PDA

View Full Version : Stern says up to 5 potential buyers showing interest in the NBA Hornets

fevertrees
08-14-2011, 09:11 AM
Here we go!:lobt2:

"NBA Commissioner David Stern said Friday that up to five potential buyers have expressed an interest in purchasing the New Orleans Hornets.

Speaking on a podcast hosted by ESPN.com’s Bill Simmons, Stern said the league is not ready to sell the team until after a new collective bargaining agreement is completed.

However, Stern said the necessary steps continue to move in place to make the franchise attractive for a buyer.

“The fact of the matter is that New Orleans is approaching 9,000 season tickets, they are looking at a possible new cable deal; we are having a very large impact on sponsorships,’’ Stern said. “There is a state subsidy right now, which we are seeking to have continued.

“I think the team will not be a small-market team in terms of revenue, and there will be a very good chance a buyer will say I want that team, and I want it in that market.’’

The Hornets are expected to announce two new major sponsorship deals next week, according to league sources.

The league, meanwhile, is currently in its first work stoppage since the 1998-99 season. The league and its players’ association remain decidedly apart on a new salary-cap system and the percentage split of the league’s revenues."

Pelicans78
08-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Which cities are they from? Let me take a guess.

Seattle
Kansas City
San Jose
Vancouver
Galliano, LA

BlackSwordsMan
08-14-2011, 10:32 AM
Ronald Mcdonald, the easter bunny, santy claws,godzilla and mothra.

daslicer
08-14-2011, 12:55 PM
The Hornets should have never left Charlotte. Whoever buys this team is going to move it away from shitty nawlins.

Juggity
08-14-2011, 01:00 PM
Which cities are they from? Let me take a guess.

Seattle

Would be kinda cool to see the Hornets become the reincarnated Sonics.

TDMVPDPOY
08-14-2011, 02:38 PM
how many wankers are currently on their books?

4>0rings
08-14-2011, 04:14 PM
Lol Stern with the used car tactic, "hurry up and buy this team, I've got a few other buyers wanting it".

Nobody wants that POS team, not even New Orleans.

BRHornet45
08-14-2011, 04:29 PM
haters gonna hate