PDA

View Full Version : The N.Y. Jets will NOT make the playoffs this season

DeadlyDynasty
08-07-2011, 09:49 AM
You heard it here first.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-07-2011, 10:11 AM
Possible tbh. Granted I wanted the Patriots to draft him, they're gonna need Muhammed Wilkerson to contribute immediately since they have no notable D-linemen. They have an aging group at OLB and they're gonna need to rely on more blitzes than ever to get to the QB.

Their ST play will get worse since they lost det nig Brad Smith.

On offense, replacing Braylon with Plaxico when they got almost identical contracts was fuckin stupid. They're gonna need a good offense and they're gonna need Sanchez to be a more than a game manager, question is whether or not he's ready.

IronMexican
08-07-2011, 10:12 AM
Then all the Jets haters will finally say "told you so" after being dead wrong about them for the last two years.

JoeTait75
08-07-2011, 10:35 AM
I don't think Sanchez is ever going to be accurate enough to consistently carry that offense. Right now he's sitting at 54.4 percent for his career, and he didn't improve much at all in that category from year one to year two.

He reminds me of Eli Manning. I know the Giants won the SB with Manning but they also had a dominant front four and some favorable matchups leading up to the Super Bowl.

It's tough to rely on a quarterback who is probably only going to complete 55 or 56 percent of his passes. Just too much inconsistency from one week to another. You know he's going to be absolutely horrendous at times.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-07-2011, 11:23 AM
Eh I still think it's too early to make judgments about Sanchez one way or another but I agree Eli is a great comparison with maybe less interceptions. His production hasn't impressed me at all, but it's not easy to be drafted and thrown into a win-now situation like Sanchez was with the NY media and fanbase to answer to. He also was good in college, but being picked 5th overall was a pretty big reach.

Next year Sanchez might not necessarily have to carry that offense for them to make the playoffs, but he'll need to do more than what he's done recently. They won't generate as many points off special teams without Brad Smith, LT might have another good year but he won't be able to surprise teams like he did last year, and I disagree with those who think Braylon > Santonio, but losing Braylon isn't gonna make things easier for Sanchez.

DeadlyDynasty
08-07-2011, 11:54 AM
Sanchez showed a lot in the AFCCG last season. Down 24-0 at the half and facing an elite D that knew the Jets had to pass, he still made play after play and almost brought them back. People forget that the Steelers offense closed out that game, not the defense...Sanchez had them on their heels, in Pitt no less.

He's showed signs of improvement, but like JoeTait said, his accuracy still remains a great cause for concern. Losing Shaun Ellis on an already thin D-Line (Jenkins retired) hurts their cause on defense, although they did bring back Cro. Does their front 7 really look that intimidating? Like DoK said, they're gonna have to do some vintage Jim Johnson-Eagle blitzing on many downs to mask their deficiencies.

I also don't see LT having the same impact on offense, and until we see a couple games from Plax it's too early to say he fills the void Braylon left. The Jets expectations have become even higher, but the Pats destroyed them in free agency and have a chip on their shoulder (to beat a cliche to death) from last year's playoff loss and the Jets celebrating on their field.

Pats win the division...Jets will win 10 games MAX...maybe less. The WC's will come from the North and South, imo.