PDA

View Full Version : Plus/Minus, Game 2 NBA Finals: Spurs 97, Pistons 76

FromWayDowntown
06-13-2005, 11:24 AM
Again, the numbers tell the story, but really show, I think that the Spurs put it on the Pistons most when Horry was in the game and Rasheed was out. Also shows, I think, that Beno did a nice job of keeping the ship afloat (and was actually on the floor for stretches where the Spurs increased their lead) -- an underrated effort from Beno.

For your consumption, the Game 2 plus/minus:

Spurs
+25 -- Ginobili
+18 -- Bowen
+18 -- Duncan
+17 -- Horry
+14 -- Parker
+8 -- Udrih
+7 -- Mohammed
EVEN -- Barry
EVEN -- Robinson
EVEN -- Nesterovic
-1 -- Brown
-1 -- Massenburg

Pistons
+2 -- Hunter
EVEN -- Milicic
EVEN -- Dupree
-2 -- Ham
-5 -- Arroyo
-7 -- R. Wallace
-14 -- McDyess
-17 -- Hamilton
-19 -- B. Wallace
-21 -- Billups
-22 -- Prince

The cumulative numbers, through 2 games:

Spurs
+42 -- Ginobili
+29 -- Duncan
+29 -- Parker
+29 -- Horry
+24 -- Bowen
+11 -- Mohammed
+11 -- Robinson
+8 -- Udrih
+3 -- Nesterovic
-1 -- Massenburg
-2 -- Barry
-3 -- Brown

Pistons
EVEN -- Milicic
-1 -- Dupree
-3 -- Ham
-7 -- Hunter
-8 -- Arroyo
-8 -- R. Wallace
-23 -- McDyess
-27 -- Billups
-29 -- Hamilton
-36 -- Prince
-38 -- B. Wallace

picnroll
06-13-2005, 11:27 AM
Good to see Darko holding his own. lol

Anybody have the effiency ratings for Ginobili for the playoffs and so far for the finals?

Solid D
06-13-2005, 11:49 AM
One note regarding Brent and Beno. Although they both made mistakes on D and gave up some points on their watch, their passing and ball reversals were important to key Spurs buckets. Barry was "EVEN" on +/1 but he had a couple of steals because of recognition and anticipation. Brent's 5 assists (one after a steal and nice throw-ahead to Beno for a fastbreak layup) cannot be ignored. Hey 22% of the assists ain't that bad and 2 of them led to Gino 3-pointers.

wildbill2u
06-13-2005, 12:22 PM
Pistons must feel like they are squeezing a balloon. Cut off the air at one point and something else pops up at the other end. They have yet to see Barry raining threes or Big Dog making jumpers (and blocking shots)--but that could easily come in one of the next games.

WalterBenitez
06-13-2005, 12:45 PM
Darko was a #2 pick, Am I right? if so, he's doing pretty well :lol

FromWayDowntown
06-13-2005, 09:18 PM
One note regarding Brent and Beno. Although they both made mistakes on D and gave up some points on their watch, their passing and ball reversals were important to key Spurs buckets. Barry was "EVEN" on +/1 but he had a couple of steals because of recognition and anticipation. Brent's 5 assists (one after a steal and nice throw-ahead to Beno for a fastbreak layup) cannot be ignored. Hey 22% of the assists ain't that bad and 2 of them led to Gino 3-pointers.

I agree with your observation. I thought that, even without scoring, Brent Barry played a nice game last night and sustained some runs with a couple of his steals. I guess, instead of looking at his 0 in the points column, I saw the 5 in the assists column and figured he produced 10 points; and 10 points is 10 points.

It was the kind of "floor game" performance that I've hoped Brent could bring to the Spurs.