PDA

View Full Version : Kareem Craps on Duncan's Legacy

Koolaid_Man
08-25-2011, 06:46 AM
objections? why of course not.....:lol

Big man to big man....:lol...

Kareem is a much better scorer and rebounder. He won 6 MVPs and has 6 rings was unstoppable.

Hook shots vs Bank Shot: Kareem was the master of the hook shot while Duncan learned the Bank shot. Kareem's was 10X more deadly and patented...

Summary 1: Kareem shits on Duncan.... He has 2 more rings, 4 more MVPs, 6 more All-Star appearances and 1 more All-NBA first team selection, and is also the leading scorer of All-Time.

Summary 2: A Laker still shits on the best the Spurs have to offer....:lmao

InK
08-25-2011, 07:29 AM
So much effort put into this that its hard to object. How long did fine tuning of this idea take...someday i hope, wish, dream of making such on point masterpiece analysis

MaNuMaNiAc
08-25-2011, 07:37 AM
Koolaid fails at trolling as much as he does at life...

ambchang
08-25-2011, 07:59 AM
Good to know Duncan is good enough to be compared to the GOAT.

I was actually surprised, Kareem had a very long peak, and played 20 seasons, and yet he had only 1 more All-nBA 1st team selection.

On top of that, Kareem had the Big O and Magic, two of the greatest PGs of all time, and he still only had 2 more rings.

I thought Kareem would have crapped more on Duncan's legacy. Seriously.

lefty
08-25-2011, 08:49 AM
:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao Venti Quattresque topic

LkrFan
08-25-2011, 08:54 AM
Good to know Duncan is good enough to be compared to the GOAT.

I was actually surprised, Kareem had a very long peak, and played 20 seasons, and yet he had only 1 more All-nBA 1st team selection.

On top of that, Kareem had the Big O and Magic, two of the greatest PGs of all time, and he still only had 2 more rings.

I thought Kareem would have crapped more on Duncan's legacy. Seriously.

6 rings in the 70's/80s >>>>> 4 rings during the TD eraPERIOD. :downspin:

lefty
08-25-2011, 09:27 AM
http://www.gifsoup.com/view4/2278912/lol-lakers-o.gif

ambchang
08-25-2011, 09:32 AM
6 rings in the 70's/80s >>>>> 4 rings during the TD eraPERIOD. :downspin:

I don't get it? Why? Because most players were high on cocaine back in the day?

lefty
08-25-2011, 09:38 AM
Kareem got away with a lot of elbowing

I think some dude punched him hard in the face

Well deserved, he was an asshole

Leetonidas
08-25-2011, 09:44 AM
No one is going to argue with that, fucking numbnuts. :lmao He has 6 rings and 5 MVPs, although he did piggyback on two of the greatest PGs of all-time...

Destro
08-25-2011, 12:46 PM
I spent an afternoon with Kareem a few years ago at a conference in Philadelphia. Kareem was a there as a keynote and to market his book. He said that D robinson is one of the few people he thinks may have been able to guard him well in his prime. He knew i was a spurs fan so he may have been being nice, but he did say that.

MR.SILVER&BLack
08-25-2011, 01:17 PM
not hard when you have a PG the size of PF feeding you the ball.

z0sa
08-25-2011, 01:18 PM
LMAO @ two summaries of 3 sentences.

koolaid luva shitting on himself IS his legacy

lefty
08-25-2011, 01:25 PM
I spent an afternoon with Kareem a few years ago at a conference in Philadelphia. Kareem was a there as a keynote and to market his book. He said that D robinson is one of the few people he thinks may have been able to guard him well in his prime. He knew i was a spurs fan so he may have been being nice, but he did say that.
Interesting

DeadlyDynasty
08-25-2011, 04:41 PM
We keep hearing how Dirk still has a few years of his prime left. I'm here to tell you all that his prime blew by us, and we're witnessing the decline right now.

His scoring is up - great. His scoring is up only because he's taking more shots. His jumper used to be consistently great and automatic. A 4 for 18 night was a blue moon shock. Nowadays, he's just another streaky shooter who from time to time can get dialed in and never miss. Nowadays, a 4 for 18 shooting night is "Dirk's stinker of the week".

He never drives anymore, and when he does, he's almost guaranteed to miss the layup. He never had much of a post game, but at least before he could get a low post hook shot or two in every game.

His rebounding is way down, and his defense is far worse. There was a point a couple year's ago when Dirk's defense was actually pretty decent, and anybody who actually watched him on D regularly would know this. But he's right back to being the piss-poor defender he used to be, only now it's not because he's not focused, it's because physically he can't do it anymore.

This isn't meant to shit on Dirk because he can't help that his body is deteriorating. I'm sure he's working just as hard, if not harder, on his game.

