PDA

View Full Version : She don't know what she's doin'!

John Basedow
08-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Kliy32YWFcU

Nathan89
08-06-2011, 11:31 PM
veCZvM6-okQ

Nathan89
08-06-2011, 11:36 PM
All I know about Cool Hand Luke is he can eat a lot of eggs.

DMC
08-07-2011, 01:46 AM
One of the 5 best movies ever made

Giuseppe
08-07-2011, 06:48 AM
And the money shot? The photograph at the end. The "photoshoped" one of Luke with the two hot girls. The one that "Drag" (Kennedy) had torn in four parts is now once again whole. They'd retrieved it & taped it up.

***Just an addendum. I saw Kennedy on TCM a couple months back talking about this scene that the OP cites. The girl and the inmates (actors) were never together for it. They used some non descript local girl who was fully dressed and standing at distance so they had something for the actors to focus their response to so that it would look uniform in the finished product.

Wild Cobra
08-07-2011, 10:20 AM
No, women know what they are doing. They just pretend to be innocent.

Wild Cobra's Surgeon
08-07-2011, 10:24 AM

You tell 'em, partner...sarcasm be damned!

Wild Cobra
08-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Will you please stop stalking me.

Wild Cobra's Surgeon
08-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Will you please stop stalking me.

I've yet to see any evidence of cognitive improvement, post-op. I'm afraid I can't discharge you quite yet.

Summers
08-07-2011, 10:50 AM
One of my favorite movie quotes of all time is from Cool Hand Luke:

1u-I0D9ReqI

And got-damn, Paul Newman was hot.

Giuseppe
08-07-2011, 11:16 AM

That's why they're so fuckin' wonderful.

CubanSucks
08-07-2011, 11:23 AM
One of the 5 best movies ever made

lol no. Not a chance

Giuseppe
08-07-2011, 11:31 AM
One of my favorite movie quotes of all time is from Cool Hand Luke:

1u-I0D9ReqI

And got-damn, Paul Newman was hot.

Why? Seriously, Summers, I'd like to hear what makes him hot.

John Basedow
08-07-2011, 11:34 AM
lol no. Not a chance

True, it doesn't quite match the cinematic brilliance of The Land Before Time.

Giuseppe
08-07-2011, 11:36 AM
:lol

DMC
08-07-2011, 12:36 PM
lol no. Not a chance
Since it's all opinion anyhow, arguing it is pointless.

mrsmaalox
08-07-2011, 01:07 PM
It's a great flick :tu

Don't know about Summers, but I love Paul Newman's pouty lips. A sexy mouth is such a turn on.

And besides the physical attributes, his mannerisms were very sexy and masculine. I like a man who doesn't talk too much, a man who is strong without having to constantly put on the "I'm gonna kick your ass" loudmouth bullshit. He was awesome :spin

CubanSucks
08-07-2011, 02:38 PM
True, it doesn't quite match the cinematic brilliance of The Land Before Time.

not many movies do

Giuseppe
08-07-2011, 02:52 PM

Don't know about Summers, but I love Paul Newman's pouty lips. A sexy mouth is such a turn on.

And besides the physical attributes, his mannerisms were very sexy and masculine. I like a man who doesn't talk too much, a man who is strong without having to constantly put on the "I'm gonna kick your ass" loudmouth bullshit. He was awesome :spin

Thanks for your candor. I genuinely enjoyed it.

---

I remember seeing this as a child in '67. You can't fathom the deep issues involved with the characters when you're so young.

I don't rank pictures. It's my religion.

Now 45 years later it's an intense experience watching this as "Luke" bashes his head against the small world he's trapped within. And his keepers relish the opportunity of breaking him physically, spirtually and emotionally. Obviously it has been awhile since someone of "Luke's" attitude has come to them for processing. Probably never. There's no money involved here as when Robbins is processed in "Shawshank." "Luke" is processed because he is "Luke." And for no other reason. The bosses here have grown mature and lazy and almost no account until "Luke" arrives. They straighten up now. Their heads turn with small jerks & imperceptible spasms. There eyes fill with color. Even "Carl" the floor walker expands at the sight and sounds of "Luke."

I would've have liked to see this picture now for the first time as an adult. Not a remake, but, have this sealed to my eves for 45 years and then view it. It would be something else again.

SourCandy
08-07-2011, 03:18 PM
lol men

Summers
08-08-2011, 06:14 AM

Mm-hmm... not to mention those hollowed out cheeks, brilliant blue eyes, square jaw line. Delicious.

Seriously, why would someone ask me to defend my statement that Paul Newman (may he rest in peace) was hot? :lol

Summers
08-08-2011, 06:17 AM
Why? Seriously, Summers, I'd like to hear what makes him hot.

Just to clarify... you do know the guy speaking in the clip I posted is NOT Paul Newman, right?

BlackSwordsMan
08-08-2011, 10:54 AM
love paul newman's abs you can grate cheese on those things

BlackSwordsMan
08-08-2011, 10:55 AM
lol men

but im different