PDA

View Full Version : When will this guy finally retire?

symple19
08-09-2011, 02:17 PM
He's an embarrassment at this point. Sometimes being a man means knowing when to hang em' up.

JoePa, you're a legend, but it's time to go

Paterno injured at practice

http://pennstate.scout.com/2/1093463.html

DesignatedT
08-09-2011, 03:57 PM
How do penn state fans feel about this guy sticking around like this. I've always wondered that.

symple19
08-10-2011, 05:11 AM
How do penn state fans feel about this guy sticking around like this. I've always wondered that.

I think gaknowblee! is a Penn St guy, only one I know on this board.

Look, I get that the guy is a legend and all that, but to me, he's become a laughing stock. No way is he vigorous enough to handle all the duties that come with being a major college football coach. He's just a figurehead, while some other guys head up the program by committee.

Meanwhile, JoePa waddles around like a mobile prune. Pretty sure he doesn't even wear a headset on the sidelines. The guy does basically nothing on game days but watch the game. If I was an alum, i'd be embarrassed, and I would want him gone

However, once he does leave and they can get a real head coach, watch out. PSU really does have all the ingredients to be a major power on a yearly basis. Too bad the school is more interested in keeping a novelty husk in power instead of winning football games

coyotes_geek
08-10-2011, 12:22 PM

I know back when A&M and Penn State played in the Alamo Bowl the wife & I hung out with some of the Penn Staters. Couldn't find one of them who didn't think JoePa was a God.