PDA

View Full Version : Am I going to get my sunglasses back from this Cluster B??

Findog
08-25-2011, 11:58 AM
Just encountered a Cluster B out in the wild. First date went really well. Second date - kind of meh. She's 32 and on the second encounter it became apparent she's a bit of a lush, and our lifestyles just really weren't compatible. Wouldn't have even bothered to call/text her after that except at sundown on our date, I (stupidly) asked her to hold on to my Ray Bans in her purse and at the end of the night forgot to get them back.

So I texted her a few days afterwards, just a generic how's it going message. No reply, so an hour later, I text again "Hey, I think I left my sunglasses in your purse. I was hoping to pick them up this week. (She lives 30 miles away from me). I can come up to your neck of the woods and I'll buy you a beer or a cup of coffee." She texts back immediately, makes a joke about how she sold my glasses to an international arms dealer, we text back and forth and make jokes and friendly banter, and tentatively made plans to meet up for coffee two days later where she'd bring me my glasses. I didn't say anything remotely in the area of "I only want my glasses back, I'm not interested in you." She even sent me a picture text of a "ransom note" from the glasses, saying if I ever want to see them again I'd better buy her a case of Blue Moon. Cute, funny stuff. The witty banter actually had me reconsidering being so dismissive of her after the second date. Girls with a sense of humor are hard to find, so I was actually looking forward to coffee and thinking that maybe I should keep an open mind towards continuing getting to know her.

At bedtime I hadn't heard from her, so I texted her again last night to firm up details about when/where to meet. She texts me back, and then tells me this long story about a kind, elderly man that she met a couple of weeks ago, and about how last night he gave her like a guitar and some very other expensive items as gifts. Then she says "I want to pay him back for his kindness and I'm gathering up used books since he's putting together a library. Do you have any old books you could donate?"

Not wanting to piss her off and mess up my chances of getting back my glasses, I reply "Sure I have some books I could donate. Otherwise they'd just collect dust on my shelves, plus I could only get like $5 for them at Half Price."

She texts back "Nevermind. Sale them to Half Price. If you have a mailing address, I'll ship you the sunglasses. Enjoy your $5 book." At this point I'm like WTF? but I don't want to piss this girl off and antagonize her, so I figure my best strategy at this point to get my glasses was to be beta, so I texted back "I'm really sorry if I said something to upset or offend you. I've enjoyed getting to know you and wish you well" blah blah blah. She replies "No worries. It's the fact that you don't understand that makes it clear."

I really wanted to say "You're right. I really don't understand, nor do I want to understand and you're a stupid cunt" but again, I'm trying to retrieve my nice Ray Bans. I don't get why she felt the need to insult me. How long should I wait before contacting her again if she hasn't mailed them to me? Would the police help me at all if I filed a police report? I have her name, phone #, and a series of texts in which she acknowledges she has my property and promises to return it, plus pictorial evidence. And I would really prefer to just text her and tell her I prefer to meet in public to get my glasses back than risk them getting lost or damaged in the mail.

Pero
08-25-2011, 12:06 PM
What's a cluster b?

Viva Las Espuelas
08-25-2011, 12:09 PM
:lol
Buy some new sunglasses. She sounds like a fruitcake.

AmericanWoman
08-25-2011, 12:18 PM
I smell bacon that just got burned.

mrsmaalox
08-25-2011, 12:19 PM
No offense, but you really are a magnet for psycho hose beasts. Just give her your mailing address. Preferably a PO box.

