PDA

View Full Version : Lebrons working out with Hakeem...

cesare borgia
08-08-2011, 07:04 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AhwctZt3HiK_Arie5XU43rS8vLYF?slug=ap-heat-jamesinterview

Originally Posted by Yahoo
He’s also trying to deliver on his vow to be even better whenever the Heat resume play, saying he’s been in Houston at times this offseason to learn post play from one of the game’s all-time greats, former Rockets star Hakeem Olajuwon.

“I look at what he was able to do throughout his career,” James said. “Unbelievable talent. Multiple champion. Just to see how he was able to dominate in the low post, for me as an individual, I just try to look at some of the things I feel I need to get better at and hit home at it. Our team becomes better if I continue to get better and that’s what it’s about.”

djohn2oo8
08-08-2011, 07:11 PM
Koolaid_Man's automated response: "This bitch ass nigga just be copyin' King Kobe"

pass1st
08-08-2011, 08:39 PM
He should be working with Horry

CubanMustGo
08-08-2011, 08:57 PM
What, now he's going to grow 6" and play center?

bongraider
08-09-2011, 03:03 AM
he needs 4th quarter balls, not a post game

lefty
08-09-2011, 08:18 AM
Kobe
Dwight
Lebrron

They all work out with Hakeem

LOL Jordan

cheguevara
08-09-2011, 09:07 AM
unless he injects Hakeems DNA into his gutless body I don't see much of a change

ducks
08-09-2011, 11:16 AM
about time

TheMACHINE
08-09-2011, 01:44 PM
Is he gonna change his name to Black Mamba too?

I. Hustle
08-09-2011, 01:56 PM
What, now he's going to grow 6" and play center?

This.

Aside from that, a couple of weeks of working out with The Dream isn't going to do shit for him. If he really wanted to work on this he would have BEEN working out with Hakeem.
I hate how cocky and arrogant the guy is to think Yeah, I'm going to put in a week or two of work the Hakeem and the I'll have a complete game. That shit would take months if not years.
I know all Lebron knows is basketball but to play all this time and never have a post game and then to expect to learn how to play on the block just because he spent some time with H.O...

I. Hustle
08-09-2011, 02:00 PM
Is he gonna change his name to Black Mamba too?

The difference between Lebron and Kobe is that Kobe puts basketball before everything else. I believe that he could spend two days with Hakeem and get that shit down because he is such a student and wants to become the absolute best. With Lebron, he relies to much on his natural ability and has been told all his basketball playing life that he is the best. I think it's all a stunt to win back some fans and have them believe that he is trying to improve his game.
Come the start of the season though he will still be the same old Lebron. Bank on that.

greensborohill
08-09-2011, 02:04 PM
LeBron a b!tch that locksup in pressure situations. Nothing will ever change that.

Neo.
08-09-2011, 02:17 PM
he needs 4th quarter balls, not a post game

I honestly don't think its a matter of not having balls in the clutch, as there have been many times in the past where Lebron showed massive balls and delivered in the clutch.

The problem is that the primary skillset he has (bulling his way through the lane for a layup/dunk) is not built for the clutch. His lack of finesse moves makes it much easier to gameplan for him and to affect his play using good team defense. Generally if you want to be able to deliver consistently in the clutch, you either need to have a post game, or a consistently reliable jumpshot. Usually both.

He rarely uses his post game to his advantage, and his jumper is just so streaky, that his clutch performances tend to be streaky as well. After the ECF against the Bulls, he looked like one of, if not the most clutch player in the NBA. Then after the Finals, he looked like the biggest choker in the NBA. The difference? His lack of consistency in his jumper, obviously due to his poor shooting fundamentals.

Neo.
08-09-2011, 02:20 PM
I hate how cocky and arrogant the guy is to think Yeah, I'm going to put in a week or two of work the Hakeem and the I'll have a complete game. That shit would take months if not years.

Why do people think this? I missed the part where he said anything like this.

It's getting hilarious how people just fabricate shit up about Lebron. The hate is just ridiculous and stupid.

Yeah, he should have started putting work in on this sooner, and I'm sure thats a regret he has, but just because he is starting late, doesnt mean that he is expecting it to suddenly be an amazing skill of his after a couple weeks. I think it's better that he admits he needs help on it now, and is looking for help, as opposed to being so confident to the point that he doesnt work on it at all.

JoeTait75
08-09-2011, 04:08 PM
I honestly don't think its a matter of not having balls in the clutch, as there have been many times in the past where Lebron showed massive balls and delivered in the clutch.

The problem is that the primary skillset he has (bulling his way through the lane for a layup/dunk) is not built for the clutch. His lack of finesse moves makes it much easier to gameplan for him and to affect his play using good team defense. Generally if you want to be able to deliver consistently in the clutch, you either need to have a post game, or a consistently reliable jumpshot. Usually both.

He rarely uses his post game to his advantage, and his jumper is just so streaky, that his clutch performances tend to be streaky as well. After the ECF against the Bulls, he looked like one of, if not the most clutch player in the NBA. Then after the Finals, he looked like the biggest choker in the NBA. The difference? His lack of consistency in his jumper, obviously due to his poor shooting fundamentals.

