PDA

View Full Version : Eagles, ex-Giants WR Steve Smith agree

TIMMYtoZO
08-10-2011, 06:27 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/6851465/philadelphia-eagles-former-new-york-giants-wr-steve-smith-agree

THIS IS BULLSHIT!

symple19
08-10-2011, 06:35 PM
lol giants

ginobili's bald spot
08-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Just finding more ways to bend over the Giants.

pawe
08-10-2011, 06:54 PM
Eagles shooting themselves in the foot.

Now every team they're gonna play against will try extra hard just because they are the dream team.

ginobili's bald spot
08-10-2011, 06:56 PM
Eagles shooting themselves in the foot.

Now every team they're gonna play against will try extra hard just because they are the dream team.

:lol I hope you are being sarcastic.

symple19
08-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Just finding more ways to bend over the Giants.

along with the rest of the league

ginobili's bald spot
08-10-2011, 07:03 PM
along with the rest of the league

Meh, you know how it is with injuries (especially the Eagles). Who knows what will happen. Besides you didn't hear? You don't want to try to acquire good players because you will anger other teams and make them try harder!!! Shooting yourself in the foot imo.

benefactor
08-10-2011, 07:08 PM
:lmao@ the overrated Eagles signing that old scrub Jenkins. Eagles trying to buy a superbowl= comedy. With Osi coming back to the Giants, all New York needs to do is retain their free agents and they are set. Again, Philly is the 2nd best team in the nfc east. It is sad how many people are overlooking New York.:rolleyes

IronMexican
08-10-2011, 07:12 PM
I hear he wont be healthy for a while. Be great for them if he can contribute in the second half of the season.

symple19
08-10-2011, 07:12 PM
Meh, you know how it is with injuries (especially the Eagles). Who knows what will happen. Besides you didn't hear? You don't want to try to acquire good players because you will anger other teams and make them try harder!!! Shooting yourself in the foot imo.

:lol

I don't hate the eagles, and I'm not mad they're acquiring all this talent. I hope the Niners GM Baalke is somewhere taking notes on how to run a team

And lo fucking l teams in the NFC east needing any more motivation than they already have to beat the eagles

Pawe, that was a retarded fucking statement. Would you want the Cardinals to pass up on talent if it could help the team just because that player was from their division????? gmafb

benefactor
08-10-2011, 07:13 PM
I hear he wont be healthy for a while. Be great for them if he can contribute in the second half of the season.
Yup. Microfracture surgery. He's gonna be pretty rusty, but it's probably worth the gamble if he can make in impact as they are headed down the stretch.

symple19
08-10-2011, 07:15 PM
Well, Jackson wants a new contract so maybe this is an insurance policy type signing

IronMexican
08-10-2011, 07:17 PM
Yup. Microfracture surgery. He's gonna be pretty rusty, but it's probably worth the gamble if he can make in impact as they are headed down the stretch.

It sounds smarter to me if they had just invested that money into Jackson. When I first heard the news, I thought it was for Panthers Steve Smith. That would have been a wrap.

pawe
08-10-2011, 07:19 PM
I agree, that was a retarded fucking statement...about me saying they are a dream team.

They have no LBs and the Cards will play them this year and they got heap and Housler as catching tight ends.

symple19
08-10-2011, 07:30 PM
I agree, that was a retarded fucking statement...about me saying they are a dream team.

There's a salary cap, you really can't build a yankees type dream team in the NFL

They have no LBs and the Cards will play them this year and they got heap and Housler as catching tight ends.

so what exactly are you saying here? That the tight end position gives the Cards an advantage over the Iggles? :lol

TIMMYtoZO
08-10-2011, 07:50 PM
I am over it now. It just sucked losing Smith (especially to the overrated Eagles) but the Giants are still pretty fucking loaded. They have an elite wr in Nicks, and a stud in Manningham plus a pretty damn good qb in Eli Manning to go with a sick 1-2 running back punch in Bradshaw and Jacobs. They also have an elite defense. The eagles have no linebackers and a shitty offensive line which are FATAL flaws. Giants are still better.

