PDA

View Full Version : Obama's $1.1 million dollar luxury "jobs" bus partly made in Canada

Capt Bringdown
08-18-2011, 12:47 AM
Gallery: Million-dollar Obama Bus 'made-in-Canada' (http://www.vancouversun.com/opinion/Million+dollar+Obama+made+Canada/5268268/story.html)

The $1.1 million luxury bus that US President Barack Obama is using during his economic recovery bus tour is built in part by Quebec firm Prevost.

http://www.vancouversun.com/opinion/5268311.bin?size=620x400s

Reminds me of this great Onion piece:
Kerry Makes Whistle-Stop Tour From Deck Of Yacht (http://www.theonion.com/articles/kerry-makes-whistlestop-tour-from-deck-of-yacht,1132/)

http://media.theonion.com/images/articles/article/1132/onion_news2706_jpg_250x1000_q85.jpg

ElNono
08-18-2011, 01:10 AM
I think that bus is ridiculous. Get to fucking work.

SnakeBoy
08-18-2011, 01:16 AM
Reminds me of this great Onion piece:

Yes the Onion should have a good time with this. Maybe something along the lines of a black man in a black bus avoiding black neighborhoods.

Capt Bringdown
08-18-2011, 01:29 AM
Yes the Onion should have a good time with this. Maybe something along the lines of a black man in a black bus avoiding black neighborhoods.

There is that and there's also how he's intentionally avoiding Wisconson in yet another big FU to the Democratic base.

TDMVPDPOY
08-18-2011, 01:31 AM
u know that bus aint worth 1.1m, let alone how much they hired the driver, the guy washin the car

if you check all these fools up, all have some family connection with the white house, yeh thats right keeping the money inside the family at the expense of taxpayers...

ElNono
08-18-2011, 01:38 AM
u know that bus aint worth 1.1m, let alone how much they hired the driver, the guy washin the car

if you check all these fools up, all have some family connection with the white house, yeh thats right keeping the money inside the family at the expense of taxpayers...

That would mean he's creating jobs though

Capt Bringdown
08-18-2011, 01:44 AM
After a hard, hard day of delivering pretty speeches, our fearless leader deserves no less than a 1.1 Million dollar Canadian-built luxury bus.

Jimmy Carter's breathing a lot easier now.

Win The Future!

jman3000
08-18-2011, 01:59 AM
From what I read the shell was made in Canada. All the innards/engine/safety equipment was done by a company from Tennessee.

Not like it matters because this is a complete non issue which will only be latched onto by idiots like the OP. :)

SnakeBoy
08-18-2011, 03:33 AM
So what are the odds Obama throws Biden under that bus in favor of someone that might actually help him get reelected?

boutons_deux
08-18-2011, 04:01 AM
In 2004, dubya's campaign bus was from the same Canandian company.

Repugs always bet on the stupidity, ignorance, and amnesia of Human-Americans. They win that bet every time.

Capt Bringdown
08-18-2011, 04:34 AM
In 2004, dubya's campaign bus was from the same Canandian company.

Obamabots pointing at Bush to excuse Obama's latest fuckup.

ChumpDumper
08-18-2011, 04:43 AM
Obamabots pointing at Bush to excuse Obama's latest fuckup.Who can make a bus like that in the states?

Thanks in advance.

ChumpDumper
08-18-2011, 04:48 AM
And did Obama personally order and spec that bus?

Thanks again for your timely and honest and not at all evasive answers.

Fabbs
08-18-2011, 06:28 AM
From what I read the shell was made in Canada. All the innards/engine/safety equipment was done by a company from Tennessee.

Not like it matters because this is a complete non issue which will only be latched onto by idiots like the OP. :)
I think if the shell was made in the U.S. we would have plentiful jobs.

DarrinS
08-18-2011, 07:18 AM
Who can make a bus like that in the states?

Thanks in advance.

I honestly don't give two shits about this bus, but why are you suggesting it couldn't be made in the US?

ChuckD
08-18-2011, 07:30 AM
I honestly don't give two shits about this bus, but why are you suggesting it couldn't be made in the US?

Ed Donovan, a spokesman for the Secret Service, the agency ordering the bus, told me in a telephone interview that Prevost was selected because the model was the only one “to our knowledge that had the payload capacity, (to) handle the weight of the equipment we were going to put on it.”

Bus ado about nothing (http://www.suntimes.com/news/sweet/7131871-452/obamas-bus-part-us-part-canadian.html)

There are multiples of this bus. Once the GOP nominee is determined, he or she will be riding in one JUST like this.

