PDA

View Full Version : Calling A&M's Bluff

FoxPerez
08-11-2011, 11:36 AM
Originally posted at PlaymakerOnline.com (http://bit.ly/pQqPoj):

Rick Perry is making a lot of headlines across the country, particularly in Washington D.C. where his entry into the presidential race seems almost inevitable. Every one of his moves is being analyzed to see if and when he will announce his candidacy for President of the United States.

But yesterday, the focus on Perry shifted into the sports world. Granted, he’s always had his foot in the sports arena considering he is a former yell leader at Texas A&M and has hosted George Bush and George W. Bush at games, but yesterday was different. With the Texas Longhorns creating inner turmoil in the 10-team Big 12 with their moves using the Longhorn Network to create a bigger national presence, not to mention a bigger one in Texas where they already hold a significant recruiting advantage, rumors are starting up again that the Aggies may bolt the Big 12 for the SEC. When asked by the Dallas Morning-News about the possible move, Perry confirmed that the university is discussing the possibilities:

“I’ll be real honest with you. I just read about [Texas A&M moving to the SEC] the same time as y’all did. … As far as I know, conversations are being had. That’s frankly all I know. I just refer you to the university and the decision makers over there.”
-Rick Perry

I can somewhat understand the gripes that the Aggies have. Even though they’re the superior team in a lot of sports compared to the Horns right now, they feel like they’re getting the short end of the stick compared to their rivals in Austin. But here’s the reality: the University of Texas commands the attention of the whole state and every major market in it in a way that no other university does. Much of it has to do with it’s success like national titles, conference championships, big-name coaches, and superstar athletes that everyone wants to see before they go pro.

Compare that to what’s going on in College Station. The Texas A&M football team hasn’t won a bowl game since 2001. They haven’t appeared in a BCS game since 1998. The men’s basketball team has been to the Sweet 16 twice since 1980. They’ve had just two College World Series appearances as a member of the Big 12. The women’s basketball team won a national championship and that’s great. I took great pleasure in covering their rise to the top, but that’s not a money-maker for the school and doesn’t do much for it’s national recognition.

The Aggies have some sort of delusion of grandeur that it would be better for them to go to the SEC even though they got a favorable slice of revenue sharing in the latest deal to keep the Big 12 together. The Horns have an “unfair” recruiting advantage in Texas? How would the Aggies do recruiting in SEC country when they have to deal with LSU in Louisiana, Bama and Auburn in Alabama and all those schools in Florida? My guess is it would get really ugly before it ever got better in Aggieland. And while A&M probably wouldn’t have any problems selling football tickets bringing SEC teams to Kyle Field, what about all the other sports that will lose the rivalries and the enthusiasm for years before developing new ones in a new conference?

I’m willing to bet that the Longhorns and every other team in the Big 12 will call Texas A&M’s bluff on this one. Go ahead. See what happens if you leave the conference. We’ll pay off TCU’s penalty for leaving their conference and get them to join the Big 12 or we’ll bring in another school that would love a revenue share of what the rest of the conference brings in thanks to the new national exposure that Texas is getting with it’s new network.

I’ll believe it when I see it.

Sisk
08-11-2011, 12:20 PM
Well, you're wrong. You're willing to bet something that has been disproved just this last week when Tech gave the finger to espn. The deal that the SEC will get in the coming years will be more than the Big 12 could provide and it will have equal revenue sharing - something the sips are too arrogant to accept.

Did you do any research before you started angrily typing about "Aggie"?

Sisk
08-11-2011, 12:21 PM
LSU isn't a "new" rivalry for A&M, either.

This article is full of fail.

leemajors
08-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Well, you're wrong. You're willing to bet something that has been disproved just this last week when Tech gave the finger to espn. The deal that the SEC will get in the coming years will be more than the Big 12 could provide and it will have equal revenue sharing - something the sips are too arrogant to accept.

Did you do any research before you started angrily typing about "Aggie"?

I just don't understand why they came back for this year if it is such a big deal. Just to be passive aggressive about it?

Sisk
08-11-2011, 01:05 PM
I just don't understand why they came back for this year if it is such a big deal. Just to be passive aggressive about it?

Because the Big 12-2 offered money to save the conference. Now that the truth of the lhn is that they want to show HS games and multiple conference games on the lhn apparently it's too much.

We'll be gone soon. I'd prefer to wait until after this season, but if they announce it on August 22nd after the BOR meets, then so be it.

The Big 12-2 is as good as dead, and the blood is on the hands of espn/tu.

coyotes_geek
08-11-2011, 01:24 PM

Enough of the regents were satisfied to get an equal share of the B12 TV money with Texas & OU, so that and fears over the bad press of being the ones who (would have) killed the big 12 led them to stay. They knew the longhorn network was coming, but I think they underestimated how big a cash cow (pardon the pun) it would be. Now that the details are known, the sentiment has changed. JMO at least.........

ChumpDumper
08-11-2011, 01:24 PM
So aside from a few million a year and being spared the horror of associating with an institution that shows high school games on it's network, what's really in a move for the Aggies?

Pride?

coyotes_geek
08-11-2011, 01:31 PM
I’m willing to bet that the Longhorns and every other team in the Big 12 will call Texas A&M’s bluff on this one. Go ahead. See what happens if you leave the conference. We’ll pay off TCU’s penalty for leaving their conference and get them to join the Big 12 or we’ll bring in another school that would love a revenue share of what the rest of the conference brings in thanks to the new national exposure that Texas is getting with it’s new network.

I’ll believe it when I see it.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting to see if TCU would be interested in replacing A&M in the big 12. A lot easier to get to the BCS going through Miami and Syracuse than Oklahoma and Texas.

coyotes_geek
08-11-2011, 01:35 PM
So aside from a few million a year and being spared the horror of associating with an institution that shows high school games on it's network, what's really in a move for the Aggies?

Pride?

Pride is definitely a big part of it.

I think there's also a belief that if they go to the SEC they've got a better chance at being able to recruit with Texas. Texas would have their network to sell, A&M would be able to sell getting to play in the best football conference in America and the state of Texas at the same time.

Is that biting off more than they can chew? Entirely possible.

ThePop
08-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Originally posted at PlaymakerOnline.com (http://bit.ly/pQqPoj):

Compare that to what’s going on in College Station. The Texas A&M football team hasn’t won a bowl game since 2001. They haven’t appeared in a BCS game since 1998. The men’s basketball team has been to the Sweet 16 twice since 1980. They’ve had just two College World Series appearances as a member of the Big 12. The women’s basketball team won a national championship and that’s great. I took great pleasure in covering their rise to the top, but that’s not a money-maker for the school and doesn’t do much for it’s national recognition.

haha wow, that's sad.

Blake
08-11-2011, 01:39 PM

Pride?

pretty much.

what's stupid is that they will most likely win the conference this year.

what's even more ridiculously stupid is that if the ball bounces the right way here and there, they could actually be in the national title game.

They leave next year and they become the new Arkansas of the SEC.

Blake
08-11-2011, 01:40 PM
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting to see if TCU would be interested in replacing A&M in the big 12. A lot easier to get to the BCS going through Miami and Syracuse than Oklahoma and Texas.

me neither.

TCU has a good set up in the Big East.

coyotes_geek
08-11-2011, 01:52 PM
me neither.

TCU has a good set up in the Big East.

Yep. If A&M bolts I do think it's the end of the conference.

EDIT: I'll soften my stance on this. If A&M bolts, Texas will choose between A) going independent which kills the conference or B) finding a creampuff to replace A&M and keep the 10 team conference.

leemajors
08-11-2011, 02:22 PM
Because the Big 12-2 offered money to save the conference. Now that the truth of the lhn is that they want to show HS games and multiple conference games on the lhn apparently it's too much.

We'll be gone soon. I'd prefer to wait until after this season, but if they announce it on August 22nd after the BOR meets, then so be it.

The Big 12-2 is as good as dead, and the blood is on the hands of espn/tu.

a bit melodramatic.

DesignatedT
08-11-2011, 02:30 PM
TCU wouldn't even want to be in the Mack12. If I'm Tech or Oklahoma State then I'm hoping for A&M to bolt and then do everything possible to get into the PAC where the conference is run correctly, fairly and far away from the Longhorns who potentially destroy every conference they're in with their extreme arrogance and sense of entitlement.

