PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow's haters don't know what he's capable of

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-05-2011, 03:43 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp11/story/_/id/6836076/denver-broncos-tim-tebow-says-critics-know-capable-of

:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

In the end, the joke's on Tebow's haters. They're the only ones keeping him relevant.

Bill_Brasky
08-05-2011, 06:00 PM
Orton is a proven player and should be starting, but I'd be lying if I said there isn't a part of me that wants to see Tebow get the starting gig, just to see what he can do.

Spursfan092120
08-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Let the guy go out there and see what he can do...undeniable that the guy has heart, hate him or not.

DeadlyDynasty
08-05-2011, 10:41 PM
He's such an emo faggot

Trainwreck2100
08-05-2011, 11:55 PM
let him start so that he may crash and burn cause nothing i've seen from him has shown me his accuracy is NFL caliber.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-06-2011, 12:05 AM
Let the guy go out there and see what he can do...undeniable that the guy has heart, hate him or not.
A bible-belt Texan like you would go by the retarded logic that Tebow deserves the job just cause ":cryhe has heart:cry"

Dr. Gonzo
08-06-2011, 01:24 AM
This is why the Broncos should bench a solid QB for an unproven rookie with horrible throwing mechanics.

http://rachelarbeit.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/tim_tebow_2.jpg

He's got fucking heart.

Dr. Gonzo
08-06-2011, 01:26 AM

Jesus Christ that is the stupidest fucking thing I've read in a while.

mojorizen7
08-06-2011, 06:50 AM
Denver's offense is gonnna be a disaster playing catchup to their weak D.
REBUILD.

JMac is calling the plays in St Lou for Bradford instead of drafting bust QB's in the 1st round and running a team into the ground as a Head Coach in the Mile High City......:bang

Nevermind McDaniels track record in New England for scoring a record amount of points and directing Tom Brady's Pats to a 15-1 finish(YOU LOST THE BIG ONE ....hahahah).

Wait.....who was that NY Giants defensive co-ordinater who stuck it to Belichek,Brady and McDaniels for the Lombardi?.....Oh thats right it was Steve Spagnuolo.

Spags meet Josh McDaniels....:toast

[Spags] Josh,i've got a defense that'll be top 10 by the end of the season.
[JMac] Nice...i've inherited a strong young QB,a good offensive line and an elite RB....
[Spags] Can you score some points?
[JMac] I can attack for four quarters and find mismatches all over the field...
[Spags] What makes you so sure of that...............?
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Sam+Bradford+Atlanta+Falcons+v+St+Louis+Rams+4K-W6vzPjsDl.jpg

symple19
08-06-2011, 06:53 AM
90210 jus' bein 90210

Monostradamus
08-06-2011, 08:35 AM
Considering my love for another run-first QB with a shitty throwing motion that just wins (:cry), I should theoretically be a big Tebow supporter. But I don't, fuck him.

djohn2oo8
08-06-2011, 09:29 AM
1 good game from him and ESPN will be back on his nuts like they never left. Oh wait...

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-06-2011, 09:39 AM
This is why the Broncos should bench a solid QB for an unproven rookie with horrible throwing mechanics.

He's got fucking heart.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Isitjustme?
08-06-2011, 11:33 AM
tbh I'm not gonna lie 90210 makes this forum much more interesting. He does that unintentionally but still.

pawe
08-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Id like to see him start just because he helped circumcised orphans in the Philippines.

dirk4mvp
08-06-2011, 01:45 PM
tbh ramsfans shtick of we'll be good real soon! :cry and comparing the pros and cons of every other young team in the NFL is already old.

dirk4mvp
08-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Considering my love for another run-first QB with a shitty throwing motion that just wins (:cry), I should theoretically be a big Tebow supporter. But I don't, fuck him.

one is a believer in the lord and savior jesus christ, the other is a believer in suicide being the easy way out. I think you should realign which one you root for.

underdawg
08-06-2011, 04:05 PM

He's got fucking heart.

Yep, a solid QB that led his team to a 4 and 11 record as a starter last year. Orton's a mediocre QB period.

Wow - I see your awful sports opinions are not limited to basketball.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Yep, a solid QB that led his team to a 4 and 11 record as a starter last year. Orton's a mediocre QB period.

Yeah, the Broncos' record last year was totally Orton's fault

symple19
08-06-2011, 04:26 PM

CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG TD LNG INT FUM RAT

293/ 498/ 3,653/ 58.8/ 7.34/ 20/ 71/ 9/ 1/ 87.5

These numbers definitely say it wasn't Orton's fault

underdawg
08-06-2011, 11:29 PM

You're right - he's the quarterback, not the kicker. The quarterback should never have any accountability for a 4 & 11 record, but the kicker on the hand...

