PDA

View Full Version : First pic from Superman: The Man of Steel is out.

redzero
08-04-2011, 10:49 AM
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/3735/1312468190446.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/508/1312468190446.jpg/)

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/5959/1312468276138.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/593/1312468276138.jpg/)

clambake
08-04-2011, 10:52 AM
looks like a country western singer.

DarkReign
08-04-2011, 10:56 AM
When the old Supermans came out, there was nothing to compare it to, so they were awesome and everyone enjoyed them.

Now, you have other comic franchises and beloved characters getting the Hollywood treatment and it has made Superman's interpretation open for a debate that wasnt there in the past.

Lets get to the point.

Superman is damn near a God. Nothing in the known comic universe besides a silly green rock can hurt him in anyway. There is no fallibility with the character besides being somewhat of an awkward alien.

Until a movie embraces his god-hood, it will never satiate the fans who will drive its lasting value.

TDMVPDPOY
08-04-2011, 11:16 AM
is this a reboot, or the continuation of the last 2?

seriously whats with the curly hair?

Blake
08-04-2011, 11:18 AM
the cape is dragging on the ground, the suit looks terrible and the guy looks like a villain.

red box.

pawe
08-04-2011, 11:30 AM
looks more like aquaman with the scaly costume.

I. Hustle
08-04-2011, 11:36 AM
I'll reserve my judgment until I see an actual preview. SO far though he looks more like Bizarro Superman.

CubanMustGo
08-04-2011, 11:53 AM
When the old Superman's came out, there was nothing to compare it to, so they were awesome and everyone enjoyed them.

Now, you have other comic franchises and beloved characters getting the Hollywood treatment and it has made Superman's interpretation open for a debate that wasnt there in the past.

Lets get to the point.

Superman is damn near a God. Nothing in the known comic universe besides a silly green rock can hurt him in anyway. There is no fallibility with the character besides being somewhat of an awkward alien.

Until a movie embraces his god-hood, it will never satiate the fans who will drive its lasting value.

A silly green rock that every two-bit villain seems to have a chunk of. :lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-04-2011, 11:56 AM
I'll reserve my judgment until I see an actual preview. SO far though he looks more like Bizarro Superman.

My thoughts exactly. The shots make him look crazy pale. The fivehead and caveman posture in the pose aren't helping either.

lefty
08-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Christopher Reeves FTW

The rest is shit

Bizarro Superman
08-04-2011, 01:20 PM
Me love it!

http://www.trailershut.com/movie-posters/Bizarro-Superman-Movie-Poster.jpg

CubanSucks
08-04-2011, 02:49 PM
what's with the retarded scaly suit? And the goofy middle aged looking actor?

CuckingFunt
08-04-2011, 03:03 PM
Middle aged? He's 28.

Bad picture, though. He looks more like a superhero type in the Immortals trailer than he does in the Superman gear.

SA210
08-04-2011, 03:08 PM
Not liking the photo. Looks like Wolverine put on a Superman outfit and is pissed off at how he looks in it.

I hope they use the Superman theme that we all know.

jacobdrj
08-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Dean Cain is Superman... Period... Only guy to put on the suit who didn't need props to make him look as muscular as we expect Superman to look...

With that said, I was looking forward to Tim Burton's 'dark' Superman that never happened. I would also think a J Michael Straczynski Superman story would be awesome...

Cane
08-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Superman never did much for me even though I'm a fan of other franchises like Batman and Spiderman. But this new Superman has Christopher Nolan as one of the story writers and producers along with a better supporting cast and premise.

Fighting General Zod will be a huge plus over that real estate scam featured in Superman Returns. That movie didn't have enough entertaining blockbuster scenes and it failed to make you care about what was going on, hopefully that changes in Man of Steel.

lefty
08-04-2011, 03:32 PM
Dean Cain is Superman... Period... Only guy to put on the suit who didn't need props to make him look as muscular as we expect Superman to look...

