PDA

View Full Version : Season Predictions

Dr. Gonzo
08-05-2011, 02:27 PM
This is what I think based on the free agent activity so far. I'm sure this may change with preseason injuries and what have you but lets get this shit started my niggas and niggaettes.

AFC:

North: Steelers
East: Jets
South: Colts
West: Chiefs

WC: Texans, Patriots

AFC Championship Game: Pats over Chiefs

NFC:

North: Packers
East: Eagles
South: Falcons
West: Rams

WC: Saints, Lions

NFC Championship Game: Eagles over Falcons

SB: Eagles over Pats

Yes, I'm buying into the Eagles hype. They have VY and all he does is win.

Yes I chose Houston to get the AFC wild card. Last season if they just had a below average defense they would have been in and I think with Wade and the moves they made that will get them to the below-average defensive ranking that they need.

Dr. Gonzo
08-05-2011, 02:27 PM
lol texans

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-05-2011, 02:33 PM
AFC
North: Baltimore
East: Patriots
South: Texans (:lol Colts)
West: Chiefs

WC: Pittsburgh, Jets

NFC:
South: Saints
West: Cardinals

WC: Giants, Falcons

AFC Championship: Patriots over Steelers
NFC Championship: Packers over Eagles

Superbowl: Packers over Patriots

stretch
08-05-2011, 02:37 PM
eagles over patriots in sb tbh

worthlessburger throws 500 ints

stretch
08-05-2011, 02:38 PM
although i think it could easily be colts repping afc or packers repping nfc

pawe
08-05-2011, 02:53 PM
Bills 1-15 > 2nd toughest schedule

49ers 3-13 >:lol:lol:lol

vander
08-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Looks like BB has gone off the deep end with the Chad and Albert signings, so I can't make my usual Saints/Pats prediction. hmm

nah it still has to be Saints/Pats

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Looks like BB has gone off the deep end with the Chad and Albert signings
just like he went off the deep end with Randy Moss and Corey Dillon :rolleyes

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-05-2011, 03:17 PM
:lol anyone picking the Eagles
:lol anyone who thinks a black QB has the mental fortitude to win a SB

vander
08-05-2011, 03:17 PM
just like he went off the deep end with Randy Moss and Corey Dillon :rolleyes

in what way are those two sets of players similar?

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-05-2011, 03:18 PM
How are the Randy Moss and Chad Johnson signings similar? Is that a serious question?

vander
08-05-2011, 03:28 PM
Johnson is not even close to the level of talent Moss was, and twice the headache, and older, and a known quantity.

Moss was BB getting a top commodity when the price was extremely low.

Chad is BB getting full of himself trying to recreate that success

Dillon was filling a need in the platoon RB position, he wasn't one of the fattest/laziest/stupidest players in NFL History, he didn't even have the bad attitude people said he did.

these will go down as two of the worst decisions BB has made

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Johnson is not even close to the level of talent Moss was, and twice the headache, and older, and a known quantity.

Moss was BB getting a top commodity when the price was extremely low.

Chad is BB getting full of himself trying to recreate that success

Dillon was filling a need in the platoon RB position, he wasn't one of the fattest/laziest/stupidest players in NFL History, he didn't even have the bad attitude people said he did.

these will go down as two of the worst decisions BB has made
:lmao:lmao:lmao I thought Moss was no better than Malcolm Floyd and only scored touchdowns because of his height.

lol changing your opinion to whatever suits your argument

vander
08-05-2011, 03:35 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao I thought Moss was no better than Malcolm Floyd and only scored touchdowns because of his height.

lol changing your opinion to whatever suits your argument

lol players changing ability as they age, why can't they be 27 forever? :lol:lol

learnto context

edit: oh and did you compare Moss's 2010 stats to Floyd's 2010 stats yet?

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-05-2011, 03:38 PM
BB got Moss in 2007 (at age 30), and you just said he was a "hot commodity" then. During the 2009 season you said he was a glorified Malcolm Floyd who only got touchdowns from height.

How the fuck does someone go from a hot commodity to Michael Floyd in a 2 year period?

vander
08-05-2011, 03:42 PM
BB got Moss in 2007 (at age 30), and you just said he was a "hot commodity" then. During the 2009 season you said he was a glorified Malcolm Floyd who only got touchdowns from height.

How the fuck does someone go from a hot commodity to Michael Floyd in a 2 year period?