Was 9 for 28 against KC in week 13 the team's fault? He had 2 games with more than 2 touchdown passes in '10, 1 in '09 and 1 in '08.

In 2010, he ranked #24 in passing % and #15 in QB rating - he's a mediocre QB

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-06-2011, 11:32 PM
Still better than Teblows

underdawg
08-06-2011, 11:49 PM
Still better than Teblows

impressive for a guy in the league 6 years vs a rookie, but at least Orton rang in college. Not to mention he has the full support of the Denver fanbase too - life is good.

Teblows - that's good; you gots talent son

symple19
08-07-2011, 12:00 AM
You're right - he's the quarterback, not the kicker. The quarterback should never have any accountability for a 4 & 11 record, but the kicker on the hand...

Was 9 for 28 against KC in week 13 the team's fault? He had 2 games with more than 2 touchdown passes in '10, 1 in '09 and 1 in '08.

In 2010, he ranked #24 in passing % and #15 in QB rating - he's a mediocre QB

I never said he was any better than mediocre. I just said it wasn't all his fault. You can cherry pick stats all day, but those are serviceable numbers that could get a squad in the playoffs if there was a better team around him.

Here are Mark Sanchez's numbers, just for comparison

278/ 507/ 3,291/ 54.8/ 6.49/ 17/ 74/ 13/ 5/ 75.3

The point is, the guy(Orton) is capable of managing his team to the playoffs.

Teblow, otoh, is a bible thumping ass clown with a terrible delivery and even worse footwork. Add in his inability to make quick reads and what you're left with is a subpar fullback who should be on the practice squad, toiling away in obscurity.

Why are you wrapped so far around his nuts?

This thread DEFINITELY calls for an Orton appearance, btw

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-07-2011, 12:07 AM
impressive for a guy in the league 6 years vs a rookie, but at least Orton rang in college. Not to mention he has the full support of the Denver fanbase too - life is good.

Teblows - that's good; you gots talent son
:lol what does ringing in college have anything to do with the NFL?

underdawg
08-07-2011, 12:27 AM
:lol what does ringing in college have anything to do with the NFL?

oh crap - you got me on that one; I was definitely claiming that Tebow's college success has had a significant impact on his success as a QB in the NFL. I'll try to be more subtle next time :lol

skins are skins fella - if you're a mediocre QB (and by all means Tebow is right now being behind Orton), it's better to be a mediocre QB with a ring in college than one without a ring.

symple19
08-07-2011, 12:53 AM
skins are skins fella - if you're a mediocre QB (and by all means Tebow is right now being behind Orton), it's better to be a mediocre QB with a ring in college than one without a ring.

Sister mary, mother of god... what the fuck are you talking about?!?!?!?!?

So your dumbass is saying that Tebow is the better mediocre QB because he's got trophies and rings(from college)?!

College accolades mean jack and shit once you transition to the NFL.

Being a second stringer doesn't make you a mediocre QB, having a shitty skill set does.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-07-2011, 01:08 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

In what way is Tebow's college ring relevant to his QB competition in the NFL?

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-07-2011, 01:08 AM
You gotta be the dumbest motherfucker I've ever had the displeasure of reading on this site. We obviously missed a family. PM me your address.
:lmao

symple19
08-07-2011, 01:37 AM
We obviously missed a family. PM me your address.

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin: rollin

awesome

Axe Murderer
08-07-2011, 11:00 AM
You gotta be the dumbest motherfucker I've ever had the displeasure of reading on this site. We obviously missed a family. PM me your address.

eadlyDy, storming through the paint and throwing down the thunderous sledgehammer!

Spursfan092120
08-07-2011, 12:04 PM
A bible-belt Texan like you would go by the retarded logic that Tebow deserves the job just cause ":cryhe has heart:cry"

Didn't say that...you've mastered the arts of not paying attention, and only hearing what you want to hear...I never said he deserved the job. I said let him show what he can do. If he earns it, great..if he doesn't, let his ass ride the bench. I'm just saying the guy does have heart.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-07-2011, 12:05 PM
They are letting him show what he can do, the problem is he can't do very much.

Spursfan092120
08-07-2011, 12:07 PM

90210 jus' bein 90210

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

tbh I'm not gonna lie 90210 makes this forum much more interesting. He does that unintentionally but still.

Wow..you guys really are fucking stupid..read the post above this one. Are there really that many idiots in here? Never said he deserved shit. I don't even like the guy. I said let him show what he can do...not let him start.

Spursfan092120
08-07-2011, 12:11 PM
They are letting him show what he can do, the problem is he can't do very much.

Besides his shit performance against SD with 2 INTs, he was pretty good the other two games he started. Not starter good, but for all you guys to laugh at the possibility that he could earn a starting spot just shows more ignorance. DoK..I know you're an atheist, but that doesn't mean a guy who is a devout Christian sucks.

