PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Jones to Barber "You'll always be a Cowboy"

Axe Murderer
08-03-2011, 07:50 PM
I concede that I'm probably breaking the unofficial rules of SpursTalk.com by starting a new thread on something that has likely been addressed already in others, but I felt the need to call out this comment by Jones to Marion Barber in the aftermath of his release.

I keep coming back to how classy it was of JJ, on behalf of Garrett and the entire Cowboys organization, to make it clear to MBIII that he will "always be a Cowboy." As fans we can always debate the trades themselves, the wisdom behind them, the talents of the players being shipped and received......but one thing that is beyond debate is the class and dignity with which this front office treats these moves, and more specifically, the players involved. This comment by JJ, to Barber, per JJ's interview on the Cowboys website last night, epitomizes that. The release itself aside, I was never more proud of the Cowboys organization than I was when I heard JJ say that last night about the one key message that they attempted to deliver to MBIII. Whether that message went over well with Barber is beside the point, it was all about the spirit, intent, and dignity behind it. I loved it, and I'm proud of JJ, I'm proud of the organization, and I'm proud to be a Cowboys fan.

-the Axe

badfish22
08-03-2011, 07:52 PM
:lmao

Da Boys Da Best
08-03-2011, 09:10 PM
He did so much for the team. Ring of honor. No doubt. He was THE BEST RB in the league until his injuries.

Axe Murderer
08-03-2011, 10:23 PM
totally agree!

Isitjustme?
08-04-2011, 02:53 AM
I'm so glad I get to follow classy teams in both my favorite sports.

Kirk Nowitzki
08-04-2011, 01:49 PM
Cowboys are gay. Hope your dicks all fall off in your hands.

TwelveGs210
08-04-2011, 07:53 PM
I wish the best for Barber..he was never an ego, always played hard, played injured, and gave us a few good solid seasons with quite a few memorable plays.

It's crazy how everyone was dead on by saying he was gonna have such a short career due to his agressive
run style. With full respect, I am glad he was cut.

Sigz
08-04-2011, 08:10 PM
Best RB in the league until his injuries???

You cowgirl fans are wack.

TwelveGs210
08-04-2011, 08:27 PM
Best RB in the league until his injuries???

You cowgirl fans are wack.

While not the sharpest tool in the shed, pretty sure that was a sarcastic comment.