PDA

View Full Version : ESPN.com: Colt McCoy worked with Favre during lockout

CubanMustGo
08-16-2011, 10:15 AM
Interesting. There's more at the site below.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp11/story/_/id/6865710/brett-favre-helped-colt-mccoy-learn-cleveland-browns-new-offense

BEREA, Ohio -- Needing to get up to speed on the Cleveland Browns (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/cle/cleveland-browns)' new complex offense during the offseason, Colt McCoy (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13199/colt-mccoy) sought advice from a West Coast master.

Brett Favre (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/112/brett-favre) was happy to help.

As the league's labor lockout dragged on, McCoy went to Hattiesburg, Miss., and spent a few days with the three-time NFL MVP, who learned the West Coast system while playing for Browns president Mike Holmgren in Green Bay. McCoy gleaned all he could from the-retired-at-the-moment Favre, who won a Super Bowl with Holmgren in 1996.

"Since I couldn't get coached, it was a great opportunity to pick the brain of a guy who played in the system for 20 years," McCoy said through a team spokesman. "It was a chance for me to get a lot of questions answered. We worked on footwork, progressions, reads and things like that. It was definitely a positive trip."

McCoy is expected to offer more on the Favre visit Tuesday.

McCoy looked poised and comfortable in Cleveland's new West Coast offense Saturday night, outshining Super Bowl star Aaron Rodgers (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8439/aaron-rodgers) and was nearly flawless as the Browns beat the Green Bay Packers (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/gb/green-bay-packers) 27-17, making Cleveland rookie coach Pat Shurmur a winner in his first NFL preseason game.

lefty
08-16-2011, 10:27 AM
No more Brett Favre stories

Please

Kirk Nowitzki
08-16-2011, 03:00 PM
He should have asked Favre for advice on how to start almost 300 straight games and not nearly break your neck on QB sneaks.

Blake
08-16-2011, 03:19 PM
I recall someone around here claiming that Colt McCoy was the greatest college QB of all time.

one guess is all you get as to who that is.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-16-2011, 03:54 PM
Tbh he probably played plenty of catch with his daddeh as well

stretch
08-16-2011, 03:56 PM
i recall someone around here claiming that colt mccoy was the greatest college qb of all time.

One guess is all you get as to who that is.

90210?

Blake
08-16-2011, 04:28 PM
90210?

damn, I gave too many hints.

Spursfan092120
08-16-2011, 05:55 PM
I recall someone around here claiming that Colt McCoy was the greatest college QB of all time.

one guess is all you get as to who that is.

You recall incorrectly...as usual. I said he has more wins than anyone in college history...which is fact. I actually think VY was a better college QB than him, and I don't even think VY is the best college QB of all time. But what do I expect from you...all you do is talk shit, anyway.

Blake
08-16-2011, 06:57 PM
You recall incorrectly...as usual. I said he has more wins than anyone in college history...which is fact. I actually think VY was a better college QB than him, and I don't even think VY is the best college QB of all time. But what do I expect from you...all you do is talk shit, anyway.

I can't get this this kind of entertainment on netflix.

IMO...McCoy is the best QB of all time, once again, IMO...

good times.

Spursfan092120
08-16-2011, 07:14 PM
good times.

link or it didn't happen...I don't remember saying that shit..and if I did, I was just talking shit to get a reaction. No way is Colt the best.

Axe Murderer
08-16-2011, 07:26 PM
I'm no UT nuthugger but I can see McCoy putting up some monster numbers this year. He's looked like a beast so far this preseason.

Of course, I could be totally wrong because it's only preseason but he already looks a lot better than he did last year and he plays in a pass happy offense

Blake
08-16-2011, 07:29 PM
link

you're dumber than Aggie fan that can't wait for the giant SEC cock to be shoved up his ass.

Blake
08-16-2011, 07:33 PM
I'm no UT nuthugger but I can see McCoy putting up some monster numbers this year. He's looked like a beast so far this preseason.

