PDA

View Full Version : Koriwhat tattoo help

Nathan89
08-21-2011, 03:08 AM
http://tattoo.about.com/od/tattoosgeneralinfo/ht/beatattooartist.htm

Many of them make the mistake of buying a kit and practicing on their friends, which is very dangerous. Many of these people never become truly successful at tattooing anyway, and never acquire the skills necessary to compete in this highly competitive business.

Seems to me that becoming a tattoo artist can take awhile and I figured we could speed the process up with this list.

I'm most interest in knowing if you have compiled a portfolio of your art work. If so did you show this to professionals to get a apprenticeship? Show more art if you please. Why don't you have a apprenticeship? Are they trying to make you pay them?

IMHO, an apprenticeship seems essential to becoming a really good tattoo artist. I say you should keep practicing your tats on whoever will allow you. Also keep working on your art. Make a portfolio out of your art and your tattoos. Take better pictures of your tattoos. Make sure to arrange your tattoo work in chronological order so they can see your progress(keep the shitty art out but the progress in tattoos is good so show most them). Show your stuff and hope to get apprenticeship. In the mean time you need to save money in case they want to make you pay up.:toast

TDMVPDPOY
08-21-2011, 04:29 AM
i always wonder why ppl who do graffiti and stencil art...not become tattoo artists?

DMC
08-21-2011, 12:20 PM
I wonder why people give a fuck about what Koriwhat does. It's his gig, I say let him be.

cantthinkofanything
08-22-2011, 08:55 AM
I wonder why people give a fuck about what Koriwhat does. It's his gig, I say let him be.

I agree. Busting on KW's tatoo skills (or lack thereof) is older than cantthinkofanything's momma joke schtick. wait...

SourCandy
08-22-2011, 11:12 AM
I say let him be.

not on this msg board. :lol

BlackSwordsMan
08-22-2011, 11:14 AM
Sourcandy!

BlackSwordsMan
08-22-2011, 11:14 AM
I want you to impregnate me.

cheguevara
08-22-2011, 11:15 AM
what's sadder koriwhat or the ppl that obsess with him?

BlackSwordsMan
08-22-2011, 11:15 AM
cheguevara is my answer

SourCandy
08-22-2011, 11:24 AM
your a weird one Black

koriwhat
02-29-2012, 02:04 AM
yall are some lame hating motherfuckers... i wanna see yall pull off what i just finished.

http://i44.tinypic.com/72f8kp.jpg

first it was boxing, then tattooing... what next will yall motivate me to do?

koriwhat
02-29-2012, 02:05 AM
yo blackfaggot, let's see your punkass go post this on that forum. you better step off that soap box of yours homie.

Landon Donofag
02-29-2012, 02:19 AM
yall are some lame hating motherfuckers... i wanna see yall pull off what i just finished.

http://i.imgur.com/BuuTg.jpg

koriwhat
02-29-2012, 02:35 AM
this shit's too fun

Goran Dragic
02-29-2012, 08:44 AM
I agree. Busting on KW's tatoo skills (or lack thereof) is older than cantthinkofanything's momma joke schtick. wait...
The difference being the calf tat shtick actually had a time when it was funny.

MavDynasty
02-29-2012, 10:09 AM
Although I'd never get a snake tat, it doesn't look bad. You're improving imho

Goran Dragic
02-29-2012, 10:15 AM
Yeah tbh a grown ass man paying money for a snake tat on his arm has issues :lmao

MavDynasty
02-29-2012, 10:32 AM
:lol

leemajors
02-29-2012, 10:42 AM
you shoulda make it a cobra kai tat and told him to fuck off if he didn't like it

stretch
02-29-2012, 11:20 AM

you must have a sad life, to have to be motivated by an internet forum to raise your own standards of life, from being a secretary to a boxer/tattoo artist.

stretch
02-29-2012, 11:22 AM

and fwiw, this is pretty good actually, a massive improvement from your previous work. still a bit cartoonish looking, but more than acceptable.

dirk4mvp
02-29-2012, 11:47 AM
Who gets random tattoos of snakes?