This is just a wakeup call to all Mavs fans that Dirk simply isn't the superhero he used to be, that he is past his prime, and that at this point he is best served being a secondary option. And that things are only going to get worse from here for Dirk. Hopefully Mark & Donnie pull their head out of their ass and see the same thing, and do something about it (yeah, right).

Deuce Bigalow
08-25-2011, 05:10 PM
kareem >>>>>> duncan

Monostradamus
08-25-2011, 05:14 PM

In other words Kareem admitted that Olajuwon is way way way better than him?

mavs>spurs
08-25-2011, 06:45 PM
kareem had a long career and he maintained his health pretty well during his years, which was a good reason to make him the #1 scorer of all time over the more talented scores like Jordan, Chamberlain etc..., the same goes for Malone as well who comes the 2nd place.

kereem craps on Duncan maybe but Duncan Owns Kobe

Koolaid_Man
08-25-2011, 06:53 PM
kareem had a long career and he maintained his health pretty well during his years, which was a good reason to make him the #1 scorer of all time over the more talented scores like Jordan, Chamberlain etc..., the same goes for Malone as well who comes the 2nd place.

like this 5>4 or like this: :lol

WQxgHgRh95Y

Deuce Bigalow
08-25-2011, 07:47 PM

:lol
is that why Kobe's team beat him 4 times in the playoffs
or has more rings and been to almost double the finals
kobe owns duncan

MR.SILVER&BLack
08-25-2011, 10:10 PM
is that why Kobe's team beat him 4 times in the playoffs
or has more rings and been to almost double the finals
kobe owns duncan

was riding on shaqs shoulders for 3 & was getting DPed by gasol & bynum for 2 more titles.

lol duncan made fish and kobe cry like little bitches on national TV. nothing kobe has done can match what TD did to him.

oh no. plz dont pull out the stats. dont know if i can take kobes 1 and only great stat.

Koolaid_Man
08-25-2011, 10:29 PM
was riding on shaqs shoulders for 3 & was getting DPed by gasol & bynum for 2 more titles.

lol duncan made fish and kobe cry like little bitches on national TV. nothing kobe has done can match what TD did to him.

oh no. plz dont pull out the stats. dont know if i can take kobes 1 and only great stat.

:lol Cry Me A Fucking River

MR.SILVER&BLack
08-25-2011, 10:31 PM
:lol Cry Me A Fucking River
i will let the lakers cry for me.

KobeOwnsDuncan
08-25-2011, 10:45 PM
Duncan has a legacy?

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-25-2011, 10:49 PM
Duncan has a legacy?
Tbh that shitbomb is a 6/10 at best. Be more calculated with your shitbombs next time.

Koolaid_Man
08-25-2011, 10:50 PM
Duncan has a legacy?

yes..let's not take that shit away...they have the River Walk, The Alamo, and Duncan getting owned by Kobe...quite a legacy :toast

Sean Cagney
08-25-2011, 11:56 PM
Duncan has a legacy?

:lol:lol Half this fucking board should be banned and you are one of them.......... :lmao

ElNono
08-26-2011, 12:09 AM
Tbh that shitbomb is a 6/10 at best. Be more calculated with your shitbombs next time.

Calm down, brah... he probably worked on that shit bomb for like 3 months... :lol

Leetonidas
08-26-2011, 01:51 AM
He didn't collaborate together to form enzymes

BRHornet45
08-26-2011, 01:54 AM
Kobe owns Duncan

and yes sons I hate them both

Koolaid_Man
08-26-2011, 07:14 AM
Kobe owns Duncan

BR - didn't your moms teach you that your opinion wouldn't count in life...shame on her if she failed to...

but newsflash...

Killakobe81
08-26-2011, 10:58 AM
Kobe owns Duncan

we know this ... LOL but at least you stick to your guns, BR ...

z0sa
08-26-2011, 02:09 PM

:lmao

epic

lefty
08-26-2011, 02:29 PM

Pwnage :lmao :rollin

Deuce Bigalow
08-26-2011, 07:09 PM
Kobe owns Duncan

duh

lefty
08-27-2011, 04:59 PM
Jeff McDonald: Duncan as Kareem?

MIAMI -- Pat Riley has coached Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Pat Riley has also coached Shaquille O'Neal. Good news for Spurs fans: Pat Riley says Tim Duncan reminds him of the former, and not the latter.

"Duncan reminds me a lot of Kareem," Riley, the Miami Heat coach, said after this morning's shootaround. "Kareem wasn't a physical center, he was a finesse center. And he played until he was 41 years old."

More than that, Jabbar remained one of the league's most dominant players well into his late 30s. In 1986, at age 38, Jabbar averaged 23.4 points per game.

Riley's point: Big men like Duncan and Jabbar, who rely more on their mind and their touch than sheer physical strength and skill, tend to have a longer shelf life in the NBA.

