PDA

View Full Version : Paul George OR Kawai Leonard???

spursince#99
08-12-2011, 11:32 PM
I know I have been "MIA" for quite some time & I'm famously known for the thread "the new guy in town" but I was very disappointed by our playoff performance including the lockout but I wa curious as to what you guys thought about the comparison & who you think is better or will be. Our newly signed Kawai Leonard or the Indiana Pacers Paul George??? Answer away

TE
08-12-2011, 11:39 PM
Leonard.

mystargtr34
08-12-2011, 11:47 PM
Probably George since he would be more suited to the Spurs system. Better lateral quickness and 3 point shooting.. maybe a better finisher at the rim and more athletic.

Leonard is more skilled around the rim and from 18 feet in. Better rebounder and stronger.

Its hard to say though.

mystargtr34
08-12-2011, 11:47 PM
Probably George since he would be more suited to the Spurs system. Better lateral quickness and 3 point shooting.. maybe a better finisher at the rim and more athletic.

Leonard is more skilled around the rim and from 18 feet in. Better rebounder and stronger.

Its hard to say though.

Hooks
08-13-2011, 01:45 AM
Can't say until Leonard's played a game in the NBA.

Leonard's skill set-He can handle the ball, create shots for others with his very underrated passing, rebound like a beast, he can defend as well and is pretty athletic, he also has a good post game. His weakness is shooting, he'd create his own shot only to miss it due to his poor shooting, it can be fixed though.

Don't really know that much about George.

Proxy
08-13-2011, 04:23 AM
Let's be optimistic and loyal, and just say the guy that's in silver and black

MR.SILVER&BLack
08-13-2011, 10:52 AM
dont know about everyone else but im excited to see anderson & leonard when ever we have season. maybe even see butler play.

TDMVPDPOY
08-13-2011, 02:55 PM
did paul do anything in the bulls series?

Russ
08-13-2011, 03:40 PM

No, he was saving it for the Iowa straw poll.

Spurs da champs
08-13-2011, 09:30 PM

He was guarding rose the whole time, wore him out.

stephen jackson
08-16-2011, 04:18 AM
kiwi

erikuff
08-20-2011, 05:17 AM
you're kidding? Paul George by several international nautical miles

AFBlue
08-20-2011, 12:40 PM
Hard to compare two players with completely different skill sets, but I'll say George. Leonard definitely has some positives, but he's essentially a 4 in a 2/3 body. George is a 2/3 in a 2/3 body (although he's still weak), so he doesn't have to project adding skills in order to play his natural position: he just has to improve on his current skill set.

yavozerb
08-20-2011, 12:51 PM

:lol, since George tore it up last season...

Hard to compare two players with completely different skill sets, but I'll say George. Leonard definitely has some positives, but he's essentially a 4 in a 2/3 body. George is a 2/3 in a 2/3 body (although he's still weak), so he doesn't have to project adding skills in order to play his natural position: he just has to improve on his current skill set.

Good take..Only reason I would take George is because I know what to expect from him since his skill set is so black and white. Leonard seems to have that boom or bust feeling heading into his NBA career. Not going to predict which I expect until I actually see the kid play in the NBA.

SpursDynasty85
08-23-2011, 10:36 PM
I couldn't say until I've seen both play in the NBA. Paul George definitely has the hops and length over Leonard. But Leonard's impressive rebounding rate as a 3 is very promising.

JR3
08-24-2011, 05:28 PM
Kawai

mosdef17
08-28-2011, 07:23 AM

Did an AMAZING job guarding Derrick Rose.

jimo2305
08-30-2011, 05:28 PM
the man hasn't even played a game yet lol..

i would be insulted by this thread if i were paul george

spursince#99
03-29-2012, 08:59 PM
now can I have my question answered? Or do I have to wait until after Saturdays game?

Spurtacus
03-29-2012, 09:01 PM
now can I have my question answered? Or do I have to wait until after Saturdays game?

who's "Kawai"?

spursince#99
03-29-2012, 09:02 PM
who's "Kawai"?

