PDA

View Full Version : Gov. Perry on specialized plates and the Confederate flag.

JoeChalupa
08-16-2011, 08:49 AM
The governor has to appoint someone to the board that decides on specialized license plates... should he go pro Confederate flag or anti?

I'd never fly or display the Confederate flag but defend one's right to do so.

boutons_deux
08-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Fuck the Confederacy, fuck slave-owners and fuck white supremacist racists.

Fat, decrepit, macho-wannabe bubba jackasses driving around wearing camo and sporting inflammatory, racist confederate flag plates would really up Texas' class and elegance, play into all the stereotypes the rest of country has of backwoods, hicksville Texas.

DarrinS
08-16-2011, 09:29 AM
sigh

Blake
08-16-2011, 10:17 AM
The governor has to appoint someone to the board that decides on specialized license plates... should he go pro Confederate flag or anti?

I'd never fly or display the Confederate flag but defend one's right to do so.

what's up with the confederate flag talk

DMX7
08-16-2011, 10:24 AM
https://secure3.convio.net/pn/images/content/pagebuilder/ConfederateFlag-No.png

https://secure3.convio.net/pn/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=1200

Wild Cobra
08-16-2011, 10:25 AM
Fuck the Confederacy, fuck slave-owners and fuck white supremacist racists.

Fat, decrepit, macho-wannabe bubba jackasses driving around wearing camo and sporting inflammatory, racist confederate flag plates would really up Texas' class and elegance, play into all the stereotypes the rest of country has of backwoods, hicksville Texas.
Wow... You sure are a bigot, aren't you!

ChumpDumper
08-16-2011, 11:32 AM
When is the abortion vacuum plate coming out?

cantthinkofanything
08-16-2011, 11:48 AM
When is the abortion vacuum plate coming out?

:lol

Agloco
08-16-2011, 05:48 PM
sigh

What's to sigh about? I think I'll fly the swastika in the back yard for some shits and giggles (although that would most definitely raise some eyebrows and not for the reasons you think :lol).

Nbadan
08-17-2011, 01:38 AM
Let them fly their stupid flag....helps to i.d. the idiots...

Trainwreck2100
08-17-2011, 01:43 AM
one of the dumbest protests in the world, they lost let em fly their loser colors

RickPerry
08-17-2011, 09:16 AM
Too busy to worry about this right now. I got more important things to do.
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/293610_216504431732311_100001182669412_572999_7740 852_n.jpg

scott
08-17-2011, 09:21 AM
Do they make Spain, France or Mexico Texas license plates also?

xrayzebra
08-17-2011, 09:25 AM

No they fly their flags on the rear view mirror. Along with the big fuzzy
dice.:toast

coyotes_geek
08-17-2011, 09:30 AM

I think you're on to something here. Want a confederate plate? You get one plate with a confederate flag on it and one with a mexican flag on it. It's all about the history, right?

scott
08-17-2011, 09:33 AM
No they fly their flags on the rear view mirror. Along with the big fuzzy
dice.:toast

And people are free to fly Confederate flags on their rear view mirror. Along with a pair of saggy balls on their trailer hitch.

scott
08-17-2011, 09:37 AM
I think you're on to something here. Want a confederate plate? You get one plate with a confederate flag on it and one with a mexican flag on it. It's all about the history, right?

Honestly I'm not up-to-date on this topic... but what is the argument for a Confederate flag?

Honestly, I don't see why anyone would WANT a Confederate flag. I could see someone wanting a sticker of a flag from another country if... you know, they were like... from that country. But as far as I know, no one alive today was born in the Confederate States of America. (Yes, I know the actual reasons people want them... I just personally think those reasons are stupid). In any event, I support the right for anyone to put whatever they want on their car... but our license plates shouldn't bear the colors of other nations (whether they still exist or not).

Spurminator
08-17-2011, 09:38 AM
Small government types seem to be the most needy when it comes to the government putting their favorite symbols all over everything. Get a $1 bumper sticker and shut up.

coyotes_geek
08-17-2011, 10:03 AM
Honestly I'm not up-to-date on this topic... but what is the argument for a Confederate flag?

Honestly, I don't see why anyone would WANT a Confederate flag. I could see someone wanting a sticker of a flag from another country if... you know, they were like... from that country. But as far as I know, no one alive today was born in the Confederate States of America. (Yes, I know the actual reasons people want them... I just personally think those reasons are stupid). In any event, I support the right for anyone to put whatever they want on their car... but our license plates shouldn't bear the colors of other nations (whether they still exist or not).

I agree with you about the reasons why someone would want a CSA flag on their license plate and how most of those reasons are stupid.

That being said I also don't have a problem with a state using their license plates to acknowledge their history, and the CSA is certainly a part of that history. I'm not going to lose any sleep over this one way or the other, but I do think that if Texas is going to allow plates with the confederate flag on it that they should do the same for the other 5 flags that are flying over our state capitol.

JoeChalupa
11-10-2011, 01:32 PM
The Texas Department of Motor Vehicles unanimously denied a Confederate state license plate this morning.

baseline bum
11-10-2011, 01:36 PM
I agree with you about the reasons why someone would want a CSA flag on their license plate and how most of those reasons are stupid.

That being said I also don't have a problem with a state using their license plates to acknowledge their history, and the CSA is certainly a part of that history. I'm not going to lose any sleep over this one way or the other, but I do think that if Texas is going to allow plates with the confederate flag on it that they should do the same for the other 5 flags that are flying over our state capitol.

LOL, that would have been hilarious to see a Texas license plate with the Mexican flag on it.

boutons_deux
11-10-2011, 03:14 PM
"don't have a problem with a state using their license plates to acknowledge their history"

Six Flags of Texas :)