PDA

View Full Version : Vacationing in San Antonio this week

Pelicans78
08-03-2011, 05:44 PM
Me and the wifey decided to finally come to the Alamo City. We stopped in Houston yesterday to visit the in-laws and arrived here today. Can't believe its 104 degrees out here.

If I see anyone with calf tats I will yell out Koriwhat or any small people, DPG will get a hollar. For any random pricks, definitely look for 4>0.

Trainwreck2100
08-03-2011, 06:06 PM
take the wifey to Fiesta Texas, everyone like fiesta texas

DMC
08-03-2011, 07:12 PM
Yeah, go out in 108 degrees, even worse there. She will enjoy that.

I would take her where there's AC, music, dining and dancing, not 110 degree heat and 7000 kids screaming.

Flight3107
08-03-2011, 07:16 PM
I would rent a car and get her out of that city

DPG21920
08-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Have a good time. There is plenty of stuff to do.

I. Hustle
08-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Take her to the zoo.

badfish22
08-03-2011, 07:43 PM
I would rent a car and get her out of that city

dirk4mvp
08-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Take her to the zoo.

I think they already had walking down the street on the agenda.

badfish22
08-03-2011, 07:51 PM
Dirk4; coming off the screen, spotting up, knockin it down.

Axe Murderer
08-03-2011, 07:52 PM
k4m, mama there goes that man again

DPG21920
08-03-2011, 08:01 PM
I think Dallas is a fatter city tbh

Blake
08-03-2011, 08:05 PM
welcome to Class Antonio

Blake
08-03-2011, 08:06 PM
classy 104 degree heat

JayTheClown
08-03-2011, 08:46 PM
I think Dallas is a fatter city tbh

I agree there are a lot of fat asses in the greater Dallas area (Fort Worth, Arlington, Plano etc...), but San Antonio has more fat people I have ever seen. I only been to San Antonio once when I was like 13. I think it was for AAU tournament, but I still remember a lot of fat people for some reason.

DMC
08-03-2011, 08:52 PM
The zoo also blows in the summer. All the animals are fucking lazy and stinky and most are hidden in shady areas or just inside their caves, dwellings.

Take her to Calaveras Park, watch the Mexicans pile 40 people into a 12 foot aluminum boat and have to be rescued. Watch all the little Mexi-kids swimming on the boat ramp in 105 degree turd water. Watch all the idiots submerge their vehicles trying to pull out that 22' 1972 Glastron piece of shit with the engine cowling off.

Good times.

Mr. Freeze
08-03-2011, 09:11 PM
lol having to drive an hour away to see some skinny bitches

Blake
08-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Take her to Calaveras Park, watch the Mexicans pile 40 people into a 12 foot aluminum boat and have to be rescued. Watch all the little Mexi-kids swimming on the boat ramp in 105 degree turd water. Watch all the idiots submerge their vehicles trying to pull out that 22' 1972 Glastron piece of shit with the engine cowling off.

Good times.

wtf

Mr. Freeze
08-03-2011, 09:31 PM
The zoo also blows in the summer. All the animals are fucking lazy and stinky and most are hidden in shady areas or just inside their caves, dwellings.

Good times.

DPG21920
08-03-2011, 09:59 PM
DMC going the way of BlackSwords to try and get attention.

DMC
08-03-2011, 11:04 PM
DMC going the way of BlackSwords to try and get attention.

I was giving good tourist advice. It's fun sitting at the ramp watching the show sometimes. You should try it.

Pelicans78
08-03-2011, 11:16 PM
All right, we got back to our hotel an hour ago. We didn't do a whole lot today. We first decided to go to the North Star mall to do some shopping for birthdays coming up for different family members. Kinda annoying, but she was finally done after an 90 minutes or so. Then we went to the Riverwalk. Had dinner at Casa Rio. We were lucky to get a quick table outside. By that time, it was 8pm so it wasn't too hot. Just a little humid. After that, we went walking around the Riverwalk. Did more shopping. (She can't help herself. Good thing she works!)

Tomorrow we're not sure what to do. The Big 3 on the agenda is Sea World, Six flags, and Splashtown. I like Schlitterbahn's, but its too far away. I'm not sure if we will do any of them. We just may go shopping again somewhere else. The Quarry Market looked interesting off of 281. I also want to go check out the Alamo Dome and the At&t Center. Whenever I go to a large city, I make a habit of checking out all the sport stadiums or arena. We will.

Thanks for the input DMC. If anyone else has any more ideas, we would greatly appreciate.

Nice to hear from the Mavs Krewe, especially TC and Dirk4MVP. I haven't had a chance to get on AIM recently, but I will be a regular again.

