PDA

View Full Version : Stern Is Paid $500,000 per team or 15-16 Million per year + bonuses

Koolaid_Man
08-04-2011, 07:14 AM
Please let's stop demonizing the players....no way this charlatan should be given (not earning) but given $500,000 per team. This is why they're broke and his salary shows how they mismanage in other areas as well. No way for him to justify his salary and then say players earn to much...this is quite comical but I'm not laughing...

Sources: Stern Won't Collect Eight-Figure Salary During Lockout

Aug 03, 2011 11:08 AM EDT

http://basketball.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/wiretap/photos/2006/Stern_David_nba_110801.jpg
David Stern will not collect his salary during the lockout, according to sources with knowledge of Stern's pay status.

Stern's exact annual salary is unknown, but it is believed to be eight-figures. The New York Daily News reported in February that it could be as high as $23 million. Three sources consulted this week by ESPN.com all put it at $15-to-16 million.

One source said Tuesday, according to information he received from one team in the Eastern Conference and one team in the West, that the commissioner earns $500,000 per franchise annually. That would compute to $15 million per season before bonuses are added.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/215001/Sources_Stern_Wont_Collect_Eight_Figure_Salary_Dur ing_Lockout#ixzz1U3qw8Feb

Venti Quattro
08-04-2011, 07:44 AM
Holy fucking shit, this man is evil.

BlackSwordsMan
08-04-2011, 11:43 AM
laker fans biting the hand that picked up the phone to tell the refs to hand them a ring tbh

Spur_Fanatic
08-04-2011, 12:22 PM
Funny thing, I'm liking Stern more and more... (which is easy, never liked him that much to begin with, I guess)

"What? You hire the same lawyer the NFL players did and you want me to believe you won't decertify? Go play in Turkey..."

No all teams can afford go Lakers/Knicks mode, so time to bite the bullet.

jsandiego
08-04-2011, 01:14 PM
Call me crazy, but shouldn't the CEO of an entire professional sports league make more money than one of its players? He has far more responsibilities, like league solvency and worldwide brand expansion. If Kobe/KG/Duncan/Kidd can make $20MM/year, I don't see why it's so bad that Stern makes $23MM.

Spur_Fanatic
08-04-2011, 02:09 PM
Doubt he is making 20m, he probably in the 10m range more than in the 20m.

Koolaid_Man
08-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Call me crazy, but shouldn't the CEO of an entire professional sports league make more money than one of its players? He has far more responsibilities, like league solvency and worldwide brand expansion. If Kobe/KG/Duncan/Kidd can make $20MM/year, I don't see why it's so bad that Stern makes $23MM.

Hi Crazy....

there's two ways to look at it...real world and sports...

real world - A CEO shouldn't make exorbitant salaries with obscene bonuses..do you think they really earn that money...do you really beleive they're that much smarter than people in their organizations to justify the money...Fuck No...they get it because they've been knighted to lobby on behalf of (xyz corp) in whatever capacity for whatever special interest or group. You know under the table, back door deals, secret fraud pacts, etc, etc. It generally has nothing to do with hard work. :lol

sports world - Why not pay Stern $5 mill/team based on your logic. There's no market for his salary so it seems rather arbitrary to me. It's irresponsible spending on the part of the owners. Stern has no real duties or tasks...Most of what he oversees or should I say his power is agreed to during the CBA. This is where the players usually cave in the most to get a deal done, they sometimes don't think it's worth the fight to prolong the lockouts, so Stern walks away having broad powers and authority, the same shit happened in 99. The owners as fucked up as they are when it comes to spending money can police themselves once a CBA is agreed to. They are stupid fucks for employing Stern at the tune of $500k / per. Stern should be replaced by a simple rules arbitrator paid a modest salary based on each decision he has to make regarding player discipline or just pay him a one time fee of let's say $10 mill to last the length of the CBA or just pay him 1 mill a year basically.

Stern is not globalizing the game, the players are. Kobe, Lebron, Yao, Ginobilli, Duncan, Shaq, and a few Euro players inspire globalization of the game. Stern may look likes he is but he's doing shit as for globalization. He's sitting back relying on the players to generate interest based on their play. International players are coming to the US and where teams employ them. Stern doesn't have shit to do with that.

So no he shouldn't be getting paid like that...He's an over priced used car salesman.

Pistons < Spurs
08-04-2011, 11:28 PM
Two league officials say NBA Commissioner David Stern makes less than baseball’s Bud Selig or the NFL’s Roger Goodell, leaving his salary far below the more than $20 million that’s been reported.

Some reports had Stern’s salary at $23 million, angering locked-out players being asked to accept pay cuts in a new collective bargaining agreement.

One of the officials told The Associated Press on Thursday that Stern’s salary is set by the advisory/finance committee, which consists of 11 owners. The people were granted anonymity because the NBA does not release individual salaries.

Selig makes more than $18 million annually. Goodell receives about $10 million in salary, bonus and incentives.

The officials confirmed an ESPN.com report that Stern has declined to accept a pay check during the work stoppage, as he said he would when asked during the All-Star break about Goodell’s plan to lower his salary to $1 during the NFL’s lockout.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-stern-salary

jsandiego
08-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Hi Crazy....

there's two ways to look at it...real world and sports...

real world - A CEO shouldn't make exorbitant salaries with obscene bonuses..do you think they really earn that money...do you really beleive they're that much smarter than people in their organizations to justify the money...Fuck No...they get it because they've been knighted to lobby on behalf of (xyz corp) in whatever capacity for whatever special interest or group. You know under the table, back door deals, secret fraud pacts, etc, etc. It generally has nothing to do with hard work. :lol

sports world - Why not pay Stern $5 mill/team based on your logic. There's no market for his salary so it seems rather arbitrary to me. It's irresponsible spending on the part of the owners. Stern has no real duties or tasks...Most of what he oversees or should I say his power is agreed to during the CBA. This is where the players usually cave in the most to get a deal done, they sometimes don't think it's worth the fight to prolong the lockouts, so Stern walks away having broad powers and authority, the same shit happened in 99. The owners as fucked up as they are when it comes to spending money can police themselves once a CBA is agreed to. They are stupid fucks for employing Stern at the tune of $500k / per. Stern should be replaced by a simple rules arbitrator paid a modest salary based on each decision he has to make regarding player discipline or just pay him a one time fee of let's say $10 mill to last the length of the CBA or just pay him 1 mill a year basically.

Stern is not globalizing the game, the players are. Kobe, Lebron, Yao, Ginobilli, Duncan, Shaq, and a few Euro players inspire globalization of the game. Stern may look likes he is but he's doing shit as for globalization. He's sitting back relying on the players to generate interest based on their play. International players are coming to the US and where teams employ them. Stern doesn't have shit to do with that.

So no he shouldn't be getting paid like that...He's an over priced used car salesman.
I'm just gonna have to disagree with you. You just compared the commissioner of a multi-billion dollar industry to a used car salesman. You may think he's overpaid, but you can't just sit there and pretend he hasn't or doesn't do anything :rolleyes

4>0rings
08-05-2011, 02:48 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/23w4suq.jpg

Baseline
08-05-2011, 05:10 PM
If anybody is unclear about the vilain in any NBA-related chasm, here's a newsflash. This smug you-know-what is a conniving thief. But he's also Teflon. Dude's been printing money for 25 years. It's sickening.