PDA

View Full Version : Facebook and Ticketmaster take stalking to the next level

lefty
08-24-2011, 03:06 PM
http://www.fastcompany.com/1774825/ticketmaster-unveils-seat-tagging-on-facebook

cheguevara
08-24-2011, 03:28 PM
fucking horrible

ElNono
08-24-2011, 03:30 PM
That gotta be BS though. Whenever I want to buy tickets for games @ Tickermaster, they never let you pick seats. That's why I purchase only from StubHub now.

DMX7
08-24-2011, 03:49 PM
lol, they used the AT&T Center.

ALVAREZ6
08-24-2011, 04:03 PM
The feature is available on the interactive seat map that launched last year and is now used in more than 300 venues (for 9,000 events and counting), says Debbie Hsu, Ticketmaster's director of product management. Fans choose their exact seats instead of relying on Ticketmaster to determine the "best available" options. That's the sort of control consumers expect of a top-five e-commerce site like Ticketmaster, but it wasn't a priority in previous years when the company was focused on serving the venues.
So....why can't this be done without having to know who is sitting where?

ploto
08-24-2011, 05:14 PM
So....why can't this be done without having to know who is sitting where?

The Houston Rockets ticket site has been letting you pick your seat for years. They do not use ticketmaster. I think you can now do it on ticketmaster.

As for this feature, you do not have to use it.

Now you can have an even more customized ticket search. By connecting to Facebook while you browse for seats, you can see where your friends have purchased tickets. The friends who have tagged their seats, that is.

Once you've connected to Facebook from Ticketmaster's site, a list of friends who are attending the concert or game appears on the left. The venue's seat map displays Facebook flags in the sections where your buddies are sitting. When you click on that section and scroll over a seat with a Facebook icon, a window pops open showing you who's there.

Now the really bad part--
You can hide your seat, but the default setting is to share with everyone, not just your friends.

A lot of people do not pay enough attention to this. This means anyone who is stalking you can find out where you are going and where you are sitting if you do not block it. I see danger for teenagers.