PDA

View Full Version : el pollo loco any good?

PM5K
08-25-2011, 04:40 PM
never been, never heard much either way.

Monostradamus
08-25-2011, 04:42 PM
it's like any other fast food place. maybe a bit better than Taco Bell/Bueno/etc

Viva Las Espuelas
08-25-2011, 04:43 PM
Never been. I tend to avoid crazy chicken.

It always reminds me of the Silly's Pizza bit from the Jerky Boys :lol

4>0rings
08-25-2011, 04:44 PM
A bit better than Taco Bell? :lol

Monostradamus
08-25-2011, 04:56 PM
A bit better than Taco Bell? :lol

The amount of humanoids believing our band of competitors could be victorious in the domed building we competed in was nonexistent, save for the group I count myself among.

mrsmaalox
08-25-2011, 05:00 PM
I think it's very good. I won't compare it to fast food (Taco Bell, etc.) because I've never had their tacos or burritos or whatever, I only get the chicken. I especially like it when they have that special where you get and additional 10 pieces (or something like that) for $5. I'll buy it all and freeze it to use for recipes that require cooked chicken----I make some awesome chicken flautas, tacos, enchiladas, tortilla soup using their chicken :tu

I wish there was one closer to my house. It's much better than the roasted chickens you get at HEB.

TimmehC
08-25-2011, 06:11 PM
Pretty much my favorite fast food.

El Chorizo
08-25-2011, 06:12 PM
Oh hell no. HEB roasted chicken is much better.

ChumpDumper
08-25-2011, 06:18 PM
I think it's very good. I won't compare it to fast food (Taco Bell, etc.) because I've never had their tacos or burritos or whatever, I only get the chicken. I especially like it when they have that special where you get and additional 10 pieces (or something like that) for $5. I'll buy it all and freeze it to use for recipes that require cooked chicken----I make some awesome chicken flautas, tacos, enchiladas, tortilla soup using their chicken :tu

I wish there was one closer to my house. It's much better than the roasted chickens you get at HEB.Their burritos, etc., are made with the same chicken, just chopped with a cleaver after cooking. I always get pollo bowls when I'm in SA and use a ton of their avocado salsa.

Only real problem is sometimes the chicken dries out under the heat lamps. Best to go there right before or during peak hours.

Ginofan
08-25-2011, 07:42 PM
I could drink their avocado salsa it's so good. I think EPL is a good alternative to bringing my lunch that I don't have to feel too guilty about...

baseline bum
08-25-2011, 07:44 PM
Ridiculously flavorless chicken.

PM5K
08-25-2011, 07:58 PM
Decided to try it out for dinner:

The chicken really is on par in general with the HEB rotisserie. The pinto beans were amazingly bland. The avocado salsa really is just about good enough to drink. The tortillas really are just meh.

Overall not bad, not great. I could see how they might make some really good burritos or something. Combine the okay chicken with the avocado salsa, and a few other things, could be good.

spurs_2108
08-26-2011, 12:41 PM
Los pollos hermanos is way better.

thispego
08-26-2011, 12:54 PM
el pollo loco is the shit. if you dont like it then you are lame. lol flavorless

split a whole chicken, onion, corn tortillas and avacado salsa between 1 or 2 people. dets some good shit

JoeChalupa
08-26-2011, 01:23 PM
I've still yet to eat there.

baseline bum
08-26-2011, 02:08 PM
I have only eaten at the El Pollo Loco's in LA, but I'd be shocked if the recipe was any different at a big chain like that. The chicken tasted like they put no seasoning whatsoever on it when they cooked it.