PDA

View Full Version : Move Over Magic A New Stud Is In Town

Koolaid_Man
08-30-2011, 09:47 PM
It's time to pass the torch. We honored Magic long enough...it's time...

Bryant played in 82 games (all starts) last year for the Lakers and he averaged 33.9 minutes, 25.3 points, 5,1 rebounds, 4.7 assists and 1.2 steals per game.

Bryant has now played in 1,103 games (955 starts) in his first 15 years with the Lakers and he averaged 36.4 minutes, 25.3 points, 5.3 rebounds, 4.7 assists and 1.5 steals per game.

Bryant is already the Lakers’ all-time leader in points scored (27,868), games played (1,103) and three pointers made (1,418). He is also #7 in rebounds (5,829), #3 in assists (5,154), #2 in steals (1,653) and he’s #7 in blocked shots (576).

The Black Mamba still has it despite dealing with knee issues all of last year.

Spursfan092120
08-30-2011, 09:52 PM
It's time to pass the torch. We honored Magic long enough...it's time...

Bryant played in 82 games (all starts) last year for the Lakers and he averaged 33.9 minutes, 25.3 points, 5,1 rebounds, 4.7 assists and 1.2 steals per game.

Bryant has now played in 1,103 games (955 starts) in his first 15 years with the Lakers and he averaged 36.4 minutes, 25.3 points, 5.3 rebounds, 4.7 assists and 1.5 steals per game.

Bryant is already the Lakers’ all-time leader in points scored (27,868), games played (1,103) and three pointers made (1,418). He is also #7 in rebounds (5,829), #3 in assists (5,154), #2 in steals (1,653) and he’s #7 in blocked shots (576).

The Black Mamba still has it despite rapin bitches all of last year.

lefty
08-30-2011, 09:52 PM
Legit AIDS >>>> rapERIOD

TBH

dunkman
08-30-2011, 10:25 PM
They played similar mpg Magic 36.7 vs. 36.4 Kobe, so the stats can be compared straight away:

Magic 19.5 ppg, 11.2 apg, 7.2 rpg, 1.9 spg, 0.4 bpg, 3.9 TO

vs.

Kobe 25.3 ppg, 4.7 apg, 5.3 rpg, 1.5 spg, 0.5 bpg, 2.9 TO

While Magic looked to set plays for others first, he was also more efficient scorer too. Magic 1.48 Pts/FGA vs. Kobe 1.30, which speaks about overall talent.

I would go on record saying that Magic was better PG than Kobe SG, that by ridiculous margins. Magic was better too in things Kobe excels (clutchness and FT's).

midnightpulp
08-30-2011, 10:27 PM
Not trolling your retarded ass here when I say that Magic Johnson was simply a better basketball player than Kobe Bryant.

Koolaid_Man
08-30-2011, 10:30 PM
They played similar mpg Magic 36.7 vs. 36.4 Kobe, so the stats can be compared straight away:

Magic 19.5 ppg, 11.2 apg, 7.2 rpg, 1.9 spg, 0.4 bpg, 3.9 TO

vs.

Kobe 25.3 ppg, 4.7 apg, 5.3 rpg, 1.5 spg, 0.5 bpg, 2.9 TO

While Magic looked to set plays for others first, he was also more efficient scorer too. Magic 1.48 Pts/FGA vs. Kobe 1.30, which speaks about overall talent.

I would go on record saying that Magic was better PG than Kobe SG, that by ridiculous margins. Magic was better too in things Kobe excels (clutchness and FT's).

I'm not going to say anything bad about the Magic man...he was my man 50 grand...while Kobe is my man 100 grand...Magic and Kobe is the best back court of all time... it's just time for Magic to move over now...:toast we must be progressive

Koolaid_Man
08-30-2011, 10:35 PM
Not trolling your retarded ass here when I say that Magic Johnson was simply a better basketball player than Kobe Bryant.

