PDA

View Full Version : LoL @ Mavs: Lakers / Heat favorites to win 2012 NBA title

Koolaid_Man
08-25-2011, 06:23 AM
There's something refreshing in posting when hardly anyone is on...:toast

Now down to bizness....if there's a season....:lol

No one gives a fuck about the Mavs title....not a single fuck...:lol

"Despite knocking off the [/URL]Miami Heat in 6 games, the Dallas Mavericks are still falling short in the respect department.

Hours after receiving the Larry O'Brien Championship Trophy, the Mavericks were taking a back seat to the team they just defeated.

According to online sports book Bodog.com, the Miami Heat have been listed as 2012 NBA championship favorites.

On Monday, the website posted the Heat at 5-to-2 odds to win the 2012 championship.

And the Mavs aren't even second.

The Los Angeles Lakers were next at 11-to-2.

The Mavericks came in at No. 5 with 10-to-1 odds. The Chicago Bulls (6-to-1) and Oklahoma City Thunder (8-to-1) also had better odds than Dallas."

[url]http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/06/oddsmakers-no-repeat-for-mavericks-heat.html (http://topics.dallasnews.com/topic/Miami_Heat)

stretch
08-25-2011, 08:47 AM
im sure a lot of it has to do with the uncertainty of guys like chandler, butler, and barea being able to return, especially with the lockout and the possibility of a tighter cap. it could change quite a bit if they were to resign a couple of those guys.

but i dont think many mavs fans care at this point. they got a title and are defending champs now, and thats all that matters :toast

lefty
08-25-2011, 08:50 AM
Lakers :lmao

LkrFan
08-25-2011, 08:55 AM

Spurs' 2012 playoff chances :lmao

lefty
08-25-2011, 10:16 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

clambake
08-25-2011, 10:18 AM
i bet you're wrong.....oh.....n/m

JoeTait75
08-25-2011, 12:26 PM
Heat = Next Year's Champions

mavsfan1000
08-25-2011, 12:32 PM
1 title is enough to satisfy me. It would be sad not to have a title after so many dominating regular season years. We got it. Repeating would be sweet but not something that I desperately need. You can't take this title away. :)

Gutter92
08-25-2011, 12:42 PM

"Call me crazy but I think we can come back from 3-0 down"

:lmao

cy@

stretch
08-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Heat = Next Year's Champions

most likely so

Axe Murderer
08-25-2011, 01:16 PM
1 title is enough to satisfy me. It would be sad not to have a title after so many dominating regular season years. We got it. Repeating would be sweet but not something that I desperately need. You can't take this title away. :)

This.

I've said many times that I would take 1 title this year if it meant sucking the next 20 years.

z0sa
08-25-2011, 03:23 PM

DeadlyDynasty
08-25-2011, 04:40 PM
We keep hearing how Dirk still has a few years of his prime left. I'm here to tell you all that his prime blew by us, and we're witnessing the decline right now.

His scoring is up - great. His scoring is up only because he's taking more shots. His jumper used to be consistently great and automatic. A 4 for 18 night was a blue moon shock. Nowadays, he's just another streaky shooter who from time to time can get dialed in and never miss. Nowadays, a 4 for 18 shooting night is "Dirk's stinker of the week".

He never drives anymore, and when he does, he's almost guaranteed to miss the layup. He never had much of a post game, but at least before he could get a low post hook shot or two in every game.

His rebounding is way down, and his defense is far worse. There was a point a couple year's ago when Dirk's defense was actually pretty decent, and anybody who actually watched him on D regularly would know this. But he's right back to being the piss-poor defender he used to be, only now it's not because he's not focused, it's because physically he can't do it anymore.

This isn't meant to shit on Dirk because he can't help that his body is deteriorating. I'm sure he's working just as hard, if not harder, on his game.

This is just a wakeup call to all Mavs fans that Dirk simply isn't the superhero he used to be, that he is past his prime, and that at this point he is best served being a secondary option. And that things are only going to get worse from here for Dirk. Hopefully Mark & Donnie pull their head out of their ass and see the same thing, and do something about it (yeah, right).

