PDA

View Full Version : NFL is so soft

PGDynasty24
08-21-2011, 09:27 PM
This ish is getting ridiculous. You can't touch a QB,you can't lay out a receiver, you can no longer return kickoffs because of these new rules and now you can't even run without a helmet. Roger Goodell you suck!

LakerHater
08-21-2011, 09:35 PM
the no helmet rule was in place!
QB rules you can thank pussy brady!

The kickoffs, well, thats jus stupid!! soon theyll go CFL rules!!

ace3g
08-21-2011, 10:02 PM
dfETi_owX_Y

JoeTait75
08-21-2011, 10:15 PM
dfETi_owX_Y

OMG, are they serious? What a terrible rule.

Plus I just know at some point the Browns are going to get screwed by this rule in a critical situation.

DeadlyDynasty
08-21-2011, 10:29 PM
What a fucking joke. Well, I hope all those twinks who were crying about how violent the game was last year are happy now.

Pretty soon we'll have flag football...although some here would probably like it cause there'll be no concussions :cry

spursreport
08-21-2011, 10:45 PM

Why dont you just shut the fuck up you dumbass Giants fan. You sit here bash everyone else but you gloat about your team like a fucking prick. What has your team done since that fluke superbowl? A biased Giants fan like you is annoying. You bash everyone else but get defensive when they bash your own team. Fucking hypocrite. :rolleyes

LakerHater
08-22-2011, 12:36 AM
Why dont you just shut the fuck up you dumbass Giants fan. You sit here bash everyone else but you gloat about your team like a fucking prick. What has your team done since that fluke superbowl? A biased Giants fan like you is annoying. You bash everyone else but get defensive when they bash your own team. Fucking hypocrite. :rolleyes
WTF are you talkin bout!?!?! :rolleyes

:lol You really dont know me then!!

lefty
08-22-2011, 08:27 AM

Go CFL ! :D

Spursfan092120
08-22-2011, 09:59 AM

You're thinking of Timmy2ZO, dumbass. Lakerhater doesn't bash other NFL teams...he'll talk a little trash every now and then, just like everyone else, but he doesn't bash anyone. Head out of ass and pay attention, please.

ginobili's bald spot
08-22-2011, 01:24 PM
The NFL has been going down this road for a while now, which is why I prefer college football.

stretch
08-22-2011, 02:11 PM
The NFL has been going down this road for a while now, which is why I prefer college football.

yeah ive definitely been liking college football more and more these days, although not neccesarily because of these rule changes. i just like how each game in college is more meaningful, and generally, the players play their asses off every down, whereas there are tons of players taking plays off in the NFL, now that they are getting paid. just not as much consistent energy and effort being put forth.

Monostradamus
08-22-2011, 02:20 PM
:cry why wont these soft pussies damage each other's brains/bodies and suffer for the rest of their lives in order to amuse me???

stretch
08-22-2011, 03:05 PM
:cry why wont these soft pussies damage each other's brains/bodies and suffer for the rest of their lives in order to amuse me???

+1

say a guy with no helmet gets a helmet-to-head collision from a meathead like James Harrison (which would have a very high chance of happening considering what a faggot he is), dude could be fucked up for life.

people talk about old school guys being so much tougher, but thats bullshit too because players in the 70s werent as big, strong, or fast as players are today, thanks to the advancement in technology, training routines, and a number of other factors. taking a hard hit from a 70s player as opposed to a hard hit from modern guys like Rodney Harrison or Brian Dawkins is likely a much different story, and much more impactful on the recipient.

and people whining about the kick returning stuff is retarded. its made an increased number of touchbacks, but not as much as they make it out to be. before, like around 15% of kicks would be touchbacks. last I heard, around 30% of them are touchbacks so far in the preseason. so 60-70% of the time they still get to return kicks.