If I'm starting a team I'm picking Kobe over Magic...it's like Barkley said: "If Kobe is the closet thing we've seen since MJ ( and many basketball purists agree) then it stands to reason he's better than Magic." :toast but not by a huge margin..some would argue they're equals at this point but Kobe is getting ready to move beyond # 5...

lefty
08-30-2011, 10:40 PM
Magc led his team to the Finals without a dominant big in 1991.

Kobe, without Shaq and Gasol, has been either an automatic 1st round exit or hasn't made the playoffs

/thread

midnightpulp
08-30-2011, 10:41 PM
I'm not going to say anything bad about the Magic man...he was my man 50 grand...while Kobe is my man 100 grand...Magic and Kobe is the best back court of all time... it's just time for Magic to move over now...:toast we must be progressive

Lol. Magic dominates the Rich Man's Latrell Spreewell in nearly all statistical categories except scoring, which I'm not convinced Kobe does all that much better. When called on, Magic could take over a game with his scoring, as evidenced in the 1980 Finals and the proceeding season after Kareem retired when Magic averaged 25 points on .490 shooting in the playoffs.

Magic has Kobe beat both in the statistical and intangible departments.

Kobe's a borderline top ten great, while you could actually argue Magic as the GOAT.

ElNono
08-30-2011, 10:41 PM
:lol That's why you'll never be starting a team, Kevin

Koolaid_Man
08-30-2011, 10:55 PM
Lol. Magic dominates the Rich Man's Latrell Spreewell in nearly all statistical categories except scoring, which I'm not convinced Kobe does all that much better. When called on, Magic could take over a game with his scoring, as evidenced in the 1980 Finals and the proceeding season after Kareem retired when Magic averaged 25 points on .490 shooting in the playoffs.

Magic has Kobe beat both in the statistical and intangible departments.

Kobe's a borderline top ten great, while you could actually argue Magic as the GOAT.

As of today I will concede only that Kobe is Magic's equal...Magic himself said that in LA we judge greatness by titles won. Kobe dam near has all the Laker records he will go down as the greatest Laker ever with Magic coming in 2nd place. That's how it's going down. Now Kobe needs 1 more ring ( even though 2 more will suffice) and he needs to surpass MJ in points scored which he will very soon...

Koolaid_Man
08-30-2011, 10:57 PM
:lol That's why you'll never be starting a team, Kevin

wanna bet? :lol

Cully Point Guard
Katie Girl - Center
Kevin - Wing Man

midnightpulp
08-30-2011, 10:59 PM
If I'm starting a team I'm picking Kobe over Magic...it's like Barkley said: "If Kobe is the closet thing we've seen since MJ ( and many basketball purists agree) then it stands to reason he's better than Magic." :toast but not by a huge margin..some would argue they're equals at this point but Kobe is getting ready to move beyond # 5...

Then you're a fuckin' moron.

Kobe needs a specialized group of talent of around him to maximize his game. All Magic needs is a couple of athletes on the wings and a few good role players, and he's gravy.

The roster on that '91 team was underwhelming compared to the Showtime Laker squads (hell, it was underwhelming compared to that year's Blazers, who every thought was a lock to reach the Finals), and Magic, past his prime at this point, still led them to 58 wins and a Finals berth. That off-season, Magic retired, resulting in a 15 win drop off and a first round exit for the 91-92 Lakers.

Koolaid_Man
08-30-2011, 11:02 PM

Kobe needs a specialized group of talent of around him to maximize his game. All Magic needs is a couple of athletes on the wings and a few good role players, and he's gravy.

The roster on that '91 team was underwhelming compared to the Showtime Laker squads (hell, it was underwhelming compared to that year's Blazers, who every thought was a lock to reach the Finals), and Magic, past his prime at this point, still led them to 58 wins and a Finals berth. That off-season, Magic retired, resulting in a 15 win drop off and a first round exit for the 91-92 Lakers.

Do you give Boom Boom or Yum Yum....:lol

Mr. OCD get over yourself...Magic always played with great teams...and always had All-Star caliber players when he was winning titles.

