PDA

View Full Version : NY to LA in 12 min?

I. Hustle
08-11-2011, 08:24 AM
http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/11/new-york-to-la-in-less-than-12-minutes/?hpt=hp_c2

So does this mean that the "aliens" that we have been seeing for the past 30 years might just be us from the future? Think about it...

think about it.

lefty
08-11-2011, 08:32 AM
Well, we know which country is to blame if there is a WW3

mrsmaalox
08-11-2011, 09:49 AM
Wait, what??? We've been seeing aliens for 30 years?? Where the hell have I been? :dizzy

I. Hustle
08-11-2011, 09:55 AM
Wait, what??? We've been seeing aliens for 30 years?? Where the hell have I been? :dizzy

A lot longer than that. Is this thing the beginning of actual time travel? I think it is. I think that it will eventually reach speeds that break through time as we know it. That being said it has already been used...

in the future.

Viva Las Espuelas
08-11-2011, 10:13 AM
You should check out Transcendant Man.

CubanMustGo
08-11-2011, 10:36 AM
A lot longer than that. Is this thing the beginning of actual time travel? I think it is. I think that it will eventually reach speeds that break through time as we know it.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/347250/NotSureIfSerious.jpg

This thing's speed is throttled by the fact it has to go through the atmosphere. Spacecraft leaving earth orbit go much faster (escape velocity - 25,000 mph). The spacecraft that used Jupiter as a slingshot (was it Voyager) had to go over 130,000 mph to escape Jupiter's gravity well.

You could go 130,000 miles per second (3600 times faster) and time travel still wouldn't be a possibility. Time *dilation* for any imaginary passengers might start to kick in, but that's not time travel.

cantthinkofanything
08-11-2011, 03:59 PM
bump for the comedy value

4>0rings
08-11-2011, 04:02 PM
I thought we had anti-gravity UFO's, why are we messing around with kids toys still.

I. Hustle
08-11-2011, 04:09 PM
bump for the comedy value

Why is it comedic? We are getting there. This one didn't work but the next one will be tougher, stronger, faster and better.

cantthinkofanything
08-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Why is it comedic? We are getting there. This one didn't work but the next one will be tougher, stronger, faster and better.

They accidentally left the instructions in the plane.

ChumpDumper
08-11-2011, 04:32 PM
If they get there, wouldn't they just go back to the past at some point and tell us how to do it sooner?

I. Hustle
08-11-2011, 04:34 PM
If they are getting there, wouldn't they just go back to the past at some point and tell us how to do it sooner?

They already did but the past hasn't caught up with the present yet because the future is still going on.

ChumpDumper
08-11-2011, 04:35 PM
They already did but the past hasn't caught up with the present yet because the future is still going on.But the past already passed the present because the future went back.

cantthinkofanything
08-11-2011, 04:36 PM
If they get there, wouldn't they just go back to the past at some point and tell us how to do it sooner?

But wouldn't they just not build it. Knowing that someone was going back even earlier to tell those people how to do it.

ChumpDumper
08-11-2011, 04:37 PM
But wouldn't they just not build it. Knowing that someone was going back even earlier to tell those people how to do it.How would they know? It's already been built.

cantthinkofanything
08-11-2011, 04:45 PM
How would they know? It's already been built.

Surely there would be someone that had time travled back that was just hanging out to enjoy that time period. They would have called up the builders and told them not to bother building it because later someone would go back and build it sooner.

ChumpDumper
08-11-2011, 04:57 PM
Surely there would be someone that had time travled back that was just hanging out to enjoy that time period. They would have called up the builders and told them not to bother building it because later someone would go back and build it sooner.Surely he would fall in love with some chick and win some money on sports betting or the lottery then forget about the time machine which would be found by a group of kids who will use it to solve mysteries. At some point they'll be captured by Hitler who will make a time machine of his own that will finally get him into art school.

cantthinkofanything
08-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Surely he would fall in love with some chick and win some money on sports betting or the lottery then forget about the time machine which would be found by a group of kids who will use it to solve mysteries.

that reminds me of a pretty good book called "Replay" by Ken Grimwood.
Not the part about the kids though.

ChumpDumper
08-11-2011, 05:01 PM
that reminds me of a pretty good book called "Replay" by Ken Grimwood.
Not the part about the kids though.Spielberg will never option it without kids. Tell him to get back to work.

DMC
08-11-2011, 05:49 PM
http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/11/new-york-to-la-in-less-than-12-minutes/?hpt=hp_c2

So does this mean that the "aliens" that we have been seeing for the past 30 years might just be us from the future? Think about it...

think about it.
Unless they found a way to convert themselves from mass to energy and back to mass, no.

Trainwreck2100
08-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Unless they found a way to convert themselves from mass to energy and back to mass, no.

that's not hard
e=mc^2

so they just had to
m=e/c^2

then go back to
e=mc^2

so they divided themselves by c squared and multiplied themselves by c squared when they got here