Deuce Bigalow
08-25-2011, 05:12 PM
spurs

:lmao

shorttotry
08-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Repeating is the greatest joy in sports. Defending your crown and becoming a dynasty proves that you were not lucky. You look in your trophy case... 30 years, one title!!! If you were thirty years old and youve only banged one bitch, would you be satisfied? With your standards, you probably would.

Lol, Luva equating his favorite team's success to a banging a lot of chicks... :lol It really is funny to see the progression of how dumb you make yourself seem. I really doubt you've gotten past second base you pitiful waste of internet space. If you did, it was probably a chick with down syndrome that you offered some cake. Do everyone a favor and choke on a dick.

mavs>spurs
08-25-2011, 05:40 PM
and you got a 6-1 odd of winning another title next year, double satisfactory imho

2011 mavs = 2006 heat

sribb43
08-25-2011, 08:34 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/incoming/20110508-mavslakers053.jpg.ece/ALTERNATES/w700/mavslakers053.JPG

djohn2oo8
08-25-2011, 08:40 PM
Heat don't win til year 3

lefty
08-25-2011, 08:42 PM
http://abasketballjones.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/JET-Terry-Mavs-sweep-Lakers-.jpg

MR.SILVER&BLack
08-25-2011, 10:02 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/incoming/20110508-mavslakers053.jpg.ece/ALTERNATES/w700/mavslakers053.JPG

pretty much whats gonna keep on happening to the lakers till they get a PG. lol at lakers fans.

joshdaboss
08-25-2011, 11:43 PM
im sure a lot of it has to do with the uncertainty of guys like chandler, butler, and barea being able to return, especially with the lockout and the possibility of a tighter cap. it could change quite a bit if they were to resign a couple of those guys.

Not sure if serious.

It has a lot to do with the facts Dallas 'won' a fluke championship, AKA was handed it by Stern.

Sean Cagney
08-26-2011, 12:04 AM

I said this after 99, then after 03 I said I am fine forever! Then we got two mroe and I wanted mroe! It never gets old man.......... I wanted 5, but hey 4 I am fine, that first one set me off, the second made me smile! After that it was all just additions.

Jodelo
08-26-2011, 06:21 AM
:cry:cry:cry

DeadlyDynasty
08-26-2011, 04:28 PM
pretty much whats gonna keep on happening to the lakers till they get a PG. lol at lakers fans.

I'll take my team getting swept by the eventual champs over losing to an 8th seed anyday. Not just any 8th seed, but an 8th seed that called their shot and chose to play you.

z0sa
08-26-2011, 04:42 PM
I'll take my team getting swept by the eventual champs over losing to an 8th seed anyday. Not just any 8th seed, but an 8th seed that called their shot and chose to play you.

You do know LAL lost two games to NO, right? NO, dude. ROFL

The Grizzlies would've beaten the Lakers just the same. Real talk

DeadlyDynasty
08-26-2011, 05:15 PM
You do know LAL lost two games to NO, right? NO, dude. ROFL

The Grizzlies would've beaten the Lakers just the same. Real talk

Wrong. The Grizzlies beat the Spurs because SA was grossly overmatched in the frontcourt. Gasol and Z-Bo abused the Spurs in the paint, while expending little to no effort on the defensive end. Even with Pau turning into a vagina, the Lakers still would've won, albeit in 6 or 7.

MR.SILVER&BLack
08-26-2011, 06:28 PM
Wrong. The Grizzlies beat the Spurs because SA was grossly overmatched in the frontcourt. Gasol and Z-Bo abused the Spurs in the paint, while expending little to no effort on the defensive end. Even with Pau turning into a vagina, the Lakers still would've won, albeit in 6 or 7.

memphis and LAs frontcourt matchup evenly. the diff would have been the 3 wind defenders(allen, young, & battier) that they would have constantly been thrown at kobe. not to mention conley would have tired out fisher by game 2 with mayo knocking down jumpers from any & everywhere. memphis would have won in 7 games.

TIMMYtoZO
08-26-2011, 07:52 PM
Lakers as favorites? Pffffffffffft. The 2011-2012 championship is Miami's to lose. Lebron will be back with a post game. Haslem/Miller will be back 100%. They will have Dalembert at center. The team will have had a full year of chemistry under their belt. Spoelstra is a superb coach and will be better. Chalmers is on the rise and could crack the top 15 pg list this year. Miami will also be humbled but pissed as hell they let the Mavs win that series.