With that said, I was looking forward to Tim Burton's 'dark' Superman that never happened. I would also think a J Michael Straczynski Superman story would be awesome...
Christopher Reeves shits on all those wannabes, including Dean Caine

SA210
08-04-2011, 06:56 PM
Christopher Reeve will always be Superman, and I don't see anyone ever topping him. I do look forward to this movie, but noone will be better than Reeve.

And that theme will never be outdone either :lol

ksevcw3dGfY

redzero
08-04-2011, 07:23 PM
considering all Zack Snyder has done is made over the top polished turds for movies, why does anyone have high expectations for this?

Because Based Christopher Nolan is involved in it.

DPG21920
08-04-2011, 07:41 PM
Superman is by far the easiest guy to make bad ass and they keep failing to do it. Its amazing.

Mark in Austin
08-04-2011, 07:43 PM
what happened to his eyebrows? weird pic. I agree with CF - he looks more hero-esque in the immortals.

Dex
08-04-2011, 10:33 PM
When the old Supermans came out, there was nothing to compare it to, so they were awesome and everyone enjoyed them.

Lets get to the point.

This is one of those things that always bugged me about Superman. If the only thing that can beat him is kryptonite, this extremely rare material from an alien planet, how the hell do all these villains get their hands on it? Is Lex running a market on this stuff, or can you just go into Wal-Mart and grab some kryptonite-tipped rounds in comic land? And if not, seems like that's leaving a pretty narrow gap for storylines.

ChumpDumper
08-04-2011, 10:36 PM
what happened to his eyebrows? weird pic.Maybe forgot to dye them.

Blake
08-04-2011, 10:40 PM
Dean Cain is Superman... Period...

lol Dean Cain is the worst

thispego
08-04-2011, 11:28 PM

:lmao

Isitjustme?
08-05-2011, 03:15 AM
Supposedly they are having to really rush everything to get this movie done by a certain date so they don't lose the rights to the franchise. Plus there's no way this new Zod will be anywhere near as good as the one from Superman 2. All that plus Zach Snyder directing leaves me to believe it will blow.

benefactor
08-05-2011, 07:02 AM
Zod will be anywhere near as good as the one from Superman 2

Zod's quotes in Superman 2 were iconic. He can never be reproduced.

Ursa: "You are master of all you survey."
General Zod: [bored] "So I was yesterday. And the day before."

"I win. I always win. Is there no one on this planet to even challenge me? "

"Why do you say this to me, when you know I will kill you for it?"

"I am General Zod. Your ruler. Yes, today begins a new order. Your lands, your possessions, your very lives, will gladly be given in tribute to me, General Zod! In return for your obedience you will enjoy my generous protection. In other words you will be allowed to live."

Wild Cobra
08-05-2011, 10:09 AM

You know, I have to agree. He made the best Superman I've ever seen. And he played an intelligent Clark without being a dufis.

SA210
08-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Zod's quotes in Superman 2 were iconic. He can never be reproduced.

"Why do you say this to me, when you know I will kill you for it?"

:lol i've always laughed at that line

Biggems
08-05-2011, 08:12 PM
I have always loved....Kneel before Zod

Biggems
08-05-2011, 08:38 PM
I wish they would have done Superman in a 5 movie series

movie 1: Superman vs Lex

movie 2: Superman vs Brainiac

movie 3: Superman vs Bizarro and Zod

movie 4: Superman vs Doomsday

movie 5: Superman vs Darkseid

DMC
08-05-2011, 10:36 PM
When did Superman get a receding hairline?

DMC
08-05-2011, 10:37 PM
Superman should not look muscular. Why would he? His strength isn't based on muscle mass. How would he develop muscle?

DMC
08-05-2011, 10:43 PM
This is one of those things that always bugged me about Superman. If the only thing that can beat him is kryptonite, this extremely rare material from an alien planet, how the hell do all these villains get their hands on it? Is Lex running a market on this stuff, or can you just go into Wal-Mart and grab some kryptonite-tipped rounds in comic land? And if not, seems like that's leaving a pretty narrow gap for storylines.