Meanwhile, players whose main strength is their strength -- like O'Neal -- often begin to show their age much sooner. O'Neal's body has begun to betray him the past couple seasons. At age 34, he is obviously on the downslope of his Hall-of-Fame career. This preseason, O'Neal has been plagued with a strained calf muscle. (He's expected to play in tonight's game after sitting out the previous two).

But back to Kareem ...

"I didn't start coaching Kareem until he was 32 years old," Riley said. "And he played nine more years after that. And he won four more championships after that."

Riley says he wouldn't be surprised if Duncan accomplished something similar, in terms of both success and longevity. Spurs fans can only hope he's right.
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblog...onald_d_1.html

The ADMIRAL 50
08-27-2011, 08:59 PM
BR - didn't your moms teach you that your opinion wouldn't count in life...shame on her if she failed to...

but newsflash...

Newsflash: bob marley and jimi hendrix would both think you were a huge douche bag.

Correctly I might add.

LkrFan
08-28-2011, 10:29 AM
Jeff McDonald: Duncan as Kareem?

MIAMI -- Pat Riley has coached Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Pat Riley has also coached Shaquille O'Neal. Good news for Spurs fans: Pat Riley says Tim Duncan reminds him of the former, and not the latter.

"Duncan reminds me a lot of Kareem," Riley, the Miami Heat coach, said after this morning's shootaround. "Kareem wasn't a physical center, he was a finesse center. And he played until he was 41 years old."

More than that, Jabbar remained one of the league's most dominant players well into his late 30s. In 1986, at age 38, Jabbar averaged 23.4 points per game.

Riley's point: Big men like Duncan and Jabbar, who rely more on their mind and their touch than sheer physical strength and skill, tend to have a longer shelf life in the NBA.

Meanwhile, players whose main strength is their strength -- like O'Neal -- often begin to show their age much sooner. O'Neal's body has begun to betray him the past couple seasons. At age 34, he is obviously on the downslope of his Hall-of-Fame career. This preseason, O'Neal has been plagued with a strained calf muscle. (He's expected to play in tonight's game after sitting out the previous two).

But back to Kareem ...

"I didn't start coaching Kareem until he was 32 years old," Riley said. "And he played nine more years after that. And he won four more championships after that."

Riley says he wouldn't be surprised if Duncan accomplished something similar, in terms of both success and longevity. Spurs fans can only hope he's right.
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblog...onald_d_1.html

What year was this article written - 1999? It surely wasn't written in 2011 after that 13/8 - lose to an 8th seed - debacle. :downspin:

The ADMIRAL 50
08-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Kareem had Oscar Robertson and Magic Johnson feeding him the ball his whole career, two of the ten best players to ever play, Duncan has had Avery Johnson and Tony Parker.

Since this thread became a Kobe versus Duncan debate as well, lets just have a quick refresher of what Kobe managed to do with neither Shaq or Gasol:

04-05: after driving the game's best coach and center of the era out of town and alienating Malone helping speed his retirement, Kobe's Lakers finish out of the playoffs.

05-06: Kobe pulls off a stunning buzzer beater against Phoenix, enabling his 7th seeded club to reach a 3-1 series lead and blow it, rather than lose in the first round more quickly.
"The Lakers trailed 60–45 at halftime of Game 7. Bryant had 23 points at halftime but would score only one point on three shots in the second half. A number of critics, such as Bill Simmons suggested that Bryant, with his team trailing by so much, should have attempted more shots in the second half; some, such as Charles Barkley even suggested that Bryant refused to shoot to "prove a point" about the inferior scoring ability of his teammates."

06-07: Kobe, as the man on the Lakers, leads his team to another 7 seed and first round playoff exit. This time the Lakers lose in a much less competitive 4-1 series to the Suns. As we all know, this led to an all time high of Kobe-bitching, as the superstar demanded a trade and longed to abandon the Laker franchise for greener pastures.

Of course, we all know what happened then as well, LA got Gasol for table scraps the following season and Kobe would steal his first ever regulr season MVP from the much more deserving Chris Paul.

So to recap, three seasons without either playing second fiddle to Shaq or acquiring a franchise caliber big man for nothing, Kobe went:
-no playoffs
-7th seed, first round exit
-7th seed, first round exit

Very T-Mac-esque if you ask me. If T-Mac hadnt had to get so fucked up with injuries he could have easily been Kobe's high-scoring not so great at winning peer.

In contrast, Tim Duncan has never missed the playoffs, especially not in the midst of his prime, but has also suffered two first round exits, 09, with Manu out for the playoffs, and last year, past his prime with a bum ankle and a broken armed Manu (the Spurs also got bounced in the first round in 2000 in a series in which Duncan did not play due to injury).