Kawhi :rolleyes

spursince#99
10-06-2012, 01:38 PM
so now can I get some answers?

szkorhetz
10-06-2012, 01:49 PM
I would still trade Leonard for George. I love both, but George still seems to be a better prospect. Better athlete, better shooter, better all-around.

TDMVPDPOY
10-06-2012, 02:16 PM
i take KL

george has fallen in love with the jumpshot, he didnt do anything offensively in the playoffs last season besides jackin up shots.....he needs to beat his man off the dribble and attack the rim like how durant does it sometimes using his length to beat players, but in this case of george, i have yet seen him do it

Darkwaters
10-06-2012, 03:04 PM
George looks really good, and I'm not trying to take anything away from him. But I like Kawhi. He looked great last season despite the lockout, no training camp, condensed and abbreviated season and a role that included some training wheels. Once the training wheels come off, and Pop lets him have some more freedom in the system, I think Kawhi could be something quite special for this team. He looks like the real deal.

Juggity
10-06-2012, 03:12 PM

In retrospect, this is a super shitty take

GB20
10-06-2012, 03:19 PM
KL

xellos88330
10-06-2012, 05:10 PM
I would take Leonard. I don't really have a take on the matter except that my gut tells me to take him. There is just something about Leonard that intrigues the hell outta me.

AussieFanKurt
10-06-2012, 05:56 PM
Question: I loved Leonard last year and thought he was a bloody good player but a friend was like all he can do is spot up 3s and some defence and I argued but to no avail. Am I biased as a Spurs fan for liking his play

SenorSpur
10-06-2012, 06:24 PM
I loved George coming out of college and desparately wanted the Spurs to move up to get him. However, he seemingly regressed from his rookie season to his sophomore season with the Pacers. Meanwhile, Leonard emerged as a steady player, he kept working throughout the shortened season and got progressively better. He topped it all off with an all-NBA rookie honors. Now, after working hard to improve various facets of his game over the summer, it looks like Leonard is ready to take his game to yet another level. WHile their styles are very similiar, I have to choose Leonard because of his inner drive to develop his game, his steely, yet steady attitude, and for his desire to become a star-level player.

spursince#99
10-06-2012, 06:49 PM
I loved George coming out of college and desparately wanted the Spurs to move up to get him. However, he seemingly regressed from his rookie season to his sophomore season with the Pacers. Meanwhile, Leonard emerged as a steady player, he kept working throughout the shortened season and got progressively better. He topped it all off with an all-NBA rookie honors. Now, after working hard to improve various facets of his game over the summer, it looks like Leonard is ready to take his game to yet another level. WHile their styles are very similiar, I have to choose Leonard because of his inner drive to develop his game, his steely, yet steady attitude, and for his desire to become a star-level player.

excellent take :toast

hooperflash
10-07-2012, 12:32 AM
Y

-21-
10-07-2012, 05:02 AM
I'll take Kawhi.

They're very different players imo. George is a much better athlete and finisher above the rim. He has a naturally smooth release on his jumper - something Kawhi doesn't have. Defensively, at this point, I think he's a better perimeter defender than Kawhi as he has shown he can stay in front of guys like Derrick Rose and Dwyane Wade.

Other than shooting, Kawhi is a more fundamentally sound player. Obviously, he is a beast on the boards, probably one of the best at it in his position. I think he's also the better ball-handler, passer, and desicion-maker. On defense, he has the potential to be better than George with more practice, development, and experience. One area where Kawhi stands out to me above other young players is his steady improvement, good work ethic, and calm (like really, really, really calm) demeanor. I think those traits will really help him throughout his career.

flipspursfan
10-07-2012, 06:55 AM
To put it very simply, I'll take KL cause he brings physicality and toughness to the Spurs.

mosdef17
10-07-2012, 07:33 AM
I really do love both players but I actually think I love Paul George that slight bit more. I just get the feeling he is destined for perennial all star. He's a 6'10 2 guard that has had success guarding guys like Derrick Rose. That is a special combination of skills to have. Add to that he looks like he is going to be a really solid offensive player, it's too hard to pass him up. He is a higher risk, but I think his ceiling is higher than Leonards, it's just more like Leonard will reach his. Good question though...