What NFL have you been watching all these years? very few players outside of QB's sustain greatness for more than a couple years, the 2 year fall to has-been is pretty normal

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-05-2011, 03:45 PM
What NFL have you been watching all these years? very few players outside of QB's sustain greatness for more than a couple years, the 2 year fall to has-been is pretty normal
Shouldn't a "top commodity" be able to sustain success for more than 1 year?

This is a retarded argument given that any non-retarded person would say Randy Moss's 2009 season was sustained success from his 2007 season.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-05-2011, 03:48 PM
look at all these touchdowns! Moss only got them cause he's tall!

HvcbxlX8d3A

stretch
08-05-2011, 03:50 PM
:lol anyone picking the Eagles
:lol anyone who thinks a black QB has the mental fortitude to win a SB

:lol jewish guy talking football
:lol anyone who thinks a jew knows shit about anything

vander
08-05-2011, 03:55 PM
This is a retarded argument given that any non-retarded person would say Randy Moss's 2009 season was sustained success from his 2007 season.

:lol sure and his 2011 retirement was sustained success from the 2009 season :lol

so his entire drop off from 2007 level ability to retirement level ability happened some time on 2010?

Shouldn't a "top commodity" be able to sustain success for more than 1 year?

He did, more-so than all but a few receivers in history, most of it took place in Minnesota. he was already on the decline when he came to NE, but playing with Brady and BB can do wonders for your stats and perceived ability.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Look at the TD at the 40 second mark, Moss wouldn't have gotten several yards behind the defense if he was shorter!

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-05-2011, 03:56 PM
so his entire drop off from 2007 level ability to retirement level ability happened some time on 2010?
Yeah actually, look at his numbers in 2009 and 2010.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-05-2011, 03:57 PM
:lol jewish guy talking football
:lol anyone who thinks a jew knows shit about anything
:lol Asian guy talking shit about Jews
:lol anyone thinks a gook knows shit about anything outside of pickles and math

vander
08-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Look at the TD at the 40 second mark, Moss wouldn't have gotten several yards behind the defense if he was shorter!

so you're drawing conclusions from single plays now?

so by this logic, any WR that has ever gotten behind a defense for a TD is an elite WR?

once again

learn to context

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-05-2011, 04:00 PM
so you're drawing conclusions from single plays now?

so by this logic, any WR that has ever gotten behind a defense for a TD is an elite WR?

once again

learn to context
You said he only scored so many TDs in 2009 cause he was tall. That highlight video clearly makes that statement retarded. Getting behind the defense for a TD has nothing to do with being tall.

vander
08-05-2011, 04:04 PM
Yeah actually, look at his numbers in 2009 and 2010.

no, actually, this goes back to your inability to comprehend/see the effect Brady and BB have on a WR stats and perceived ability.

when Brady got sick of Moss, Moss's inflated stats ended abruptly, his ability was still just on a slow decline

vander
08-05-2011, 04:06 PM
You said he only scored so many TDs in 2009 cause he was tall. That highlight video clearly makes that statement retarded. Getting behind the defense for a TD has nothing to do with being tall.

so not a single TD came from him out-reaching a DB?

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-05-2011, 04:07 PM
no, actually, this goes back to your inability to comprehend/see the effect Brady and BB have on a WR stats and perceived ability.

when Brady got sick of Moss, Moss's inflated stats ended abruptly, his ability was still just on a slow decline
I thought his ability declined rapidly from 2007 to 2009? It then slowed from 2009 to 2010?

The truth is, Moss's ability is still there, his character is what ended his career. It got him kicked outa New England, and it got him retired because he wouldn't accept a deal where he had to earn his money.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-05-2011, 04:08 PM
so not a single TD came from him out-reaching a DB?
:lol backpedaling. I thought height was the big reason why he scored 13 TDs in 2009. Now all you're saying is his height led to at least one TD?

