family Reunion #22 Madea's Family Reunion #23 Madea's Family Reunion #24 Madea's Family Reunion #25 Madea's Family Reunion #26 Madea's Family Reunion #27 Madea's Family Reunion #28 Madea's Family Reunion #29 Madea's Family Reunion #30

Bro'Man
07-06-2012, 10:09 AM
This. There was a thread a while back about this and sitcoms. Some of the best sitcoms of all time were AA. Jeffersons, What's Happening, Sanford and Son, Cosby Show... And Good Times, which has to be in the top 10 of all time sitcoms.

But the longest running AA sitcom? House of Payne.

I like chillin' and watchin' the sitcoms with some sammiches.

cheguevara
07-06-2012, 10:24 AM
probably same reason the Friends bullshit made so much dough and lasted so long.

ppl all colors are fucking dumb generally

not to mention all the $$$$ the Disney channel makes with all those preteen white bullshit shows.

producers found out quantity makes as much or more dough than quality. Why make 1 good show when you can make more $ with 25 bad shows

Soul_Patch
07-06-2012, 11:00 AM
lol....

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1347153/

I dont get it either...but someone apparently does.

plainmustard
07-06-2012, 11:06 AM
Joe chalupa knows this because he likes plain mustard on his hotdog.

plain and simple. :tu

Bill_Brasky
07-06-2012, 11:22 AM
:cry if you don't like shitty tyler perry just dont watch :cry

if you don't like people bashing him don't click the thread.