EDIT: The more important question is Kawhi Leonard or George Hill? I think we made the right decision :downspin:

Fabbs
01-18-2013, 10:37 PM
I'm very happy with Leonard, wish last year would have been part of a Championship.

George tonight was on fire O and D. Very good game all aspects.
Pacers must be happy with his year 3 progress.

TDMVPDPOY
01-18-2013, 11:08 PM
cant really compare the 2 players, cause both are playing in different situations on their teams...

one is rebuilding and really haev no goto guy, where George can just chuck if he wants too

while KL is sometimes not even 4th option when his playing with the starters, yet when his playin with the bench, his either behind neal, jax, ginoboli....

the spot up shooters on the spurs have more shot attempts compared to KL on a night by night basis, sometimes its like his not even out there its like his just another player making up the numbers....

DesignatedT
01-18-2013, 11:09 PM
George is the go-to guy over there. He is there offense without Granger. Totally different situations. George probably has the better all around game but I think Kawhi can be a better player defensively if he continues to improve.

Kawhi played a pretty good 4th quarter but he looked pretty bad tonight through the first 3. Not sure if Pop is in his head or what but he is passing up a lot of opportunities to shoot or score. If it is Pop telling him not to shoot or try to look for his shot then I think Pop is coaching him all wrong. I hope that isn't the case.

Brunodf
01-18-2013, 11:11 PM
cant really compare the 2 players, cause both are playing in different situations on their teams...

one is rebuilding and really haev no goto guy, where George can just chuck if he wants too

while KL is sometimes not even 4th option when his playing with the starters, yet when his playin with the bench, his either behind neal, jax, ginoboli....

the spot up shooters on the spurs have more shot attempts compared to KL on a night by night basis, sometimes its like his not even out there its like his just another player making up the numbers....

Quality post:wow

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-18-2013, 11:11 PM
20/20 hindsight, but George is now one of the best swings in the NBA while Kawhi is a solid contributor. I love Kawhi, but he's had a choppy sophomore season, as did George, while George has exploded in his third. Let's hope Kawhi improves greatly next year as George has done this year.

TDMVPDPOY
01-18-2013, 11:17 PM
20/20 hindsight, but George is now one of the best swings in the NBA while Kawhi is a solid contributor. I love Kawhi, but he's had a choppy sophomore season, as did George, while George has exploded in his third. Let's hope Kawhi improves greatly next year as George has done this year.

to tell you the truth i dont really like or enjoy watchin KL how his being used on this team

with his wide skillset, why is KL being forced to play a limited role on this team especially on offense is my main concern
while clowns on the bench with no skillset are forced to play a players high skillset...aka bonner, blair, bench wankers

DesignatedT
01-18-2013, 11:21 PM
Kawhi is pretty much being used the same way Danny is. All of Danny's points come off set up threes. Just like Kawhi. Nobody has a huge role on this team outside of the big 3. It's been that way forever.

see: Richard Jefferson. People were begging and pleading for RJ to get more opportunities on the offensive end when he first got here. Many were upset that he wasn't being "used appropriately" on offense. That's just how it is here. It's the big 3 and then the rest.

It does piss me off though seeing Gary Neal get to turn into the "Ginobili" of this team every time Manu is out though.

Brunodf
01-18-2013, 11:28 PM
Kawhi is pretty much being used the same way Danny is. All of Danny's points come off set up threes. Just like Kawhi. Nobody has a huge role on this team outside of the big 3. It's been that way forever.

see: Richard Jefferson. People were begging and pleading for RJ to get more opportunities on the offensive end when he first got here. Many were upset that he wasn't being "used appropriately" on offense. That's just how it is here. It's the big 3 and then the rest.

It does piss me off though seeing Gary Neal get to turn into the "Ginobili" of this team every time Manu is out though.

Pop gotta adjust his system, i think Kawhi could play "Manu role".