One of the ironies in the Republican complaints: The buses will probably be used for roadtrips by the 2012 GOP presidential nominee, who will be under the protection of the Secret Service. Lynn Sweet

boutons_deux
08-18-2011, 08:48 AM
Fox/Repugs trash talking Barry for using a bus that dubya used is typical distraction, ankle-biting bullshit, with Barry as anti-American-labor while it's the Repugs cuts that will kill 100Ks American jobs.

cheguevara
08-18-2011, 09:00 AM
14 trillion in debt and motherfuckers are worried about a fucking bus

:lmao

boutons_deux
08-18-2011, 09:45 AM
recall that the a/c bill for the dubya/neo-con/oil/MIC wars is $20B/year.

cheguevara
08-18-2011, 10:04 AM
I also recall Dubya rented a squadron of jets to a "mission accomplished" party at a carrier. Do you know how much fuel is for those jets?

you could probably buy 100 buses for the money spent in the "mission accomplished" party :lol

Wild Cobra
08-18-2011, 11:27 AM
I guess he wasn't lying about creating jobs. They're just in Canada and other nations!

I'm sorry Mr. President for calling you a liar.

JoeChalupa
08-18-2011, 11:33 AM
Yeah, Dubya never lied. :lmao

ManuBalboa
08-18-2011, 11:41 AM
14 trillion in debt and motherfuckers are worried about a fucking bus

14 trillion in debt, high unemployment, country falling apart...and motherfuckers be campaigning an' shit. :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

ChumpDumper
08-18-2011, 11:49 AM
I honestly don't give two shits about this bus, but why are you suggesting it couldn't be made in the US?Are you suggesting it can?

Which company could do it right now?

Thanks in advance for your always quick and never disingenuous answer.

ManuBalboa
08-18-2011, 11:51 AM
http://www.texasarmoring.com/

clambake
08-18-2011, 11:54 AM
http://www.texasarmoring.com/

lol

ChumpDumper
08-18-2011, 11:54 AM
http://www.texasarmoring.com/They don't make actual buses, genius. They don't even claim to armor them.

Fail.

ManuBalboa
08-18-2011, 11:57 AM
They don't make actual buses, genius. They don't even claim to armor them.

Fail.

Buy Bus. Armor Bus. Campaign and frolic around Iowa or some shit. Win win for America imo.

ChumpDumper
08-18-2011, 12:00 PM
Buy Bus. Armor Bus. Campaign and frolic around Iowa or some shit. Win win for America imo.You want Obama to personally spec and source the buses used in campaigns.

You're a fucking riot.

George Gervin's Afro
08-18-2011, 12:46 PM
do the ankle biters realize the GOP nominee will get a bus just like this one during the campaign?

DarrinS
08-18-2011, 12:58 PM
Are you suggesting it can?

Which company could do it right now?

Thanks in advance for your always quick and never disingenuous answer.

Obviously, the Canadians have achieved technical superiority in armored bus manufacturing. There are zero companies in the US that can pull off the engineering feat of armoring a custom coach.

ElNono
08-18-2011, 01:00 PM
Canadians have certainly achieved providing healthcare for everybody, cheaper than the US, and without deficit spending. Maybe Barry should get a clue from them on how to pull that one off.

DarrinS
08-18-2011, 01:09 PM
Canadians have certainly achieved providing healthcare for everybody, cheaper than the US, and without deficit spending. Maybe Barry should get a clue from them on how to pull that one off.

3EPd2i4Jshs

ElNono
08-18-2011, 01:17 PM

So you have no counter for 'providing healthcare for everybody, cheaper than the US, and without deficit spending'.

Didn't think you did.

DarrinS
08-18-2011, 01:26 PM
So you have no counter for 'providing healthcare for everybody, cheaper than the US, and without deficit spending'.

Didn't think you did.

Yes, their healthcare and buses are the envy of the world.

ChumpDumper
08-18-2011, 01:28 PM
Obviously, the Canadians have achieved technical superiority in armored bus manufacturing. There are zero companies in the US that can pull off the engineering feat of armoring a custom coach.

:lmaoWhich ones can do it right now?

List them.

TeyshaBlue
They don't make actual buses, genius. They don't even claim to armor them.

Fail.

As an FYI, my nephew used to work for them. They will armor up a tricycle if you pay them to.:lol They armored buses as well.

ElNono

That's not a counter argument.