Isitjustme?
08-07-2011, 12:15 PM
Not sure why you took a shot at me...I think your stupidity is awesome and entertaining.

:tu U should post more tbh

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-07-2011, 12:22 PM
I'm talking about training camp. Every report out of Denver is saying that Tebow is getting completely undressed by Kyle Orton in training camp. Their coaching staff has remained firm in their stance Orton is the starter in spite of the fact Denver's entire fanbase loves Tebow and they could get a great package in an Orton trade. The only reason John Fox is so sure Orton is the starter is because Orton is clearly the better QB. If he picked Tebow as the starter and Tebow sucks, none of Denver's fans would hold it against him. If he picks Orton and Orton sucks, Denver's fans will want to come after him with pitchforks. Fox would be acting directly against his own interests if he was deliberately trying to make Tebow fail.

As for last year, when Josh McDaniels was coach, Tebow had a QB friendly coach who's job security was tied to proving Tebow was worth a first round pick. McDaniels was gonna do everything in his power to coach Tebow up and make his own draft pick look good. Now Tim Tebow has a coach who has A LOT less experience grooming QBs, and a coach who didn't draft Tebow so all he'll care about is what QB will help Denver win.

Spursfan092120
08-07-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm talking about training camp. Every report out of Denver is saying that Tebow is getting completely undressed by Kyle Orton in training camp. Their coaching staff has remained firm in their stance Orton is the starter in spite of the fact Denver's entire fanbase loves Tebow and they could get a great package in an Orton trade. The only reason John Fox is so sure Orton is the starter is because Orton is clearly the better QB. If he picked Tebow as the starter and Tebow sucks, none of Denver's fans would hold it against him. If he picks Orton and Orton sucks, Denver's fans will want to come after him with pitchforks. Fox would be acting directly against his own interests if he was deliberately trying to make Tebow fail.

As for last year, when Josh McDaniels was coach, Tebow had a QB friendly coach who's job security was tied to proving Tebow was worth a first round pick. McDaniels was gonna do everything in his power to coach Tebow up and make his own draft pick look good. Now Tim Tebow has a coach who has A LOT less experience grooming QBs, and a coach who didn't draft Tebow so all he'll care about is what QB will help Denver win.

That's fine then..if he goes out there and sucks, sit his ass down...I'm not saying let him start. If he's sucking in training camp, then yeah...Orton needs to start..and Tebow probably needs to go somewhere with a coach who can groom a QB better because he's probably not ready to start...and maybe not ready for the NFL alltogether. I was just saying if the guy came out there and outperformed Orton, he deserves it..if not, he doesn't.

HomerFan092120
08-07-2011, 12:36 PM

shut the fuck up you atheist fuckstick.....you being an atheist alone just shows how much you know about football.....Tebow has heart and Orton just doesn't........2 rings in college.....nuff said right there........also he's a hardcore Christian so God will see him through and make sure he gets the starting gig......God just looks out for all of us.....can't wait to rub it in the haters' faces when Tebow proves all the non-believers wrong:toast

symple19
08-07-2011, 12:39 PM
^Amen :lol

Blake
08-07-2011, 02:01 PM
That's fine then..if he goes out there and sucks, sit his ass down...I'm not saying let him start.

huh? if he doesn't start, when do you propose that he goes into the game?

if it's special teams, I might agree.

Spursfan092120
08-07-2011, 02:04 PM
huh? if he doesn't start, when do you propose that he goes into the game?

if it's special teams, I might agree.

No, bro...I'm sayin let him go out there and see what he can do. Training camp...practice...if he sucks, sit him. I didn't know he was sucking in training camp..haven't kept up with the Broncos.

underdawg
08-07-2011, 02:30 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

In what way is Tebow's college ring relevant to his QB competition in the NFL?

If you really believe I was saying his college ring had relevance to his ability to be an NFL QB, you're much more of an idiot than I thought. Apparently, my sarcasm was wasted on you.

Carry on fella.

underdawg
08-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Sister mary, mother of god... what the fuck are you talking about?!?!?!?!?

So your dumbass is saying that Tebow is the better mediocre QB because he's got trophies and rings(from college)?!

College accolades mean jack and shit once you transition to the NFL.

Being a second stringer doesn't make you a mediocre QB, having a shitty skill set does.

your reading comprehension is outstanding - where in my post did you deduct your statements? I'll explain my post to you, since you are a Spurs fan and I would rather you be less stupid today:

-I never said Tebow was a better QB than Orton and in fact that he was more mediocre than Orton because he was behind him on the depth chart
-I never said that having a college ring had any impact as a NFL player, but merely pointed out that if you are a mediocre player, it's better to at least have some accomplishment on your resume. At this point, Tebow's overall football resume is better - not necessarily potential as a QB in the NFL.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Why did you even bother to bring up Tebow's college achievements if you don't think they're relevant to the NFL. This is a thread in the NFL forum talking about Tebow getting a starting job in the NFL.

