PDA

View Full Version : Seafood Cannelloni topped with Lobster Sauce

DeadlyDynasty
08-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Dear God what an amazing dish...had it at Bargello's Bistro (Miami, FL) yesterday and I still can't get over how great it was. Shrimp, crabmeat, and scallops wrapped in pasta and topped with lobster sauce. Definitely my new favorite meal, and I might have to make BB a regular spot now:lol. I'm not much of a cook, but it doesn't look incredibly difficult to make (but expensive though).

What's your favorite meal/dish, and not a go-to favorite that you get often, but a death-row kind of favorite meal?

baseline bum
08-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Dungeness crab and a bowl of mussels in garlic and white wine is my favorite.

baseline bum
08-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Of course if it's a death row meal I'd ask for a bloody porterhouse with it.

DeadlyDynasty
08-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Dungeness crab and a bowl of mussels in garlic and white wine is my favorite.

Solid choice :tu

OT, but I recommend that any crabmeat lovers go to Baltimore's Inner Harbor at least once. The smell is intoxicating and heavenly:toast

Don't venture too far out of the IH though, unless you're trying to score some china white.

CuckingFunt
08-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Death row meal? I'm too fickle. You could ask me that question 100 times and probably get 100 different answers.

Were I to answer now, though, I'd say a really good bowl of Tonkotsu ramen. It's a traditional ramen that uses a broth made from pork marrow bones, fat, and collagen. So unbelievably rich in flavor.

xellos88330
08-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Pussy.

DeadlyDynasty
08-06-2011, 04:27 PM
Pussy.

You're obviously not aware of my social standing, or else you wouldn't have said that.

Ginobilly
08-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Dear God what an amazing dish...had it at Bargello's Bistro (Miami, FL) yesterday and I still can't get over how great it was. Shrimp, crabmeat, and scallops wrapped in pasta and topped with lobster sauce. Definitely my new favorite meal, and I might have to make BB a regular spot now:lol. I'm not much of a cook, but it doesn't look incredibly difficult to make (but expensive though).

What's your favorite meal/dish, and not a go-to favorite that you get often, but a death-row kind of favorite meal?

That sounds like a damn good meal! Congrats:toast
I'm thinking about trying it now but have to find out what San Antonio Rest carries such a dish.

Ginobilly
08-06-2011, 05:11 PM
You're obviously not aware of my social standing, or else you wouldn't have said that.

His idea of a good meal is the dollar menu from McDonald's when he could trade his food stamps for money.

Wilford Brimley
08-07-2011, 10:17 AM
My choices are a bit more limited these days, but the chocolate meal bars from Glucerna are exquisite.

DeadlyDynasty
08-07-2011, 02:14 PM
That sounds like a damn good meal! Congrats:toast
I'm thinking about trying it now but have to find out what San Antonio Rest carries such a dish.

I did a quick search of seafood cannelloni and san antonio and the only thing that came up was the Soleil Bistro and Wine Bar...I'm not from SA and have only been there a couple times on business so I'm not sure where it is or if it even exists. The recipe they had didn't have it in a Lobster sauce unfortunately, but rather a creamy mushroom sauce. Still sounds good.

DeadlyDynasty
08-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Death row meal? I'm too fickle. You could ask me that question 100 times and probably get 100 different answers.

Were I to answer now, though, I'd say a really good bowl of Tonkotsu ramen. It's a traditional ramen that uses a broth made from pork marrow bones, fat, and collagen. So unbelievably rich in flavor.

That doesn't sound incredibly appetizing :lol

What place served that?

Ginobilly
08-07-2011, 04:00 PM
I did a quick search of seafood cannelloni and san antonio and the only thing that came up was the Soleil Bistro and Wine Bar...I'm not from SA and have only been there a couple times on business so I'm not sure where it is or if it even exists. The recipe they had didn't have it in a Lobster sauce unfortunately, but rather a creamy mushroom sauce. Still sounds good.

I tried the dish before at a friends graduation a few years back, and I haven't had the chance to eat it again. Lobster sauce is just outta this world! I could put that stuff on everything. It sucks that Soleil doesn't have it in LS, so that's why I've been searching for recipes on the net so that wifey could make it at home. A friend of mine who is a New Mexican chef makes this crawfish stuffed chicken breast, toppled with a mildly spicy Southwestern mushroom white wine sauce, sprinkled with cilantro, and then she adds another creamy cilantro sauce , served with Spanish rice or Pulao rice, with naan. She is of Indian Punjabi/Hispanic(New Mexican) ancestry btw. Her Mushroom and cilantro sauce have so much flavor that you start thanking the food gods for blessing us with so much variety and choices. This is my current favorite plate at the moment.

silverblk mystix
08-07-2011, 04:05 PM

I am sure that it tastes great...

But if you WERE an inmate...Ramen is the LAST thing you would want to eat...

