PDA

View Full Version : Kerry Goes On the Attack! Supporters Trilled!

Nbadan
09-20-2004, 07:08 PM
NEW YORK - Staking out new ground on Iraq, Sen. John Kerry said Monday he would not have overthrown Saddam Hussein had he been in the White House, and he accused President Bush of "stubborn incompetence," dishonesty and colossal failures of judgment. Bush said Kerry was flip-flopping.

"Saddam Hussein was a brutal dictator who deserves his own special place in hell," he added. "But that was not, in itself, a reason to go to war. The satisfaction we take in his downfall does not hide this fact: We have traded a dictator for a chaos that has left America less secure."

Kerry said in August that he would have voted in 2002 to give Bush war-making ability, even had he known no weapons of mass destruction would be found. He stood by the vote again Monday, saying the president needed to use the threat of force to "act effectively" against Saddam.

He made a distinction between that vote to grant a president war-making authority and what he himself would have done as commander in chief with such power.

"Yet today, President Bush tells us that he would do everything all over again, the same way. How can he possibly be serious?" Bush's presidential rival said at New York University.

"Is he really saying to Americans that if we had known there were no imminent threat, no weapons of mass destruction, no ties to al-Qaida, the United States should have invaded Iraq? My answer is resoundingly no because a commander in chief's first responsibility is to make a wise and responsible decision to keep America safe."

Yahoo (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=694&e=1&u=/ap/politics_of_iraq)

I can already hear the crys of flip-flop from the repug mouth-pieces, but I told everyone months ago that this clarification was coming from the Kerry administration.

Yonivore
09-20-2004, 07:11 PM
I'm sorry, Dan Rather beat him out in the news cycles again.

And, why would we state the obvious? He's a flip-flopper, who'd expect any less from him?

It was nice of that Demoncratic Congressman to "leak" that information on the deployments, which as you said had been in the news already, so Kerry could launch his "attack."

Hook Dem
09-20-2004, 07:12 PM
Kerry Campaign Stop - Angers Pennsylvania Neighborhood <chronwatch.com/content/co...?aid=9764>

Saturday, September 18, 2004

We received the following message from ChronWatch contributing writer Jack L. Patterson, who credits ''Mofak'' with the report. Looks like the Pennsylvania neighborhood of Canonsburg got a taste of the Kerry charm...

[From the W-04.com newsletter]

See How the Democrats Set Up a Campaign Show!

''Good Tuesday morning!'' John Kerry brought his ''front porch meeting'' to our Canonsburg, PA neighborhood on Labor Day morning. Since you will never hear the truth from the TV or print media I thought that you should know from someone who was ''almost'' there.

The residents who live on the street where the event took place were not allowed to attend. Kerry shipped in approximately 90 invitation only VIPs. In addition, there was a hard luck case who was about to lose her job at US Air and another was an elderly woman who was having healthcare problems. Neither one was from this neighborhood. The street was closed to all traffic the night before and all residents on the street were REQUIRED to remove their Bush/Cheney signs.

The sympathetic police officers on duty told us that Kerry used imminent domain to claim the street for his purposes. Residents who have homes within the perimeter (approximately 1 full block) were kept behind a line, away from the partisan crowd. The rest of us were not allowed within the 1 block cordon. A neighbor from across the street came to the line where we were being kept and asked us to come onto his property.

The police told us that we could stand on this man's FORMERLY private property! This was set up so that Kerry's views could be heard - but not the neighbors. The shouts of about 30 people (mostly neighbors) echoed down the street stating, ''Let the neighbors in!''

We could barely hear Kerry speaking with his microphone because press buses were used to block us off from view! This morning's papers are reporting how hecklers tried to interrupt Kerry as he spoke to the neighborhood gathering, but he turned our chants to his favor by calling us rude. Even though most of the media was there to record our stories of not being included in the neighborhood forum, not one of them printed or aired the truth.

This is what America will look like if Kerry becomes president. Get registered and get all of your friends registered to vote if they have not already done so. Kerry thinks that he is better than the rest of us and he has the media on his side to make him out to be what he is not!

Finally, last night as I drove down the street where the rally was held, I was surprised to see Bush/Cheney signs in almost every yard on the street

LET FREEDOM RING!"

Ken Armstrong

Hook Dem
09-20-2004, 07:17 PM
They don't look too thrilled to me.:lol

Spurminator
09-20-2004, 08:10 PM
I told everyone months ago that this clarification was coming from the Kerry administration.

:lol

This is a clarification? Looks to me like a complete reversal.

Tommy Duncan
09-20-2004, 08:32 PM
No shit.

Yonivore
09-20-2004, 09:55 PM
Clear as mud to me.

So, he was against regime change after he was for regime change after he voted against the $87 billion after the voted for the $87 billion after he voted for the use of force in Iraq after he said Saddam Hussein posed a threat to world peace?

Is that right?

Nbadan
09-21-2004, 05:43 AM
Maybe Kerry's position is now being further clarified now that W. has finally settled on us being able to win the war (we can win it this week right?).

:lol

Tommy Duncan
09-21-2004, 08:34 AM
Um ok. It won't be won this week. Some revelation.

Yonivore
09-21-2004, 10:48 AM
I see, so Kerry is dependent on Bush?

What's the matter? Doesn't he have principles of his own?