PDA

View Full Version : The Truth About Phil Jackson and the Asterisk

Koolaid_Man
08-26-2011, 08:42 PM
:lol If Spur fan believes him when he said Kobe was selfish then surely they beleive him when he said their title in 99 was a fluke...:lol

This is why I will miss Phil Jackson he was a real trendsetter...He gave us the official NBA asterisk...to Phil Jackson :toast

Phil on the Spurs first title:

"I know it's added onto their list, but anybody who was around basketball in '99 knows it was entirely an aberration," Jackson said. "Not that they don't deserve it. They won the pack and they came out of that heap, but that's an asterisk. That's kind of a weird situation that sits over there."
After he made jokes about gays he apologized by saying this:

It was a poor attempt at humor and I deserve to be reprimanded by the NBA. If I've offended any horses, Texans, cowboys, or gays I apologize." :lol

Phil Disses Mark Cuban

"I know that Mark likes to prick the skin of people, but he's not a player. He just sits behind the bench with his sun-tanned face and tries to make comments like that," Jackson said Thursday. "He's got nothing to do with it. I know that he's provided a great roster that's almost as good as money can buy … but not quite."
Phil Jackson on Lebron throwing chalk in the air before games:

Speaking about James' home-court advantage with the fans (and then the referees) in Cleveland, Jackson said: "They all wear No. 23 and help him throw that (shit) up in the air when he's at the scorer's desk. He gets away with murder, on top of it, on his home court."
Phil on the Heats style of play: :lol

"Their basketball is very much in standing with Xbox games, or whatever those games are when you play one-on-one," Jackson said.
"Basketball is not a one-on-one game. It's a team game."

Phil Disses Steve Nash: :lol

Prior to the Los Angeles Lakers' 128-107 victory over the Phoenix Suns in Game 1 of the Western Conference finals on Monday, Jackson was asked about preparing for Suns guard Steve Nash's frenetic playing style. The Lakers coach responded by making a basketball palming gesture and stating, "yeah, because you can't carry the ball like he does in practice. You can't pick up the ball and run with it."Phil is not happy with Kevin Durant getting to the line:

"As far as the calls that he gets on the floor, I think a lot of the referees are treating [Durant] like a superstar; he gets to the line easy and often. He's got the ability to create fouls. That's a big part of scoring, to get to the foul line."
Phil on Scrubs getting calls:

"Leon Powe [got] more foul shots than our whole team does in 14 minutes of play. That's ridiculous. I've never seen a game like that in all these years I've coached in the Finals. Unbelievable."More Scrubs getting calls:

"This was Munich in '72 revisited ... I don't know if I'll be able to watch the last 10 minutes of this game without calling Rod Thorn ... I call it eight men on defense. The refs were killing us."On playing in Utah:

Asked what makes it difficult to play in Salt Lake City, he said, "I enumerated some of the things a couple of years ago; I was fined $50,000. So that's some of it." What was Jackson talking about?

1) a 2004 comment that referee Bob Delaney was "prejudiced against Shaq" after O'Neal was ejected in a loss;

2) a 2006 comment about the Jazz's "roughhouse" play, with Jackson noting that Utah "intimidates referees that go on there" and that if the Lakers could get the Utah mascot "to stop blowing exhaust from the motorcycle in front of our bench for the first two minutes of the warm-ups -- you know, after they gas us -- it's not so bad."
After a western conference finals game in 2002:

"Coming out and discussing last night's game with you, after watching videotape of the game, is a difficult task." [Chris] Webber flailing around and hitting guys in the face and head should just not be allowed .