MR-Clutch
01-18-2013, 11:29 PM
Tbh aside from 3s kawhi just doesn't look that confident with the ball. It's like he doesn't realize he has the athleticism to get to the bucket. It's frustrating as hell.

TDMVPDPOY
01-18-2013, 11:29 PM

see: Richard Jefferson. People were begging and pleading for RJ to get more opportunities on the offensive end. Many were upset that he wasn't being "used appropriately" on offense. That's just how it is here. It's the big 3 and then the rest.

yet guys like GREEN, Neal etc just being spot up shooters have more shot attempts then KL every game, the shit sometimes these clowns do on the court...u telling me a player like KL cant ISO or allowed to go hero mode once in a while? yet gets pulled out and chuck into the doghouse.....while pop continues to play the cold hand wankers who continue to brick houses and let their assign players blow past them on every possession....

DesignatedT
01-18-2013, 11:31 PM
Kawhi has passed up a lot of shots this year that guys like Danny and Gary would let fly. Not sure if that has something to do with Pop but he is getting similar looks just deciding not to shoot it for whatever reason.

TDMVPDPOY
01-18-2013, 11:31 PM
Tbh aside from 3s kawhi just doesn't look that confident with the ball. It's like he doesn't realize he has the athleticism to get to the bucket. It's frustrating as hell.

his fkn role now is continuing where RJ left off.....fkn pathetic to be honest, a young player with that sort of skillset can blow past anyone on any play if he wanted to, but his being held back on this team, especially on offense....

TDMVPDPOY
01-18-2013, 11:33 PM
Kawhi has passed up a lot of shots this year that guys like Danny and Gary would let fly. Not sure if that has something to do with Pop but he is getting similar looks just deciding not to shoot it for whatever reason.

we dont need another passive wanker on offense cause diaw already taken up that role...bonner is starting to be passive also due to his slow release and players running out to him....even a scrub like bonner can pump fake and penetrate closer for a easier shot, while KL u never see him do any of this...his points are mainly spot up 3 or steals in transition led to his fast break dunks...a very young exciting player being turn into a scrub in the making....

DesignatedT
01-18-2013, 11:35 PM
his fkn role now is continuing where RJ left off.....fkn pathetic to be honest, a young player with that sort of skillset can blow past anyone on any play if he wanted to, but his being held back on this team, especially on offense....

While he is being used as a "system player" there have been MANY opportunities and instances where he could have "blew past" his opposition for a score and I haven't really seen it. I saw him pass on many open shots tonight around the top of the key. The same shots Danny gets.

RD2191
01-18-2013, 11:36 PM
kawhi will never be a serious offensive threat, ive said it time and time again, every time he drives he gets called for a charge

DesignatedT
01-18-2013, 11:36 PM
we dont need another passive wanker on offense cause diaw already taken up that role...bonner is starting to be passive also due to his slow release and players running out to him....even a scrub like bonner can pump fake and penetrate closer for a easier shot, while KL u never see him do any of this...his points are mainly spot up 3 or steals in transition led to his fast break dunks...a very young exciting player being turn into a scrub in the making....

Nobody is jumping at a Kawhi Leonard shot fake.

Since you brought up fast breaks... he has been absolutely horrendous running fast breaks this season.

DesignatedT
01-18-2013, 11:41 PM
I would like to see him be used more in the offense but he is already getting open looks and is just deciding not to shoot the ball. He had many tonight where I would have liked to see him shoot it. I would like to see him have more opportunities cutting to the basketball and stuff as well. He was touching the ball nearly every possession tonight in the fourth quarter so it isn't like hes just sitting in the corner ala Richard Jefferson. They are moving him around and running offense he just isn't getting anything or they aren't passing him the ball. Him and Duncan tried to run a nice give and go to the rim down the stretch and it resulted in a turnover. You also have to take into account that he's missed 18 games this season.

TDMVPDPOY
01-18-2013, 11:47 PM
Nobody is jumping at a Kawhi Leonard shot fake.

Since you brought up fast breaks... he has been absolutely horrendous running fast breaks this season.

this fkn team just love doing layups on fastbreaks....

