PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Perry Haters: T.P. to get his own tv channel?

JoeChalupa
08-12-2011, 06:54 AM
http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/11/tyler-perry-to-get-his-own-tv-channel/

Tyler Perry fans may soon get an entire TV station filled with nothing but the prolific, multi-hyphenated mogul's work.

According to the New York Times, Perry and movie studio Lionsgate are said to be at work on creating a cable channel called Tyler TV (a working title). Perry and Lionsgate didn't comment, but a source close to the matter said that as of now the channel would provide re-runs of Perry's programming, such as his popular TV shows "House of Payne" and "Meet the Browns" and his Madea films.

Eventually, other programming would be purchased to compliment Perry's brand, which carries some Christian themes.

But, as is oft noted these days, there are more cable channels than viewers know what to do with - and that's when they're not viewing their programming on the Web - and the question of whether Tyler TV will actually come to pass is still up in the air.

Nevertheless, the NYT notes that it makes sense for Lionsgate to explore an expansion of its relationship with Perry, whose films have brought in $522 million in ticket sales.

Let the venting begin. :lol

Personally I'm not sure it would survive and it would take some major investing and it may take sometime to get in the black.

DMC
08-12-2011, 09:27 AM
It's the best thing that could happen. No better way to marginalize a worthless piece of shit than to give them their own channel. That keeps them off the others hopefully and people will just avoid it.

Bender
08-12-2011, 10:12 AM
I've never seen a single one of his TV shows, or any of his movies. Just seeing the ads for them is more than enough for me.

JoeChalupa
08-12-2011, 10:20 AM
:lol

Frenzy
08-12-2011, 10:52 AM
All his shows suck, I wonder if they test his shows with apes first before actual humans.

cantthinkofanything
08-12-2011, 11:53 AM
This has to be some kind of conspiracy by the white man.

703 Spurz
08-12-2011, 04:32 PM
Good. I'll still never watch a second of anything Tyler Perry has ever made.

703 Spurz
08-12-2011, 04:34 PM
Tyler TV? Brilliant. Why not have a channel that only shows re-runs of bad shows and movies. I mean how can that ever fail?

cantthinkofanything
08-15-2011, 09:07 AM
I like how they have to put his name before every Movie or TV show...
"Tyler Perry's, Meet the Browns", "Tyler Perry's House of Payne", etc.

As if I couldn't figure this out from the commercial of a bunch of black people making bad jokes and one of them is a man dressed like a woman. Am I supposed to say, "oh, it's a Tyler Perry joint. It MUST be good."

"we black people pull the trigger for our own image assassination." - Tom Burrell, Brainwashed: Challenging the Myth of Black Inferiority

"Tyler Perry is perhaps the worst filmmaker in Hollywood", Perry is the "KFC of black cinema." - Touré (black critic)

Jacob1983
08-15-2011, 11:11 PM
I'm surprised no one has posted the Youtube link of when South Park made fun of him. That shit was hilarious.

Roddy Beaubois
08-15-2011, 11:16 PM
All his shows suck, I wonder if they test his shows with apes first before actual humans.

This was racist even for ST.

JoeChalupa
08-16-2011, 09:24 AM
All shows, movies, music totally suck to some while others enjoy them. I don't listen to any rap or hip-hop as do millions yet it is a very successful genre.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-16-2011, 01:14 PM
I don't give a fuck if he's black, white, brown, blue, green or neon fucking purple, anything with "Tyler Perry's" in front of it is absolute crap. Get the fuck out of here with that PC bullshit! He's god awful, deal with it.

cantthinkofanything
08-16-2011, 01:23 PM
I don't give a fuck if he's black, white, brown, blue, green or neon fucking purple, anything with "Tyler Perry's" in front of it is absolute crap. Get the fuck out of here with that PC bullshit! He's god awful, deal with it.

Amen. So I guess it's really a blessing they put his name in front of it. It probably saves a lot of people from having to watch an episode before they know it's going to suck.

However, I can't think of a white equivalent. A white producer would be blackballed (ha ha) long before he could crank out the body of shit that Tyler Perry has. Hulk Hogan's "Wrestling With The Whites". Something like that might be similar.

JoeChalupa
08-16-2011, 03:02 PM

Again, there is an audience for his work. Deal with it.

Frenzy
08-16-2011, 03:17 PM
Again, there is an audience for his work. Deal with it.
:wow

Did you just have a blackberry schnapps?

JoeChalupa
08-16-2011, 03:34 PM
:lol