Of course, I could be totally wrong because it's only preseason but he already looks a lot better than he did last year and he plays in a pass happy offense

I thought he's looked good in all the games he's played in going back to last year.

Spursfan092120
08-16-2011, 07:54 PM
you're dumber than Aggie fan that can't wait for the giant SEC cock to be shoved up his ass.

thought so...

Blake
08-16-2011, 07:58 PM

4>0rings
08-16-2011, 08:35 PM

lol @ using preseason to determine a players ability

CubanMustGo
08-16-2011, 09:26 PM
lol @ using preseason to determine a players ability

Not only that but using game 1 of preseason :toast

Dr. Gonzo
08-16-2011, 10:08 PM
Not only that but using game 1 of preseason :toast

Techincally wasn't it only like 2 quarters of a preseason game.

Dr. Gonzo
08-16-2011, 10:09 PM
Browns fans better not hope he gets them to a Super Bowl. He would probably fake an injury and sit out.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-16-2011, 10:19 PM
:lol

Blake
08-17-2011, 09:40 AM
How can you say Tommie Frazier had a better college career than Colt McCoy has? In what insane way can you back that up?

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-17-2011, 10:42 AM
link or it didn't happen...I don't remember saying that shit..and if I did, I was just talking shit to get a reaction. No way is Colt the best.
FYI - you can click on the fuckin arrow in the post blake quoted to take you to your actual post, but here's the link:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3889140&postcount=42

Blake
08-17-2011, 10:46 AM
he was just talking shit to get a reaction, tbh

Kermit
08-17-2011, 11:10 AM
Just a quick question.

When I defend Vince, do I come across like 90210? If so, I'll shut the fuck up.

Did you really call Colt the greatest college quarterback of all time? Jesus Christ.

Dr. Gonzo
08-17-2011, 11:21 AM
Just a quick question.

Did you really call Colt the greatest college quarterback of all time? Jesus Christ.

Actually you do.

JoeTait75
08-17-2011, 11:41 AM
Browns fans better not hope he gets them to a Super Bowl. He would probably fake an injury and sit out.

You just put "Browns" and "Super Bowl" in the same sentence.

DeadlyDynasty
08-17-2011, 12:50 PM
You just put "Browns" and "Super Bowl" in the same sentence.

Who gets more W's this year, Browns or Bills?

Sidebet? :lol

JoeTait75
08-17-2011, 12:58 PM
Who gets more W's this year, Browns or Bills?

Sidebet? :lol

I'll say the Browns. Not because they're better than Buffalo, but because they play the NFC West while the Bills play the NFC East.

Then again, the Browns are planning on running a WCO without any wide receivers and a 4-3 without any defensive linemen, which usually doesn't make for many wins.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-17-2011, 01:03 PM
Yeah the Browns running a WCO makes no sense given that their best offensive player is Hillis and they have a good run blacking O-line. They should be trying to run the ball and eat up clock as much as possible.

JoeTait75
08-17-2011, 01:13 PM
That's what annoys me about coaches these days- they're married to "their" system, regardless of the personnel they actually have. It doesn't matter that the Browns don't have the receiving talent to run a WCO, that their strengths are Hillis, the offensive line and the tight ends. Holmgren/Shurmur are "West Coast guys," so dammit, they're going to run a WCO.

Used to be coaches would use their talent to dictate what kind of offense and defense they ran. The Browns ran a 3-4 in the late '70s and '80s not because their defensive coaches were "3-4 guys," but because they had better talent and depth at linebacker than on the DL.

Then again I think Holmgren is just stealing money for his retirement at this point anyway. You watch, he'll blow town in a year or two and this organization will start over yet again.

DeadlyDynasty
08-17-2011, 01:16 PM
The noew KO rules are gonna hurt the Browns more than most teams as well...Cribbs was/is huge for them

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-17-2011, 01:17 PM
What are these kickoff rules I keep hearing about?