Blake
08-11-2011, 02:38 PM
TCU wouldn't even want to be in the Mack12. If I'm Tech or Oklahoma State then I'm hoping for A&M to bolt and then do everything possible to get into the PAC where the conference is run correctly, fairly and far away from the Longhorns who potentially destroy every conference they're in with their extreme arrogance and sense of entitlement.

neh, I like Tech being in a small conference of 10 teams.....better chance to win it some day.

Also, with UT and OU in the conference, a run of the table most likely means a trip to the title game.

Sisk
08-11-2011, 02:55 PM
a bit melodramatic.

What's wrong with what I said?

Sisk
08-11-2011, 02:57 PM

Pride?

It differentiates us from texas. If they run HS games that's a massive recruiting advantage - we have to do something to separate ourselves from them. If we're in the same conference as a team that has their own network showing their HS games on TV, who would commit to A&M? Going to the SEC makes a difference.

Could be about ~$9 million more/year with the future SEC contract than what the b12 offered.

DesignatedT
08-11-2011, 03:00 PM
neh, I like Tech being in a small conference of 10 teams.....better chance to win it some day.

Also, with UT and OU in the conference, a run of the table most likely means a trip to the title game.

some people like being bent over and fucked in the ass, i get it.

Blake
08-11-2011, 03:01 PM
If we're in the same conference as a team that has their own network showing their HS games on TV, who would commit to A&M? Going to the SEC makes a difference.

why do you think going to the SEC would negate the recruiting advantage of the LHN?

pkbpkb81
08-11-2011, 03:02 PM
that's a bit strong.

Blake
08-11-2011, 03:02 PM
some people like being bent over and fucked in the ass, i get it.

who is getting fucked in the ass?

is the opportunity to get ass fucked on a weekly basis the reason why Aggie fan wants desperately to go the SEC?

DesignatedT
08-11-2011, 03:04 PM
why do you think going to the SEC would negate the recruiting advantage of the LHN?

It wouldn't, but it would increase our advantage and make it more of a level playing field.

Plus, this is only the beginning, if the longhorns get away with this and everyone bows down and gets on their knees for them then who knows what's next. They will do whatever they want with no regard to the conference and that isn't necessarily a team you want to partner yourself with.

DesignatedT
08-11-2011, 03:05 PM
who is getting fucked in the ass?

is the opportunity to get ass fucked on a weekly basis the reason why Aggie fan wants desperately to go the SEC?

This whole conference minus Texas is tbh.

pkbpkb81
08-11-2011, 03:10 PM
I love the fact that OU is preseason number 1 and no one is talking about them due to lhn and a&m to the sec

DesignatedT
08-11-2011, 03:11 PM
OU will get plenty of run once the season starts. IMO if they make it out of Tallahassee then I think they make it to the MNC.

coyotes_geek
08-11-2011, 03:11 PM

It wouldn't, but "want to play SEC football in the state of Texas" is still a better sell than "want to come play big12 football for someone other than the team with their own network".

Blake
08-11-2011, 03:13 PM
It wouldn't, but it would increase our advantage and make it more of a level playing field.

increase the advantage how?

Plus, this is only the beginning, if the longhorns get away with this and everyone bows down and gets on their knees for them then who knows what's next. They will do whatever they want with no regard to the conference and that isn't necessarily a team you want to partner yourself with.

the horns have already agreed not to show HS games for a year and I bet the NCAA makes a rule banning the broadcast of such games.

you don't know what's next, but you are ready to bolt to a conference where you will get gang fucked like never before.

I bet if A&M had started an Aggie network before UT, you wouldn't be bitching about the unfairness of it.

lol Aggie inferiority complex

leemajors
08-11-2011, 03:18 PM
What's wrong with what I said?

nothing wrong with it, but it is very melodramatic. i don't get the outrage.

Blake
08-11-2011, 03:18 PM
This whole conference minus Texas is tbh.

Texas got the conference a bunch of money last year and nobody bent over to get it.

Tech turned down the offer to get ass fucked for $5 mill earlier this week.

I'm not see the ass fucking myself. Please explain further.

DesignatedT
08-11-2011, 03:22 PM
increase the advantage how?

Do you really not know the answer to that?

the horns have already agreed not to show HS games for a year and I bet the NCAA makes a rule banning the broadcast of such games.

you don't know what's next, but you are ready to bolt to a conference where you will get gang fucked like never before.

I bet if A&M had started an Aggie network before UT, you wouldn't be bitching about the unfairness of it.

lol Aggie inferiority complex

:lol hypothetical arguments. "If A&M did this, If they did that"

Texas has every intention of showing HS games and conference games and the recently released contract between them and ESPN shows proof of this. You keep continuing to take Deloss Dodds and Texas' word for it and see where that gets you. Just wait until ESPN swoops down also and threatens conference teams that they won't show there games on ESPN unless they agree to play on the LHN.

shyne
08-11-2011, 03:22 PM
A&M knew what they were getting into when the LHN came about, they had the chance to jump to the SEC and they stayed. The people running A&M are dumbasses period, they should know that if Texas is able to get their own network no telling what else they had up their sleeve.

Now they are being little pussies about it. If they go to the SEC they are going to get fucked every saturday, and might win 5 games every year. Then they will wish they stayed when recruits wont even take their calls because they are an average team with no chance at anything other than the Music City Bowl.

Blake
08-11-2011, 03:23 PM
It wouldn't, but "want to play SEC football in the state of Texas" is still a better sell than "want to come play big12 football for someone other than the team with their own network".

that type of sell would make an unnoticeable difference in recruiting, imo.

DesignatedT
08-11-2011, 03:30 PM
and even if the NCAA rules against high school games on Aug 22
(which isn't the only issue her) you can bet that espn will try and put something in a future contract with the NCAA to give them the rights to HS sports on ALL their family of networks and continue to work around it.

It also wouldn't change much, this has always been about the spirit of the relationship between Texas and the rest of the conference and if High school games are absent from the LHN it won't be because they have decided it isn't what's best for the conference. They will be absent because they have been told they can't air them. Big difference.

Blake
08-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Do you really not know the answer to that?

My answer is "no advantage, recruiting playing field stays the same whether Ags stay or go"

:lol hypothetical arguments. "If A&M did this, If they did that"

It's just my opinion. that's why I started with "I bet".

You haven't said "no, we would still want fairness", so my opinion stands.

Texas has every intention of showing HS games and conference games and the recently released contract between them and ESPN shows proof of this.

How many HS games and conference games will be shown on the LHN this year?

An exact number please.

You keep continuing to take Deloss Dodds and Texas' word for it and see where that gets you. Just wait until ESPN swoops down also and threatens conference teams that they won't show there games on ESPN unless they agree to play on the LHN.

I think Tech is in a tough spot, stay or go.

If Tech leaves for the Pac 16 and wants to play UT, guess what ESPN will probably say?

"We don't have room on ABC or ESPN, but we'd like you to play UT on the LHN. Here's $5 million."

Sisk
08-11-2011, 03:32 PM
nothing wrong with it, but it is very melodramatic. i don't get the outrage.

You don't understand why A&M is not happy with everything going on? I have a hard time believing that.

Blake, there have been 2 big recruits in Texas that just did or are about to commit to SEC schools citing specifically they wanted to play in the SEC. It would make a difference.

Shyne, the aggressiveness of the lhn has increased dramatically this year and their intentions of doing anything they can to get what they want are clear now. I'm sure you'd have been glad to get a call from the "Music City Bowl" last year, wouldn't you? And nice choice of 5 wins - sounds like the number of wins from a big texas school last year, and it wasn't A&M.

Kermit
08-11-2011, 03:35 PM
you can bet that espn will try and put something in a future contract with the NCAA to give them the rights to HS sports on ALL their family of networks and continue to work around it.

So?

It also wouldn't change much, this has always been about the spirit of the relationship between Texas and the rest of the conference and if High school games are absent from the LHN it won't be because they have decided it isn't what's best for the conference. They will be absent because they have been told they can't air them. Big difference.

So? Was A&M doing what was best for the conference when they gobbled up Nebraska's and Colorado's penalty money? Or did you guys just need the money because you're broke? How would you pay the penalty if you left?

Such a fascinating case of butthurt.

DesignatedT
08-11-2011, 03:36 PM
If Tech leaves for the Pac 16 and wants to play UT, guess what ESPN will probably say?