DapDaGenius
01-19-2013, 12:08 AM
Not worried about Kawhi. While his offense wasn't there tonight, he had plenty of defensive hustle and aggressiveness. I do hope he gets his offense to being more consistent.

TDMVPDPOY
01-19-2013, 12:18 AM
Not worried about Kawhi. While his offense wasn't there tonight, he had plenty of defensive hustle and aggressiveness. I do hope he gets his offense to being more consistent.

u cant be consistent if ur not gettin enough touches, fast break players dunks/layups doesnt warm ur stroking hand......

popabitch is fine with his chuckfest heros bricking shots b4 even the thought of benching them, while KL any defensive errors or a sign of brickin houses is immediately bench and made an example of

KL on another team would be beasting instead of this limited role....

DesignatedT
01-19-2013, 12:55 AM
u cant be consistent if ur not gettin enough touches, fast break players dunks/layups doesnt warm ur stroking hand......

popabitch is fine with his chuckfest heros bricking shots b4 even the thought of benching them, while KL any defensive errors or a sign of brickin houses is immediately bench and made an example of

KL on another team would be beasting instead of this limited role....

Just stop posting. This type of shit is what makes this site unbearable at times.

TDMVPDPOY
01-19-2013, 01:05 AM
Just stop posting. This type of shit is what makes this site unbearable at times.

lol did i manage to pushed ur button?

lets get this straight with his development so far, why isnt he given the green light? Ghill33 was given the green light to play outside of the system in his 3rd year, why cant KL who is bigger and wide skill set thats shown in college being force to be spot up shooter or behind the idiots on the team with the amount of touches?

TDMVPDPOY
01-19-2013, 01:22 AM
Seems like he's not even 3rd or 4th option when playing with the bench either.

dont know if any of you clowns have notice when hsi playing with the bench

ginoboi - either chuckn bad selection rush shots or stupid turnovers from flashy passes
neal - shoots every time he touches the ball, theres not a open look he wont take a shot
jax - he usually selects his shots wisely, but when his in a bad mood u see him chuck up stupid shots, but most of the time he will defer
diaw - the open looks he gets doesnt shoot but prefers to penetrate and defer (i wish kl get those sort of open looks diaw gets)
mills - not afraid too shoot and will pull the trigger b4 the thought of passing

the bench basically has no real play maker, just a bunch of streaky heroes offensively who needs volume shots to get going....KL doesnt fit playing with them

Richie
01-19-2013, 01:28 AM
Let's be honest, George is way, way ahead of Kawhi at this point. George is a borderline all star this year, Kawhi is a contributor on a good team.

There's a number of good, young small forwards at the moment. George, Hayward, Parsons, Kawhi. Leonard is probably the worst in that group but he is younger than those others. If he can take the kind of step this summer that George made between his second and third year we would be very lucky.

SpursRock20
01-19-2013, 01:34 AM
Based on what's asked of him on the offensive end, I can't get too upset with Kawai. He really has no plays drawn up for him and is used as a pawn in all offensive sets. Most of his points come from the corner or in transition, that's all Pop wants from him it seems.

Russo21
01-19-2013, 03:17 AM
Paul George > Leonard
George Hill > Leonard

That's on Pop and Kawhi himself. Look what Pop did to borderline allstar and 20ppg score Richard Jefferson. He fucked him up. Just sat in the corner all game every game scratching his ass. Lost his confidence and then forgot how to play like he used to. I fear Pop is going to fuck Leonard up to.

Man In Black
01-19-2013, 03:42 AM
How many shots are there to go around on a team like the Spurs? Will they do score a lot, this isn't an 8 seconds or less offense. If Tim gets 14 shots and Tony gets 15 and Ginobili gets 12 or so, then add Splitters 10 and then Greens 7 and Neals 8 and then say Mills gets 3 and DeColo gets 2. Already with those 8 not including Kawhi, that's already 69 shots. Say Kawhi gets 7 shots, that brings the total to 76 shots. Boris Diaw needs to shoot more to keep defenses honest but even he doesn't take more than say 4 shots a game. So now we're at 80 shots.
How many shots do the Spurs average per game?
Through 41 games, the Spurs took 3348 shots. On average that means the Spurs take around 81 shots per game. So how many shots should Kawhi take? Does he take shots away from any of the Big 3? How about Splitter? Gary Neal? Okay, perhaps Danny Green. But if Danny ain't taking shots, and Kawhi ain't taking any, then that makes the Spurs predictable.