JoeTait75
08-22-2011, 03:14 PM
+1

say a guy with no helmet gets a helmet-to-head collision from a meathead like James Harrison (which would have a very high chance of happening considering what a faggot he is), dude could be fucked up for life.

people talk about old school guys being so much tougher, but thats bullshit too because players in the 70s werent as big, strong, or fast as players are today, thanks to the advancement in technology, training routines, and a number of other factors. taking a hard hit from a 70s player as opposed to a hard hit from modern guys like Rodney Harrison or Brian Dawkins is likely a much different story, and much more impactful on the recipient.

and people whining about the kick returning stuff is retarded. its made an increased number of touchbacks, but not as much as they make it out to be. before, like around 15% of kicks would be touchbacks. last I heard, around 30% of them are touchbacks so far in the preseason. so 60-70% of the time they still get to return kicks.

Wait a minute. Guys headhunting is one thing. But this rule just distorts the game way too much.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-22-2011, 03:18 PM
+1

Even with the part about the 70s players being 100% true, guys who played in the 70s and 80s are suffering from the effects of injuries we simply weren't aware of at the time. The big difference is the fact no one realized that concussions had a long term effect back then if one person got enough of them.

If you hate the NFL rule changes, don't point your finger at the NFL. Blame head hunters like picklebreath Ward or James Harrison who openly admit that they don't wanna just hit someone hard enough to tackle them/cause them to drop the ball/block them, their intent is to hurt the guy they're hitting. If the NFL didn't have guys like James Harrison/Ward/half the Steelers' roster they wouldn't need so many of these rules.

If you hate the new kickoff return rule, blame people for doing shit like the Jets' dumbfuck strength coach for tripping a player who was running at full speed.

stretch
08-22-2011, 03:24 PM
Wait a minute. Guys headhunting is one thing. But this rule just distorts the game way too much.

Only issue I would have with this rule is if players decide to just start ripping the helmet off of running backs to have them counted as being down. Then there could be a problem...

stretch
08-22-2011, 03:24 PM
Even with the part about the 70s players being 100% true, guys who played in the 70s and 80s are suffering from the effects of injuries we simply weren't aware of at the time. The big difference is the fact no one realized that concussions had a long term effect back then if one person got enough of them.

If you hate the NFL rule changes, don't point your finger at the NFL. Blame head hunters like picklebreath Ward or James Harrison who openly admit that they don't wanna just hit someone hard enough to tackle them/cause them to drop the ball/block them, their intent is to hurt the guy they're hitting. If the NFL didn't have guys like James Harrison/Ward/half the Steelers' roster they wouldn't need so many of these rules.

If you hate the new kickoff return rule, blame people for doing shit like the Jets' dumbfuck strength coach for tripping a player who was running at full speed.

:toast

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Only issue I would have with this rule is if players decide to just start ripping the helmet off of running backs to have them counted as being down. Then there could be a problem...
Any defender who would do that and risk the high probability of a face masking penalty is retarded anyway tbh.

Being able to rip someone's helmet off without grabbing any facemask would require plenty of skill :lol

stretch
08-22-2011, 03:50 PM
Any defender who would do that and risk the high probability of a face masking penalty is retarded anyway tbh.

Being able to rip someone's helmet off without grabbing any facemask would require plenty of skill :lol

Yeah, I doubt anyone would be that retarded to resort to something like that, but I wouldn't put it past a shitbag team like the Steelers to start holding 8 hour practice sessions on how to rip helmets off without grabbing the facemask.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
08-22-2011, 04:45 PM

Or just brute strength.

Suh ripped off the gingers helmet and I don't think his hands touched his helmet.

pawe
08-22-2011, 06:16 PM
Im ok with making the league more safer specially the leading with the head and hitting a defenseless WR but the only rule I dont like is when a defensive player gets penalized when he accidentally taps a qb's helmet.

And, facemask is a major penalty but grabbing hair is not because they said its a part of the uniform?

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-22-2011, 06:19 PM
Grabbing hair shouldn't be a penalty. If a player doesn't want his hair grabbed, he should cut it.

pawe
08-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Grabbing the hair and grabbing the facemask can both make the neck move in an unnatural motion. So if they advocate player safety, make it a penalty instead of leaving it up to the individual to take action.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-22-2011, 07:53 PM
The facemask is a necessary piece of equipment players need to have, ###### hair that runs down a players' back isn't necessary. It's not a legit comparison.

spursreport
08-22-2011, 08:02 PM
You're thinking of Timmy2ZO, dumbass. Lakerhater doesn't bash other NFL teams...he'll talk a little trash every now and then, just like everyone else, but he doesn't bash anyone. Head out of ass and pay attention, please.