Save it dude...:lol You're only lying to your lonesome

Koolaid_Man
08-30-2011, 11:04 PM

See I can trust that Kobe is going to go out and just take that shit...raw if he has to....whereas Magic likes to cuddle in the sheets and let the shit fester till it grows into something you can't get rid of...:lol

baseline bum
08-30-2011, 11:05 PM
Kobe got the SIDA too?

midnightpulp
08-30-2011, 11:05 PM
As of today I will concede only that Kobe is Magic's equal...Magic himself said that in LA we judge greatness by titles won. Kobe dam near has all the Laker records he will go down as the greatest Laker ever with Magic coming in 2nd place. That's how it's going down. Now Kobe needs 1 more ring ( even though 2 more will suffice) and he needs to surpass MJ in points scored which he will very soon...

Overrated stat :sleep

How does he compare to MJ in PPG and FG%?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

midnightpulp
08-30-2011, 11:07 PM
See I can trust that Kobe is going to go out and just take that shit...raw if he has to....whereas Magic likes to cuddle in the sheets and let the shit fester till it grows into something you can't get rid of...:lol

Was that trust present when he was doing his best Latrell Spreewell imitation against the Mavericks?

The only thing he took in that was Jason Kidd's dick up his ass. And he took that shit raw, indeed.

Leetonidas
08-30-2011, 11:08 PM
:lol living vicariously through Kobe Bryant

Leetonidas
08-30-2011, 11:10 PM

Not to mention MJ played in less games than Kobe and Bryant still needs about 5000 points to catch him :lmao

Koolaid_Man
08-30-2011, 11:15 PM

MJ wasn't be guarded by Bruce Bowen, Shefalosa, and The Kobe Stopper :lol - Rueben Patterson, and on and on and on I could go. The one player that really got into MJ's ass MJ couldn't really do shit against. Thus the higher %

MJ had only one player that defended him...Kobe has many:

E4ZlHwMstDc

Koolaid_Man
08-30-2011, 11:18 PM
Not to mention MJ played in less games than Kobe and Bryant still needs about 5000 points to catch him :lmao

Listen MJ didn't play with Shaq...Kobe had to share the rock...so Kobe's stats are more impressive to me given he had to play with the most dominant big man in NBA history...and in spite of Shaq he's still right behind MJ...:lol

midnightpulp
08-30-2011, 11:19 PM
[QUOTE]If I'm starting a team, I'm picking Magic over anyone in history.

Intelligent statement. While I prefer to go with bigs, Magic is the greatest team basketball player the game has ever seen.

If Kobe wins another title then he wears the crown.

Massively retarded statement. I don't understand why you idiots reduce everything to raw ring counts. So say if Bynum magically transforms into the next great big, or the Lakers acquire Dwight Howard (along with other key additions, as they usually do), and they lead a 36 year old Kobe Bryant (who, say, averages something like 17 points per game on 40% shooting, and doesn't win the Finals MVP) to his 6th title, you'll still place "the crown" on his head?

LkrFan
08-30-2011, 11:20 PM
Not yet Kool. He still have a little more to prove to pass Magic. Here is my requirements for him:

1. Win another ring. That would be 6 (and counting) to Magic's 5. Magic's 5 were during a tougher era so I'd almost have to see Kobe win 2 more to really pass Magic. In the rough and tumble '80s, the Lakers were lead to the Finals 9 times. If not for injuries in '89 they 3peat and Magic is sitting on 6 rings, tbh.

2. To expound on my first point, if he wins even one more ring, he would have really added to his legend by winning another ring without Shaq AND without Phil (MJ never did anything before or after Phil).

He wins another ring and I agree with you 100%. He's really close to Magic already due to the fact that he already plays on both sides of the ball (defensively Magic can't hold a candle to Kobe). He does the above and the discussion is over - at least in my mind.

PS - I am a HUGE Magic fan so although Kobe is my man 100 grand, I can't give him the title just yet. ;)

midnightpulp
08-30-2011, 11:24 PM
Listen MJ didn't play with Shaq...Kobe had to share the rock...so Kobe's stats are more impressive to me given he had to play with the most dominant big man in NBA history...and in spite of Shaq he's still right behind MJ...:lol

Yeah, that one and a half less shot attempt per game he averaged alongside Shaq during the 01-04 seasons as compared to now really casts doubts on what his scoring output/average "could've been." :lmao

LkrFan
08-30-2011, 11:24 PM
If I'm starting a team, I'm picking Magic over anyone in history. If Kobe wins another title then he wears the crown.