Pero
08-25-2011, 12:21 PM
Also, what is a lush? According to google it's either a heavy drinker (lol) or sexually attractive, but in your post you don't seem to mean either of those. :lol

Anyway, maybe she's kind of weird, but I think you didn't show respect for the books. Maybe she really liked that old guy and really wanted to help him but it seemed pretty irrelevant to you. Or, she just made the whole thing up and you didn't realize it and hence she thought you were a complete idiot. :D

As for sunglasses, my bet is you won't get your sun glasses back. How much time has past since she told she'll mail them to you?

pawe
08-25-2011, 12:25 PM
On the other hand, that's a nice strategy to get a second date.

vy65
08-25-2011, 12:26 PM
send the ransom photo to homeland security - don't negotiate with terrorists

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
08-25-2011, 12:30 PM
Brooks has your Aviators.

baseline bum
08-25-2011, 12:41 PM
I'd text her with Bateman's line tbh

b_NrL_tzSXg

ElNono
08-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Stop with the beta shit, tell the bitch you're gonna be picking up YOUR sunglasses in X hours, go and pick up the sunglasses.

Findog
08-25-2011, 01:03 PM
Stop with the beta shit, tell the bitch you're gonna be picking up YOUR sunglasses in X hours, go and pick up the sunglasses.

That would be an option if I knew where she lived or worked.

ElNono
08-25-2011, 01:05 PM

I thought you said she lives 30 miles from you. Oh well, I thought you knew where to find her.

Findog
08-25-2011, 01:05 PM
I thought you said she lives 30 miles from you. Oh well, I thought you knew where to find her.

She lives in Denton, I live in Dallas.

ElNono
08-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Ask her if she's gonna be someplace tomorrow and go there and get the sunglasses.

Leetonidas
08-25-2011, 01:07 PM

^this

If she doesn't give them back call her a stupid fat cunt and buy a new pair of sun glasses.

Findog
08-25-2011, 01:11 PM
Also, what is a lush? According to google it's either a heavy drinker (lol)

That's what I was referring to.

Anyway, maybe she's kind of weird, but I think you didn't show respect for the books. Maybe she really liked that old guy and really wanted to help him but it seemed pretty irrelevant to you. Or, she just made the whole thing up and you didn't realize it and hence she thought you were a complete idiot.

As for sunglasses, my bet is you won't get your sun glasses back. How much time has past since she told she'll mail them to you?

I don't see how I said anything offensive, stupid or obtuse. I "get" that she is doing something out of the kindness of her heart for the elderly guy and she would consider it crass to only do good deeds for money or if a person can only get something material in return, but I don't see how I even remotely said anything like that. Or that you would hold on tight to such an extreme misunderstanding over text/email, where it's not always easy to ferret out context or tone, and after I followed up to say that. I'm guessing either she didn't want to see me anymore romantically, which is fine, but you can be a mature adult about it instead of initiating a nasty exchange and pretending to "take offense" over something contrived and manufactured, or she is a Cluster B wackjob.

This exchange happened last night and I texted her back a mailing address. I'm wondering how long I should wait until politely following up if they don't show up. I accept that they're probably gone at this point.

Findog
08-25-2011, 01:13 PM
Ask her if she's gonna be someplace tomorrow and go there and get the sunglasses.

I like the idea of texting her and saying that I don't want to risk my glasses getting lost or damaged in the mail and I would prefer to meet briefly in a public location to do the exchange and I'm willing to meet her somewhere in Denton, and that I don't want to take up any more of her time and I just want to get this piece of business over with.

Findog
08-25-2011, 01:16 PM
^this

If she doesn't give them back call her a stupid fat cunt and buy a new pair of sun glasses.

I feel like the whole tack of going beta is akin to Jesse having that sawed-off pointed in his face when he tries to retrieve the meth from that house. I'm dealing with crazy here and I'm trying to save myself $150 to replace them. She would already have been called a cunt by now if she didn't have the Ray Bans.

BlackSwordsMan
08-25-2011, 01:24 PM
Txt her a pic of your dick and say bitch if you want any more of this in your mouth you're going to stop playing these fucking games.

BlackSwordsMan
08-25-2011, 01:24 PM
and then add an emoticon girls love those

Viva Las Espuelas
08-25-2011, 01:26 PM
If you deal with crazy you're going to continue to get crazy. Quit entertaining her and either talk about just getting the glasses or take your lumps and get a new pair. This "old man" that she's trying to help that just "gave" her things wouldve been a pretty big red flag to me. Why prolong it by making her feel "special" by wasting your time with her?????? Give and take, man.