Look at you so quick to defend that cocksucker. He disrespects EVERY team but his own. He is a biased little prick. The dumbfuck doesn't even put Aaron Rodgers in the elite class. Head out of ass and pay attention, please, Brannon you stupid fuck.

spursreport
08-22-2011, 08:10 PM
WTF are you talkin bout!?!?! :rolleyes

:lol You really dont know me then!!

you have the balls to call out Brady, but the qb of your team is an even bigger pussy. Just STFU you piece of shit.:rolleyes

Creepn
08-22-2011, 09:28 PM
The facemask is a necessary piece of equipment players need to have, ###### hair that runs down a players' back isn't necessary. It's not a legit comparison.

Damn was that really necessary? Come on now.

Spursfan092120
08-22-2011, 09:39 PM
Look at you so quick to defend that cocksucker. He disrespects EVERY team but his own. He is a biased little prick. The dumbfuck doesn't even put Aaron Rodgers in the elite class. Head out of ass and pay attention, please, Brannon you stupid fuck.
:lol..not about paying attention...basically it's calling you out for being obsessed with Giants fans. Sad for a guy who's a fan of what is supposed to be the "Dream Team" of the NFL...and if you're talking about "Elite" being on the level of Manning and Brady, I don't call him elite either, because he hasn't gotten there. Once more..head out of ass, you stupid fuck. :lol

Spursfan092120
08-22-2011, 09:41 PM
you have the balls to call out Brady, but the qb of your team is an even bigger pussy. Just STFU you piece of shit.:rolleyes

http://pineappleope.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/internet.jpg

spursreport
08-22-2011, 10:27 PM
:lol..not about paying attention...basically it's calling you out for being obsessed with Giants fans. Sad for a guy who's a fan of what is supposed to be the "Dream Team" of the NFL...and if you're talking about "Elite" being on the level of Manning and Brady, I don't call him elite either, because he hasn't gotten there. Once more..head out of ass, you stupid fuck. :lol

Says the dumbfuck who posts his picture on this site and talks about making big bucks while working 3-4 days a week. Brannon....:lol

Spursfan092120
08-22-2011, 10:40 PM
Says the dumbfuck who posts his picture on this site and talks about making big bucks while working 3-4 days a week. Brannon....:lol

Um...yeah? I fail to see the insult in this post. Can you please elaborate? I posted my picture on this site because I don't give a fuck who sees it. Others have done the same. And yeah, I used to make good money when I worked for my ex wife's grandfather...but I divorced her..ipso facto, I don't work for him anymore. Not sure what that has to do with you getting your head out of your ass...in fact, makes me think you buried it even deeper...do we need to talk louder so you can hear us?

DeadlyDynasty
08-22-2011, 11:22 PM

Jesus fucking christ, mono...how do you still not get the point, and when did you become a soccer mom and the patron saint of the NFLPA? :cry

All these rules (with exception of the new KO rule) are going to do absolutely dick to bring down the # of concussions and other injuries. If you'd stop acting like a bleeding twat and open your slanty fuckin eyes for a second, you'd see this.

There was a running back (Johnny White) who was tackled and his head hit the turf this past weekend. He sustained a concussion and was backboarded and carted off. What do you propose the NFL should do about his case? Concussions (much) more commonly come from the simplest of hits, be them routine tackles, catching a ball and landing hard on the ground, etc.

They can't be avoided as long as you have roided/jacked meathead athletes in full helmet/pads going 100mph at each other. It's the nature of the fucking sport. Do you want them to take the pads off, put flags on, and chuck around a nerf ball instead? The only way you lose the concussions and injuries is if you do away with the contact altogether--otherwise you're going to see the same # of injuries and head injuries every year.