"We don't have room on ABC or ESPN, but we'd like you to play UT on the LHN. Here's $5 million."

What's stopping ESPN from saying that right now while you are still apart of the big12.

Sisk
08-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Blake, no HS games will be played this year as the NCAA ruled against that today. As far as a conference game that will just depend on a team agreeing to it or not.

What you're not realizing is - this isn't a 1 year deal. Just because these things might not happen this year doesn't mean they will not happen 5 years from now. You think that espn would be content with playing rice v. tu every year and showing their baseball and volleyball games 24/7? They made this network to make money, not for fun. In order to make money, they need to show things that people in texas care about and will watch. Football is their money maker.

Kermit
08-11-2011, 03:37 PM
You don't understand why A&M is not happy with everything going on? I have a hard time believing that.

Massive inferiority complex?

By the way, since the NCAA ruled that high school games cannot be played on any conference or school network, does the butthurt continue?

Blake
08-11-2011, 03:38 PM
and even if the NCAA rules against high school games on Aug 22
(which isn't the only issue her) you can bet that espn will try and put something in a future contract with the NCAA to give them the rights to HS sports on ALL their family of networks and continue to work around it.

if HS games aren't broadcast, then who gives a fuck as to why they aren't?

If you want to leave because UT had "every intention" of showing HS games and they are jerks, then you are the one that's asking for a huge SEC cock to be shoved so far up that Aggie ass that Reveille spits sauce out after every LSU, Bama, Florida, Arkie, Auburn etc touchdown.

Sisk
08-11-2011, 03:39 PM
So?

The lhn is apart of espn's family of networks.

HTH

coyotes_geek
that type of sell would make an unnoticeable difference in recruiting, imo.

Might not make much difference to a kid who's choosing between Texas and A&M. But I think it stands a pretty good chance of ciphering off some of the kids who are leaving the state to go play SEC football.

Kermit
The lhn is apart of espn's family of networks.

HTH

So?

Sisk
Massive inferiority complex?

By the way, since the NCAA ruled that high school games cannot be played on any conference or school network, does the butthurt continue?

Classic t-shirter.

Why are you so offended that we're leaving? It's clear that it's bothering you. This was about more than HS games, but I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

DMX7
08-11-2011, 03:40 PM
I love the fact that OU is preseason number 1 and no one is talking about them due to lhn and a&m to the sec

No one gives a shit about OU.

Blake
08-11-2011, 03:41 PM

Blake, there have been 2 big recruits in Texas that just did or are about to commit to SEC schools citing specifically they wanted to play in the SEC. It would make a difference.

How many big recruits have cited that they want to play in the Big 12?

Sisk
08-11-2011, 03:41 PM
So?

So that would be a massive recruiting advantage for 1 school in the b12.

Kermit
08-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Classic t-shirter.

Why are you so offended that we're leaving? It's clear that it's bothering you. This was about more than HS games, but I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

Oh, I'm not. I want you to go. I find the butthurt and outright faggotry fascinating.

Go on.

And everyone knows that this is about the size of Aggy's penis as compared to Texas'. But go on. Squeeze.

Sisk
08-11-2011, 03:42 PM
No one gives a shit about OU.

What a retarded post. Coming from the guy who made a "Fuck Tim Duncan" thread.

Blake, I don't know. But in about a year or two, no one will be able to play in the conference.

Kermit
08-11-2011, 03:43 PM
So that would be a massive recruiting advantage for 1 school in the b12.

So?

It's not happening, but so?

Blake
What's stopping ESPN from saying that right now while you are still apart of the big12.

They did say that right now.

Sisk
Go on.

:lol

We will.

Sisk
08-11-2011, 03:45 PM
So?

It's not happening, but so?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61FGXJ8V75L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

DesignatedT
08-11-2011, 03:45 PM
They did say that right now.

That's a problem.

shyne
08-11-2011, 03:46 PM
How many big recruits have cited that they want to play in the Big 12?

All I know is Dalton Santos, and hes good but not that good.

Kermit
08-11-2011, 03:46 PM

So high school games on the LHN are happening?

DesignatedT
08-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Also, the fact that the LHN contract prevents Texas from being in any future BIG12 network is an even bigger deal. You can pretty much put to rest any idea of a conference network and it severally inhibits the conference TV deal potential.

Just another case of the Longhorns not giving a shit about this conference or anyone in it. The fact that they announced they wouldn't show HS games on their network 1 day before the NCAA ruled against it is laughable also :lmao. What perfect timing.

shyne
08-11-2011, 03:49 PM
The bottom line is A&M is trying to be hard and show they have big balls to stand up to Texas. The end result for aggies is maybe six wins a year and they will become irrelevent in college football.

Sisk
08-11-2011, 03:51 PM
So high school games on the LHN are happening?

You really don't like to think for yourself, do you? The contract that espn has is for 20 years. Just because they aren't doing HS games their first year doesn't mean they wont ever.

Kermit
08-11-2011, 03:51 PM
Also, the fact that the LHN contract prevents Texas from being in any future BIG12 network is an even bigger deal. You can pretty much put to rest any idea of a conference network and it severally inhibits the conference TV deal potential.

Bullshit. No one is stopping the rest of the Big 12 from coming together and forming a network. Hell, OU has been exploring their own for as long a UT has. What's stopping Aggy?

Sisk
08-11-2011, 03:52 PM
The bottom line is A&M is trying to be hard and show they have big balls to stand up to Texas. The end result for aggies is maybe six wins a year and they will become irrelevent in college football.

I can tell you one thing that's for sure - A&M is going to whoop tu's ass in College Station this year.

Sisk
08-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Bullshit. No one is stopping the rest of the Big 12 from coming together and forming a network. Hell, OU has been exploring their own for as long a UT has. What's stopping Aggy?

You should do some reading about the contract that espn has with texas. It's clear you don't know anything about it. I wonder what school you'll root for if texas has another down year.

DesignatedT
08-11-2011, 03:54 PM
Hell, OU has been exploring their own for as long a UT has. What's stopping Aggy?

I said CONFERENCE NETWORK. Not another institutional network. The fact that UT would not take any part in one just shows how dedicated they are to the conference, doesn't it?

Kermit
08-11-2011, 03:55 PM
You really don't like to think for yourself, do you? The contract that espn has is for 20 years. Just because they aren't doing HS games their first year doesn't mean they wont ever.

The NCAA said today that they won't be. Has this not sunk in for you yet? If in twenty years the bylaws change, then everyone will televise high school games, not just Texas. But AS IT STANDS RIGHT NOW AND FOR THE FORSEEABLE FUTURE THERE WILL BE NO HIGH SCHOOL GAMES ON THE LHN NETWORK. You can put down your sheep.

DesignatedT
08-11-2011, 03:55 PM
I can tell you one thing that's for sure - A&M is going to whoop tu's ass in College Station this year.

that's a fact.

Kermit
08-11-2011, 03:56 PM
You should do some reading about the contract that espn has with texas. It's clear you don't know anything about it. I wonder what school you'll root for if texas has another down year.

The school I went to.

Which part of the contract has you the most butthurt? Is it the high school games? No? Which part? I'm curious?

DesignatedT
08-11-2011, 03:56 PM
The NCAA said today that they won't be. Has this not sunk in for you yet? If in twenty years the bylaws change, then everyone will televise high school games, not just Texas. But AS IT STANDS RIGHT NOW AND FOR THE FORSEEABLE FUTURE THERE WILL BE NO HIGH SCHOOL GAMES ON THE LHN NETWORK. You can put down your sheep.

Get this through your head........... That isn't the only reason for the animosity between A&M and the LHN.

Sisk
08-11-2011, 03:58 PM

In 20 years, the contract would be over. I thought you weren't mad... Lol caps lock. The rule on the HS games could change next year for all we know - I don't want to be in the same conference as a school showing HS games on their own network and they will continually try to air them.

You didn't answer me as to which school you'd root for if texas has another down year... Maybe Alabama? OU? Florida?

Kermit
08-11-2011, 03:59 PM
I said CONFERENCE NETWORK. Not another institutional network. The fact that UT would not take any part in one just shows how dedicated they are to the conference, doesn't it?

So, saving the conference and netting your school (at least I think it's your school) $20 million wasn't enough? Now Texas has to prop up everyone else? By the way, Aggy dedication consists of running to the SEC. Are you going to give the little eight back their money?

