PDA

View Full Version : Terrelle Pryor to the Raiders

Monostradamus
08-22-2011, 05:02 PM
Kinda late with this news but I didn't see a thread on it.

:lol this is such a typical Al Davis move.

IronMexican
08-22-2011, 05:19 PM
typical Al Davis move says it all. That said, I hope he's going to play QB. Just give him this whole season to learn the playbook. He's black, so he needs all the time he can get.

IronMexican
08-22-2011, 06:02 PM
Schefter reporting QB. I'll take his word over anyone else.

Axe Murderer
08-22-2011, 06:07 PM
I'll be fucking pissed if they don't move him to WR. Anyone's who watched him in college knows he's most likely gonna suck at QB in the NFL. That said, he's too good of an all around athlete to just be a "package" guy. I remember times at OSU that he was brought in to play receiver a few times and he looked pretty good. He was a top 20 basketball player coming out of high school so I think he would the perfect kind of guy to adjust to a new position. It'll probly take him a year to adjust at receiver but I think he has pro bowl level talent if he could get the position down

pawe
08-22-2011, 06:18 PM
Why are they even spending time talking about a guy that will just fade into obscurity.

Monostradamus
08-22-2011, 06:22 PM
tbh how many pro bowl talents have been wasted because they wanted to play QB?

-Kordell Stewart was already making an impact at WR before he went to full time QB.

-He's a good QB now, but if Michael Vick was a RB, he could have been Based Marshall Faulk. plus as another RB in the league, nobody would have cared about his dogfighting, as opposed to being a face of the franchise QB.

-Vince Young is just fine as a QB, but he'd be a winner anywhere on the field.

-THAT nigga Michael Bishop

-Tommie Frazier even if injuries hurt his chances either way

and the list goes on. The sooner the blacks realize that quarterbacking is a white man's game, the better off they'll be. Randall Cunningham is still the GBQOAT.

Axe Murderer
08-22-2011, 06:28 PM
tbh how many pro bowl talents have been wasted because they wanted to play QB?

-Kordell Stewart was already making an impact at WR before he went to full time QB.

-He's a good QB now, but if Michael Vick was a RB, he could have been Based Marshall Faulk. plus as another RB in the league, nobody would have cared about his dogfighting, as opposed to being a face of the franchise QB.

-THAT nigga Michael Bishop

-Tommie Frazier even if injuries hurt his chances either way

and the list goes on. The sooner the blacks realize that quarterbacking is a white man's game, the better off they'll be. Randall Cunningham is still the GBQOAT.

exactly.

Pryor has amazing athleticism and it's too good to be wasted at a position where he'll never succeed outside of a few flashy ###### run plays at the goalline which could be taken by a running back anyway

IronMexican
08-22-2011, 06:37 PM
No matter what, he wont contribute this season. If it's as a QB, he'll need months to get the playbook into his head. If he's a skill position, he will have to accustom himself to it.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-22-2011, 09:34 PM
crofl why is 4cc so butthurt by racism?

pawe
08-23-2011, 10:57 AM
crofl why is 4cc so butthurt by racism?

It's his new schtick.

JoeTait75
08-23-2011, 02:29 PM
Having watched Terrelle Pryor for three years, I have no idea why people think he'd make a good receiver- especially since he has an aversion to taking contact.

To me he's a quarterback or nothing.

Jose Canseco
08-23-2011, 05:03 PM
For some reason, despite his size and JoeTait's description of his aversion to contact, I actually think Pryor would make a better running back than wide receiver, as long as they didn't force him to run north and south in between the tackles. He obviously has the speed and athleticism, pretty elusive, long strides once he gets out on the edges, and because of his size, linebackers and safeties will have a tough time bringing him down.

Who knows what the Raiders will do, but if they incorporated some wildcat sets so at least he could get some reps as an option QB, he might have some success.

He has speed, but I think it's more straight line speed. I'm wondering if he has the stop and go quickness and separation out of cuts and angles as well as precision to run routes to be a good WR. His size and athleticism alone would help on jumpball type throws. But can he be a legitimate and consistent threat? Not sure.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-23-2011, 05:05 PM
Having watched Terrelle Pryor for three years, I have no idea why people think he'd make a good receiver- especially since he has an aversion to taking contact.
Tbh imo he has a better chance at improving his ability to take contact than he does at becoming intelligent enough to play QB in the NFL :lol

Monostradamus
08-23-2011, 07:31 PM
he has an aversion to taking contact.

So did Randy Moss.

Reggie Williams
08-23-2011, 07:32 PM
For some reason, despite his size and JoeTait's description of his aversion to contact, I actually think Pryor would make a better running back than wide receiver, as long as they didn't force him to run north and south in between the tackles. He obviously has the speed and athleticism, pretty elusive, long strides once he gets out on the edges, and because of his size, linebackers and safeties will have a tough time bringing him down.