DeadlyDynasty
08-22-2011, 11:22 PM
Also...like DoK said earlier, Duerson, Dobler, and all the other former athletes from the past unfortunately played in an era where the trainers/drs didn't understand or properly diagnose concussion symptoms during games--so they would just keep playing all-the-while still suffering brain trauma. NFL Docs still fuck this up (that Eagles LB in Week 1 last year), but it's getting better. Those players' biggest contention--and rightfully so--is the lack of benefits/healthcare/pension plan/etc they've received from the NFL.

Monostradamus
08-23-2011, 05:07 AM
All these rules (with exception of the new KO rule) are going to do absolutely dick to bring down the # of concussions and other injuries.

I'd love to hear the studies you've done to know this.

There's giant risks involved with playing football, and anything that can be done to minimize those risks is worth doing. You can use your ":cry they might as well just play flag football" faggot pissy pants routine all you want, but despite these rules it's still a violent game, just a safer one. If you're really one of those knuckledraggers who watches games for big hits, rather than the art/strategy involved, then you're not the audience the NFL wants or needs anymore.

Concussions (much) more commonly come from the simplest of hits, be them routine tackles, catching a ball and landing hard on the ground, etc.

:lmao DeadlyDynasty, which science journals can I find your peer reviewed articles on the NFL and concussions?

DeadlyDynasty
08-23-2011, 09:36 AM
I'd love to hear the studies you've done to know this.

crofl at asking for studies and statistics about frivolous rules that haven't even been enforced for a full season yet. Despite ever-increasing rule changes, the number of NFL concussions per year has either not changed drastically, or increased (now that they're being reported more). http://www.footballreportersonline.com/2010/12/13/report-nfl-concussions-rise-by-20/

Tell me bro, how many wanton, malicious head hits are responsible for those 154 (through Week 8 alone!) concussions last year? Do you even remember that many "dirty plays"? The answer is no...there was a handful of Harrison hits, a Merriweather one, the D-Jax hit, and a couple others sprinkled among a mass majority of routine NFL hits, causing concussion--unless you somehow produce evidence to the contrary. It's a violent game, and repeated exposure to it over a 3-hour period, 16 weeks a year for 10 years is going to fuck you up no matter what insignificant rules are implemented.

http://www.inthesetimes.com/working/entry/6577/nfl_crackdown_on_violent_hits_wont_stop_footballs_ concussion_problem/
A small excerpt:

Researchers at the University of North Carolina installed accelerometers in the helmets of college players to measure the g-forces acting on their brains. As Malcolm Gladwell explains, the sensors show that players are regularly subjected to g-forces strong enough to cause brain damage during practice:

When we think about football, we worry about the dangers posed by the heat and the fury of competition. Yet the HITS data suggest that practice—the routine part of the sport—can be as dangerous as the games themselves. We also tend to focus on the dramatic helmet-to-helmet hits that signal an aggressive and reckless style of play. Those kinds of hits can be policed. But what sidelined the U.N.C. player, the first time around, was an accidental and seemingly innocuous elbow, and none of the blows he suffered that day would have been flagged by a referee as illegal. Most important, though, is what Guskiewicz found when he reviewed all the data for the lineman on that first day in training camp. He didn’t just suffer those four big blows. He was hit in the head thirty-one times that day. What seems to have caused his concussion, in other words, was his cumulative exposure.

Better helmets probably won't solve the problem, either. The helmet cushions outside of the head, but it doesn't stop the brain from bashing against the cranium when the player stops suddenly.

The UNC concussion research suggests that returning to the game before a concussion is especially dangerous. Sustaining a second blow before recovering from the first is far more damaging than either blow in isolation.
There's not a lot the NFL can do about the physics of large guys crashing into each other, or the fragility of the human nervous system. However, the NFL can do something about the culture of playing hurt.

In other words, the game is the game. It's intrinsically violent and that cannot be avoided.

There's giant risks involved with playing football, and anything that can be done to minimize those risks is worth doing.

Like desperately trying to add 2 games to the regular season?:lmao Yeah, the NFL really cares about their players, don't they:cry:cry:cry?

You can use your ":cry they might as well just play flag football" faggot pissy pants routine all you want, but despite these rules it's still a violent game, just a safer one. If you're really one of those knuckledraggers who watches games for big hits, rather than the art/strategy involved, then you're not the audience the NFL wants or needs anymore.