"You've got to give some latitude to referees being in an environment like that. It's always a question, as to what type of a group you send to a situation like Sacramento, where it's a bandbox, where there are intense pressures. I'm sure we're going to see a stronger crew in L.A. ... But those are things you question as a coach about referees. ... You can't throw aspersions to the way the game was refereed. "On the Kings again:

Claimed the Kings were using sagging, illegal defenses to limit O'Neal, who scored 46 points in Game 1 but averaged half that in the next three games; after specifically reviewing Game 4 film, said Sacramento had played illegal defense "10 times" in first half of that game.On the Spurs getting favorable calls:

"The difference in the game was obviously the foul shots. That's ridiculous in a game as hotly contested as that ... Tim Duncan had more free throws than my team? I know it was his MVP night, but that's ridiculous."Phil will be missed...His complaining netted us the actual calls we deserved...

To Phil :toast

DMC
08-26-2011, 08:45 PM
Remember that time Phil lost his last NBA game by 36 points to a Texas team?

Koolaid_Man
08-26-2011, 08:50 PM
Remember that time Phil lost his last NBA game by 36 points to a Texas team?

11 titles later...yes...:lol

Phil 11
Spurs 4

DMC
08-26-2011, 08:52 PM

Phil 11
Spurs 4
As long as you remember how the Forum was closed and how Phil's career was closed.

TE
08-26-2011, 08:52 PM
Jesus Christ, this troll is still at it. Fucking die.

Koolaid_Man
08-26-2011, 08:56 PM
As long as you remember how the Forum was closed and how Phil's career was closed.

It doesn't count...Phil was playing with house money against the Mavs...The Boston win in 10 was his swan song...

Dallas doesn't get recognized by the media...they're not important enough :lol

DMC
08-26-2011, 09:00 PM
It counts, now hesh up foo. Your sensei has left the playground with a dick in his ass.

DMX7
08-26-2011, 09:58 PM
He rode off into the sunset on a broom.

ElNono
08-26-2011, 10:06 PM
That's a long post, kevin. You're trying too hard.

mavsfan1000
08-26-2011, 10:57 PM

lefty
08-26-2011, 11:17 PM

Phil 11
Spurs 4

Auerbach has won all his titles with the same franchise
Much harder to do

DMC
08-26-2011, 11:58 PM
Much harder to do
Hate to bow up in public against the capo, but there's only been 2. Both are extremely hard to do, fucking astronomically hard these days. There's nothing to compare them to, they are way the fuck out there, beyond the normal "great coach results" horizon.

Pop's 4 rings puts him way up there over some really great coaches. Doc Rivers got ONE ring, just ONE and needed an all star lineup to get that one, but he's considered to be a good coach by many. Imagine if Doc won 4 with Boston.

That's why it's so shameful that the winningest NBA coach in the history of the game was sent packing with a sweep and 36 inches of German Wurst.

Deuce Bigalow
08-27-2011, 12:23 AM
Much harder to do

how is it harder to do?

the league only had 8 teams lol

lefty
08-27-2011, 12:26 AM
And why are Lakers fans proud?

Jax haqnt won all his 11 titles with Lakers

Jeez :lmao

joshdaboss
08-27-2011, 12:26 AM

* - Red > Phil

BRHornet45
08-27-2011, 02:13 AM
Phil is dead on about the 99 season. that season was a complete joke and disgrace. the teams weren't even trying.

DMC
08-27-2011, 10:53 AM
Phil is dead on about the 99 season. that season was a complete joke and disgrace. the teams weren't even trying.
Regular season doesn't matter.

lefty
08-27-2011, 10:55 AM

Lol Hornettes

Jose Canseco
08-27-2011, 11:04 AM
Good thread. It shows how much of a whiny little bitch Phil was over the years.

Legendary coach... whiny little bitch. Point taken.

xellos88330
08-27-2011, 12:12 PM

I hear you. The Spurs were just crushing everyone. They weren't even trying tbh.

TheManFromAcme
08-28-2011, 01:54 PM

......so long as YOU remember how the Alamodump was closed just as well.....

..just sayin :tu

The ADMIRAL 50
08-28-2011, 02:58 PM
Reading that was just like reading a summary of all the things that made Phil a super whiny bitch. Great coach, but wow that's pretty embarassing/classless. Seemed more appropriate to be posted by a Phil hater tbh.