DeadlyDynasty
08-17-2011, 01:19 PM

Teams can now elect to kick from the 35 yard line if they so choose. They're trying to cut down on injuries, but eliminating an exciting and important aspect of the game while doing so.

symple19
08-17-2011, 01:20 PM

it's moved to the 35 yd line

Kermit
08-17-2011, 01:22 PM
Teams can now elect to kick from the 35 yard line if they so choose. They're trying to cut down on injuries, but eliminating an exciting and important aspect of the game while doing so.

There is no choice. They have to kick off from the 35.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Bears-refuse-to-bend-to-new-kickoff-rule-told-b?urn=nfl-wp5084

symple19
08-17-2011, 01:22 PM

I don't think you can 'elect' to do it, I think you have to.

DeadlyDynasty
08-17-2011, 01:23 PM
I stand corrected. Still, I don't like it.

Kermit
08-17-2011, 01:25 PM
I stand corrected. Still, I don't like it.

It's a stupid rule.

symple19
08-17-2011, 01:44 PM
I don't like it.

It's a stupid rule.

x's 3

CubanMustGo
08-17-2011, 02:05 PM
If you want to kick from the 30 you can always go offside on the kick, or get a delay of game penalty, etc. I guess the receiving team could decline, tho.

Still, it would be funny to see some of the coaches do this to send the league office a big "SCREW YOU, NFL."

Bill_Brasky
08-17-2011, 04:13 PM
What I think will happen with the new kickoff rule is that kickers will start kicking the ball really high to get a lot of hangtime, but not into the endzone, and that speedy ST players will have less ground to cover and be able to run down and tackle the guy as soon as he catches the ball around the 5/10 yard line.

Spursfan092120
08-17-2011, 06:06 PM
Just a quick question.

No...I didn't. They obviously don't believe it, but I was saying it to get a reaction. I'm not that fucking stupid.

symple19
08-17-2011, 07:32 PM
No...I didn't. They obviously don't believe it, but I was saying it to get a reaction. I'm not that fucking stupid.

yes you did, and yes you are

Blake
08-17-2011, 07:48 PM

we all know you are that stupid, even if I wasn't going to post the following conversation:

Dude..McCoy is a beast. I'll always have a soft spot for Vince and he'll probably always be my favorite for bringing Texas back to the top, but McCoy is better, IMO. Gilbert will be good, but he's no McCoy, man...

I don't know about that.

Do you think Colt could have done what VY did against USC? No way. Colt's a better passer, but VY was the best college QB ever. No QB ever could singlehandedly take-over and dominate games the way VY was able to. Thats why I still would take him over Tebow as well. Tebow is great, but he doesnt just dominate games the way VY would, and has a much more gimmicky system to benefit from. Basically, it's easier to find a gameplan to stop McCoy or Tebow than it is for Vince.

That's a great argument, stretch. It actually kinda made me think about it a bit. You might be right.

if that's a troll job, it's the most boring troll job I have ever seen.

Spursfan092120
08-17-2011, 08:56 PM
we all know you are that stupid
:lol back to the whole "I've never met you, but I know you" thing..always good for a laugh, Blake..always good for a laugh. Why don't you follow me around and obsess like Symple19 has been doing..maybe you'll actually get to know me...wait..no you won't...because you've never met me...and I don't know you. Cause it's a FUCKING INTERNET FORUM :lol

symple19
08-17-2011, 09:05 PM
:lol back to the whole "I've never met you, but I know you" thing..always good for a laugh, Blake..always good for a laugh. Why don't you follow me around and obsess like Symple19 has been doing..maybe you'll actually get to know me...wait..no you won't...because you've never met me...and I don't know you. Cause it's a FUCKING INTERNET FORUM :lol

You, sir, are the gift that keeps on giving :rollin

Maybe you should stick to talking about wrestling

Blake
08-18-2011, 11:27 AM

lmao said to get a reaction

you're stupid because of what you've said on these internets, tbh