Kermit
08-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Get this through your head........... That isn't the only reason for the animosity between A&M and the LHN.

So, please tell me the other butthurt that you're so butthurt about.

Sisk
08-11-2011, 04:00 PM
The school I went to.

Which part of the contract has you the most butthurt? Is it the high school games? No? Which part? I'm curious?

You're clearly the one that's upset about this whole conversation. You're like the girlfriend that breaks up with her boyfriend and then when he's walking out the door you cry out his name, begging him to stay.

shyne
08-11-2011, 04:01 PM
When is the last time A&M has been to a BCS Bowl? You guys sure talk alot of shit for never winning shit.

Kermit
In 20 years, the contract would be over. I thought you weren't mad... Lol caps lock. The rule on the HS games could change next year for all we know - I don't want to be in the same conference as a school showing HS games on their own network and they will continually try to air them.

You didn't answer me as to which school you'd root for if texas has another down year... Maybe Alabama? OU? Florida?

I wanted to make sure it stood out. Wait, what happens when the SEC network shows high school games? Where will you go?

The school I went to. You went to Blinn, right? Does that make you a t-shirt fan?

Sisk
Kermit, you're the epitome of a delusional, self-righteous, and arrogant sip.

Take the blinders off, there's a world outside of tu.

Sisk
08-11-2011, 04:03 PM
I wanted to make sure it stood out. Wait, what happens when the SEC network shows high school games? Where will you go?

The school I went to. You went to Blinn, right? Does that make you a t-shirt fan?

If the SEC shows high school games there is no issue, as it's not connected to a specific school like the lhn is. Are you following?

I'm studying at Texas A&M. HTH.

Sisk
08-11-2011, 04:04 PM
When is the last time A&M has been to a BCS Bowl? You guys sure talk alot of shit for never winning shit.

3RS7IAXuQWU

Do you have a short memory, or are you just stupid?

Kermit
08-11-2011, 04:05 PM

You're clearly the one that's upset about this whole conversation. You're like the girlfriend that breaks up with her boyfriend and then when he's walking out the door you cry out his name, begging him to stay.

No one's upset. I'm basically begging you to go while deriding you out the door. But read into what you want.

What are you guys going to do with the jizz jar? Does it now go towards beating LSU? What about the nut squeeze? All these traditions aimed at Texas, what are you guys going to do for an identity?

Oh, and you guys still haven't covered what else in the contract has you all hot and bothered.

shyne
08-11-2011, 04:08 PM
3RS7IAXuQWU

Do you have a short memory, or are you just stupid?

I said BCS bowl game bitch, are you stupid?

Kermit
If the SEC shows high school games there is no issue, as it's not connected to a specific school like the lhn is. Are you following?

So, it's okay for the conference network to show recruits. Isn't that still a recruiting advantage?

I'm sure you are.

Sisk
13-0

Hope you understand the reference. Although, I'm not optimistic that you will.

Blake
08-11-2011, 04:09 PM
Blake, no HS games will be played this year as the NCAA ruled against that today.

thanks for the info

What you're not realizing is - this isn't a 1 year deal. Just because these things might not happen this year doesn't mean they will not happen 5 years from now.

does it mean they will?

if you are talking 5 years from now, what's your rush to leave today?

You think that espn would be content with playing rice v. tu every year and showing their baseball and volleyball games 24/7? They made this network to make money, not for fun. In order to make money, they need to show things that people in texas care about and will watch. Football is their money maker.

What does this comment have to do with A&M?

Has A&M been asked to broadcast their matchup on the LHN?

Blake
08-11-2011, 04:11 PM
That's a problem.

Tech told ESPN and the LHN to fuck off.

Problem was solved.

Kermit
08-11-2011, 04:11 PM
13-0

Hope you understand the reference. Although, I'm not optimistic that you will.

Oh, oh, I know. What is, the years since Aggy has last been in a major bowl?

edit: Wow. It actually has been 13 years since Aggy has been in a BCS bowl.

Sisk
08-11-2011, 04:12 PM
I said BCS bowl game bitch, are you stupid?

Yeah, I guess beating yall last year doesn't mean shit. Who didn't?

You're right, it's no big secret that Aggie football hasn't done well in the last decade. The BCS has been around since 98 and we haven't done much since. Time for a change, and that change is the SEC.

Sisk
08-11-2011, 04:14 PM
thanks for the info

does it mean they will?

if you are talking 5 years from now, what's your rush to leave today?

What does this comment have to do with A&M?

Has A&M been asked to broadcast their matchup on the LHN?

My third quote has to do with the second. The fact that they will do anything to add more football in any way shape or form for more $.

Kermit, wrong. Guess again.

Blake
08-11-2011, 04:16 PM

lmao how it's not an issue if A&M is involved

explain how that's not an unfair advantage over the smaller conferences that don't have a network.

shyne
08-11-2011, 04:17 PM
Yeah, I guess beating yall last year doesn't mean shit. Who didn't?

You're right, it's no big secret that Aggie football hasn't done well in the last decade. The BCS has been around since 98 and we haven't done much since. Time for a change, and that change is the SEC.

So your saying A&M hasnt done shit in the last decade, but your talking shit when we have one bad year?

pkbpkb81
08-11-2011, 04:18 PM
OU will get plenty of run once the season starts. IMO if they make it out of Tallahassee then I think they make it to the MNC.

Oh I know I just like that the Sooners feel under the radar for a bit

Kermit
08-11-2011, 04:18 PM
Texas' record in 2005.

Blake
08-11-2011, 04:19 PM
My third quote has to do with the second. The fact that they will do anything to add more football in any way shape or form for more $.

o noes!

hurry and leave before UT schedules a game with SMU on the LHN!

Sisk
08-11-2011, 04:21 PM
Texas' record in 2005.

So, no guesses on 13-0?

I'll give you a hint: we made you change the name for your mascot.

Sisk
08-11-2011, 04:23 PM
o noes!

hurry and leave before UT schedules a game with SMU on the LHN!

Kermit
08-11-2011, 04:24 PM
So, no guesses on 13-0?

:lmao

Holy shit.

:lmao:lmao

This has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation.

Now tell me, why do you guys jizz in a jar?

Sisk
08-11-2011, 04:31 PM

Holy shit.

:lmao:lmao

This has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation.

You brought up traditions on the 3rd page of this thread. I guess you forgot.

Now tell me, why do you guys jizz in a jar?

Why don't you jizz in a jar?

I wouldn't expect anyone that "went" to that school in austin to understand tradition.

Kermit
08-11-2011, 04:39 PM
So, a jar and sheep. Two Aggy jizzing traditions. I take it back. I am going to miss you retarded animal lovers.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/thujone/off36.jpg

Blake
08-11-2011, 04:46 PM
So, no guesses on 13-0?

you're headed for a huge fail, imo

ChumpDumper
08-11-2011, 05:03 PM
It differentiates us from texas. If they run HS games that's a massive recruiting advantage - we have to do something to separate ourselves from them. If we're in the same conference as a team that has their own network showing their HS games on TV, who would commit to A&M? Going to the SEC makes a difference.

Could be about ~$9 million more/year with the future SEC contract than what the b12 offered.So, pretty much pride.

DesignatedT
08-11-2011, 05:04 PM
So, pretty much pride.

fairness. Them having their own network isn't fair for the rest of the teams and causes a recruiting advantage. Mike Sherman, Bob Stoops. and Gary Pinkel have all addressed this. It's not just A&M fans.

Blake
08-11-2011, 05:06 PM
fairness.

I guess Aggies want to get ass fucked on the regular.

Fair enough.

Kermit
08-11-2011, 05:08 PM
fairness. Them having their own network isn't fair for the rest of the teams and causes a recruiting advantage. Mike Sherman, Bob Stoops. and Gary Pinkel have all addressed this. It's not just A&M fans.

WTF? Those coaches were addressing high school football on the LHN. Not the network itself. Nobody is that butthurt about if except for...well, you know who you are.

DesignatedT
08-11-2011, 05:09 PM
I guess Aggies want to get ass fucked on the regular.

Fair enough.

lol tech

DMX7
08-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Aggies want a paycheck. Their atheltic department is bankrupt whereas Texas' actually gives money back to the school.