Duncan has four championships, all as the best player on his team, while Kobe has 5, three as a sidekick and 2 as the go to guy.

Duncan has 3 Finals MVPs to Kobe's 2, Tim earning one of his in 2003 with a clinching game performance of 22 points, 20 rebounds, 10 assists, and 8 blocks, and Kobe earning his last one in 2010 with a clinching game performance of 23 points on a very impressive 6 of 24 shooting.

And finally, Duncan 2 regular season MVPs, Kobe, just the one he stole from CP3

ElNono
08-31-2011, 12:15 AM
A 7th seed never tanked to play a Kobe led or Kareem led team.

A Jim led team never missed the playoffs...

Hard to tank to play a Kobe led team when it's not even there :lol

ElNono
08-31-2011, 10:24 AM
Getting knocked out in the first round by an 8th seed is worst than missing the playoffs.

:nope

missing the playoffs when you're leading your team means you suck.

You can't :downspin: that shit

Ashy Larry
08-31-2011, 03:19 PM

Y'all know I'm pretty much unbiased around and it's good to see shit hasn't changed ...... but averaging 33 and 7 in the 2001 WCF hardly constitutes riding Shaquille's shoulders. Duncan, Robinson, Bryant, O'Neal. Clearly the best player on the floor during that series was Bryant. Stevie Wonder could see that shit. You can't drop 92 points in back-to-back road games against the (3) seeded Kings and the (1) seeded Spurs and be a coattail rider.

And it's hard to get DPd by Bynum when he was injured in one finals and avg'd a whopping 6 and 4 in the other .........

with that said, Spurs owner dude would take 5 titles in 9 years over 4 in ten ........ no matter how you count it, .555 > .400

MR.SILVER&BLack
08-31-2011, 03:51 PM
Y'all know I'm pretty much unbiased around and it's good to see shit hasn't changed ...... but averaging 33 and 7 in the 2001 WCF hardly constitutes riding Shaquille's shoulders. Duncan, Robinson, Bryant, O'Neal. Clearly the best player on the floor during that series was Bryant. Stevie Wonder could see that shit. You can't drop 92 points in back-to-back road games against the (3) seeded Kings and the (1) seeded Spurs and be a coattail rider.

And it's hard to get DPd by Bynum when he was injured in one finals and avg'd a whopping 6 and 4 in the other .........

with that said, Spurs owner dude would take 5 titles in 9 years over 4 in ten ........ no matter how you count it, .555 > .400

not hard to score when shaqs pulling half the defense.

easy for kobe to look like a legend when you have bynum and gasol pulling rebounds from kobe horrible shot selections.

even if bynums not getting the stats he still a huge body clogging the lane.

thats right bynum did miss a finals. thank god kobe had that other allstar 7 footer.

Ashy Larry
08-31-2011, 04:24 PM
not hard to score when shaqs pulling half the defense.

easy for kobe to look like a legend when you have bynum and gasol pulling rebounds from kobe horrible shot selections.

even if bynums not getting the stats he still a huge body clogging the lane.

thats right bynum did miss a finals. thank god kobe had that other allstar 7 footer.

lol @ Shaquille pulling half of the defense ...... And even if Shaquille "pulled half of the defense :lmao ", wouldn't that leave Duncan back there to defend the paint? Bryant went off against all-defensive team member Doug Christie and destroyed probably the best defensive team during that era in the Spurs during that season when it mattered most. Hell, he did most of his damage when Shaquille was sitting his ass on the bench and from the perimeter. Then the icing was when he would take it into the paint and literally yam on not one but both "Twin Towers."

Now Kobe definitely needed Pau Gasol. Thank God the Lakers scooped him up. But to keep bringing up Bynum who was 40% at best is crazy. His best contribution was putting the wood to Perkins.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-31-2011, 04:31 PM
lol @ Shaquille pulling half of the defense ...... And even if Shaquille "pulled half of the defense :lmao ", wouldn't that leave Duncan back there to defend the paint? Bryant went off against all-defensive team member Doug Christie and destroyed probably the best defensive team during that era in the Spurs during that season when it mattered most. Hell, he did most of his damage when Shaquille was sitting his ass on the bench and from the perimeter. Then the icing was when he would take it into the paint and literally yam on not one but both "Twin Towers."

Now Kobe definitely needed Pau Gasol. Thank God the Lakers scooped him up. But to keep bringing up Bynum who was 40% at best is crazy. His best contribution was putting the wood to Perkins.
The chimpanzees in your sig are disgusting

Ashy Larry
08-31-2011, 04:38 PM
The chimpanzees in your sig are disgusting

yet you have Crime Mob in yours :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-31-2011, 04:39 PM
I have the Knuck if you Buck Anthem in my sig as a complete joke, you are trying to pass those ugly beasts off as attractive.