It's like when Steve Smith would sit in the corner and not engage offensively. Kawhi has done that some but he's engaged more that Smith ever had. Dunk facial on Ibaka rings a bell but really, he should just concentrate on D and keep working on that shot. His day will come soon enough that he's the face of the franchise. When he does, Paul George won't have shit on him.

TDMVPDPOY
01-19-2013, 04:11 AM
danny green, ginoboli, neal, jax.......taking shots away from kawhi

Juggity
01-19-2013, 04:12 AM
George Hill > Leonard

:lmao :lmao :lmao

capek
01-19-2013, 04:28 AM
Paul George > Leonard
George Hill > Leonard

That's on Pop and Kawhi himself. Look what Pop did to borderline allstar and 20ppg score Richard Jefferson. He fucked him up. Just sat in the corner all game every game scratching his ass. Lost his confidence and then forgot how to play like he used to. I fear Pop is going to fuck Leonard up to.

Neither of those guys are people you change you're whole offensive system for. Lebron, yes. Durant, yes. etc etc. Not RJ or Leonard, so I'm not sure what you expect. And if earning his spot is enough to 'fuck up' Leonard, he's not going to be the player we hope he is anyway.

TJastal
01-19-2013, 04:40 AM
It's like when Steve Smith would sit in the corner and not engage offensively. Kawhi has done that some but he's engaged more that Smith ever had. Dunk facial on Ibaka rings a bell but really, he should just concentrate on D and keep working on that shot. His day will come soon enough that he's the face of the franchise.
If dunk facials = superstar potential then Vince Carter is gonna be great someday. He served up a wicked dunk facial on Ibaka in the game I saw last night.

When he does, Paul George won't have shit on him.

Spursfanfromafar
01-19-2013, 05:03 AM
Kawhi Leonard is a fantastic talent to come to the Spurs. He is a top grade defensive player and although the Spurs haven't found an offensive role for him yet, he is the best draftee for the Spurs for a while and the future of the franchise.

Paul George has a bit more experience with the Pacers and is now a genuine two way player whose offensive play is better than his defensive play - from the limited minutes I have seen him play. But his ceiling is closer than Kawhi's who, I am sure, with experience will turn out to be as good if not better than George.

slick'81
01-19-2013, 05:14 AM
george not even close right now

exstatic
01-19-2013, 09:18 AM
Let's be honest, George is way, way ahead of Kawhi at this point. George is a borderline all star this year, Kawhi is a contributor on a good team.

There's a number of good, young small forwards at the moment. George, Hayward, Parsons, Kawhi. Leonard is probably the worst in that group but he is younger than those others. If he can take the kind of step this summer that George made between his second and third year we would be very lucky.
The wind in Paul George's sails was the fact that the third year is usually the big growth year for a young player, and that Danny Granger missed so much time. PG is an elite defender, but he won't get nearly as many shots when Granger comes back.

Richie
01-19-2013, 09:32 AM
The wind in Paul George's sails was the fact that the third year is usually the big growth year for a young player, and that Danny Granger missed so much time. PG is an elite defender, but he won't get nearly as many shots when Granger comes back.

I think it's more likely that Granger gets traded for a point guard and Hill goes to 6th man. Maybe Bledsoe + filler for Granger. I like that deal for both teams.

Edit: Bledsoe + Odom (expiring) for Granger would be a top deal for them. They would have a mountain of cap space in the summer to re-sign West and someone else or go big for someone like Josh Smith.

Looking at it for this season though, a lineup of Hill, George, Granger, West and Hibbert is a huge team, only Hill under 6'8". A lot of options to throw at Wade and LeBron in they meet in the playoffs.