HarlemHeat37
02-29-2012, 12:16 PM
:lol either koriwhat's friends are douchy enough to request a random snake tattoo on a body part..or they felt bad enough to request one of the few tattoos that koriwhat could actually successfully draw, to boost his self-esteem:lol..

koriwhat
03-01-2012, 02:31 AM
:lol either koriwhat's friends are douchy enough to request a random snake tattoo on a body part..or they felt bad enough to request one of the few tattoos that koriwhat could actually successfully draw, to boost his self-esteem:lol..

you talk a lot of shit for not knowing anything at all about the industry or the trade. doubt you could replicate that snake with a crayon considering "how easy" it is.

learn a thing or two before you go talking out your ass about shit you can't even relate to.

maybe you should stick to basketball, behind your lcd.

HarlemHeat37
03-01-2012, 02:52 AM
:lol I bet I have more tattoos than you do, tbh..

According to you, I essentially motivated you to become a better artist..I posted your work on a tattoo forum, they took a shit all over you, and you responded by improving your skills from terrible to seemingly below average..you should thank me, tbh..

:lol bumping a thread from August..
:lol motivated by SpursTalk..

FkLA
03-01-2012, 03:02 AM
is that the gspot on sw military k-dub? the wall, furniture, and floor colors are exactly the same as the gspots tbh

HarlemHeat37
03-01-2012, 03:03 AM
so word on the street, harlemho, is that you're a complete loser who has way too much time on his hands and a very bad case of koriwhatitis... you're signing up on multiple forum's as yours truly, trying to run my name into the mud before i can even make a name for myself?

what gives man? are you in the industry, are you just some punk kid which i lay odds you'd have to be to do such things, or do you truly just despise me so much you'd waste time with such bs?

whatever it is, fuck you! i'm going to pray night and day that you end up in a fiery head on wreck and you never see the light of day again. i'm not even religious but it's worth a shot.

:lol:lol:lolmotivation:lol:lol:lol

koriwhat
03-01-2012, 03:06 AM
:lol I bet I have more tattoos than you do, tbh..

According to you, I essentially motivated you to become a better artist..I posted your work on a tattoo forum, they took a shit all over you, and you responded by improving your skills from terrible to seemingly below average..you should thank me, tbh..

:lol bumping a thread from August..
:lol motivated by SpursTalk..

the amount of tattoo's you have has no correlation with the actual process of tattooing or knowing your history of this trade. assuming they both go hand in hand is ignorant, but then again, you are harlemho and it's not out of your repertoire.

hey, when you want those shitty tattoo's covered up, come by the shop.

koriwhat
03-01-2012, 03:07 AM
is that the gspot on sw military k-dub? the wall, furniture, and floor colors are exactly the same as the gspots tbh

nah, but i've heard that before.

koriwhat
03-01-2012, 03:07 AM
btw, i'm dead serious harlemho. i'll hook you up.

Wild Cobra
03-01-2012, 07:03 AM

Looks like one Wild Cobra to me...

That's scary. Why am I on that arm?

mouse
03-01-2012, 10:27 AM
btw, i'm dead serious harlemho. i'll hook you up.

you go boy!

RGMCSE
03-01-2012, 11:36 AM

http://i44.tinypic.com/72f8kp.jpghttp://www.internationalhero.co.uk/m/mitymous.jpg

Reck
02-09-2018, 02:17 PM

Give this poor's man money back. That's a shitty tattoo on more than just quality.

Chucho
02-09-2018, 02:36 PM
You went back to find a 5 year old thread? Why?

Reck
02-09-2018, 02:54 PM

Tbh, I dont know what happened there. I meant to reply to a bumped post on the political forum with that picture and somehow ended up here. :lol

Chucho
02-09-2018, 03:08 PM
Oh. LOL. I thought that pic was from recent work he did. Maybe he got better.

I'm heavily tattooed, and that's mid-level work. It's not bad at all, but not $100+ per hour work.

Chucho
02-09-2018, 03:11 PM
Needs more skin breaks tbh.

koriwhat
02-09-2018, 03:13 PM
Oh. LOL. I thought that pic was from recent work he did. Maybe he got better.

I'm heavily tattooed, and that's mid-level work. It's not bad at all, but not $100+ per hour work.

lmao that was a tattoo i did prior to tattooing... hahaha btw, it's a sailor jerry design. i posted a recent video, a few weeks back, of a piece i am working presently.

hey reck, rent free is great!

koriwhat
02-09-2018, 03:15 PM
Needs more skin breaks tbh.

do you mainly have traditional work on you? i utilize empty space more so than others for highlights and whatnot whereas most will color bomb instead.