NRHector
08-03-2011, 11:21 PM
All right, we got back to our hotel an hour ago. We didn't do a whole lot today. We first decided to go to the North Star mall to do some shopping for birthdays coming up for different family members. Kinda annoying, but she was finally done after an 90 minutes or so. Then we went to the Riverwalk. Had dinner at Casa Rio. We were lucky to get a quick table outside. By that time, it was 8pm so it wasn't too hot. Just a little humid. After that, we went walking around the Riverwalk. Did more shopping. (She can't help herself. Good thing she works!)

Tomorrow we're not sure what to do. The Big 3 on the agenda is Sea World, Six flags, and Splashtown. I like Schlitterbahn's, but its too far away. I'm not sure if we will do any of them. We just may go shopping again somewhere else. The Quarry Market looked interesting off of 281. I also want to go check out the Alamo Dome and the At&t Center. Whenever I go to a large city, I make a habit of checking out all the sport stadiums or arena. We will.

Thanks for the input DMC. If anyone else has any more ideas, we would greatly appreciate.

Nice to hear from the Mavs Krewe, especially TC and Dirk4MVP. I haven't had a chance to get on AIM recently, but I will be a regular again.don't go to six flags, la cantera is right next to it that's another mall. Go to splashtown, Medina Lake or Tubing in the guadalupe river is no too far, is about 30 min drive

Pelicans78
08-03-2011, 11:26 PM
don't go to six flags, la cantera is right next to it that's another mall. Go to splashtown, Medina Lake or Tubing in the guadalupe river is no too far, is about 30 min drive

Thanks Hector. I wasn't really up for Six flags anyway. Splashtown sounds good to me. What about Sea World? Is it really worth it? I'm not up for that either.

NRHector
08-03-2011, 11:29 PM
Thanks Hector. I wasn't really up for Six flags anyway. Splashtown sounds good to me. What about Sea World? Is it really worth it? I'm not up for that either.Sea World is ok but splashtown is better if you want to stay in the water all day especially with this temps

ThePop
08-03-2011, 11:31 PM
Since it's hot everywhere, just drive an hour to Austin. Better city, people, food, etc...

DMC
08-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Go check out the TPC golf course off N 281. I believe you can dine there as well.

There's a horse track up that way as well.

There's a restaurant in the Hemisfair tower, or at least there used to be.

Make the drive to San Marcos, there's a factory outlet with a ton of stores. Your wife will be thrilled.

Blake
08-04-2011, 08:32 AM
Thanks Hector. I wasn't really up for Six flags anyway. Splashtown sounds good to me. What about Sea World? Is it really worth it? I'm not up for that either.

you're better off in the hotel pool than spending money at splashtown, imo.

Pelicans78
08-04-2011, 10:13 AM
Go check out the TPC golf course off N 281. I believe you can dine there as well.

There's a horse track up that way as well.

There's a restaurant in the Hemisfair tower, or at least there used to be.

Make the drive to San Marcos, there's a factory outlet with a ton of stores. Your wife will be thrilled.

Man, DMC, you read my mind. We're planning to go there this afternoon. She's worried that it may be outdoor. I think its fine anyway.

Blake
08-04-2011, 10:16 AM
Man, DMC, you read my mind. We're planning to go there this afternoon. She's worried that it may be outdoor. I think its fine anyway.

it is outdoors.

seems like a waste to go shopping at outlet shops on vacation.

Ditty
08-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Yeah I wouldn't recommend Splashtown, pretty damn ghetto. Six Flags is great, just don't go on a weekend. that's when it gets really packed of course. I've been to Sea World once, and it's kinda overrated more for the kids, they have some entertaining show, but the steel eel is defintley a thrilling ride. Schlitterbahn is pretty badass, just about a boring 30 minute drive out. La Cantera is probably the best mall in SA, they have every single store there, then North Star is probably the second. You need to try out Chris Madrids(Burgers), and need to check out the pizzas at Big Lou's. I don't know about mexican food, I never thought that Mi Tierra was that great, just a great atmosphere or been to La Margarita. If your an enchilada man, then I recommend Blanco Cafe.

FkLA
08-04-2011, 03:14 PM
hit up southpark mall and then grab something to eat at coyote canyon right down the street :)

DMC
08-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Stay away from Military Dr.

FkLA
08-04-2011, 06:22 PM
forgot to mention to hit up noche caliente at night tbh

djohn2oo8
08-04-2011, 06:52 PM
forgot to mention to hit up noche caliente at night tbh

God No!!!

JJ Hickson
08-04-2011, 08:19 PM
lol "vacationing in San Antonio"

Great choice.

baseline bum
08-04-2011, 08:23 PM
Natural Bridge Caverns is the only place that won't be 105.