TDMVPDPOY
01-19-2013, 09:44 AM

lol watch the games, when PG has the ball dont expect him to past it up....he would usually chuck up any shot if needed....sometimes he would go gary neal dribble down the court and hoist up a 3pt shot...

exstatic
01-19-2013, 11:54 AM
I think it's more likely that Granger gets traded for a point guard and Hill goes to 6th man. Maybe Bledsoe + filler for Granger. I like that deal for both teams.

Edit: Bledsoe + Odom (expiring) for Granger would be a top deal for them. They would have a mountain of cap space in the summer to re-sign West and someone else or go big for someone like Josh Smith.

Looking at it for this season though, a lineup of Hill, George, Granger, West and Hibbert is a huge team, only Hill under 6'8". A lot of options to throw at Wade and LeBron in they meet in the playoffs.

CP3 has a bad wheel. I'm not sure I'm trading his young, cheap backup for Granger, who while good, is redundant about 4 times on the Clippers. SF is not a position of need for them with Butler, GHill, and Barnes. I'm also not sure that Indy would even consider Odom, even as an ending contract throw in, after Dallas' nightmare with him last year. You don't need locker room problems when you're fighting for playoff seeding. That trade seems to sort of work for Indy, but not LA.

SpursRock20
01-19-2013, 12:02 PM
Paul George > Leonard
George Hill > Leonard

Jason Kidd has been known to make players look pretty damn good.

Richie
01-19-2013, 01:00 PM
CP3 has a bad wheel. I'm not sure I'm trading his young, cheap backup for Granger, who while good, is redundant about 4 times on the Clippers. SF is not a position of need for them with Butler, GHill, and Barnes. I'm also not sure that Indy would even consider Odom, even as an ending contract throw in, after Dallas' nightmare with him last year. You don't need locker room problems when you're fighting for playoff seeding. That trade seems to sort of work for Indy, but not LA.

While I'll admit I don't know a huge amount about Granger, I think it is safe to say he is a big upgrade for who the Clippers currently have at SF.

Bledsoe is a great asset and wasted on the Clippers. Come playoff time Pauls minutes will go up to the 40 min mark and Crawford will be closing the game in the back court with him. I don't see Bledsoe getting more than 10-15 min in playoff time when it counts and while he is excellent to give Paul rest in the regular season, Granger playing 30+ minutes is much more useful in the postseason.

I agree the Pacers may not want to mess with their team while trying to make a playoff run, but their pieces are all so young they have time. Hill and Hibbert are 26, George (and Bledsoe if the trade happens) are 22. If they don't want Odom, they could always take Butler as the Clips would be getting Granger in return, although he isn't an expiring.

Possible lineups after the trade

Bledsoe/Hill/George/West/Hbbert (+ big cap space)

Paul/Crawford/Granger/Griffin/Jordan

I think both teams improve.

therealtruth
01-19-2013, 01:07 PM
Jason Kidd has been known to make players look pretty damn good.

RJ averaged 20 with the Bucks and no Jason Kidd. He needs a offense that allows him to play to his strengths.

SpursRock20
01-19-2013, 01:29 PM
RJ averaged 20 with the Bucks and no Jason Kidd. He needs a offense that allows him to play to his strengths.

Are you really going to defend Jefferson? He shot so much more in Milwaukee because he was basically their number 1 option. If he is so skilled, why can't he get any playing time in Golden State? The guy has regressed plain and simple, and to blame it all on Pop (who I believe designed an alley oop play specifically for him) isn't right.

spurs50_
01-19-2013, 03:09 PM
What is going on with this guy? the other day i was wondering when leonard will score 20 in a game, heck, right now i would be happy if he scored 10 a game..i don't think the future face of the franchise, as popovich put it, can be averaging less than 9 pts per game or we are in trouble. He can't score if he doesn't shoot.

Man In Black
01-19-2013, 05:15 PM
If dunk facials = superstar potential then Vince Carter is gonna be great someday. He served up a wicked dunk facial on Ibaka in the game I saw last night.

