PDA

View Full Version : Mayor Robinson?

cantthinkofanything
08-10-2011, 02:55 PM
I was born in SA but haven't lived there in years. So I don't know what (if any) particular problems the city has.

But could/would/should David Robinson run for mayor?
Would he get elected?
Would he be good for the city?

I don't know what his political acumen is or could be but I'd feel pretty good with the Admiral running things. At least you could be confident he would do what he believed was right.

coyotes_geek
08-10-2011, 03:01 PM
I don't think he has any interest in politics. I'm sure he views his work at the CA as being far more rewarding than being mayor could ever be.

Yes he'd get elected.

Yes he'd be good for the city.

Agloco
08-10-2011, 03:05 PM
As long as he can explain this:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/living_green_sa/article/A-green-lawn-at-any-price-1751809.php

He's good to go.

237,000 gallons in June and 175,000 in July? :wtf

cantthinkofanything
08-10-2011, 03:09 PM

http://www.mysanantonio.com/living_green_sa/article/A-green-lawn-at-any-price-1751809.php

He's good to go.

Yeah, I saw that. I guess that would be the one thing the opposition's smear campaign could latch on to.

"David Robinson, benevolent leader, or frivolous water user? Do you want this man spending your tax dollars?"

Then they cut to some edited video of Robinson celebrating while water is gushing from his lawn and running down the street.

SnakeBoy
08-10-2011, 03:11 PM

He's good to go.

"It's not only wasteful, it's embarrassing," said Robinson who, like Greehey, also made the 100 list during the 2009 drought. "Everyone in the city is trying to save water and here I am using 10 times what everyone else is."

Robinson, whose house on three acres in the Dominion now is for sale, said he has let his lawn go dormant but most likely his irrigation system is leaking again and he would have it fixed.

Problem solved.

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-10-2011, 03:11 PM
I expect he could get elected. His religious devotion is certainly no great secret, so I would be curious to see where that might intersect with or inform his political beliefs before I cast a ballot.

coyotes_geek
08-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Yeah, I saw that. I guess that would be the one thing the opposition's smear campaign could latch on to.

"David Robinson, benevolent leader, or frivolous water user? Do you want this man spending your tax dollars?"

Then they cut to some edited video of Robinson celebrating while water is gushing from his lawn and running down the street.

The counter from Robinson's camp:

"Hi, I'm David Robinson."

lefty
08-10-2011, 03:18 PM
Pop for mayor
Picks Bonner as his new D.A

Cuz he spreadzzz the floor

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Pop for mayor
Picks Bonner as his new D.A

Cuz he spreadzzz the floor

Actually any city in a cash crunch should give Bonner a call while the NBA's locked out. Polite, likeable, and the cheapest man alive. I can think of worse mayors to be had.

Spurminator
08-10-2011, 03:24 PM
He's too nice for politics. And I like that about him.

SnakeBoy
08-10-2011, 03:32 PM
He's too nice for politics. And I like that about him.

His campaign would be nothing but positive and he would always be respectful towards his opponents. Which would guarantee his victory.

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-10-2011, 03:43 PM
His campaign would be nothing but positive and he would always be respectful towards his opponents. Which would guarantee his victory.

And the Spurs fanbase is so used to defending David's reputation from the Charlie Rosens of the world that anyone who tried to make an attack ad might get run out of town.

Spurminator
08-10-2011, 03:45 PM

And his ultimate demise when he gets swindled because he trusts everyone too much.

Frenzy
08-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Oh yeah kindness is weakness we all know that right.

CosmicCowboy
08-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Naaa Robinson is too soft.

Agloco
08-10-2011, 04:29 PM

:lol

I was being a bit facetious....I do think Big Dave would win in a landslide.