ElNono
08-25-2011, 01:31 PM
I like the idea of texting her and saying that I don't want to risk my glasses getting lost or damaged in the mail and I would prefer to meet briefly in a public location to do the exchange and I'm willing to meet her somewhere in Denton, and that I don't want to take up any more of her time and I just want to get this piece of business over with.

Just ask her where to meet up so you can pick up your glasses. That's it, that's all. Stop tiptoeing the situation and go get your sunglasses back.

z0sa
08-25-2011, 01:32 PM
Beta was your mistake, this bitch wants you to come get em

the books/elderly man story is a bunch of bullshit, too

ElNono
08-25-2011, 01:35 PM

BTW, have you talked to Wild Cobra about finding this out?

Findog
08-25-2011, 01:39 PM
Beta was your mistake, this bitch wants you to come get em

I figured killing her with kindness would be the best way to deal with a nutjob.

the books/elderly man story is a bunch of bullshit, too

Probably, but I am completely uninterested in anything other than the return of my property at this point....I'm going to give her a few days, and then if my sunglasses don't show up, I'm going to follow El Nono's suggestion. The more I let on to her how much I want them back, the less likely I will get them.

Findog
08-25-2011, 01:40 PM
Dupe post.

koriwhat
08-25-2011, 01:42 PM
you're such a girl, findog.

Findog
08-25-2011, 01:46 PM

Hey, why don't you make fun of my cleft lip again? You don't have to actually click on the thread and "contribute" if this thread doesn't interest you and you have nothing useful to say. Don't you have somebody's calves to ruin?

Fpoonsie
08-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Hey. I live in Denton. I could always pick them up FOR you (I'm currently dealing w/ a crazy "Cluster B" at the moment, too) and you could buy ME the 6-pack.

Findog
08-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Hey. I live in Denton. I could always pick them up FOR you (I'm currently dealing w/ a crazy "Cluster B" at the moment, too) and you could buy ME the 6-pack.

Maybe 4-chan would be willing to help.

Viva Las Espuelas
08-25-2011, 01:57 PM

:lmao

Oh, sorry :wakeup

Trill Clinton
08-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Just be straight up with her and demand your shit back. If and when she decides to give them to you just take them and go. Don't say "thank you" or "goodbye". Turn on your heels and chunk up the duece to that that bish.

man on wire
08-25-2011, 02:06 PM
Maybe you should have gotten rid of the sunglasses earlier and seen the light.

TDMVPDPOY
08-25-2011, 02:38 PM
shouldve suckd his dick, you wouldve gotten ur rays back

Viva Las Espuelas
08-25-2011, 02:40 PM
Maybe you should have gotten rid of the sunglasses earlier and seen the light.

Is that some kind of Eastern thing?

Leetonidas
08-25-2011, 04:00 PM
I feel like the whole tack of going beta is akin to Jesse having that sawed-off pointed in his face when he tries to retrieve the meth from that house. I'm dealing with crazy here and I'm trying to save myself $150 to replace them. She would already have been called a cunt by now if she didn't have the Ray Bans.

Well, if you get them back, you should definitely call her a cunt and let her know you only wanted your glasses back. She seems like a psycho bitch. :tu

Viva Las Espuelas
08-25-2011, 04:02 PM
Well, if you get them back, you should definitely call her a cunt and let her know you only wanted your glasses back. She seems like a psycho bitch. :tu

He should start a private forum for that :lmao

Findog
08-25-2011, 05:05 PM
What's a cluster b?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personality_disorder#Cluster_B_.28dramatic.2C_emot ional_or_erratic_disorders.29

Viva Las Espuelas
08-25-2011, 05:07 PM
Ah. I thought it was something vulgar.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
08-25-2011, 05:09 PM
Bat-shit crazy is much simpler.

Creepn
08-25-2011, 05:27 PM
You deserve to lose those glasses tbh. Why in the hell would you do that?? "Here's a $150, can you put it in your purse please?":wtf You should've just let it hang from your shirt or put it behind your head like those vato mexicans.