No, we both love the game and don't wanna see players suffer debilitating injuries, but I'm also not naive as to think that a sport in which you're supposed to bludgeon your opponent on every play is ever going to see a significant decrease in head and/or bodily injuries. Sometimes you just don't understand the big picture and get tunnel visioned with scumbags like Harrison, Merriweather, etc. My flag football reference is not just hyperbole to get a rise out of you...If you truly want to crusade for the health and betterment of players--that is, to eradicate all or the majority of head/other injuries--then you'll be unopposed to two-hand touch or flag football. That's the only way you're ever going to see a significant drop in NFL injuries.

Here's a routine NFL play that happens every other down: A running back takes a handoff, lowers his shoulder (and by proxy, his head as well), bursts through the hole and is met by a defender who also has to lower his frame (like he was coached) to make the tackle. It's inevitable and unsurprising that a simple play like this could often lead to a concussion.

The rules are going to keep coming until contact is eventually done away with.

pawe
08-23-2011, 10:46 AM
It's all about the income generation.
If the QB or star WR gets injured, their team is fucked and the fans will not spend money and watch in the stadium.

DeadlyDynasty
08-23-2011, 11:15 AM
It's all about the income generation.
If the QB or star WR gets injured, their team is fucked and the fans will not spend money and watch in the stadium.

That's part of it, and therein lies the NFL's hypocrisy towards injuries. The NFL wants an offensive show. The offense is overly protected to the point where you risk penalty every time you make a tackle. The defender often has a split-second to make the hit or tackle and in that window it's not easy to be discriminant where you hit somebody. There are definite exceptions though, like some of Harrison's hits, but that's unquestionably the exception and not the rule.

"We're just looking after you guys, but do you mind playing 2 more games:cry:cry:cry?"

It's not about injuries, it's about dollars.

Fabbs
08-23-2011, 11:57 AM
Here's a routine NFL play that happens every other down: A running back takes a handoff, lowers his shoulder (and by proxy, his head as well), bursts through the hole and is met by a defender who also has to lower his frame (like he was coached) to make the tackle. It's inevitable and unsurprising that a simple play like this could often lead to a concussion.
So now factor in this exact collision play but at 10Xs the speed as in a kickoff returner getting smacked head on by a full speed tackler.
I don't know if Monoslob is going to find the studies but IIRC the rule was changed based on studies that showed kickoffs produced many more injuries per play then regular snaps. No, i agree with you it won't eliminate the injuries by any means and yes of course the owners are hypo greedy _ucks but.....

Lets see if Mono or anyone can come up with the study(s).

DeadlyDynasty
08-23-2011, 12:09 PM
So now factor in this exact collision play but at 10Xs the speed as in a kickoff returner getting smacked head on by a full speed tackler.
I don't know if Monoslob is going to find the studies but IIRC the rule was changed based on studies that showed kickoffs produced many more injuries per play then regular snaps. No, i agree with you it won't eliminate the injuries by any means and yes of course the owners are hypo greedy _ucks but.....

Lets see if Mono or anyone can come up with the study(s).

I agree about the kickoffs, Fabbs...which is why I said this:

All these rules (with exception of the new KO rule) are going to do absolutely dick to bring down the # of concussions and other injuries.

But that's another interesting point nonetheless. Like stretch said, there'll still be a decent % of returns despite the rule change. If the goal is to put a stop to those injuries, then why allow kick-offs at all? Once again, it's about money and not injuries. The NFL knows kick-offs are an exciting an integral part of the game, so instead of actually doing away with them b/c of injuries, they push it up 5 yards to make it look like they give a shit. The injuries will still come, but in marginally less numbers. All it takes is another Kevin Everett injury to eliminate KO's entirely though.

Another impotent rule change by the NFL:rollin

Fabbs
08-23-2011, 12:22 PM
^^ so in this most recently passed 10 year CBA that has the owners and players faux slobbering each others knobs, how did the vet retired players come out as far as improvements to the NFL taking care of it's injured? I know before it was a joke, the cap $ benefit (and that's for the very few who were awarded it) was like 88K a year. Carl Ellers wife (or one of the injured vets) was saying for injured brain types the 88K doesn't even touch the cost. I mean hey it helps to be sure but.....
Seems like most got an f u and denials thus zero benefit.

pawe
08-23-2011, 12:52 PM
Well, they made them increase the medical research funding to $50 mil.