Chucho
02-09-2018, 03:16 PM
lmao that was a tattoo i did prior to tattooing... hahaha btw, it's a sailor jerry design. i posted a recent video, a few weeks back, of a piece i am working presently.

hey reck, rent free is great!

you don't have a portfolio? every tattoo artist has their phones on standby to whip their portfolios out.

and you still need more skin breaks in a solid mass of black, that's just traditional 10, bruh.

Chucho
02-09-2018, 03:17 PM
do you mainly have traditional work on you? i utilize empty space more so than others for highlights and whatnot whereas most will color bomb instead.

75% of my work is traditional. even have oliver peck work on my leg, it's a snake too. skin breaks are just traditional 101

koriwhat
02-09-2018, 03:26 PM
75% of my work is traditional. even have oliver peck work on my leg, it's a snake too. skin breaks are just traditional 101

you're not telling me anything i don't already know... it's called the rule of 3.

i have oliver's mentor's work on me. :)

btw, i basically try my hand at most styles except neo-traditional, because i don't like full color saturation and distorted imagery, and script, because i never really practiced calligraphy but need to seeing as it's a money maker.

koriwhat
02-09-2018, 03:33 PM
did this at the end of last year sometime, maybe october? anyhow, i love covering up/revamping/fixing tattoo's as well as portrait work.

dude came in with spotty line work from the shop down the street and left with a fixer-upper that cost him $20 more than he spent originally. too bad he got duped by the other shop. (for reference... another sailor jerry design)
http://i68.tinypic.com/350qxx1.jpg

Reck
02-09-2018, 03:35 PM
did this at the end of last year sometime, maybe october? anyhow, i love covering up/revamping/fixing tattoo's as well as portrait work.

dude came in with spotty line work from the shop down the street and left with a fixer-upper that cost him $20 more than he spent originally. too bad he got duped by the other shop. (for reference... another sailor jerry design)

Alright this one is not bad. A lot more cleaner.

koriwhat
02-09-2018, 03:39 PM

I'd hope so consider that snake was literally before i knew anything at all about tattooing... gonna keep trolling reck or can we all drop the bs already and be civilized(that includes me)?

Chucho
02-09-2018, 03:40 PM

Good stuff. Looks loads better and skin breaks!

koriwhat
02-09-2018, 03:50 PM
Good stuff. Looks loads better and skin breaks!

this is what the trolls overlooked a week ago because it doesn't fit their narrative... lol

https://streamable.com/s/ohzg1/uiansg

Isitjustme?
02-09-2018, 04:19 PM

Thats not bad

You were butchering people for a while when you started

koriwhat
02-09-2018, 04:24 PM
Thats not bad

You were butchering people for a while when you started

i've never butchered anyone. never have i scarred someone, caused an infection, or worse. never ever, not even when i was first starting out. your definition of "butchering people" is so far out there.

either way, thanks.

Chucho
02-09-2018, 04:29 PM
That Scarface is nice. That's worth $100-150 per hr.

koriwhat
02-09-2018, 04:37 PM
That Scarface is nice. That's worth $100-150 per hr.

thanks chucho. i only charge $100/hr and rarely do i work by the hour. i usually just quote pieces straight up. i'm a very reasonably priced tattooer. you could actually say i shoot myself in the foot daily with the prices i give. i'm ok with it if it keeps me working though because i just love to tattoo.

that rose was $60 for that original spotty outline from that other shop... my minimum is $60. so i fixed that rose for a mere $20 over my minimum. anywhere else would've charged at minimum $150 to fix that rose but i'd wager they'd charge more like $200-250.

pgardn
02-09-2018, 04:47 PM
No one puts Fckn paint or scars on my body except accidents. Preferably outdoor encounters/accidents with giant fish.

The above being stated I could never get close to having the patience or creativity or dexterity to ever pull anything off like a snake or a rose or say hello to my little friend.
Way too difficult.

Chucho
02-09-2018, 04:49 PM
No one puts Fckn paint or scars on my body except accidents. Preferably outdoor encounters/accidents with giant fish.

Fish aren't meant to be Avante'd.

spurraider21
02-09-2018, 07:41 PM
Now That's What You Call Rent-Free

Avante
02-10-2018, 01:01 AM
The thing with a tatto is when ya think it's a great idea and know the ones ya want, you won't always be that person. You will change, but not that tattoo.

I always see tattoos as trying too hard.

Stupid is having them on your neck, face which tells a potential employer you're an idiot.

Chucho
02-10-2018, 11:51 AM
The thing with a tatto is when ya think it's a great idea and know the ones ya want, you won't always be that person. You will change, but not that tattoo.

