PDA

View Full Version : "One Team, one Goal" made reality

stéphane
06-13-2005, 08:02 AM
We all knew that our Spurs was of the "unselfish" type... but right now it's really amazing to see how these guys play as a team and how they react on the court. I'm thrilled with their way of playing, it's beautifull to watch and make yourself so proud to root for them because they're just awesome.
Every player of the spurs made what was needed to be done to win this game 2.
They kinda unplug their brain and feelings and plug their hearts and guts knowing they'll win as a team and only as a team.
Right now nobody is trying to be the hero of the game and just want to win.
Manu is just awesome...what more could we say? Timmy is being him. Bruce is ... wow. How can someone not love that guy? Bruce is just a fantastic. And these kind of things just go for all of the spurs.
About Tony, I read all kind of things by posters in the season and offseason so far. "Tony is a ballhog..." "Tony can't stand seing Manu shining" "Tony is trying to be the hero". The kid came in and faced last year finals MVP and brought what needed to be brought to slow him down. He only took a few shot and made most of them. I'm thrilled with the way he played in game2, some jumps on the TP bandwagon when he goes for 25points... But guys the kid just showed you, he's growing big time. Are you sure he won't be developing anymore? ;) . Concerning Tony-Manu relation, everytime i read something that TP says on Manu, it's just praises and how he's amazed of the way Manu is playing. I think they enjoy playing alongside and that such a backcourt kicks ass big time.
Pop deserves a lot of credit NOW. Watch the spurs and tell me that he hasn't played a big role in this team's will and unselfishness AND he's outcoaching his former mentor... Man that's just amazing.
After such a game, you feel like saying "I love this game"... and send towels to Mr Stern.

Go Spurs

boutons
06-13-2005, 08:12 AM
No matter that he scored only 12, Tony was noticeably, incredibly engertic in Game2. He seemed to be as frenetic with his legs as Bruce is.

It was one of his games where I didn't want to run out there and kick his butt into gear. Tony's such a tease. Games like last night with his awesome engergy, and other games where he's walking the ball across mid-court, leaden legs, flat-footed, while Pop is rolling his hand at Tony to speed up the tempo.

I trust that he will eventually smooth out the inconsistency, the peaks and valleys of his games, find a solid average effort that he can bring reliably every game.

I don't think Tony has ANY problem with Manu. He knows he can't do what Manu is doing, and wouldn't in any way want to impede Manu.