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-05-2011, 04:12 PM
And watching that highlight video, I don't see his height being the main contributor to one single TD. His speed and ability to get separation is obvious a MUCH bigger asset to his playing style.

vander
08-05-2011, 04:14 PM
:lol backpedaling. I thought height was the big reason why he scored 13 TDs in 2009. Now all you're saying is his height led to at least one TD?

no, I'm just asking. how many were there? you posted the vid, watch it and count for me, youtube vids aren't playing for me right now

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-05-2011, 04:15 PM
no, I'm just asking. how many were there? you posted the vid, watch it and count for me, youtube vids aren't playing for me right now
I'm serious when I say that video shows his speed created WAY more TDs for him than his height did in 2009. Moss has never been a physical receiver who can use his height to win jump balls.

stretch
08-05-2011, 04:18 PM
:lol Asian guy talking shit about Jews
:lol anyone thinks a gook knows shit about anything outside of pickles and math

:lol jew talking shit about anything
:lol a guy with a head full of pubes has little room to talk about gooks

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-05-2011, 04:20 PM
:lol jew talking shit about anything
:lol a guy with a head full of pubes has little room to talk about gooks
:lol an Asian talking shit about anything
:lol a guy with eyes that are always closed shouldnt talk about Jews and should focus on trying to see

vander
08-05-2011, 04:44 PM
I'm serious when I say that video shows his speed created WAY more TDs for him than his height did in 2009. Moss has never been a physical receiver who can use his height to win jump balls.

first TD = CB guarding against the fade/jump ball, moss pushes to the inside, smaller moss doesn't get this TD

2nd TD = Flea Flicker,

3rd TD = broken play, all tom brady

4th = big body shields off defender for the outside shoulder pass, QBs don't usually throw that pass to smaller WRs, Malcolm Floyd makes this play, and makes it prettier :lol

5th = slant, big body big arms lead to broken tackle for TD

6th = play puts him against safety alone, size allows him to shield off defender and go up and get ball

7th = typical Pats route scheme gets him open, pass has to be high to keep away from underneath defender, short moss doesn't get the TD here

8th = another typical pats unstoppable short yardage play, though revis is probably up in the face of a smaller WR here, rather than worried about the fade.

9th = prefect throw and bad D

10th = all height

11th &12th = Scheme/Bad D/wide open

13th = good play, brady had time to throw to the double move.

most of the TDs here = result of Pats offense, size played a role almost half, Malcolm Floyd would have made all of these plays as well :king

dirk4mvp
08-05-2011, 04:45 PM
neat, part 5 of Vander's retarded ass saying Malcolm Floyd = Randy Moss :rolleyes

vander
08-05-2011, 04:49 PM
neat, part 5 of Vander's retarded ass saying Malcolm Floyd = Randy Moss :rolleyes

I get baited into it, also it's not really about Floyd, I just threw his name out there as example and they ran with it.

DeadlyDynasty
08-05-2011, 10:32 PM
AFC:

East: Patriots
North: Steelers
South: Colts
West: Chargers

WC: Ravens, Bills

AFCCG: Bills over Steelers

NFC:

South: Saints
West: Cardinals

WC: Falcons, Giants

NFCCG: Packers over Saints (in one of the best/funnest games ever)

SB: Bills over Packers.
SBMVP: Ryan Fitzpatrick

Flintstones32
08-05-2011, 11:58 PM
Now to get back on track after a bit of a derailment of a predictions thread..

AFC:

East: Jets
North: Ravens
South: Texans
West: Chargers

WC: Pats, Colts

AFCCG: Jets over Pats

NFC:

South: Falcons
West: Rams

WC: Lions, Saints

NFCCG: Packers over Falcons

SB: Jets over Packers
SBMVP: Revis

pawe
08-06-2011, 02:00 AM
Lol people here still picking the rams. Cards is a more complete team and has the weakest schedule out of all the 32 teams this season.

Flintstones32
08-06-2011, 03:36 AM
Lol people here still picking the rams. Cards is a more complete team and has the weakest schedule out of all the 32 teams this season.

I agree the Cards are the more complete team but I am not a Kolb fan and being new to the system I think they are going to struggle to start off. I may be completely wrong of course but that is why it is a "prediction". I think the Rams could go 9-7 this year and win the division.

mojorizen7
08-06-2011, 06:34 AM
NFC

North
Green Bay
Chicago (wild card)

South
New Orleans
Atlanta (wild card)

East
Philadelphia

West
St Louis
------------

AFC

North
Baltimore
Steelers (wild card)

South
Indianapolis

East
New England

West
Kansas City
San Diego (wild card)
-------------------
PLAYOFFS
NFC championship game
Green Bay over Philadelphia

AFC championship game
Patriots over Chiefs
-------------------
Super Bowl
Packers over Patriots

CHEESE and the TROPHY goes again to the best QB in the NFL today....Aaron Rodgers and his defense.