Stupid is having them on your neck, face which tells a potential employer you're an idiot.

You see tattoos as a way of separating those of age and those you can molest.

FkLA
02-10-2018, 11:56 AM
KDub honing those skills imo.

Avante
02-10-2018, 04:26 PM
You see tattoos as a way of separating those of age and those you can molest.

Dude, we all can see your problems, ok, but stick to the topic of a thread, ok ya sick fuck?

koriwhat
02-10-2018, 04:40 PM
Dude, we all can see your problems, ok, but stick to the topic of a thread, ok ya sick fuck?

fuck this thread and fuck its topic.

Avante
02-10-2018, 04:51 PM
fuck this thread and fuck its topic.

Got to be a blues song there somewhere....

woke up this mornin'
bout the break a day
got on the internet
tryin' to type my blues away

saw this thread
as fucked as can be
now I hang my head and moan n' groan
in misery

fuck this thread
fuck the topic too
now here I sit
so sad and blue

koriwhat
02-10-2018, 04:55 PM

woke up this mornin'
bout the break a day
got on the internet

saw this thread
as fucked as can be
in misery

fuck this thread
fuck the topic too
now here I sit
so sad and blue

good attempt... i'm not sad nor blue but good attempt regardless avante. btw, my reply earlier wasn't directed towards you or anyone tbh. just a statement made.

Xevious
02-11-2018, 01:44 AM
this is what the trolls overlooked a week ago because it doesn't fit their narrative... lol

https://streamable.com/s/ohzg1/uiansg
I'm not a tattoo guy, but I'm always impressed by accurate looking portraits, and that one is nice. Props.

pgardn
02-11-2018, 10:30 AM
I'm not a tattoo guy, but I'm always impressed by accurate looking portraits, and that one is nice. Props.

So I guess tattoo artistry has not reached the impressionistic level.
So you can't get a bad tattoo and explain away the deeper meaning.
Well that sucks.

koriwhat
02-11-2018, 04:25 PM
So I guess tattoo artistry has not reached the impressionistic level.

you're really hard up for that van gogh huh? come in, walk ins welcome!

koriwhat
02-11-2018, 04:26 PM

:tu

thanks man... i am striving to get better daily. i never like anything i do tbh.

DJR210
02-11-2018, 08:28 PM

:lol why do you always feel the need to come in and be this pseudo-voice of wisdom talking down to everyone else? So fucking what if they like tats, or where they put them, you had sex with underage bar girls in Vietnam. Girls forced to take part in the tourist sex trade.. Let that sink in a second.

Don't throw stones you sick mother fucker

Chucho
02-11-2018, 11:11 PM
:lol why do you always feel the need to come in and be this pseudo-voice of wisdom talking down to everyone else? So fucking what if they like tats, or where they put them, you had sex with underage bar girls in Vietnam. Girls forced to take part in the tourist sex trade.. Let that sink in a second.

Don't throw stones you sick mother fucker

:lol

pgardn
02-12-2018, 12:00 AM
you're really hard up for that van gogh huh? come in, walk ins welcome!

Pass.

But it does honestly seem incredibly difficult.
And that definitely looks like Al.
I bet really black people are difficult. I guess white ink or whatever... I don't know wt shit I'm talking about here.

Anyways, I could not do that with all the lessons in the world, even on a flat sheet of paper.

pgardn
02-12-2018, 12:03 AM

woke up this mornin'
bout the break a day
got on the internet

saw this thread
as fucked as can be
in misery

fuck this thread
fuck the topic too
now here I sit
so sad and blue

Everybody join in, let him hear you now...

And ah five, and ah six,

koriwhat
02-12-2018, 02:40 PM
Pass.

But it does honestly seem incredibly difficult.
And that definitely looks like Al.
I bet really black people are difficult. I guess white ink or whatever... I don't know wt shit I'm talking about here.

Anyways, I could not do that with all the lessons in the world, even on a flat sheet of paper.

you know, van gogh isn't my taste but whatever. painting a van gogh vs tattooing one is a whole 'nother ball game.

as well, when it comes to darker skin it's def a challenge. you have to think more simple though... for ex; a black & grey piece would normally take 4-5 ink caps of differing tones vs 2-3 ink caps for darker skin. fun nonetheless!

it's def not easy working on people; thin skin vs tough skin, old skin vs young skin, dry skin vs oily skin, pain tolerance, placement, etc... tons of variables involved even for the smallest of tattoos.