Sisk
08-11-2011, 05:11 PM
So, pretty much pride.

$9 million, too. But yeah, good call.

Beep beep.

ChumpDumper
08-11-2011, 05:14 PM
fairness. Them having their own network isn't fair for the rest of the teams and causes a recruiting advantage. Mike Sherman, Bob Stoops. and Gary Pinkel have all addressed this. It's not just A&M fans.Eh, Aggies become socialists when it comes to football.

I shouldn't be surprised.

Blake
08-11-2011, 05:27 PM
lol tech

lol asking to get ass fucked

lol Tech made sure the horns knew that no means no

DesignatedT
08-11-2011, 05:33 PM
lol asking to get ass fucked

lol Tech made sure the horns knew that no means no

:lmao you go ahead and stay put (since it's your only play anyway). Well go our own way and join the best conference in the nation. Fine with me.

You guys will be playing on the LHN in no time.

shyne
08-11-2011, 05:38 PM
:lmao you go ahead and stay put (since it's your only play anyway). Well go our own way and join the best conference in the nation. Fine with me.

Well if your ok with being one of the worst teams in the best conference in the nation thats cool:toast

Sisk
08-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Well if your ok with being one of the worst teams in the best conference in the nation thats cool:toast

Are you related to Kermit?

DesignatedT
08-11-2011, 05:49 PM

We'll have to wait and see about that. I'll tell you one thing though, I'm going to love playing teams like LSU, Florida, Alabama and Auburn as a college football fan. Every game is big and every game means something, that's what makes it fun. Not playing teams like Iowa State and Kansas.

leemajors
08-11-2011, 05:54 PM

Shyne, the aggressiveness of the lhn has increased dramatically this year and their intentions of doing anything they can to get what they want are clear now. I'm sure you'd have been glad to get a call from the "Music City Bowl" last year, wouldn't you? And nice choice of 5 wins - sounds like the number of wins from a big texas school last year, and it wasn't A&M.

everything is moving towards conference consolidation, it is inevitable some conferences would break apart. this one just happened to be first. outrage is a fairly short term view.

shyne
08-11-2011, 05:55 PM
Speaking of stupid god help us all if aggie Rick Perry gets elected president.

ChumpDumper
08-11-2011, 06:00 PM
everything is moving towards conference consolidation, it is inevitable some conferences would break apart. this one just happened to be first. outrage is a fairly short term view.Right, the only reason UT stayed was because it got everything it wanted.

Why did A&M stay?

symple19
08-11-2011, 06:08 PM
High quality entertainment going on here. Nothing better than watching two schools that hate each other go at it

If A&M goes to the SEC, do they keep UT on the schedule as their rivalry game?

DMX7
08-11-2011, 06:10 PM
High quality entertainment going on here. Nothing better than watching two schools that hate each other go at it

UT has pretty much taken the stance that if A&M leaves, that'll be the end of any series in football (...or so I've heard through the grapevines).

Sisk
08-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Right, the only reason UT stayed was because it got everything it wanted.

Why did A&M stay?

Expect an announcement in about 11 days.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with it being a potential OOC game. Personally, I don't care what happens to it.

symple19
08-11-2011, 06:18 PM
That would be a shame, if anything, a split (from the big12-2) would only serve to intensify the rivalry

Also, it wouldn't be unprecedented within the SEC. USCe plays Clemson every year and UF plays FSU

dirk4mvp
08-11-2011, 06:19 PM
:lol aggie vs longhorn is awesome on ST

I wonder who joins the SEC in the east if Aggie comes over. I'd love to have FSU, Va Tech would be ok.

lol Clemson

Kermit
08-11-2011, 06:19 PM

A&M might not have a choice if their schedule is full, although I'm sure the SEC will accommodate the rivalry. There is no way in hell that they do not play each other in football. It's funny to think about but Texas will need that game if they go independent and Aggy needs it for their relevance.

symple19
08-11-2011, 06:22 PM

I wonder who joins the SEC in the east if Aggie comes over. I'd love to have FSU, Va Tech would be ok.

lol Clemson

Va Tech would be ideal.

FSU would be good too, but that wouldn't open up a new TV market like bringing in the hokies would.

Sisk
08-11-2011, 06:23 PM
That would be a shame, if anything, a split (from the big12-2) would only serve to intensify the rivalry

Also, it wouldn't be unprecedented within the SEC. USCe plays Clemson every year and UF plays FSU

We'll see what happens. I'd be shocked if it didn't happen, but that will be figured out at a much later date.

lol Clemson

Everyone seems to be pointing towards Virginia Tech. Seems like Florida really doesn't want Miami/FSU/any other Florida school.

Aggy needs it for their relevance.

Yeah, joining the best football conference in the nation does nothing for relevance.

Are you ready to get skull fucked this year in College Station?

dirk4mvp
08-11-2011, 06:25 PM
agree. also recruiting from Texas all the way to Virginia would be pretty tight.

symple19
08-11-2011, 06:25 PM
It would also be great for UT to keep the game in terms of SOS (if Aggie is in the SEC), especially if they do end up independent

Great rivalries are one of the things that make CFB so awesome, I'd hate to see this one ended

Spursfan092120
08-11-2011, 06:27 PM
Facebook post..

Ticket 760
And the Aggies are gone.... They are off to the SEC...
12 minutes ago

hmmm

dirk4mvp
08-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Everyone seems to be pointing towards Virginia Tech. Seems like Florida really doesn't want Miami/FSU/any other Florida school.

I'd like FSU more simply because it opens up Florida more for everybody else and the Noles would start taking away big time recruits from the Florida Jean Shorts.

Sisk
08-11-2011, 06:36 PM
I'd like FSU more simply because it opens up Florida more for everybody else and the Noles would start taking away big time recruits from the Florida Jean Shorts.

I like FSU a lot. They are a cultural fit and their program is on a rise back to where they use to be. However, the chatter I've heard is that Florida would get other schools to essentially block FSU.

It'll be interesting to see how they sort all of this out, but it's all but a done deal. Like I said, expect it to be official on or before the 22nd - that's the latest word on all of this.

The reason it's the 22nd is that's the BOR meeting. Conference realignment is on the agenda.

symple19
08-11-2011, 06:40 PM
So many interesting scenarios

If A&M leaves it's going to create a domino effect

TT to the Pac-12 makes a lot of sense (thus opening Texas recruiting grounds a bit more to that conference)

Mizzou to the big whatever

What about OU? Geographically they're stuck in the middle of everything, but would be attractive regardless which conference comes calling

What about Kansas? In basketball they're a huge deal, and a money-making one at that

Okie St?

Fuck, I just don't see any way we don't end up with four conferences of 14 schools in the not so distant future

Also, this may backfire to some degree for UT, if not in money then possibly in terms of recruiting, with 2 new conferences represented in the state of Texas (yes, I know, UT will still probably get the best kids, but some 4* kids who aren't quite blue chippers may very well go elsewhere, thus eroding the over-all talent level in Austin)

ChumpDumper
08-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Expect an announcement in about 11 days.You didn't answer the question.

Why did A&M stay in the first place?

DesignatedT
08-11-2011, 06:43 PM
You didn't answer the question.

Why did A&M stay in the first place?

They're asking themselves that same question, but they are gone now.

Blake
08-11-2011, 06:45 PM

maybe, maybe not.

reports are that Beebe has put out an invite to another Texas team already.....

my guess is UH

TT to the Pac-12 makes a lot of sense (thus opening Texas recruiting grounds a bit more to that conference)

also opens up the Texas media market, primarily in the DFW area.

DesignatedT
i dgaf who goes in with us. Just let us in and out of this joke of a conference.

Spursfan092120

Mizzou to the big whatever

What about OU? Geographically they're stuck in the middle of everything, but would be attractive regardless which conference comes calling

What about Kansas? In basketball they're a huge deal, and a money-making one at that

Okie St?

Fuck, I just don't see any way we don't end up with four conferences of 14 schools in the not so distant future

Also, this may backfire to some degree for UT, if not in money then possibly in terms of recruiting, with 2 new conferences represented in the state of Texas (yes, I know, UT will still probably get the best kids, but some 4* kids who aren't quite blue chippers may very well go elsewhere, thus eroding the over-all talent level in Austin)

This Super Conference thing is happening a LOT faster than I or probably anyone else expected. I heard the Big 10 was going to try to get UT and A&M with hopes it would bring Notre Dame in as well. A&M is gone, but they'll probably still try to snag UT trying to bring in the Irish. I see UT going Independent though, in the end.

