PDA

View Full Version : PS3 no reading disc.

SourCandy
08-19-2011, 02:22 PM
A few months ago I got a ps3 and all was well. My nephew and his friends would come by my place and play it once or twice a week. They recently borrowed Call of duty black ops from another friend and really got into the the online gaming aspect. Last week he noticed the cd was not showing in the menu and ejected it and the ps3 tried to read it but nothing happen. He looked at me for answers :lol

So I just made sure the disc was clean and free of scratches and popped it back in and it loaded. Good right? Nope....it had the same problem a week later and the problem persisted till a few days ago. It stopped loading period. I was thinking, was this some bootleg or something? But the disc looks legit. I loaded some other games (3) and the ps3 was able to read them with out trouble. So the system is just having trouble reading the COD disc.

The other day I got curious and wondered what would happen if I got another COD disc. So I rented it at the nearby red box. Guess what it loaded..

Not only that but it loaded fine the other few times as well. I popped in the disc that I had trouble with before and it still does not read. So it has to be a problem with the disc right? The disc looks identical and like I said clean and scratch free. why would this happen? My nephew gonna have to basically buy a new cod game? Well not new but used.

Just wondering if you guys have heard of this problem before. Did a little research online but most were dated in march nothing to recent.

stretch
08-19-2011, 02:24 PM
reason why girls and technology dont mix

Creepn
08-19-2011, 03:05 PM
Wow....seriously OP?

PM5K
08-19-2011, 03:27 PM
Did I miss something? They borrowed a disk that doesn't work. Tell them to return it and buy them one that does.

Frenzy
08-19-2011, 03:46 PM
Did I miss something? They borrowed a disk that doesn't work. Tell them to return it and buy them one that does.

Yeah you missed the part where she said it worked before :lol

To my knowledge cds just don't stop working unless physical damage comes to them. Least in my experience.

ElNono
08-19-2011, 03:55 PM
http://www.thetechgame.com/Forums/p=4944366.html

TDMVPDPOY
08-20-2011, 02:27 AM
soudcandy pls post up full body pic b4 i will be able to help you...

jimo2305
08-20-2011, 01:30 PM
http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss124/Grossherzogtum_Neupreussens/DAUGHTER-I-AM-DISAPPOINT.jpg

Fpoonsie
08-20-2011, 01:35 PM
You said they borrowed this game? Does that particular disc work for whomever they borrowed it from on THEIR PS3?

SourCandy
08-22-2011, 11:10 AM
You said they borrowed this game? Does that particular disc work for whomever they borrowed it from on THEIR PS3?

I didn't know at the time if the disc worked in their console. I didn't want to tell them it didn't work in mine cause they would think I broke it :lol
I gave it back to them over the weekend and tried it in their console and it worked. They have the earlier model(dunno if that makes a difference) I have the later slim model. I asked some guy at game stop and he said something that sounded strange and said something about the lens being bigger in the older model :lol uh ok

Any who I just bought another one it's not like I lost anything I just found it weird it woked in one and not the other.

Tinystarz
08-23-2011, 04:56 PM
What a helpful bunch a sc