Ha...Vince Carter at 1 time actually led a team to an Eastern Conference Final. What has Paul George done exactly as a leader of a franchise?

But having said that, the Big 3 won't be here forever and when they're gone, those shots have to be re-distributed. Besides...if Danny Granger were healthy right now, then no one would say shit about Paul George other than he's a fine young player. While has made the most of a great opportunity let's not get crazy and start calling him an All-Star level player and place his name on the ALL-NBA D Team.

Spurs da champs
01-19-2013, 05:25 PM
Ha...Vince Carter at 1 time actually led a team to an Eastern Conference Final. What has Paul George done exactly as a leader of a franchise?

When has Paul George even been the leader of a franchise?

Regardless, George is head & shoulders above Leonard; Leonard imo has regressed. He does nothing but shoot 3's & miss, his defense has even taking a step back since his return from the quad injury.

Very disappointing.

Man In Black
01-19-2013, 05:59 PM
When has Paul George even been the leader of a franchise?

Exactly...so why use Vince Carter as a comparison. Why people bitch about a 5th option on offense player in the current system when truthfully, his team wants him to focus on stopping the best perimeter players in the L is crazy. Again, Paul George scores on a team that needs him to because they don't have their franchise player in Danny Granger. If Paul George played for the Spurs, he'd get 8 shots a game too but he wouldn't be able to play the D that Pop requires of Leonard. Recognize!

Spurs da champs
01-19-2013, 06:08 PM
George has stepped up without Granger (hell he might even force the Pacers to trade Granger who will turn 30 & is regressing), Leonard hasn't with Ginobili out.

Their is no excuse for Leonard's poor play.

LASToog36
01-19-2013, 06:39 PM
honestly klay thompson looks alot better and progressed more than leonard this past year offensively.. still believe we made the better decision in kL

SequSpur
01-19-2013, 07:08 PM
I know I have been "MIA" for quite some time & I'm famously known for the thread "the new guy in town" but I was very disappointed by our playoff performance including the lockout but I wa curious as to what you guys thought about the comparison & who you think is better or will be. Our newly signed Kawai Leonard or the Indiana Pacers Paul George??? Answer away

dude, you're like spurstalk famous...

KL2
05-16-2013, 08:07 PM
Bump. Thoughts? George is getting waaay too much hype from the media, his FG% is piss poor, especially compared to Kawhi's. He's a much better playmaker but that's about it. Kawhi has really progressed since people last posted here.

PG these playoffs:

40% FG (same regular season %)
18 PPG
5 APG
36% from 3
8 RPG

Kawhi these playoffs:
57% FG
13 PPG
8 RPG
37% from 3
Shutting down Thompson as well

George has also been in the NBA 1 more year.

spursince#99
05-16-2013, 08:24 PM
Hmmm

apalisoc_9
05-16-2013, 08:31 PM
Bump. Thoughts? George is getting waaay too much hype from the media, his FG% is piss poor, especially compared to Kawhi's. He's a much better playmaker but that's about it. Kawhi has really progressed since people last posted here.

PG these playoffs:

40% FG (same regular season %)
18 PPG
5 APG
36% from 3
8 RPG

Kawhi these playoffs:
57% FG
13 PPG
8 RPG
37% from 3
Shutting down Thompson as well

George has also been in the NBA 1 more year.

George is a slightly better player this year tbh. Leonard is so efficient because he plays in a system as role player in a "shoot when open only" system.

Kawhi is much more versatile defensively though.

HemisfairArena
05-16-2013, 08:33 PM
You cant be serious...George easily.

jesterbobman
05-16-2013, 08:43 PM
Paul George is the better player. He has the opposite problem to Kawhi(He's over aggressive looking for his shot), but both are probably ideally 2nd/3rd scorers who play excellent D.

spursince#99
05-16-2014, 04:14 PM
Hmmm. One year anniversary.

05-16-2014, 04:57 PM
PG is a chucker tbh

KL2
05-16-2014, 05:24 PM
PG is busy touching Hibberts dick, while Leonard is leading his team to the WCF.

leonard>PG