PDA

View Full Version : TP in talks with China

Destro
08-15-2011, 07:41 PM
NBA stars face roadblock to play in China
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_nba_players_china_081511

"Bryant is the biggest star deep in negotiations with China, but he isn’t alone. San Antonio Spurs point guard Tony Parker(notes) has been engaged in serious talks, too, sources tell Yahoo! Sports, but it won’t matter if China lays down legislation that could be crippling to the signing of NBA stars."

Spursnlego
08-15-2011, 08:27 PM
Why wouldn't he play for France?

DesignatedT
08-15-2011, 08:33 PM
this lockout fuckin blows.

Spursnlego
08-15-2011, 08:37 PM
this lockout fuckin blows.

+1

Danny.Zhu
08-16-2011, 01:10 AM
Welcome to Shanghai Sharks......

eric365
08-16-2011, 06:46 AM
Why wouldn't he play for France?

He owns the ASVEL team in France and doesn't want to play for his team. Probably because of the insurance or because he is the owner.

Obviously, he can't play for another team in France than ASVEL so he has to go in another country

dylankerouac
08-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Also, I thought this was pretty obvious but word of the day is exposure. He's already known in the USA and Europe. Now think of a large untapped market. Last I checked, China had the largest population for a country.

ChumpDumper
08-16-2011, 12:33 PM
It's probably much easier to get a relatively big contract with an out clause in China.

DPG21920
08-16-2011, 12:38 PM
It seems like that will be difficult. By all accounts it appears the Chinese are about to rule that contracts with an out clause are illegal in their league and won't be allowed.

dylankerouac
08-16-2011, 02:25 PM
Sounds like something our country should have done to keep jobs in the States. There goes China, always one step ahead.

hater
08-16-2011, 04:40 PM
I thought this was about Parker getting caught sexting with Chyna

http://famousjojo.com/wp-content/uploads/Chyna.jpg

DPG21920
08-16-2011, 07:41 PM
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m524/jjutd/TPFrance.jpg

Bruno
08-17-2011, 01:20 AM
Yep, Parker told that he could play for the team he owned (ASVEL) in France if there is a lengthy lockout. The main obstacle is that insuring his long term contract won't be easy. There are also some rumor about ASVEL signing Stephen Jackson.

eric365
08-17-2011, 03:53 AM
Yep, Parker told that he could play for the team he owned (ASVEL) in France if there is a lengthy lockout. The main obstacle is that insuring his long term contract won't be easy. There are also some rumor about ASVEL signing Stephen Jackson.

IIRC he said 2 or 3 weeks ago that he could play for ASVEL but it was very unlikely. The sentence was like it was almost sure that no

lefty
08-17-2011, 10:28 AM
" C'est avec un grand plaisir que je baiserais vos femmes, mais elles ont des nichons minuscules "

The ADMIRAL 50
08-17-2011, 01:08 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/6868651/san-antonio-spurs-tony-parker-definitely-play-france-nba-misses-games

"My agent talked about China a little bit," Parker said after totaling 23 points, seven rebounds and four assists in France's 82-60 victory. "But for me I just want to focus on the national team, that's most important for me.

"I'm not going to take any decision until the end of September, after the European Championships. I want to see if I'm healthy, if I'm hurt and by then we will also know a lot more what is happening with the situation of the lockout.

"If I play (abroad), I will definitely play in France, for my fans, for my team, ASVEL."

ego
08-18-2011, 02:44 AM
He owns the ASVEL team in France and doesn't want to play for his team. Probably because of the insurance or because he is the owner.

Obviously, he can't play for another team in France than ASVEL so he has to go in another country

After the game against GB, TP said he will take a decision in september but he don't want to play in China but he wants to play for ASVEL.

Mel_13
08-19-2011, 12:14 PM
No China for players under contract

BEIJING -- The Chinese Basketball Association will restrict contracted NBA players from playing for domestic teams in the event the NBA season is canceled, but still will allow free agents, state media reported Friday.

The CBA would bar players under contract such as Kobe Bryant, Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul.

They and others had expressed interest in playing in China if the NBA lockout drags on and results in the cancellation of all or part of the 2011-12 season.

The CBA said it will welcome free-agent NBA players, but will require them to play an entire season in China, the Xinhua News Agency reported.

Xinhua said more restrictions would be announced before the start of the Chinese season on Nov. 20.

It reported contracts would be designed to discourage players from ducking out for dubious reasons, such as suspect injuries or unverified family problems at home.

CBA officials could not be reached immediately for comment.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/6876521/nba-lockout-china-league-bars-players-contract

ChumpDumper
08-19-2011, 04:57 PM
No China for players under contractBack to the drawing board for the players.

Strange move by the CBA.

ElNono
08-19-2011, 05:54 PM
Scola said just that a few days ago. He wanted to go plain in China where he has a sponsorship deal but he aborted when he was told he couldn't leave if the lockout was resolved. So now they're all looking at different leagues in Europe.