Spursfan092120
08-11-2011, 06:46 PM
i dgaf who goes in with us. Just let us in.
I think it'll be great for A&M...especially recruiting. While Texas will be playing Iowa State and Kansas, you'll be able to tell players that they'll be playing in Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, etc..

Blake
08-11-2011, 06:47 PM

at least the SEC will pay A&M for the oncoming televised butt fuckings. :tu

symple19
08-11-2011, 06:48 PM
It may also not be out of the realm of possibility for the SEC to try and add OU to the mix as well.

Auburn and Alabama to the SECe, with OU and A&M replacing in the west. This would keep traditional rivalries together for the most part. Bama/Tenn, Auburn/Bama, Auburn/UGA. LSU would get left out a bit, since AU/UA vs LSU are huge rivalries. However, LSU would keep the Mississippi schools and add A&M, so they would still have most of their rivalries intact. Plus, Arky/OU is an old school rivalry that would be renewed

The OU scenario makes sense because if all this shit starts to happen, the ACC may stick together and go after Big East football schools (like West Virginia, South Florida, Rutgers, or Pitt)

DesignatedT
08-11-2011, 06:49 PM
It may also not be out of the realm of possibility for the SEC to try and add OU to the mix as well.

Auburn and Alabama to the SECe, with OU and A&M replacing in the west. This would keep traditional rivalries together for the most part. Bama/Tenn, Auburn/Bama, Auburn/UGA. LSU would get left out a bit, since AU/UA vs LSU are huge rivalries. However, LSU would keep the Mississippi schools and add A&M, so they would still have most of their rivalries intact. Plus, Arky/OU is an old school rivalry that would be renewed

The OU scenario makes sense because if all this shit starts to happen, the ACC may stick together and go after Big East football schools (like West Virginia, South Florida, Rutgers, or Pitt)

OU won't split from Texas and the politics involved between OU and OSU are worse than UT and A&M. As much as the SEC would want OU, I just don't see them being able to make the move.

Blake
08-11-2011, 06:50 PM

the SEC might throw out an invite, but I think OU needs the UT rivalry to stay put.

OU, Tech and Okie St are in uncomfortable situations.

Kermit
08-11-2011, 06:51 PM

If UT goes independent, then yes OU goes to the SEC. But I believe that they are with Texas until the bitter end. And they will have no problem going to any conference, be it the Big 10, Pac 12, or SEC.

symple19
08-11-2011, 06:51 PM
But, Blake's scenario makes sense as well. Adding UH is a HUGE downgrade from A&M though, is it not?

I suppose UT doesn't really care as long as they have some cannon fodder to put in front of the camera's so they can cash those checks

Kermit
08-11-2011, 06:53 PM
We'll see what happens. I'd be shocked if it didn't happen, but that will be figured out at a much later date.

Yeah, joining the best football conference in the nation does nothing for relevance.

Are you ready to get skull fucked this year in College Station?

Your entire identity is tied to Texas. You don't think that Aggy loses relevance when they part?

And you still haven't answered my question about the source of butthurt now that high school games are out of the picture.

Kermit
08-11-2011, 06:54 PM
But, Blake's scenario makes sense as well. Adding UH is a HUGE downgrade from A&M though, is it not?

I suppose UT doesn't really care as long as they have some cannon fodder to put in front of the camera's so they can cash those checks

Sure, it's a downgrade. But Houston will not be in a conference with Texas as long as Dodds is alive. So, it's got to be somebody else, if it is a Texas team they're thinking of adding.

Spursfan092120
08-11-2011, 06:55 PM
UT doesn't really care what happens here...I see them Independent soon anyway, but I think they were better off without the LHN...it's just going to become a pain in their asses. A&M's gone...Houston will probably go the Big 12...Tech will be in the Pac 12..next thing you know, the Big 12 will be going after SMU, followed shortly by the Big 12 being done. Super Conference age coming soon.

symple19
08-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Too bad the Big12-2 couldn't figure out some way to bring in TCU. That might have helped them survive as a conference. What about SMU? June Jones has them headed in the right direction. Tulsa?

There are opportunities to expand again, just won't be replacing departures with power schools (at least in athletics)

Sisk
08-11-2011, 06:57 PM
Your entire identity is tied to Texas. You don't think that Aggy loses relevance when they part?

And you still haven't answered my question about the source of butthurt now that high school games are out of the picture.

You are clearly aware of all traditions involving Texas A&M. Why would I think otherwise? Stupid me.

Sisk
08-11-2011, 06:58 PM
Too bad the Big12-2 couldn't figure out some way to bring in TCU. That might have helped them survive as a conference. What about SMU? June Jones has them headed in the right direction. Tulsa?

There are opportunities to expand again, just won't be replacing departures with power schools (at least in athletics)

TCU isn't joining the B12. B12 is as good as dead.

DesignatedT
08-11-2011, 06:59 PM

TCU wants no part of the big12 or Texas.

DesignatedT
08-11-2011, 06:59 PM
If the big 12 somehow lasts it will just add some team like U of H who would be happy to be UTs whipping boy while they get all the spotlight.

fuck that noise, were out.

Blake
08-11-2011, 07:02 PM

Yeah, it's a downgrade, but Houston would be a solid enough addition, imo.

Nice sports history and they are on the cusp of becoming a flagship university.

Kermit
08-11-2011, 07:03 PM
You are clearly aware of all traditions involving Texas A&M. Why would I think otherwise? Stupid me.

No seriously, what in the contract is causing you to leave other than high school football being aired?

symple19
08-11-2011, 07:04 PM
nice article looking at the latest developments and possible scenarios

Louisville a possible choice for the SEC as well

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2011-08-11/mass-expansion-at-big-12s-expense-looms-with-texas-am-looking-secs-way

coyotes_geek
08-11-2011, 07:05 PM

I'd think that OU and OkSt would veto Tulsa. SMU is a possibility though. New Mexico is another option.

symple19
08-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Don’t expect the SEC to expand by one and leave the league with an uneven number of schools. The SEC will expand only for value, and that means television markets and/or recruiting territory.

With Texas A&M as the first choice, the SEC gets a geographic footprint in the state of Texas and lands the mega television market of Houston (75 miles outside College Station). That also will allow the league to compromise more on a second team, should Oklahoma decline an invitation.

If the SEC can’t get Oklahoma—a Big 12 source told Sporting News last month that both the Texas A&M and Oklahoma board of regents had approved a move to the SEC in the summer of 2010 before Beebe saved the league—the SEC likely stays in the south for expansion. Forget about Florida State, Miami or Georgia Tech. Current SEC schools in those states won’t allow it. Virginia Tech and Missouri would be secondary considerations.

That means Louisville and Clemson are at the top of the list. With either addition, the SEC adds programs not afraid to spend money to get bigger (have you seen Louisville’s NBA arena and Clemson’s SEC-style football stadium?). Adding Louisville would bring the league a major basketball power, and adding Clemson would strengthen the overall sports program of the conference.

Kentucky and South Carolina may not initially be agreeable to such expansion, but Slive and the conference presidents would convince them of the long-term benefits—specifically, renegotiation of multi-billion dollar televisions deals with CBS and ESPN.

Adding Louisville or Clemson would allow the league to easily slot two new teams into the East and West Divisions. When Texas A&M and Oklahoma were debating moving last summer, there were informal talks about divisional realignment that would send Alabama and Auburn to the East and slot OU and TAMU in the West.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2011-08-11/mass-expansion-at-big-12s-expense-looms-with-texas-am-looking-secs-way#ixzz1Uli0Vtik

symple19
08-11-2011, 07:12 PM
A take from AL.com and the Birmingham news:http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/08/texas_am_to_the_sec_feels_inev.html

The SEC has stayed quiet during this latest round of speculation. At SEC Media Days a couple weeks ago, SEC Commissioner Mike Slive said he could add members if he wanted to in 15 minutes. :lol

Sisk
08-11-2011, 07:20 PM
No seriously, what in the contract is causing you to leave other than high school football being aired?

What am I, your fucking teacher? Do some research yourself. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that this deal is bad for A&M.