This.

Still, he didn't look as if he wanted any part of the ball in the Finals.

djohn2oo8
08-09-2011, 04:39 PM
Wonder what Hakeem's thinking in this pic

http://i54.tinypic.com/dr753k.jpg

DMC
08-09-2011, 05:15 PM

"Dees beech... no reeeng... pfff"

IronMexican
08-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Yeah, only took Hakeem over a decade and no Jordan.

Koolaid_Man
08-09-2011, 06:38 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AhwctZt3HiK_Arie5XU43rS8vLYF?slug=ap-heat-jamesinterview

Originally Posted by Yahoo
He’s also trying to deliver on his vow to be even better whenever the Heat resume play, saying he’s been in Houston at times this offseason to learn post play from one of the game’s all-time greats, former Rockets star Hakeem Olajuwon.

“I look at what he was able to do throughout his career,” James said. “Unbelievable talent. Multiple champion. Just to see how he was able to dominate in the low post, for me as an individual, I just try to look at some of the things I feel I need to get better at and hit home at it. Our team becomes better if I continue to get better and that’s what it’s about.”

disgusting

djohn2oo8
08-09-2011, 06:52 PM
IronMexican, with the ball in his arm, calling timeout with no timeouts remaining.

crc21209
08-10-2011, 12:27 AM
Yeah, only took Hakeem over a decade and no Jordan.

Bingo. If Jordan doesnt leave for a couple years to play baseball Hakeem might only have 1 ring, and maybe not even that....

Koolaid_Man
08-10-2011, 12:44 AM
Bingo. If Jordan doesnt leave for a couple years to play baseball Hakeem might only have 1 ring, and maybe not even that....

Doesn't matter...MJ recognizes Hakeem's greatness... in a Cigar Afficianado magazine in the early 2000's MJ named his all-time team:

Michael Jordan - shooting guard
Magic Johnson - point guard
Scottie Pippen - Small Forward
Larry Bird - Power Forward
Hakeem Olajuwon - Center

He picked Hakeem over Shaq, Ewing, and others. His reason was that Hakeem had more dimensions to his game especially on the defensive end. He notes that not many people know, but Hakeem is Top 10 in steals all time, and from a TEAM standpoint he would choose Hakeem.

Venti Quattro
08-10-2011, 01:25 AM
Working out with Hakeem seems to be the new fad now. What gives?

Kai
08-10-2011, 02:31 AM
LeBron makes trips to Houston to specifically work with arguably the best post player ever and everybody hates on him. Never change, ST.

djohn2oo8
08-10-2011, 06:40 AM

Rockets don't tank for Hakeem, you might not have Duncan. See what I did there? Hypotheticals are a cool story bruh :toast

djohn2oo8
08-10-2011, 06:41 AM
LeBron makes trips to Houston to specifically work with arguably the best post player ever and everybody hates on him. Never change, ST.

Nobody hates on him because of that, because of that epic choke job in the finals, he deserves all the hate.

Ace
08-10-2011, 10:21 PM
Gg nba

LkrFan
08-11-2011, 06:08 AM
This.

Aside from that, a couple of weeks of working out with The Dream isn't going to do shit for him. If he really wanted to work on this he would have BEEN working out with Hakeem.
I know all Lebron knows is basketball but to play all this time and never have a post game and then to expect to learn how to play on the block just because he spent some time with H.O...
QFT :tu

LkrFan
08-11-2011, 06:09 AM
The difference between Lebron and Kobe is that Kobe puts basketball before everything else. I believe that he could spend two days with Hakeem and get that shit down because he is such a student and wants to become the absolute best. With Lebron, he relies to much on his natural ability and has been told all his basketball playing life that he is the best. I think it's all a stunt to win back some fans and have them believe that he is trying to improve his game.
Come the start of the season though he will still be the same old Lebron. Bank on that.

QFT :tu :tu

LkrFan
08-11-2011, 06:13 AM

"LBJ looks older than me and I'm 58"

Ace
08-11-2011, 09:56 AM
This.

It doesn't say this anywhere. He could spend the whole the summer there for all you know. Stop making idiotic assumptions...

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-11-2011, 10:05 AM
As much as having one would help him, I don't understand why people act like a post game is Lebron's biggest need right now. How many close games are won by post scoring in the 4th quarter? A more consistent shot (especially off the dribble) and a better arsenal of dribble moves/ways to finish around the hoop are IMO bigger needs for Lebron than a post game. A post game will be a bigger need for him down the road when his athleticism deteriorates like when MJ and Kobe started to post up more.

daslicer
08-11-2011, 10:23 AM
As much as having one would help him, I don't understand why people act like a post game is Lebron's biggest need right now. How many close games are won by post scoring in the 4th quarter? A more consistent shot (especially off the dribble) and a better arsenal of dribble moves/ways to finish around the hoop are IMO bigger needs for Lebron than a post game. A post game will be a bigger need for him down the road when his athleticism deteriorates like when MJ and Kobe started to post up more.