Deuce Bigalow
08-28-2011, 03:03 PM
......so long as YOU remember how the Alamodump was closed just as well.....

..just sayin :tu
:lol

ElNono
08-28-2011, 03:05 PM

How would you know, son? Were you living in North Carolina back then? :lol

lol Charlotte Hornets

badfish22
08-28-2011, 03:08 PM
:lol it was fun sendin him home for good

Spursfan092120
08-28-2011, 03:16 PM
Soo...what you're saying is..Phil Jackson bitches....a LOT

ChumpDumper
08-28-2011, 08:53 PM
I had no idea Phil whined this much in true whore fashion to anyone with a microphone.

Thanks for setting the record straight. :tu

Koolaid_Man
08-28-2011, 09:23 PM
I had no idea Phil whined this much in true whore fashion to anyone with a microphone.

Thanks for setting the record straight. :tu

It's not whining it's trendsetting...and the result usually meant more calls for LA the next game...we'll see if Mike Brown can summon the Zen spirit :lol

Sean Cagney
08-28-2011, 10:16 PM
No it's pretty much just an excuse that make LA fans feel better being they got swept outta the forum that year and that was that. Thats why they use it, you know it and I know it.

Like I said Skins have two titles in the NFL from shortened years, nobody says shit about it, just some immature LA fans shit to make them feel better. How did SA have an advantage to go 15-2 against teams who played the same amount of games? Dumb fuck give it up.

daslicer
08-28-2011, 11:21 PM
No it's pretty much just an excuse that make LA fans feel better being they got swept outta the forum that year and that was that. Thats why they use it, you know it and I know it.

Like I said Skins have two titles in the NFL from shortened years, nobody says shit about it, just some immature LA fans shit to make them feel better. How did SA have an advantage to go 15-2 against teams who played the same amount of games? Dumb fuck give it up.

Rza come on man I can't believe you responded to this bs. You know and I know in the year 2040 when fans are looking in the history books nobody is going to care about the '99 championship except 70 year old laker fans.

Jose Canseco
08-28-2011, 11:40 PM
It's not whining it's trendsetting...and the result usually meant more calls for LA the next game...we'll see if Mike Brown can summon the Zen spirit :lol

He should have whined like a motherfucker in the Mavs series this post season then tbh.

Koolaid_Man
08-29-2011, 07:17 PM
He should have whined like a motherfucker in the Mavs series this post season then tbh.

when the mavs are doing the equivalent of taking HGH by sitting in Cryo chambers it's hard to compete with that...it's called unfair competitive advantage..I already discussed this ad naseum...

thew way these bastards cheated is unbelievable...they crossed the ethical line in my opinion

http://www.wfaa.com/sports/basketball/Dallas-Mavs-seek-out-experimental-thepay-to-rejuvinate-post-game-123575459.html

midnightpulp
08-29-2011, 07:19 PM
BQJPHAuctMY

DMC
08-29-2011, 10:55 PM
when the mavs are doing the equivalent of taking HGH by sitting in Cryo chambers it's hard to compete with that...it's called unfair competitive advantage..I already discussed this ad naseum...

thew way these bastards cheated is unbelievable...they crossed the ethical line in my opinion

http://www.wfaa.com/sports/basketball/Dallas-Mavs-seek-out-experimental-thepay-to-rejuvinate-post-game-123575459.html

Cryo chambers... lol.

So if the guy visits the Arctic Circle, has he gained an unfair advantage?

I am convinced you are not a Lakers fan. A real Lakers fan would never portray himself to be such a dumbass on the opponent's forum. You are instead trying to portray average Laker fan as a dumbass.

LkrFan
08-30-2011, 12:41 AM
BQJPHAuctMY

Bragging on another team's success. Pitiful midnightpulp. Just plain pitiful. :depressed