PDA

View Full Version : Splitter 2-12 FT against Dominician Republic yesterday

BRs.Ganso
08-26-2011, 12:00 PM
This is not good, not to my Brazil and SA Spurs... since he changed his mechanic style (with Spurs shooting coach), he's not having a good %... in Caja Laboral he was 60-70% free throw shooter... hope he improve this in next matches.

chazley
08-26-2011, 05:32 PM
Small sample. Not to say this isn't troubling to see.

DeadlyDynasty
08-26-2011, 05:38 PM
I love it...just another reason for Pop to give Bonner more minutes:lol

Hooks
08-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Splitter is now the perfect Spur!

Rito3d30
08-26-2011, 07:45 PM
Is he injuried..........again?
I don't see him playing against Puerto Rico now

O...finally see him now:lol

jimo2305
08-26-2011, 07:50 PM
even shaq said:
http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1776611_o.gif

TE
08-26-2011, 08:53 PM
Small sample. Not to say this isn't troubling to see.

You would say something like this.

lefty
08-26-2011, 11:30 PM
10 classy misses

G-Dawgg
08-26-2011, 11:44 PM
Thats pretty embarassing......

lefty
08-26-2011, 11:54 PM
Splitter : " FIBA sucks "

BRs.Ganso
08-28-2011, 06:53 PM
2-3 (66%) against Puerto Rico

getting better! hahahaha

chazley
08-29-2011, 01:06 AM
You would say something like this.

Yea, I don't go batshit crazy over one shitty free throw performance. I have no clue how Tiago has been doing this summer in regards to FT shooting, but I'm not gonna say he's regressed even more from the end of the season based on one game.

jimo2305
08-30-2011, 05:23 PM
Yea, I don't go batshit crazy over one shitty free throw performance. I have no clue how Tiago has been doing this summer in regards to FT shooting, but I'm not gonna say he's regressed even more from the end of the season based on one game.

...but he went 2 for 12..

i'll even forgive 4 for 10 but 2 for 12.. nobody even blocks you from the FT line..

IMO.. the only time you're allowed to go 2 for 12 from the line is when you just a straightup beast down low.. (aka: a younger shaq)

rascal
09-05-2011, 08:59 AM
...but he went 2 for 12..

i'll even forgive 4 for 10 but 2 for 12.. nobody even blocks you from the FT line..

IMO.. the only time you're allowed to go 2 for 12 from the line is when you just a straightup beast down low.. (aka: a younger shaq)

Splitter has no offensive game away from the basket. People here are still counting on this guy to be a major player next year for the Spurs, forget about it. Primarily will only score on open short range putbacks.

weebo
09-05-2011, 09:39 AM
Splitter has no offensive game away from the basket. People here are still counting on this guy to be a major player next year for the Spurs, forget about it. Primarily will only score on open short range putbacks.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone around here peg Tiago as an offensive force. The thing that most of us are hoping for is that he can provide some size and solid defense to an undersized and aging frontline.

Hooks
09-05-2011, 10:51 AM

Splitter is a fucking beast on the P&R, he gets fouled a lot (Reminds me of Oberto) which will pick him up a couple points if he can make them as well as taking key players out of the game (see the LA game where he drew like 7 fouls against key players), he can post up against smaller players and score, do some dirty work on the glass in rebounding/boxing out. He doesn't block shots but what he does do extremely well is stay in front of his man (GREAT lateral speed) and if he just raised his hands he'd force a lot of missed jump shots.

Nobody thinks he'll be a major player next year, but people do think he'll be a very good role player though. I think he can average 10 & 6 in 25-30 mins while doing A LOT of stuff that doesn't show up on the stat sheet. He can make a big impact despite not scoring whole lot.

mingus
09-05-2011, 02:33 PM
points are going to be easy for Splitter as long as he plays with Manu. all he has to do is finish around the rim. he should get around 6 points off of that alone assumming he plays 30 mins. unless he improved his post up game significantly i don't see being used in any other way offensively so i don't see him averaging any more than 12 ppg. hopefully he can grab 7-8 rebounds to go with it. 12 & 8 might be too kind. i would bet he average 9 & 7.

defense is what i'm most concern about though. if he plays a lot like he should, Spurs will have a very good defensive frontcourt. he is adept at taking charges as we've seen, now all he has to do is learn when and where to be in position. Pop say he is a quick study.

throw in Leonard (assumming he pans out) for RJ in starting lineup and this might be Spurs best defenisve team since '07.