Kobe doesn't really have a post game which to me is one of the biggest fallacies out there. I have seen MJ back down guys and score at will but I have never seen Kobe do that. All Kobe will do is dribble his back towards the defender once and then do his ugly fade away shot and everybody will then scream that Kobe has post skills. Kobe doesn't have a post up game and never has; he is more of a glorified Allan Houston at this point of his career with his multiple pump fake moves. An example of a guard besides MJ that I thought had a great post up game is Gary Payton.

Dex
08-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Bosh needs all the help he can get.

I. Hustle
08-11-2011, 11:30 AM
It doesn't say this anywhere. He could spend the whole the summer there for all you know. Stop making idiotic assumptions...

:lol it was an exaggeration but I still stand by what I said. It's not like Lebron is new to the league. The problem is that he has always surrounded himself by people who tell him how great and awesome he is and not enough people to tell him to wake the hell up.
:lol @ spending the whole summer. He needs a lot more than that. Listen, I'm not saying that Lebron is horrible I am just saying that he lacks that drive to be the best. He can say it all he wants and do things like spend time with the Dream but one thing he can't pick up from HO, MJ, DW or even Kobe is heart. If Lebron had more of a desire to win and didn't just rely on nautral ability he would probably blow MJ out of the water. The problem is that he is more worried about endorsements, looking good, becoming a billionaire, etc.
Forget the post moves, the 3 point shot, the fade away j, if Lebron ever gets HEART that dude will be unstoppable.

Brazil
08-11-2011, 11:37 AM
wtf a basketball related thread in the nba forum ?

JoeTait75
08-11-2011, 12:11 PM

Except he's probably never going to have a consistent shot. I think he's always going to be a streak shooter. He needs to find some kind of consistent go-to move against elite defensive teams, but I don't think a jumper is going to be that move.

Besides, imagine how tough LeBron would be with a post game. Same size as Karl Malone with the speed and quickness of a guard? He'd be almost unstoppable down there.

Slim Charles
08-11-2011, 12:36 PM
:lmao Bitches hatin on Bron. One year! One fukkin year together and they went to the finals. Year two is going to be a bitch for the league whenever it starts up.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-11-2011, 01:08 PM
Besides, imagine how tough LeBron would be with a post game. Same size as Karl Malone with the speed and quickness of a guard? He'd be almost unstoppable down there.
I disagree, he doesn't look like a natural post player with his back to the basket. He looks awkward as fuck when he's backing people down. For all his natural talent, Lebron has some weird, minor weaknesses such as the fact he has absolutely no finesse shooting or finishing around the rim.

stretch
08-11-2011, 04:14 PM
I disagree, he doesn't look like a natural post player with his back to the basket. He looks awkward as fuck when he's backing people down. For all his natural talent, Lebron has some weird, minor weaknesses such as the fact he has absolutely no finesse shooting or finishing around the rim.

A post game isnt just about backing people down. You can have finesse moves in a post game, and I'm sure that is what he is trying to develop. It's more about using your size and positioning to get yourself an easier shot. If he would use his size to his advantage more, as opposed to his pure athletic ability, he would be far more efficient at scoring. And if he can develop some jumpshot touch... things just wont be fair.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Lebron looks just as awkward with finesse moves as he does backing people down. He has absolutely no finesse around the rim, and finesse is basically as much natural talent as it is skill.

LkrFan
08-11-2011, 04:42 PM
:lmao Bitches hatin on Bron. One year! One fukkin year together and they went to the finals. Year two is going to be a bitch for the league whenever it starts up.

They got there by beating a broken down geriatric Boston team to get there. If Boston is healthy this year, they will be watching the 2012 Finals, just like you and me. :downspin:

LkrFan
08-11-2011, 04:44 PM
:lol it was an exaggeration but i still stand by what i said. It's not like lebron is new to the league. The problem is that he has always surrounded himself by people who tell him how great and awesome he is and not enough people to tell him to wake the hell up.
:lol @ spending the whole summer. He needs a lot more than that. Listen, i'm not saying that lebron is horrible i am just saying that he lacks that drive to be the best. He can say it all he wants and do things like spend time with the dream but one thing he can't pick up from ho, mj, dw or even kobe is heart. If lebron had more of a desire to win and didn't just rely on nautral ability he would probably blow mj out of the water. The problem is that he is more worried about endorsements, looking good, becoming a billionaire, etc.
Forget the post moves, the 3 point shot, the fade away j, if lebron ever gets heart that dude will be unstoppable.

qft.

Killakobe81
08-16-2011, 10:04 AM
props to him for tying IMHO ...

Tough to mimic Olajawon though, Lebron's game is built off of speed and power ...Hakeem was sooo graceful. Duncan has had one of the best post games of any big since Hakeem and I doubt he could incorporate the Dream shake in his game. Olajawon was just a special player ...and I agree with Kool/MJ you have to take Hakeem in his prime over any big since Kareem ...tbh.