There's many things he cannot do. He operates mostly on a linear time scale, he seems to have limits to his speed as it requires time for him to get from point A to point B. His reaction time is fast, but he doesn't stop a bullet before it's fired from the gun.

He's the only superhero who, I think, uses a disguise to be normal, and is otherwise always a superhero.

TDMVPDPOY
08-06-2011, 01:01 AM
so lets get this straight they get a muscly guy to play that superman, while in spiderman 3 they get some skinny clown to play venom? fkn pathetic casting

Trainwreck2100
08-06-2011, 01:26 AM
i guess in this movie his ma don't make him the suit

Capt Bringdown
08-06-2011, 06:40 AM
I wish Hollywood would take a break from super hero movies.

leemajors
08-06-2011, 11:44 AM
Supposedly they are having to really rush everything to get this movie done by a certain date so they don't lose the rights to the franchise. Plus there's no way this new Zod will be anywhere near as good as the one from Superman 2. All that plus Zach Snyder directing leaves me to believe it will blow.

Yup, spot on.

IronMexican
08-06-2011, 11:48 AM

Lets get to the point.

Goku would kick his ass.

leemajors
08-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Also, superman is inexplicably susceptible to magic and i believe always has been

Trainwreck2100
08-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Also, superman is inexplicably susceptible to magic and i believe always has been

it hurts him but it can't kill him. That's why every time he fights captain marvel it ends with captain marvel calling down lightning and losing cause he gets hit

leemajors
08-06-2011, 11:16 PM
it hurts him but it can't kill him. That's why every time he fights captain marvel it ends with captain marvel calling down lightning and losing cause he gets hit

yeah it is always kinda annoying.

Jacob1983
08-08-2011, 12:08 AM
Zack Snyder is the new M. Night. Shyamalan. Their first couple of films were awesome then it just went down hill from there.

Fpoonsie
08-08-2011, 12:28 AM
Zack Snyder is the new M. Night. Shyamalan.

Didjoo overuse these periods for emphasis, or do you really not know how abbreviations work?

GoodOdor
08-08-2011, 12:55 AM
It's hard to make a good money in this case because superman is too damn invincible. The other superheroes have villains who give them a challenge, superman has a bald rich guy that flashes him pieces of kryptonite.

redzero
08-08-2011, 01:00 AM
It's hard to make a good money in this case because superman is too damn invincible. The other superheroes have villains who give them a challenge, superman has a bald rich guy that flashes him pieces of kryptonite.

He was even more overpowered in the 70's. I've read a few comics that have Superman being physically challenged by humans who either have some kind of power suit on or set up an elaborate trap to defeat him. He can move at the speed of light and beat the shit out of any normal person before they even knew what hit them.

SA210
08-27-2011, 07:20 PM
I already didn't like that 1st photo, and I'm really not liking the new all blue outfit now. The red trunks are gone. I think we are really headed toward disappointment. But I hope I'm wrong.

http://www.buzzfocus.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/movies_man_of_steel_02.jpg

http://www.buzzfocus.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/movies_man_of_steel_01.jpg

Prime1
08-28-2011, 12:33 AM
Superman should not look muscular.

He's always drawn muscular in the comics.

There are tons of super villains in the comics who could challenge him (Brainiac, Darkseid, etc.) and Zod, being Krypotonian, has the exact same powers as him.

Prime1
08-28-2011, 12:41 AM
I just wanna repeat this:

Zod has the same powers as Superman just as he did in the second movie. I don't know where this "Superman is too powerful and no one can challenge him stuff" comes from at least in the relation to the original series of movies or this one.

Cyrano
08-28-2011, 01:55 AM
I just wanna repeat this:

Zod has the same powers as Superman just as he did in the second movie. I don't know where this "Superman is too powerful and no one can challenge him stuff" comes from at least in the relation to the original series of movies or this one.