DAF86
08-07-2011, 03:34 PM
DoK is an atheist? What did I miss?

underdawg
08-07-2011, 03:57 PM
Why did you even bother to bring up Tebow's college achievements if you don't think they're relevant to the NFL. This is a thread in the NFL forum talking about Tebow getting a starting job in the NFL.

it was a side note of no relevance (even from my point of view) - my main pont was that Orton is not a "solid" QB and that was evident because of his stats. Tebow is also mediocre and at this point it's a battle of mediocre QB's - nothing more than that.

It's really not that difficult

Dr. Gonzo
08-07-2011, 09:02 PM
No, bro...I'm sayin let him go out there and see what he can do. Training camp...practice...if he sucks, sit him. I didn't know he was sucking in training camp..haven't kept up with the Broncos.

They have. He sucks. Orton is still there. Tebow demoted to third string.

pawe
08-08-2011, 12:29 PM
Why's a running back competing with Orton for the starting QB job anyway?

Neo.
08-08-2011, 12:47 PM
LMAO orton

Spursfan092120
08-08-2011, 06:19 PM
They have. He sucks. Orton is still there. Tebow demoted to third string.

Well there you go..there's your answer.

Isitjustme?
08-20-2011, 06:50 PM
lol demoted to third string behind Brady Quinn now

HarlemHeat37
08-20-2011, 07:04 PM
Fox is an idiot, tbh..

Tebow outplayed Orton last year, during actual games, and he actually performed in the Red Zone, unlike Orton, the ultimate stat-padder..

It was obvious that Fox was going to neglect Tebow though, he's in love with veteran QBs..

Sigz
08-20-2011, 08:12 PM

293/ 498/ 3,653/ 58.8/ 7.34/ 20/ 71/ 9/ 1/ 87.5

These numbers definitely say it wasn't Orton's fault

Hey ass hole.

Why don't you look beyond the easy stats; and look up his god awful red zone and third down conversion rates.

You dumb fuck.

DeadlyDynasty
08-21-2011, 04:21 PM
:lol Tebow disciples...enjoy his 3rd-string duties this year

Bill_Brasky
08-21-2011, 05:15 PM
Orton reminds me of Taylor Potts at Tech...wowed all the coaches with his arm and mechanics in practice, then went out and choked in actual games.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-21-2011, 08:43 PM
Orton is actually good in games, not his fault he plays for a shit team.

Idk how of all things the Tebow disciples criticize Orton's deep ball. I really don't think Brandon Lloyd woulda gone from irrelevant to 1,400 yards and 18.8 yards per reception if Kyle Orton's deep ball left something to be desired.

As far as Denver's shit red zone performance, that's a much bigger reflection on Josh McDaniels than Kyle Orton. McDaniels' entire system was built around whoring a deep threat and using the deep ball to open up the field and open up shorter/over the middle routes. When the back of the endzone is there to prevent deep passes, that philosophy tends to go to shit. When in addition to that you trade away all of your teams' red zone targets (Marshall, Scheffler) and don't care your team has a shit running game, the red zone offense will be even worse.

Malice
08-24-2011, 10:11 AM
More like 4th string now.Weber, The qb out of Minnesota is turning heads at training camp. News down here is Weber is a better option now.

pawe
08-24-2011, 10:34 AM
They should do Tebow a solid and trade him to a team that needs a backup and end all this drama. He will be another Matt Leinart if he doesnt get to see the field.

Dr. Gonzo
08-24-2011, 04:01 PM
They should do Tebow a solid and trade him to a team that needs a backup and end all this drama. He will be another Matt Leinart if he doesnt get to see the field.

He will be lucky if he can be another Matt Leinart. Leinart never dropped to 4th on a depth chart during the preseason.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-24-2011, 04:08 PM
Tebow's ability to run the ball gives him the small chance to succeed Leinart never had. IMO left handed QBs in the NFL can only be good if they are a running threat and it keeps the defense off balance enough to compensate for their slow, loopy release. You'll never see a successful lefty with a noodle arm who can only complete passes from the pocket (like Leinart). If Tebow actually worked on changing his throwing motion rather than praying jeebus would guide him through it, he could be a good QB.

Axe Murderer
08-24-2011, 04:26 PM
Orton reminds me of Taylor Potts at Tech...wowed all the coaches with his arm and mechanics in practice, then went out and choked in actual games.

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/7/27/lolwut128616685441310201.jpg