DesignatedT
08-11-2011, 07:21 PM
What's the general consensus regarding TAMU to the SEC that you are receiving Symple? For it, against it?

Kermit
08-11-2011, 07:25 PM
What am I, your fucking teacher? Do some research yourself. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that this deal is bad for A&M.

Because you can't tell me, because you're a fucking moron.

You don't know.

Is this where I post a picture of some inbred, redneck comedian?

It's not supposed to be good for you. Wait, didn't Deloss extend you an invitation to join?

Kermit
08-11-2011, 07:25 PM
What's the general consensus regarding TAMU to the SEC that you are receiving Symple? For it, against it?

Guaranteed win on most SEC schedules. Why wouldn't they be excited?

Kermit
08-11-2011, 07:30 PM
And Florida State is alledgedly the 14 member of the SEC.

Sisk
08-11-2011, 07:31 PM
Because you can't tell me, because you're a fucking moron.

You don't know.

Is this where I post a picture of some inbred, redneck comedian?

It's not supposed to be good for you. Wait, didn't Deloss extend you an invitation to join?

I do know. I've read much of the contract between tu and espn. How much have you read? Probably none. I'm not here to fucking educate you.

I'd educate you on the "offer" that was given to us, but I don't really care to explain. Let's just say that the offer was shit, and it was never going to be taken.

Sisk
08-11-2011, 07:33 PM

Sounds like texas last year.

I wonder if UCLA will lay another beat-down on the sips this year.

Kermit
08-11-2011, 07:34 PM
I do know. I've read much of the contract between tu and espn. How much have you read? Probably none. I'm not here to fucking educate you.

I'd educate you on the "offer" that was given to us, but I don't really care to explain. Let's just say that the offer was shit, and it was never going to be taken.

You don't know shit. You've proven that. You can't even answer a simple question. Even now you can't google some shit and come up with a half-assed answer. I guess you're busy doing something else. Well, you had better go. Those sheep are not going to fuck themselves.

Kermit
08-11-2011, 07:37 PM
Sounds like texas last year.

I wonder if UCLA will lay another beat-down on the sips this year.

Texas last year had a better year than Aggy most years. And yes, UCLA is going to beat us down. What kind of question is that?

Sisk
08-11-2011, 07:38 PM
You're right. I don't know anything about the lhn or even where Texas A&M is located.

What I do know, is that you are an arrogant sip (probably a t-shirt fan, as most of you faggots are) that has some false sense of entitlement because of the school he roots for.

Kermit
08-11-2011, 07:42 PM
You're right. I don't know anything about the lhn or even where Texas A&M is located.

What I do know, is that you are an arrogant sip (probably a t-shirt fan, as most of you faggots are) that has some false sense of entitlement because of the school he roots for.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/thujone/off2.jpg

symple19
08-11-2011, 07:44 PM

lol, I talked some shit last year about Aggie when the first speculation began, but I was just trollin

tbh, I've got no problem with it. It's ultimately going to strengthen the SEC in some important ways which have already been discussed here.

It's also going to force the SEC to add one more team, which I have no doubt will be a positive addition in more than one way. More money, more exposure, more recruiting area, etc.

There are going to be some traditionalists(re:morons) out there who will be against it, but overall I think there will be a positive reception

-------------

I'm in NC on business right now so I'm not home in Lexington where I could get a better gauge on what people are thinking. I've only talked to one of my Auburn friends since this broke and he's all for it like I am.

SEC people get scoffed for this, but we generally have a desire to be out in front of things and BETTER than everyone else in sports. For no reason should SEC people resist expansion while the Pac-12 and the Big whatever are getting bigger.

I think the only way you would see any kind of backlash is if traditional rivalries get broken up, which isn't going to happen unless the league expands beyond 14 teams

Check that AL.com link I gave above and read the comments under the A&M article. Just make sure to wade through all the AU/UA trolling/bashing/shit talking. You might actually find some cogent points in there (btw, those comment threads are always like that, 24/7/365 :lol)

symple19
08-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Also, Dirk4MVP is in Oxford and might be able to give you a decent idea of what an SEC campus is thinking about it

symple19
08-11-2011, 07:51 PM

couldn't help but lol

HOWEVA, if A&M keeps recruiting the way they have been it probably won't be that way for too long. Their recruiting can only get better if they join the SEC

Sisk
08-11-2011, 07:57 PM
couldn't help but lol

HOWEVA, if A&M keeps recruiting the way they have been it probably won't be that way for too long. Their recruiting can only get better if they join the SEC

Our 2012 class should be excellent and we've already received some commits for the '13 season. For next year we've got arguably the best QB in the state coming and the 2nd ranked (rivals) RB coming in. If we go next year it'll be rough as our team will be extremely young, but the '13 season should go well for us.

Sisk
08-11-2011, 08:09 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/thujone/off3.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/thujone/off4.jpg

Kermit
08-11-2011, 08:10 PM
It's a beautiful thing to be the Joneses.

leemajors
08-11-2011, 08:25 PM
i don't see how UT can be blamed for taking the money. they would be stupid not to.

dirk4mvp
08-11-2011, 08:27 PM
tbh I'm pretty indifferent towards it. But like I said earlier adding Texas to the recruiting process is a benefit.

there is a lot of mixed reaction on this SEC board.

http://www.sectalk.com/boards/sec-football-talk/107161-texas-m-joing-sec.html#.TkSAe2M0iSo

Sisk
08-11-2011, 08:27 PM
i don't see how UT can be blamed for taking the money. they would be stupid not to.

I don't blame texas for taking money at all. You're right, it would be stupid not to do so.

However, from Texas A&M's standpoint, it's bad for us. That's why we're leaving.

DMX7
08-11-2011, 08:28 PM
5-7 after having just won the conference championship. What has Texas A&M won in football? They can't even win the AlamoBowl much less a BCS game.

symple19
08-11-2011, 08:33 PM
tbh I'm pretty indifferent towards it. But like I said earlier adding Texas to the recruiting process is a benefit.

there is a lot of mixed reaction on this SEC board.

http://www.sectalk.com/boards/sec-football-talk/107161-texas-m-joing-sec.html#.TkSAe2M0iSo

I've actually got over 500 posts there from a few years ago. It's an awful board filled with dipshits who stroke each other off all the time and it's moderated to death.

Not a good sample, imo

symple19
08-11-2011, 08:37 PM

I agree. I don't have any problem at all with the way UT is handling things.

They're the big kid on the block, it's only natural to throw their weight around

Any other school would kill for a chance to have their own network and be able to dictate things as they see fit.

OTOH, I also totally understand the Nebraska's and A&M's of the world trying to get away from that. It's all about money and it's all about taking care of #1, and that's exactly what's going on here

Sisk
08-11-2011, 08:41 PM
5-7 after having just won the conference championship. What has Texas A&M won in football? They can't even win the AlamoBowl much less a BCS game.

Was someone talking to you?

DMX7
08-11-2011, 08:50 PM
Was someone talking to you?

Sorry, that must have stung. You should probably resort to personal attacks now.

I think it's probably your best course of action.

coyotes_geek
08-11-2011, 10:21 PM

Agreed. Everyone is acting in their own best interests here. Nothing wrong with that.

DesignatedT
08-12-2011, 12:58 AM
spadilly b-dawg
Hearing rumors that UT has hired a PR firm to conduct smear campaign against Texas A&M because of the imminent SEC move. Unbelievable.

agvocate Steve from Dorm 2
by spadilly
@SPORTSbyBROOKS Keep ears open for upcoming smear campaign by UT against A&M and SEC move. PR Firms supposedly retained

ChumpDumper
08-12-2011, 03:47 AM
Why would anyone need a PR firm for that?

pkbpkb81
08-12-2011, 08:36 AM
OU won't split from Texas and the politics involved between OU and OSU are worse than UT and A&M. As much as the SEC would want OU, I just don't see them being able to make the move.

The only way OU would go is if OsU get's to go to, the state has made it that OU has to take thier little sister with them every where

Kermit
08-12-2011, 10:07 AM
So now the legislature's getting involved?

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1250840

Of course, it is Chip Brown so I'm sure the opposite of whatever he says is true.