Well, nearly identical. After all, I didn't see Zod peel a cellophane "S" off his chest and throw it at someone.....(WTF was THAT all about?)
uS9GJNETHsw

Spursfan092120
08-28-2011, 12:46 PM

Cain is second banana, dude..you must be too damn young to remember the best Superman...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hOzGUdA-AR4/TfpTE1ijQrI/AAAAAAAAACI/wYj5JwZYhPM/s1600/superman_reeve.jpg

I will say Cain was probably second best..but that's not saying much, tbh.

Spursfan092120
08-28-2011, 12:52 PM
Superman will be the shit again when they do a Red Son movie.

ManuBalboa
08-28-2011, 02:18 PM
superman is such a candyass super hero. :sleep

Spursfan092120
08-28-2011, 03:18 PM
superman is such a candyass super hero. :sleep

No..the Superman storylines they use in movies are candyass. I'm not a comic book goon by any means...but I've read a couple of Superman comics that are fucking insane...if they would use those, SM would look a hell of a lot better.

redzero
08-28-2011, 07:15 PM
Superman will be the shit again when they do a Red Son movie.

That would be cool, but I doubt it will ever happen.

BlackSwordsMan
08-28-2011, 09:39 PM
superman vs the hulk tbh

Isitjustme?
08-29-2011, 07:14 PM
Well, nearly identical. After all, I didn't see Zod peel a cellophane "S" off his chest and throw it at someone.....(WTF was THAT all about?)
uS9GJNETHsw

That was about Richard Lester being a dumbass. Seriously, everything good in II came from Richard Donner and everything shit (the slapstick joke shots during the battles, the campy tone in some scenes, that S shit etc.) came from Lester who took over when Donner was fired like 80% of the way through the movie.

If anyone doubts how shitty Lester is you can just see that when he was finally given complete control of a Superman movie from start to finish he unleashed the complete piece of shit that is Superman III.

Spursfan092120
08-29-2011, 07:24 PM
That would be cool, but I doubt it will ever happen.

Yeah..it would probably cost too much money...but it would still be fucking amazing.

Spursfan092120
08-29-2011, 07:33 PM
That was about Richard Lester being a dumbass. Seriously, everything good in II came from Richard Donner and everything shit (the slapstick joke shots during the battles, the campy tone in some scenes, that S shit etc.) came from Lester who took over when Donner was fired like 80% of the way through the movie.

If anyone doubts how shitty Lester is you can just see that when he was finally given complete control of a Superman movie from start to finish he unleashed the complete piece of shit that is Superman III.

Family Guy did a great job of making fun of that scene.

Non: Prepare to be destroyed, Superman (begins flying toward SM)
(SM throws Cellophane S)
Non: What was that?
SM: Yeah, take that, you jerk!
Villan: That was a minor inconvenience
SM: Yea well that's the idea. Slowed you down.
Villan: I'll say... Ow!
SM: Didnt see that coming did ya?
Villan: No
SM: Yea well, you know... Take that!

da_suns_fan
08-29-2011, 08:23 PM
Dean Cain is Superman... Period... Only guy to put on the suit who didn't need props to make him look as muscular as we expect Superman to look....

You seriously must be a moron.

Spursfan092120
08-29-2011, 08:30 PM
You seriously must be a moron.

well...I thought so too, but in his defense, he might be too young to remember Christopher Reeve as SM.

Cyrano
08-29-2011, 11:21 PM
There is a Richard Donner cut of Superman II on DVD. In some scenes, rehearsal footage had to be used, but overall, it is a very different, much better movie.

Spurtacular
05-11-2019, 08:24 PM
Finishing watching 'Man Of Steel' now. It's decent as far as superhero movies go.

But having the dead Jor-El (Superman's biological father) interacting with characters throughout the movie was just lazy writing.

Pelicans78
05-12-2019, 06:56 PM
I really enjoyed Man of Steel. It was a really good movie and a good starting point for DC post The Dark Knight trilogy.