Who knows what the Raiders will do, but if they incorporated some wildcat sets so at least he could get some reps as an option QB, he might have some success.

He has speed, but I think it's more straight line speed. I'm wondering if he has the stop and go quickness and separation out of cuts and angles as well as precision to run routes to be a good WR. His size and athleticism alone would help on jumpball type throws. But can he be a legitimate and consistent threat? Not sure.

Yeah a 6 foot 6 running back. Wow.

Monostradamus
08-24-2011, 07:42 AM
Yeah a 6 foot 6 running back. Wow.

:lmao I just noticed that. A 6-6 running back who never runs between the tackles sounds like a guy who just needs to play wide receiver instead.

Blake
08-24-2011, 08:57 AM

including the sidelines.

genius move by the Eagles to get a winning cheerleader.

Dr. Gonzo
08-24-2011, 12:18 PM
The guy has heart. They should let him be the starting QB for that reason alone.

HomerFan092120
08-24-2011, 12:25 PM
Last I heard is that he's a born again christian :toast

I think it would be an awesome gesture if the Raiders just made him the starter right now.....come on you guys know that would be pretty cool......I know the Raiders are focused on some other things, such as winning games and doing what's best for the franchise, but anybody who has a heart knows this is the right thing to do.....if you don't think Pryor should be the starter you are simply un-American and disagree with everything that this great country stands for!

America, FUCK YEAH!

Blake
08-24-2011, 01:44 PM
The guy has heart.

popular type of tat

Blake
08-24-2011, 01:45 PM
Last I heard is that he's a born again christian :toast

I think it would be an awesome gesture if the Raiders just made him the starter right now.....come on you guys know that would be pretty cool......I know the Raiders are focused on some other things, such as winning games and doing what's best for the franchise, but anybody who has a heart knows this is the right thing to do.....if you don't think Pryor should be the starter you are simply un-American and disagree with everything that this great country stands for!

America, FUCK YEAH!

sounds like a true patriot, tbh.

Spursfan092120
08-24-2011, 05:46 PM
The guy has heart. They should let him be the starting QB for that reason alone.

So sad when people pretend like they actually know someone. So very sad.

Blake
08-24-2011, 08:32 PM

Sad like you thinking you know enough of toby keith to call him a patriot.

So very sad

JoeTait75
08-24-2011, 10:29 PM
So did Randy Moss.

Plus they're both tall and black. I guess that settles it.

BTW, I think Oakland is the last team that would switch Pryor to a receiver, tbh.

Monostradamus
08-24-2011, 10:32 PM
Plus they're both tall and black.

Being tall and black is a good way to suck at playing quarterback, unless your name is Vince Young.

Spursfan092120
08-24-2011, 10:59 PM
Sad like you thinking you know enough of toby keith to call him a patriot.

So very sad

As sad as you thinking you know enough of him to say he's not?

You've really got to learn how not to be a douche.

Dr. Gonzo
08-24-2011, 11:56 PM

Blake
08-25-2011, 08:15 AM
As sad as you thinking you know enough of him to say he's not?

you thinking that you know him well enough to say he is a patriot is much sadder

You've really got to learn how not to be a douche.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-25-2011, 08:51 AM
lol Toby Keith
lol whoring tragic events in America as money makers

HomerFan092120
08-25-2011, 08:59 AM
lol whoring tragic events in America as money makers

so?.....you act as if that's a bad thing:rolleyes

i do the same thing here whenever somebody dies.....i secretly hope that famous people die so i can just write RIP and pages of bullshit that nobody cares about just so people can keep calling me a classy poster.....maybe you could be as great as me one day

JoeTait75
08-25-2011, 12:26 PM
Being tall and black is a good way to suck at playing quarterback, unless your name is Vince Young.

I'm not saying he won't suck as an NFL quarterback. Just that he'd probably suck worse as a receiver.

Monostradamus
08-25-2011, 04:12 PM
Nice backpedaling...":cry:cry:cryI was just trolling/kidding this entire time:cry:cry:cry." Right, just like when you gave up on dem Mavs and bashed Dirk endlessly after Game 4 against Portland--"I was just reverse-jinxing them, how do you not see the genius in that?:madrun:madrun:madrun"

You've crusaded for new rules and player safety ever since Week 5 last year, when there was a statistical anomaly of malicious hits--since then you've done nothing but bring emotion to this argument (like only a bitch would do).

Truth be told, your post-Mavs title retardation is still going strong and affecting your posting in all forums now. DPG bent you over in the NBA Forum (DPCLD :lmao:lmao:lmao), Rogue bent you over in the Club, and now you're looking to the NFL Forum for some lovin':rollin

Who wants this thread to die now? Fuck, keep it going strong so I can give you weekly updates on concussions.

Now go home and get your fuckin' shinebox