RAMS elite in 2013! :ihit

symple19
08-06-2011, 07:08 AM
lol Cards fan making fun of the 49ers

NFC

Green Bay (detroit WC)
Atlanta (new orleans WC)
Philly
Rams

AFC

Steelers (Baltimore WC)
Indy
New England (Jets WC)
Chiefs

SB Pack>Indy

Packers may be able to pull off a NE type run here in the next 5 years, IMO

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-06-2011, 01:05 PM
I wouldn't be talking shit about one of the other 31 teams that knows Max Hall doesn't belong on an NFL roster when you support your team having him.

:lol Max Hall fan
:lol thinking his 0 touchdown, 1 interception, 170 yard game against the Saints was good

dirk4mvp
08-06-2011, 01:38 PM
AFC

South - Indy
West- KC
North - Baltimore
East - Jets

WC - NE and Jacksonville (MJD healthy, the Glitter Kitties go HAM beating out SD and the Houston 8-8's for the last wild card)

AFCCG - Indy over Jets

NFC

South - ATL
West - 49ers
North - GB
East - Eagles

WC - NO and Chicago

NFCCG - Packers over Eagles

SB - Indy over Packers

pawe
08-06-2011, 02:38 PM
I wouldn't be talking shit about one of the other 31 teams that knows Max Hall doesn't belong on an NFL roster when you support your team having him.

:lol Max Hall fan
:lol thinking his 0 touchdown, 1 interception, 170 yard game against the Saints was good

He's got swag and moxie.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-06-2011, 02:50 PM
lol whisenhunt

Why the fuck is Max Hall still on the roster, Skelton is more than enough to fill the "longshot dark horse young 3rd string QB" role. IMO they should sign a veteran or some shit to fill the backup role, that'll be enough at QB. Heck I'd even take DA as the backup over what the have now.

I also hope they're joking when they say they're "fine" with what they have at WR. Unless Stephen Williams is getting good a lot quicker expected, they don't have any semblance of a 2nd receiver.

If they got the 2nd receiver and the left tackle position cleared up

NFC West = f:lolcked

pawe
08-06-2011, 03:15 PM
lol whisenhunt

Why the fuck is Max Hall still on the roster, Skelton is more than enough to fill the "longshot dark horse young 3rd string QB" role. IMO they should sign a veteran or some shit to fill the backup role, that'll be enough at QB. Heck I'd even take DA as the backup over what the have now.

I also hope they're joking when they say they're "fine" with what they have at WR. Unless Stephen Williams is getting good a lot quicker expected, they don't have any semblance of a 2nd receiver.

If they got the 2nd receiver and the left tackle position cleared up

NFC West = f:lolcked

Hall and not a vet is still there because the FO is saving money. They have to extend Fitz, shore up the Oline, get a #2 WR and build up a LB corps.

A good tandem of TEs can mask the absence of a 2WR. Floyd and edwards are gone, Moss may be a possibility but just expect Komar, Doucet and Roberts to be #2 WR.

djohn2oo8
08-06-2011, 03:16 PM
I don't know if we make the wildcard, we've heard this shit all before. What I do want is to wreck Peyton so bad week 1. Blitzkrieg dat azz!

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Hall and not a vet is still there because the FO is saving money. They have to extend Fitz, shore up the Oline, get a #2 WR and build up a LB corps.

Which they could do with cap room to spare. They still have cap room out the ass, and extending Fitz wouldn't cost much more as he's already making a shit ton.

Getting someone who can actually play left tackle in the NFL should be their #1 priority tho.

JMarkJohns
08-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Cards need another WR of note (Floyd?) and another O-Lineman before I'm ready to say they are division favorites, but they have the talent. Even with a terrible QB and a harder schedule, they were in contention for upwards of 8 wins last season.

They are close.

TIMMYtoZO
08-06-2011, 05:50 PM
NFC:

1.)Giants
2.)Falcons
3.)Packers
4.)Rams
5.)Eagles
6.)Saints

AFC:
1.)Ravens
2.)Jets
3.)Colts
4.)Chiefs
5.)Patriots
6.)Steelers

Superbowl: Giants over Ravens 27-10.

pawe
08-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Cards need another WR of note (Floyd?) and another O-Lineman before I'm ready to say they are division favorites, but they have the talent. Even with a terrible QB and a harder schedule, they were in contention for upwards of 8 wins last season.

They are close.

Floyd is gone. Signed with chargers.