PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals cut Max Hall

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-25-2011, 04:29 PM
:lmao ducks
:lmao pawe
:lmao all the other dumbfuck bible bangers in Phoenix who thought he would be a good quarterback

DeadlyDynasty
08-25-2011, 04:42 PM
We keep hearing how Dirk still has a few years of his prime left. I'm here to tell you all that his prime blew by us, and we're witnessing the decline right now.

His scoring is up - great. His scoring is up only because he's taking more shots. His jumper used to be consistently great and automatic. A 4 for 18 night was a blue moon shock. Nowadays, he's just another streaky shooter who from time to time can get dialed in and never miss. Nowadays, a 4 for 18 shooting night is "Dirk's stinker of the week".

He never drives anymore, and when he does, he's almost guaranteed to miss the layup. He never had much of a post game, but at least before he could get a low post hook shot or two in every game.

His rebounding is way down, and his defense is far worse. There was a point a couple year's ago when Dirk's defense was actually pretty decent, and anybody who actually watched him on D regularly would know this. But he's right back to being the piss-poor defender he used to be, only now it's not because he's not focused, it's because physically he can't do it anymore.

This isn't meant to shit on Dirk because he can't help that his body is deteriorating. I'm sure he's working just as hard, if not harder, on his game.

This is just a wakeup call to all Mavs fans that Dirk simply isn't the superhero he used to be, that he is past his prime, and that at this point he is best served being a secondary option. And that things are only going to get worse from here for Dirk. Hopefully Mark & Donnie pull their head out of their ass and see the same thing, and do something about it (yeah, right).

Blake
08-25-2011, 04:48 PM
:lmao pawe

These are people who think of things in advance and are super smart with money

pawe
08-25-2011, 05:11 PM
He wasnt cut, he was waived. If no one clears the waivers or pick him up, he will still be in injured reserved.
Whiz will not let go of a guy with swagger and moxie just like that.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-25-2011, 05:15 PM
He wasnt cut, he was waived. If no one clears the waivers or pick him up, he will still be in injured reserved.
Quit acting like Whiz was the only person who saw something in him that was never there. I remember you saying he'd be better than Derek Anderson when he turned out to be one of the worst QBs ever to start on an NFL team.

pawe
08-25-2011, 05:39 PM
The only reason I liked him was because he was not Derek Anderson.

Sad that he is a physically challenged football player trying to be a pro and the only positive characteristic he has which is his courage can land him in a hospital. It's Rudy-like.

DeadlyDynasty
08-25-2011, 06:00 PM

He was awful, bro. That win over the Saints last year was probably the strangest game I've ever seen.

He truly brings nothing special to the QB position, unless you wanna beat off to his Tebow-like intangibles. Cardinals are better w/o him, although Heap's probably sad.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-25-2011, 06:20 PM
The only reason I liked him was because he was not Derek Anderson.
Right, he was worse than Derek Anderson.

JMarkJohns
08-25-2011, 06:40 PM
Right, he was worse than Derek Anderson.

I disliked Hall as much as anyone, but Anderson is a veteran with experience and ideal physical skills. Context considered, I believe Anderson's POS season to be far worse than that of the undrafted, undersized rookie.

That said, they both sucked, and neither showed any real redeeming qualities (qualities to football, not values towards redemption, since salvation doesn't throw touchdowns).

Hall should go find that grocer in Iowa and see if Warner left a bit of fairy tale dust at the bagger's station where he once worked after a similar road to initial NFL waiver. Or, Hall should look in a mirror and realize he isn't Drew Brees, or, heaven, ain't even Doug Flutie, and, therefore, as a shortie, should just take his mediocrity elsewhere.

There's probably a polygamist compound in need of a football coach to teach up all the illegitimate progeny. If he charges per bastard child he could probably make a good living.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-25-2011, 06:45 PM
Anderson's stats from last year:
169 of 327 (51.7% completion) for 2065 yards (6.31 yards per attempt), 7 TDs, 10 INTS
25 sacks in 352 snaps (7.1% sack rate), 6 fumbles in 352 snaps (1.7% fumble rate)

Hall's stats from last year:
39 of 78 (50.0% completion) for 370 yards (4.74 yards per attempt), 1 TD, 6 INTS
14 sacks in 92 snaps (15.2% sack rate) 5 fumbles in 92 snaps (5.4% fumble rate)

Anderson was better. There was not a single point last season where Max Hall gave them a better chance to win than Anderson did. You don't get bonus points for starting an undersized undrafted QB.

JMarkJohns
08-25-2011, 06:50 PM
I understand that Anderson had better stats, but he should, and he barely did. I'm not giving Hall any benefit, or any points, but Anderson was the biggest suck on the team with a context of experience and expectation.

Either way, I'm glad both are gone. Kolb and Skelton I like.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-25-2011, 06:50 PM
He had better stats because he was better.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-25-2011, 06:52 PM
Who gave them a better chance at winning last year, Anderson or Hall?

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
08-25-2011, 06:57 PM
Can't believe so many people like Kolb.

JMarkJohns
08-25-2011, 07:04 PM
I just got done finishing arguing the value crap in Hill vs. the value of crap in Johnson because of the recent Diamondbacks' trade. I'm not getting drawn in to another debate on which turd was bigger vs. which stank worse.

Anderson had one of the worst years I've ever seen and was benched for the undrafted/undersized rookie, who also stank, but, such is sort of expected. It wasn't from Anderson, least ways not to such an extent. Was he the best of the worst statistically? Sure. Did he give them a chance to compete vs. some of the lesser teams? At times. Anderson was an abject failure/bust, which, from a seasoned vet who's been named to a pro-bowl is much worse than it is from a crappy rookie.

Crap is crap, so I'm done with this. I'm thrilled both are gone.

pawe
08-25-2011, 07:07 PM
He kills wild boars with bowie knives, what's not to like about that?

pawe
08-25-2011, 07:09 PM
Crap is crap, so I'm done with this. I'm thrilled both are gone.

Hall is not gone yet. If no one picks him up, he will clear waivers and still be with the team on injured reserve and practice squad.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-25-2011, 07:24 PM
Hall is not gone yet. If no one picks him up, he will clear waivers and still be with the team on injured reserve and practice squad.
:lol hopefully for your sake they keep him. The Cardinals officially cutting ties with Maxi seems like it would be really traumatizing for you.

pawe
08-25-2011, 07:54 PM
lol no. I dont give a shit about that midget.

mojorizen7
08-25-2011, 09:07 PM
Hall's stats from last year:
39 of 78 (50.0% completion) for 370 yards (4.74 yards per attempt), 1 TD, 6 INTS
14 sacks in 92 snaps (15.2% sack rate) 5 fumbles in 92 snaps (5.4% fumble rate).

Dont forget this stat DOK: seperated shoulder injuries due to trying to recover his own fumble against a MLB

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-25-2011, 09:11 PM
I don't think people appreciate how bad Hall's stats were. A 5.4% fumble rate? That means out of every 20 snaps he takes (running play or passing play), he'll have at least 1 fumble.

pawe
09-03-2011, 11:32 AM
I cant believe Whiz cut Ben Graham. He is deadly accurate in pinning teams inside the 20. Fucking stupid to let go of a talented punter and is also Jay Feely's holder for field goals.

Isitjustme?
09-03-2011, 02:43 PM
http://i38.tinypic.com/li8mx.jpg

This is such a timely and relevant gif. I mean a Cowboys highlight from when Parcells was coaching the team and and a scene from a 25 year old movie no one remembers! How awesome is that?!!?!!!

pawe
09-03-2011, 04:06 PM
Because it's funny.