PDA

View Full Version : **2011 Raiders thread**

IronMexican
08-03-2011, 08:16 PM
2-14 is my guess.

What's yours, mono's brother?

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Tbh their off season has been bad but not THAT bad. I'd say 6-10 or 7-9, for whatever reason I see DHB having a solid year.

lefty
08-03-2011, 08:32 PM
You never know

they could be a sleeper team

symple19
08-03-2011, 09:04 PM
better than the Niners

So, Raider fan, how about the talk floating around that they may build a stadium both teams can use?

The Oaktown colosseum is a dump, ditto for the stick. If it means funding would be easier, I'm all for it. Seems to work fine for the NY teams.

IronMexican
08-03-2011, 09:06 PM
I'd rather they left Oakland and came to LA.

And no way do they sniff 7-9. The D-line would need to be unstoppable for that, and McClain would have to play at a level near a top tier LB.

Dr. Gonzo
08-03-2011, 09:07 PM
I think the season rides on the play of JaMarcus Russell. If he can cut down on his interceptions and be a little more accurate on his inside seam routes he will be a very hard QB to defend. He's already showing a lot of potential, he's already a top 10 QB in the league, but with a few minor adjustments he will be elite. I have faith in him. He has a strong work ethic and character.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-03-2011, 09:12 PM
I think the season rides on the play of JaMarcus Russell. If he can cut down on his interceptions and be a little more accurate on his inside seam routes he will be a very hard QB to defend. He's already showing a lot of potential, he's already a top 10 QB in the league, but with a few minor adjustments he will be elite. I have faith in him. He has a strong work ethic and character.
Did you know the Raiders also had the 3rd best slot receiver in the NFL?

IronMexican
08-03-2011, 09:17 PM
I still have faith in Russell getting this Raider team to the Super Bowl.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-03-2011, 09:18 PM
Ina world of hype, Russell just wins

symple19
08-03-2011, 09:36 PM
I'd rather they left Oakland and came to LA.

not happening

LA will end up with the Bills or the Jags, imo

DeadlyDynasty
08-03-2011, 09:38 PM
jamaaacus is a great player, get over it.

DeadlyDynasty
08-03-2011, 09:39 PM
not happening

LA will end up with the Bills or the Jags, imo

:cry

Take the Jags, nobody goes to there games anyways

symple19
08-03-2011, 09:42 PM
:cry

Take the Jags, nobody goes to there games anyways

I don't mean it as a slight at all. Neither city deserves to lose their team.

It probably would be the Jags before the Bills

Attendance is still good up in Buffalo, right?

could be probs when Ralph Wilson dies, though

DeadlyDynasty
08-03-2011, 09:42 PM
Bills-Raiders in Week 2. The Fitz will destroy them.

DeadlyDynasty
08-03-2011, 09:43 PM
I don't mean it as a slight at all. Neither city deserves to lose their team.

It probably would be the Jags before the Bills

Attendance is still good up in Buffalo, right?

could be probs when Ralph Wilson dies, though

Ralph's actually been dead for 10 years...little known secret.

yeah, attendance is still ok...better than the Jags.

stretch
08-04-2011, 09:52 AM
Raiders offseason hasn't been as bad as people think, considering they are such a young team.

Losing Miller and Aso sucked, but both would have required an awful lot of money, and those funds need to be used to boost up the offensive line. Their secondary will still be solid (Routt is a very underrated CB), and their front 7 is looking like they will be one of the best in the league.

And its looking like they will get Kevin Boss, who is pretty comparable to Zach Miller, but probably much cheaper.

I have no problem with what they are doing. They are a young team that needs to build with good drafts, low risk high reward signings in FA, and good player development. That is what they seem to finally be doing, as opposed to overpaying overhyped big name FAs that only result in winning 5 games a year and be fucked financially. The Raiders have now gotten rid of most of their bad contracts and have a lot of promising youth, to go with Hue Jackson, who according to everyone around him, has all the makings to be a great coach.

Truth is, even if they fail miserably this season, I'm happier than in previous failed seasons, because at least they have a young team that still can grow, and tradable pieces as opposed to being stuck with overpaid old guys like Warren Sapp, Randy Moss, or Gibril Wilson. They have had very good drafts for the past 2 seasons (which is no coincedence because apparently Al is allowing other people to take more charge in that department).

Axe Murderer
08-04-2011, 09:56 AM
I can see the Raiders repeating last year's success and being even better. They have a pretty favorable schedule. There's only 1 game on their schedule that's gonna be a guaranteed curbstomping (at Green Bay) the rest of their tough out of conference games are all at home.

stretch
08-04-2011, 10:00 AM
I can see the Raiders repeating last year's success and being even better. They have a pretty favorable schedule. There's only 1 game on their schedule that's gonna be a guaranteed curbstomping (at Green Bay) the rest of their tough out of conference games are all at home.

Agreed. If their coach is what he is cracked up to be, I think they will at the very least be 8-8 again.

I have always thought Jason Campbell was underrated, and he showed last year he can do a very good job when given the chance. According to reports, hes been looking very good in camp and comfortable to finally be in the same offensive system for more than a year.

IronMexican
08-04-2011, 08:35 PM
Kevin Boss comparable to Zach Miller?

hahahohwow.avi

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-04-2011, 08:47 PM
Yeah Boss isn't the receiving threat Zach Miller is.

Unless he's playing a certain team with slow ass linebackers that had 0 losses entering the superbowl :cry

IronMexican
08-04-2011, 08:55 PM
We're only gonna score 17 points? hahah, okay.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Tbh if you can get a Patriots player to talk shit at a press conference you know you're in their head. When Welker decided to get in a pissing match with the Jets about Rex Ryan's feet I had a horrible feeling about how that game would turn out.

stretch
08-05-2011, 09:43 AM
Kevin Boss comparable to Zach Miller?

hahahohwow.avi

not saying hes as good as Miller, but that if they get him, losing Miller doesnt hurt too badly. It's not like Miller was used the right way anyways, so if they can get comparable production out of Boss, for cheaper, I'm all for it.

IronMexican
08-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Kind of gay we have to wait till Monday night to watch them. Not only that, but I usually go to bed by 8. Really sucks.

stretch
08-18-2011, 05:01 PM
Kind of gay we have to wait till Monday night to watch them. Not only that, but I usually go to bed by 8. Really sucks.

they play saturday i thought

IronMexican
08-19-2011, 05:20 PM
Nope. Monday night. Game starts at 7.

IronMexican
08-21-2011, 12:10 PM
They looked god awful yesterday. the run D looked 2009 form.

leemajors
08-21-2011, 12:40 PM
http://deadspin.com/5832981/two-fans-shot-in-candlestick-park-parking-lot-after-raiders+49ers-preseason-game

Frenzy
08-23-2011, 07:57 AM
http://deadspin.com/5832981/two-fans-shot-in-candlestick-park-parking-lot-after-raiders+49ers-preseason-game

Lol cholos

pawe
08-23-2011, 10:56 AM
Fucking criminals.
I was at the game when the Raiders played in AZ and the fan's behavior is disgusting. Fighting at the parking lot, fighting at the shuttle ride to the stadium, fighting at the tailgaiting area, fighting at the hallways, multiple removal of fans in the stadium.
And I hated those faggots shouting RAAAIIIIIDERRRRRSSSSS so close to my ear I can smell their beer breath.

midnightpulp
08-27-2011, 02:26 AM
5-11, 6-10. Although they might surprise some folks and get hot due to the favorable schedule and repeat last year's 8-8 ecstasy.