Axe Murderer
08-25-2011, 05:40 PM
Hey, why don't you make fun of my cleft lip again? You don't have to actually click on the thread and "contribute" if this thread doesn't interest you and you have nothing useful to say. Don't you have somebody's calves to ruin?

Findog
08-25-2011, 05:43 PM
You deserve to lose those glasses tbh. Why in the hell would you do that?? "Here's a $150, can you put it in your purse please?":wtf You should've just let it hang from your shirt or put it behind your head like those vato mexicans.

Sadly you are right. It was reckless and stupid.

Axe Murderer
08-25-2011, 05:45 PM
Practically speaking, you're probably shit out of luck if you don't know where she lives and she decides to not give them back.

might have to move on and just buy new ones if you don't get them back in a week

Pero
08-25-2011, 05:50 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personality_disorder#Cluster_B_.28dramatic.2C_emot ional_or_erratic_disorders.29

Ah, thanks. I actually thought it was something vulgar too. :lol
Interesting list though, I think I'm Cluster A. :lol

DeadlyDynasty
08-25-2011, 05:56 PM
Ah, thanks. I actually thought it was something vulgar too. :lol

yeah I went straight to urban dictionary when I first read it:lol

What Bump said, though...If you don't hear from her in a week (in reality, only a day or two) then they're gone.

mavs>spurs
08-25-2011, 05:59 PM
forget about cops dawg they ain't doing shit to help u tbh. serious question tho, do you only want to get back your sunglasses or also want to get HER as well? she doesn't sound like a good woman tbh according to your description about her, especially that she has been with a sugardaddy lately. just stop dating any females and stick to da celibacy as it be, if you want any honest advice thats mine

Pero
08-25-2011, 06:01 PM
I don't see how I said anything offensive, stupid or obtuse. I "get" that she is doing something out of the kindness of her heart for the elderly guy and she would consider it crass to only do good deeds for money or if a person can only get something material in return, but I don't see how I even remotely said anything like that. ...

"Otherwise they'd just collect dust on my shelves, plus I could only get like $5 for them at Half Price."
I can see that could be seen as "yeah, I have some lame cheap books I can give to you". But then, she did say "used" and "old" so... The more that I think about it the weirder it looks haha.

This exchange happened last night and I texted her back a mailing address. I'm wondering how long I should wait until politely following up if they don't show up. I accept that they're probably gone at this point.

How long would it take to get them if she would send them in the morning?

Creepn
08-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Ray Bans are hard to get back though. Whenever I hear a case about misplacing those things with someone else, they NEVER got it back. Findog would be the first to me if he ever got them back. Good Luck.

Wild Cobra
08-25-2011, 06:25 PM
At least they weren't like my $340 prescription sun glasses!

Wild Cobra's Surgeon
08-25-2011, 06:27 PM
At least they weren't like my $340 prescription sun glasses!

You left those in my office.

Wild Cobra
08-25-2011, 06:27 PM
Moderator...

Can I please give the OP $120 of my spurs cash?

ChumpDumper
08-25-2011, 06:30 PM
I'm surprised Wild Cobra hasn't produced a Google Earth screenshot of her lot yet.

ElNono
08-25-2011, 06:43 PM

Creepn
08-25-2011, 06:52 PM
You left those in my office.

lol.

Sisk
08-25-2011, 08:31 PM
Like others have said. Call her and say you're on the way to get them. If she says no, she wasn't ever going to send them anyways.

Findog
08-25-2011, 10:02 PM
I think I have an address thanks to Google Fu.

Booharv
08-25-2011, 10:39 PM
I'd text her with Bateman's line tbh

b_NrL_tzSXg

This would have been a great post if it wasn't embedding disabled imho. "I want to stab you and play around with your blood" (iirc?) ftw

Pero
09-01-2011, 07:19 PM
So, did you get them back?

IronMexican
09-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Cluster B, beta? Findog must post on 4chan.