Honestly, I dont care what happens to the brain and what functionality it losses after after lower left side impact...let the car manufacturers research on that and share info.

What I do care for is researching new tech and materials that can be used to protect players on field. like a helmet design that can absorb shock better and pads that stabilizes the knees and shoulders up to the neck area.

DeadlyDynasty
08-23-2011, 01:02 PM
^^ so in this most recently passed 10 year CBA that has the owners and players faux slobbering each others knobs, how did the vet retired players come out as far as improvements to the NFL taking care of it's injured? I know before it was a joke, the cap $ benefit (and that's for the very few who were awarded it) was like 88K a year. Carl Ellers wife (or one of the injured vets) was saying for injured brain types the 88K doesn't even touch the cost. I mean hey it helps to be sure but.....
Seems like most got an f u and denials thus zero benefit.

I'm not sure the exact terms of the new CBA, but I think it's safe to assume that the vets got shafted again--which is a travesty to say the least. Any player (current or past) who suffers a debilitating injury or illness from the job needs to have his medical costs covered, no questions asked. That should go for just about any employer, imo.

The fact that the NFL (and the NFLPA) largely ignore the past players' injuries is further evidence that they don't give a shit about the players--just the bottom line. Hey, but we made these neat rule changes! More window dressing for everyone!

DeadlyDynasty
08-23-2011, 01:10 PM
Well, they made them increase the medical research funding to $50 mil.

Honestly, I dont care what happens to the brain and what functionality it losses after after lower left side impact...let the car manufacturers research on that and share info.

What I do care for is researching new tech and materials that can be used to protect players on field. like a helmet design that can absorb shock better and pads that stabilizes the knees and shoulders up to the neck area.

The new helmets they have supposedly help in that area, but they can only protect the head from the outside. They want stop coup and contrecoup brain injuries that stem from the rapid acceleration and deceleration of everyday NFL hits.

It's still a noble effort nonetheless, and a better helmet than the one they had before.

Bill_Brasky
08-23-2011, 03:58 PM
I agree about the kickoffs, Fabbs...which is why I said this:

But that's another interesting point nonetheless. Like stretch said, there'll still be a decent % of returns despite the rule change. If the goal is to put a stop to those injuries, then why allow kick-offs at all? Once again, it's about money and not injuries. The NFL knows kick-offs are an exciting an integral part of the game, so instead of actually doing away with them b/c of injuries, they push it up 5 yards to make it look like they give a shit. The injuries will still come, but in marginally less numbers. All it takes is another Kevin Everett injury to eliminate KO's entirely though.

They kept kickoffs because of onside kicks being a huge part of the strategy of the game. I don't think they'll ever be completely eliminated.

Monostradamus
08-23-2011, 05:12 PM

Okay so which is it then? Are they merely paying lip service by creating insignificant rules that don't change much of anything, or are they making rule changes that alter the fabric of the game thereby making the NFL a soft league of pussies? You can't have it both ways.

Monostradamus
08-23-2011, 05:13 PM
crofl at asking for studies and statistics about frivolous rules [B]that haven't even been enforced for a full season yet.

That hasn't stopped you from talking like an expert on it.

DeadlyDynasty
08-23-2011, 05:23 PM
Okay so which is it then? Are they merely paying lip service by creating insignificant rules that don't change much of anything, or are they making rule changes that alter the fabric of the game thereby making the NFL a soft league of pussies? You can't have it both ways.

The injuries will come either way--unless of course you think the laws of physics will cease to exist on a football field.

My beef is that all they've done is create more opportunities for the game to be affected (in key situations) by unnecessary penalties. If the hit or infraction or whatever is of malicious intent, then yeah--penalize and fine. If it's a bang bang play/tackle/hit/sack where some incidental helmet-to-helmet contact is made, keep the yellow flag in your pocket. As for the kick-offs, you're bro already stated that with the new rules teams are still returning the ball at a decent clip...so if the league's explanation for the new rule is that they want to prevent KO injuries, why the ham-handed 5-yard rule change? Doesn't that seem a tad bit lame?