Spursfan092120
08-10-2011, 08:24 PM
I am over it now. It just sucked losing Smith (especially to the overrated Eagles) but the Giants are still pretty fucking loaded. They have an elite wr in Nicks, and a stud in Manningham plus a pretty damn good qb in Eli Manning to go with a sick 1-2 running back punch in Bradshaw and Jacobs. They also have an elite defense. The eagles have no linebackers and a shitty offensive line which are FATAL flaws. Giants are still better.

DaCowboysDaBest?

ALVAREZ6
08-10-2011, 08:32 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao Eagles

:danceclub

oh, and :lol @ Eagles losing to the Cardinals, like a Kevin Kolb Cardinals team would be any challenge for Philly even if they hadn't signed some of these studs this offseason.

ginobili's bald spot
08-10-2011, 09:34 PM
It sounds smarter to me if they had just invested that money into Jackson. When I first heard the news, I thought it was for Panthers Steve Smith. That would have been a wrap.

Jackson is in camp now so he is a non-issue. This is only a one year deal so it's low risk high reward. It's more insurance for Maclin if he doesn't recover from whatever mysterious illness he has. The team denies it has anything do do with Maclin but I don't believe it. I'm sure they figure as long as they can get one of those two guys healthy they will be fine. If they are both healthy then :king

LakerHater
08-10-2011, 11:25 PM
I actually see alot of risk for Smith on this signing... I already doubt he's going to be ready to play until around mid-season, and even then he isn't going to be in top form... By then he may be burried in the Eagles depth chart and not see any significant playing time this season... So what then?... If he doesn't produce, the Eagles aren't going to resign him (unless they're really desperate after DeSean bolts in FA) and he just burnt his bridge with the Giants... Sure it was a nice payday for this season, but things look really sketchy after that.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-11-2011, 10:47 AM
All those scoffing this are retarded, if healthy Steve Smith is a perfect fit for Philly since he's always played slot. With Maclin and DeSean on the outside drawing tons of attention from safeties, Smith is gonna have the middle of the field to beat man coverage with dos perfect routes he runs. Philly needed a possession receiver and Smith if healthy is that.

crc21209
08-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Good pickup in case Maclin does have a serious health problem.....

Spursfan092120
08-11-2011, 06:43 PM
All those scoffing this are retarded, if healthy Steve Smith is a perfect fit for Philly since he's always played slot.

True....but at the same time...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l9bt1uvbhA1qakvp6o1_500.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-11-2011, 07:55 PM
I get what you're saying but some saying he can't co-exist with Jackson and Maclin or he won't be much of an addition with those two already there are dumb. Steve Smith thrives off playing in the slot with better receivers outside.

Vici
08-11-2011, 08:17 PM
Smith is a damn good player but he isn't better than Nicks and is on par with Manningham. The biggest different in Smith between the other two is he is constantly injured. When healthy he is a damn good security slot receiver but lately that has been a big if. It really sucks seeing him go to the Eagles. If it had been any team outside of the division I think most Giants fans wouldn't be upset but the fact that he went to our biggest rival right now stings.

It sucks but it finally makes room for Victor Cruz who has been dominating every practice.

symple19
08-11-2011, 09:33 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/6853643/new-york-giants-no-chance-counter-offer-steve-smith

lol giants

spursreport
08-11-2011, 10:59 PM
Smith is a damn good player but he isn't better than Nicks and is on par with Manningham. The biggest different in Smith between the other two is he is constantly injured. When healthy he is a damn good security slot receiver but lately that has been a big if. It really sucks seeing him go to the Eagles. If it had been any team outside of the division I think most Giants fans wouldn't be upset but the fact that he went to our biggest rival right now stings.

It sucks but it finally makes room for Victor Cruz who has been dominating every practice.
:lmao:lmao
Nice to see you around you dumbass Giants fan. Gonna keep ranting about how your team is winning it all again? Take away the magical 2007-2008 season, and the Couglin era in NY is pathetic.

Fabbs
08-12-2011, 09:47 AM
Steve Smith, the guy who made MonoSlob fill up his Depends. :lol