PDA

View Full Version : Listening to the Ticket 760 online

Spurminator
06-13-2005, 02:21 PM
Who the hell is this clown with Chris Myers, and how does he have a job in broadcasting?

travis2
06-13-2005, 02:28 PM
Bryan Cox.

Great football player (former). Doesn't know shit about basketball.

Taco
06-13-2005, 02:30 PM
Bryan Cox.

Great football player (former). Doesn't know shit about basketball.

it's Cocks

Spurminator
06-13-2005, 02:36 PM
This is painful. I would pity him if he wasn't taking a job that could be better filled by any of thousands of homeless people.

SWC Bonfire
06-13-2005, 02:42 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one suffering through this shit. These guys are no-talent hacks who do not have any idea what they're talking about!

Cox is a pure hater. He will be a hater forever. And you wonder why SA fans want respect, when all we get is unfounded crap like what is coming from this neckroll wearing, lead with the head because it ain't useful for much else motherfucker.

Is Chris Myers related to Joel Myers? I hope not.

Xolotl
06-13-2005, 03:09 PM
The only thing Cox is remembered for at least in my eyes is when he told fans that in his heart they are number 1 :flipoff

iminlakerland
06-13-2005, 03:10 PM
Wasn't he on Best Damn Sports Show for a while?

Taco
06-13-2005, 03:38 PM
yeah but they canned his ass

samikeyp
06-13-2005, 03:39 PM
his middle name should be "sucks"

iminlakerland
06-13-2005, 05:05 PM
yeah but they canned his ass

LoL i remember John Salley cracking jokes on him on a daily basis. I haven't watched the show in a while, so im wondering is Sall still on the show? Cuz hes now a morning radio host for 100.3 the beat

pooh
06-13-2005, 05:49 PM
Chris Myers use to be on ESPN long ago.

Xolotl
06-13-2005, 05:53 PM
Didnt he used to do the Outside the Lines show?? Damn I don't even turn to 760 when he's on. I'd rather hear Silver Stars basketball, or........whatever the hell those soccer teams names are from the MLS

samikeyp
06-13-2005, 06:06 PM
Bob Ley has always done Outside the Lines.

maxpower
06-13-2005, 07:12 PM
I no longer take anything cox says seriously. He admits, he doesn't like basketball, probably does not watch it(much less the Spurs). Anything he says about the spurs is probably based on 3rd party reports. The funny thing is he is on his high horse about no matter how hard the spurs play this series(a one time occurence) it will not change what he thinks about them...when it is more than likely he came to his conclusion about the Spurs based on one incident where Duncan was chastised by Pop for crying to the refs.

On a related note...

If anyone has the ear of Lundy or a higher up on the Ticket why o why are they not broadcasting more local coverage during this Finals period.

If the tv stations can go bananas over storm watch 2000 and preempt all programming with pictures of wet reporters, why not add a couple of additional hours to local programming( one additional hour to morning and one additional hour to begin the afternoon show). It would have the twofold effect of giving us more spurs talk and less extravaganza(which is ironic since it is anything but) and cox's baseless rants.

pooh
06-14-2005, 03:04 PM
I no longer take anything cox says seriously. He admits, he doesn't like basketball, probably does not watch it(much less the Spurs). Anything he says about the spurs is probably based on 3rd party reports. The funny thing is he is on his high horse about no matter how hard the spurs play this series(a one time occurence) it will not change what he thinks about them...when it is more than likely he came to his conclusion about the Spurs based on one incident where Duncan was chastised by Pop for crying to the refs.

On a related note...

If anyone has the ear of Lundy or a higher up on the Ticket why o why are they not broadcasting more local coverage during this Finals period.

If the tv stations can go bananas over storm watch 2000 and preempt all programming with pictures of wet reporters, why not add a couple of additional hours to local programming( one additional hour to morning and one additional hour to begin the afternoon show). It would have the twofold effect of giving us more spurs talk and less extravaganza(which is ironic since it is anything but) and cox's baseless rants.

I think the coverage they have now is just about the same as what they had back in 2003.

When the Cowboys were winning Super Bowls, etc. WOAI never broadcasted the audio from the Cowboys flagship station after the NFC divisional playoffs. We always got the Westwood One or CBS radio version. It would've been nice to have heard Brad Sham and Dale Hansen calling those games. I'm not sure if KTSA does the same thing or would do, should the Cowboys made it back to the Playoffs, and Super Bowl.

But back to your previous statement. 760 is running enough local programming right now as it is. Any more would be overkill. I'm sure that once the Spurs do win it all, they'll have more coverage up to the river parade, etc.

T Park
06-14-2005, 03:11 PM
760 is running enough local programming right now as it is. Any more would be overkill

replace that Chris Meyers and Brian Cox debacle with a local show and then itll be good.

More local the better.

National gets old.

Dont like it?? move.

bigzak25
06-14-2005, 03:54 PM
did you guys catch them talking about the weather in detroit this morning and they were saying it was really nice and only 65 degrees, but then walter says "just wait til they flip the cars over and light'em on fire, then it'll get up to bout 90" :lol

N.Y. Johnny
06-14-2005, 11:14 PM
I never thought I'd ever hear anything worse than the local sports radio, but Fox Sports Net has really gone to shit since they did all their new moves. Getting Rid of Bruno in the AM really fucked up the morning and everything else.

Brian Cox is a brain dead idiot

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-14-2005, 11:26 PM
yesterday on my way to LasikPlus, I was listening to that bum.

Someone from SA called up and questioned why Cox watched the game because he said he wasn't going to./ Blah blah blah. The co-host then said something about why they're getting a lot of San Antonio callers.

Cox interruptes the co-host and say's: "I'll tell you why they're calling. Because there's nothing to do in that small pathetic town down there." 10 seconds later after the other says he's been to SA and really lilkes it, Cox reveals he's never even been to San Antonio and he based his statement on his mother's friend who lives here and says she doesn't like it.

Fucking idiot.

maxpower
06-14-2005, 11:27 PM
well.....we got an additional hour in the pm...nice.
now if we could get on less of the lesstravaganza...perfection.

N.Y. Johnny
06-14-2005, 11:41 PM
God that Extravaganza is just unlistenable now. They just need to pop a cap in it and let it die, Hopefully when Bruno gets syndicated on SNORING News Network (Sporting News) he'll ultimately crush it!