Kermit
08-12-2011, 11:01 AM
"Committee chairman Dan Branch, R-Dallas, also called a hearing last year when it appeared the Big 12 could break up with Texas and Texas Tech headed to the Pac-10 and Texas A&M headed to the SEC. But the Big 12 came together before the scheduled hearing. Just got off the phone with Branch about what he wants to get out of the hearing with Texas A&M officials. "We want to be in position to have a discussion about a potential move to a new athletic conference for one of our major universities - that it’s in the best interest of the state of Texas," Branch said. "There’s a lot of resources in play. These athletic programs have a lot of dollars involved with the TV contracts and the funding that comes from a particular conference. So we want to make sure if there was a decision to go a different direction at Texas A&M, it’s the regents’ job to make sure this is in the best interest of Texas A&M as one university in that system. And it’s the Legislature’s job to make sure it’s in the best interest in the state of Texas." I asked Branch if the committee found that such a move wasn't in the best interest of Texas, what could the Legislature do about it? "Ultimately, these are public institutions," Branch said. "The Legislature is responsible for funding and directing the ultimate policy of our public institutions. "So I think it’s important that the Legislature be advised. And so I want to create an opportunity on a timely basis to give the members of the House of Representatives the opportunity to ask questions and make sure they felt like this was in the best interest of the state of Texas. "There’s an argument that going to the SEC would be a good thing so that Texas’ biggest schools would have a footprint in two major conferences, so I’m going into this with an open mind. But it seems to me it’s the regents’ responsibility to do what’s in the best interest of Texas A&M as the flagship of that system. And it’s the Legislature’s responsibility to make sure it’s in the best interest of the state of Texas." Branch said there are really two points of interest that are critical to the state's view of a possible move by Texas A&M to the SEC. "Part of that goes to you don’t want another major conference coming undone by the action of one," Branch said. "So there’s two parts to this. One, is this a good move for Texas A&M? "And, more importantly, from our vantage point would there be a negative consequence to the University of Texas or Texas Tech University and even our private schools like Baylor ? what effect it could have on them?"

This is getting good.

Blake
08-12-2011, 11:01 AM
So now the legislature's getting involved?

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1250840

Of course, it is Chip Brown so I'm sure the opposite of whatever he says is true.

On Friday, the House Higher Education Committee in the Texas Legislature scheduled a meeting for Aug. 16 to take up the issue.

Nine member committee:

Rep Diane Patrick: BA Baylor
Rep Tryon Lewis: BA from UT; JD Baylor

:cry what about Baylor? :cry

symple19
08-12-2011, 11:04 AM
What is this Baylor thing you speak of.

Oh yeah, they're the school that has a giant man who plays center on their girls basketball team

Kermit
08-12-2011, 11:05 AM
Nine member committee:

Rep Diane Patrick: BA Baylor
Rep Tryon Lewis: BA from UT; JD Baylor

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/thujone/Old%20MS%20PAint/2010%20MSPAINTS/cfb21.jpg

DesignatedT
08-12-2011, 01:46 PM
Dan Beebe is all but pushing A&M out the door now saying that "Texas holds the key to conference and it would survive without them" and then contrary to that you have UT and Baylor politicians lining up at the door trying everything possible to block this move by A&M. Beebe is truly a fucking idiot.

Thompson
08-12-2011, 02:32 PM
It's only a hearing; the politicians can bluster all they want, they can't actually do anything to stop it now that the Texas legislature is out of session until January 2013. The only way they could take action now is if the governor called for a special session of the legislature- the governor who happens to be an Aggie.

Doug Collins
08-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Glad FoxPerez is still posting links to his shitty blog.

I personally didn't care if we stayed in the Big 12 or went to the SEC. We will be just as irrelevant in the SEC as we have been in the Big 12 regarding football. I think the SEC will help recruiting kids who want to stay in state, and Sherman has been able to develop his talent. That being said, we will basically be Arkansas - a team that competes and can potentially win the division every 5 years or so. I'm ok with that.

Outside of football, we're pretty much top 3-5 in every other sport and can really make moves in basketball especially with the early recruiting wins we've gotten. Living in Fayetteville, AR I'm just glad I'll get to see Aggie sports live a couple times a year.

DMX7
08-12-2011, 07:08 PM
DeLoss Dodds is the Big 12 commissioner. Beebe is just a middleman at this point.

DesignatedT
08-12-2011, 07:14 PM
DeLoss Dodds is the Big 12 commissioner. Beebe is just a middleman at this point.

That's the whole problem.

DMX7
08-12-2011, 07:31 PM
That's the whole problem.

It's not the whole problem. There are many problems. Texas A&M needs more atheltics' revenue, a recruiting chip to counter LHN and to restore its pride (judging by the degree of bitterness expressed by many Aggies).

I think they should go to the SEC. Texas isn't going to stop them and Baylor will try to but it's probably out of bullets to stop this from happening.

I think Texas is better off going Indy.

DesignatedT
08-12-2011, 07:36 PM
It's not the whole problem. There are many problems. Texas A&M needs more atheltics' revenue, a recruiting chip to counter LHN and to restore its pride (judging by the degree of bitterness expressed by many Aggies).

I think they should go to the SEC. Texas isn't going to stop them and Baylor will try to but it's probably out of bullets to stop this from happening.

I think Texas is better off going Indy.

Texas and Baylor are both doing everything possible to stop this move. Getting the Legislature involved is the first step, and a big one at that.

SEC says publicly that their presidents are to meet on the 14th to invite A&M, Texas and Baylor bitch to the brass in Austin and the Texas Legislature announce they are going to meet on the 16th to discuss "Texas A&M'. Texas A&M then moves their BOR meeting that was scheduled on the 22nd up to the 15th which will give full power to the acting president (R. Bowen Loftin) to make any move he feels necessary. It's turning into a political game now and Baylor and Texas are the driving forces behind that.

The most comical thing about this is the fact that UT, Baylor and Tech continue to act like they dont give a shit if we leave and we are going to regret it only to see them throw up roadblocks to prevent us from leaving :lol

DMX7
08-12-2011, 07:45 PM
Baylor has issued a statement telling its alumni to complain to the legislature. Texas hasn't done shit. You're just trying to convince yourself that Texas wants/needs Texas A&M, and yet again, it doesn't really seem to care.

DesignatedT
08-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Baylor has issued a statement telling its alumni to complain to the legislature. Texas hasn't done shit. You're just trying to convince yourself that Texas wants/needs Texas A&M, and yet again, it doesn't really seem to care.

:lmao when did i ever say Texas needed Texas A&M. gtfo

DesignatedT
08-12-2011, 08:33 PM
:lmao if you honestly believe Texas isn't now working furiously to keep A&M around.

DMX7
08-12-2011, 08:45 PM
:lmao if you honestly believe Texas isn't now working furiously to keep A&M around.

:lmao if you honestly believe it is... They are rich and A&M is not.

... and you just contradicted yourself in consecutive posts. Nice.

The Batman
08-12-2011, 10:26 PM
Designated with the contradiction goods. Runnin around in circles, lookin' like a complete idiot. Why would Texas work the phones when they don't need the aggies?

DesignatedT
08-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Designated with the contradiction goods. Runnin around in circles, lookin' like a complete idiot. Why would Texas work the phones when they don't need the aggies?

need/want are 2 different things. They want the aggies to stay, if you think they don't then you have a problem.

The Batman
08-12-2011, 10:41 PM
need/want are 2 different things. They want the aggies to stay, if you think they don't then you have a problem.

Why would they want them to stay? What would they gain by it?

Brutalis
08-12-2011, 11:25 PM
Obviously deep down UT doesn't want this. They need to control the state as they have been to maintain the recruiting base. Arkansas has pulled several studs. A&M would pull more. OU would have something to panic about. I don't even need to mention OSU or Tech for that matter, just mass confusion probably.

LSU would dig deep into the heart of Texas as well..

The Batman
08-13-2011, 08:03 AM
Obviously deep down UT doesn't want this. They need to control the state as they have been to maintain the recruiting base. Arkansas has pulled several studs. A&M would pull more. OU would have something to panic about. I don't even need to mention OSU or Tech for that matter, just mass confusion probably.

LSU would dig deep into the heart of Texas as well..

A&M would not pull more studs from Texas than any other school in the SEC.

leemajors
08-13-2011, 11:50 AM

I think Baylor cares waaaaay more than UT does.

Brutalis
08-13-2011, 03:10 PM
A&M would not pull more studs from Texas than any other school in the SEC.

No kidding. Good thing I didn't say that to begin with.