DeadlyDynasty
08-23-2011, 05:26 PM
That hasn't stopped you from talking like an expert on it.

If the past rule changes haven't decreased the incidence of concussion, what makes you think these rule changes will? Once again, find a way to fix the laws of physics and you'll have a concussion-free league. No expert opinion needed, it's called common fucking sense.

Monostradamus
08-23-2011, 05:27 PM
The injuries will come either way--unless of course you think the laws of physics will cease to exist on a football field.

My beef is that all they've done is create more opportunities for the game to be affected (in key situations) by unnecessary penalties. If the hit or infraction or whatever is of malicious intent, then yeah--penalize and fine. If it's a bang bang play/tackle/hit/sack where some incidental helmet-to-helmet contact is made, keep the yellow flag in your pocket. As for the kick-offs, you're bro already stated that with the new rules teams are still returning the ball at a decent clip...so if the league's explanation for the new rule is that they want to prevent KO injuries, why the ham-handed 5-yard rule change? Doesn't that seem a tad bit lame?

so have they altered the fabric of the game with these rules or not?

DeadlyDynasty
08-23-2011, 05:29 PM
so have they altered the fabric of the game with these rules or not?

They certainly haven't altered the injury issues, which is what your initial shit-coniption was about. Nice try on changing the subject though.

Monostradamus
08-23-2011, 05:31 PM
If the past rule changes haven't decreased the incidence of concussion, what makes you think these rule changes will?

You don't know it hasn't. You said it yourself.

Despite ever-increasing rule changes, the number of NFL concussions per year has either not changed drastically, or increased (now that they're being reported more).

Now that concussions are being reported and treated far more seriously than even 3 years ago, we'll see how much of a difference all these rules really make. If there's a chance they help, it's the right thing and the humane thing to put them in place.

Monostradamus
08-23-2011, 05:31 PM
They certainly haven't altered the injury issues, which is what your initial shit-coniption was about. Nice try on changing the subject though.

yes or no

DeadlyDynasty
08-23-2011, 05:33 PM
yes or no

lol using Chumpdumper schtick.

Monostradamus
08-23-2011, 05:35 PM
now who's changing subject?

DeadlyDynasty
08-23-2011, 05:38 PM
now who's changing subject?

Who is?

(see what I did there, answered your question with a question!:lmao:lmao:lmao oh fuck I'm so original)

moving on...

Monostradamus
08-23-2011, 05:39 PM
lol one question gets you this asshurt?

DeadlyDynasty
08-23-2011, 05:44 PM
lol one question gets you this asshurt?

:lolNo, but watching you piss in the wind makes for good entertainment:

Monostradamus
08-23-2011, 05:46 PM
:lolNo, but watching you piss in the wind makes for good entertainment:

whatever you have to say to make yourself feel better about this, go ahead.

redzero's Baby Momma
08-28-2011, 01:41 PM
http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp180/killlogan/LOLMONO.jpg

Lincoln
08-28-2011, 01:45 PM
Lol saving that pic

Monostradamus
08-28-2011, 03:18 PM
Lol saving that pic

I get people really asshurt over me. It's what I do :lol gift and a curse

Spursfan092120
08-28-2011, 03:19 PM
Lol saving that pic

Yeah..pretty damn funny..a few people in here just have no fucking life and decide to save pics of people on here, and actually think it bugs us...I get a kick out of it, tbh..shows how little of a life they have.

JJ Hickson
08-28-2011, 03:52 PM
Yeah..pretty damn funny..a few people in here just have no fucking life and decide to save pics of people on here, and actually think it bugs us...I get a kick out of it, tbh..shows how little of a life they have.

:lol Mono and 90210 commiserating.

08-28-2011, 04:48 PM

Or maybe because they know they'll get a reaction out of you.

tbh it took me about 10 seconds out of my day to google "spursfan09210, brannon" and copy/paste this picture of you:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h290/midgetonadonkey/cruise.jpg

lol thinking we take time to save pictures of you