(not comparing jail ramen to Tonkotsu...but ramen is a jail staple)

baseline bum
08-07-2011, 04:16 PM
I forgot to add a tall glass of chilled pruno to my death row meal.

Dex
08-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Pappas Pan-Broiled Fish Alexander
http://www.recipelink.com/mf/14/942

A creamy béchamel-type of sauce with crab, scallops, shrimp (you can add lobster too), served over pan-fried fish. Also good if you blacken the fish instead of frying it. I usually make it with some dirty rice or jambalaya. When you eat it, you feel like you've hit the seafood jackpot.

mrsmaalox
08-07-2011, 06:12 PM
Solid choice :tu

OT, but I recommend that any crabmeat lovers go to Baltimore's Inner Harbor at least once. The smell is intoxicating and heavenly:toast

Don't venture too far out of the IH though, unless you're trying to score some china white.

OT too, you know I spent much of my childhood in the area (Havre de Grace to be specific) and now the Inner Harbor is one of my favorite places to visit.....but I gotta tell you, about 10 years ago I was living in the DC area and took my parents up to the old neighborhood when they were visiting. We stopped by one of the roadside crab places for lunch and had a major feast. My dad got to talking to the owner about the olden days and how great the crabs have always been. He told my dad, "Hell we're all fished out in this area----most of the crabs served around here come from Texas!" :( Hopefully they've recovered.

CuckingFunt
08-07-2011, 08:21 PM
That doesn't sound incredibly appetizing :lol

What do you think makes meat taste so good when you cook it?

What place served that?

It's traditional Japanese, to my understanding. From the southern region. I've seen it at a tone of Japanese restaurants.

DeadlyDynasty
08-07-2011, 11:22 PM
I tried the dish before at a friends graduation a few years back, and I haven't had the chance to eat it again. Lobster sauce is just outta this world! I could put that stuff on everything. It sucks that Soleil doesn't have it in LS, so that's why I've been searching for recipes on the net so that wifey could make it at home. A friend of mine who is a New Mexican chef makes this crawfish stuffed chicken breast, toppled with a mildly spicy Southwestern mushroom white wine sauce, sprinkled with cilantro, and then she adds another creamy cilantro sauce , served with Spanish rice or Pulao rice, with naan. She is of Indian Punjabi/Hispanic(New Mexican) ancestry btw. Her Mushroom and cilantro sauce have so much flavor that you start thanking the food gods for blessing us with so much variety and choices. This is my current favorite plate at the moment.

That sounds amazing...she's obviously played with that recipe over the years and I guess she finally found the perfect ingredients.:toast

Yeah, Lobster Sauce is ridiculous:hungry:

OT too, you know I spent much of my childhood in the area (Havre de Grace to be specific) and now the Inner Harbor is one of my favorite places to visit.....but I gotta tell you, about 10 years ago I was living in the DC area and took my parents up to the old neighborhood when they were visiting. We stopped by one of the roadside crab places for lunch and had a major feast. My dad got to talking to the owner about the olden days and how great the crabs have always been. He told my dad, "Hell we're all fished out in this area----most of the crabs served around here come from Texas!" :( Hopefully they've recovered.

I wasn't aware of that...heartbreaking, if true...I was born on the Eastern Shore of MD, but we visited often. On a side note if you grew up in Western MD than you must've remembered when the Orioles weren't an embarrassing trainwreck. What were those days like? I can't remember but my Dad has quaint memories of watching real baseball.

What do you think makes meat taste so good when you cook it?

It's traditional Japanese, to my understanding. From the southern region. I've seen it at a tone of Japanese restaurants.

I'm not saying it doesn't taste good, actually I bet it's pretty damn de-lish...but it didn't sound that appetizing. Lots of dishes don't sound good but end up tasting great. Regardless, I'm not a picky eater so if I happen to catch that (or something like it) on a menu at some point, I'll give it a try.

Fpoonsie
08-08-2011, 12:10 AM
Mos def the alambre from a taqueria in Cuernavaca, MEX called "Chaparritos." Al pastor, ham, and bacon, all mixed with different peppers and covered in melted queso blanco. Served with freshly made corn tortillas, cilantro, onions and salsa verde.

silverblk mystix
08-08-2011, 04:47 AM
No question.... Sushi...

-Dragon Roll: shrimp tempura, spicy tuna & eel, avocado outside
-Eel & Avocado Roll: crab meat inside & eel & avacado outside

Drink: Sake Bombs

Halberto
08-08-2011, 06:58 AM
If I had to choose a place to eat, it would be anywhere that is Hibachi-style. But since we're on the seafood topic... I'd say the Pasta Mardi Gras at Papadeaux.

Linguine tossed with crawfish, andouille sausage & crimini mushrooms in a marinara cream sauce topped with jumbo grilled shrimp. Simple, but it makes me orgasm every time.

http://urbanmasala.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/pasta-mardi-gras.jpg