ChumpDumper
08-18-2011, 01:30 PM
As an FYI, my nephew used to work for them. They will armor up a tricycle if you pay them to.:lol They armored buses as well.Wouldn't doubt it, but whose bus?

LnGrrrR
08-18-2011, 01:30 PM

Maybe you missed this post?

Ed Donovan, a spokesman for the Secret Service, the agency ordering the bus, told me in a telephone interview that Prevost was selected because the model was the only one “to our knowledge that had the payload capacity, (to) handle the weight of the equipment we were going to put on it.”

I'm guessing you can't just take a normal bus frame and throw a few thousand pounds of armor on it.

TeyshaBlue
08-18-2011, 01:32 PM
Wouldn't doubt it, but whose bus?

Dunno...whatever you bring I guess. Just throwing that out there is all.

DarrinS
08-18-2011, 01:34 PM
Maybe you missed this post?

I'm guessing you can't just take a normal bus frame and throw a few thousand pounds of armor on it.

I'm guessing there are numerous American companies that can put in a heavy duty suspension and armor the vehicle.

clambake
08-18-2011, 01:35 PM
darin hates the secret service now.

ChumpDumper
08-18-2011, 01:38 PM
I'm guessing there are numerous American companies that can put in a heavy duty suspension and armor the vehicle.Do you think Obama personally speced and sourced these buses?

DarrinS
08-18-2011, 01:40 PM
As an FYI, my nephew used to work for them. They will armor up a tricycle if you pay them to.:lol They armored buses as well.

America just doesn't possess the technology or knowledge to produce an armored coach.

ChumpDumper
08-18-2011, 01:43 PM
Do you think Obama personally speced and sourced these buses?

DarkReign
08-18-2011, 02:18 PM
I am a supplier to Prevost.

They are basically the North American leader in tour buses and bus transit.

Unsurprising that the WH would call upon the regional leader in the field.

Non story, imo.

ElNono
08-18-2011, 02:19 PM

Non story, imo.

But they're canadians! how could it be???? :dramaquee

DarkReign
08-18-2011, 02:20 PM

Seeing as Prevost manufactures basically every tour bus you'll ever see in NA, yeah, they kind of are the envy of the world as it pertains to buses.

Theyre working on getting the NYC city contract, too.

More money for me.

hater
08-18-2011, 02:27 PM
:lol at idiots refusing to believe canadians could be superior than americans at something.

other things canadians are far superior in:
hockey, bacon, niagara falls entertainment

TeyshaBlue
08-18-2011, 02:35 PM
Bacon! *swoon*

DarkReign
08-18-2011, 02:37 PM
http://www.prevostcar.com/

I have to deal with the French Canadians all the time. Its pronounced, PRAY-VO.

DarrinS
08-18-2011, 04:02 PM

Non story, imo.

I'm quite familiar with them. They are very high-end coaches.

I only took issue with someone saying they couldn't possibly be produced in the US.

LnGrrrR
08-18-2011, 04:50 PM
I'm guessing there are numerous American companies that can put in a heavy duty suspension and armor the vehicle.

I'm sure that the Secret Service did no research to find these companies. "Hey, we have to get a bus made for Obama!"
"Ok, well look under "Buses" in the Yellow Pages and just pick one."

DarrinS
08-18-2011, 05:00 PM
I'm sure that the Secret Service did no research to find these companies. "Hey, we have to get a bus made for Obama!"

The more I think about it, a French-Canadian bus is perfect for this tour.

Agloco
08-18-2011, 05:45 PM

:lol

Agloco
08-18-2011, 05:47 PM
http://www.prevostcar.com/

I have to deal with the French Canadians all the time. Its pronounced, PRAY-VO.

The usual "add in 3-4 silent letters" thing.

ChumpDumper
08-18-2011, 06:49 PM
I'm quite familiar with them. They are very high-end coaches.

I only took issue with someone saying they couldn't possibly be produced in the US.I'm still waiting for you to name a company that could build one to that kind of spec right now.

You must be "quite familiar" with more coach companies.

Wild Cobra
08-18-2011, 09:28 PM
do the ankle biters realize the GOP nominee will get a bus just like this one during the campaign?
Such an expensive armored bus? isn't this a first?

ChumpDumper
08-19-2011, 02:57 AM
Such an expensive armored bus? isn't this a first?Ask the Secret Service.

Capt Bringdown
08-19-2011, 04:33 AM
Austerity for thee, Luxury buses for me.

ChumpDumper
08-19-2011, 09:44 AM
Do you think Obama personally speced and sourced these buses?