Gonna have to cosign this. Magic played all 5 positions. Literally. By comparison, Kobe can legitimately play positions 1-3 if needed.

midnightpulp
08-30-2011, 11:26 PM
MJ wasn't be guarded by Bruce Bowen, Shefalosa, and The Kobe Stopper :lol - Rueben Patterson, and on and on and on I could go. The one player that really got into MJ's ass MJ couldn't really do shit against. Thus the higher %

E4ZlHwMstDc

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Great fuckin' defenders!

baseline bum
08-30-2011, 11:28 PM
If I'm starting a team, I'm picking Magic over anyone in history. If Kobe wins another title then he wears the crown.

I gotta take Jordan since I know he won't go and start taking it in the ass in response to his bigman getting too old to compete.

DeadlyDynasty
08-30-2011, 11:32 PM
Magic.

You'll never see anything better than a Finals-clinching triple-double on the road from a rookie PG forced to play C because the team's best player was out. Simply the greatest finals performance ever, and it's not even close imo

midnightpulp
08-30-2011, 11:36 PM
Of all the players I've seen play, Magic was hands down the best team player, and his will to win was unmatched.

If Kobe notches number 6, he wears the Laker crown and becomes the all-time fan favorite. Not even magic can transform Bynum into a great big, and if we land Dwight, the Lakers will still need someone to close games and hit clutch shots. That would still be Kobe. Don't expect Kobe to fall off a cliff like you see Jim doing. The guy is still the most skilled player in the league, and can still score with the best of them.

Just because a bunch of beaners and retarded celebrities will put Kobe over Magic doesn't mean Kobe actually surpasses Magic in reality.

Koolaid_Man
08-30-2011, 11:38 PM
Not yet Kool. He still have a little more to prove to pass Magic. Here is my requirements for him:

1. Win another ring. That would be 6 (and counting) to Magic's 5. Magic's 5 were during a tougher era so I'd almost have to see Kobe win 2 more to really pass Magic. In the rough and tumble '80s, the Lakers were lead to the Finals 9 times. If not for injuries in '89 they 3peat and Magic is sitting on 6 rings, tbh.

2. To expound on my first point, if he wins even one more ring, he would have really added to his legend by winning another ring without Shaq AND without Phil (MJ never did anything before or after Phil).

He wins another ring and I agree with you 100%. He's this close to Magic already due to the fact that he already plays on both sides of the ball. He does the above and the discussion is over - at least in my mind.

PS - I am a HUGE Magic fan so although Kobe is my man 100 grand, I can't give him the title just yet. ;)

I agree, I think they're equals today but Kobe will surpass him. Even though 80's era was more hard nosed, today's era is bigger, faster, stronger, and way more athletic. Magic was the man but in their primes 1:1 no way he stays in front of Kobe..he was too slow laterally. His J wasn't the best but he was a great team player. I think Kobe would have fouled Magic out and his scoring would have been too much for Magic to overcome...It would really depend on the teams...If you take Magic's best teammates and compare them to Kobe's best teammates that would be a hell of a game.

So you would have:

Magic
Worthy
Kareem
Cooper
McAdoo

vs

Kobe
Shaq
Pau
Glen Rice
Artest

I'm going with Kobe's team :lol

LkrFan
08-30-2011, 11:38 PM
Of all the players I've seen play, Magic was hands down the best team player, and his will to win was unmatched.

If Kobe notches number 6, he wears the Laker crown and becomes the all-time fan favorite. Not even magic can transform Bynum into a great big, and if we land Dwight, the Lakers will still need someone to close games and hit clutch shots. That would still be Kobe. Don't expect Kobe to fall off a cliff like you see Jim doing. The guy is still the most skilled player in the league, and can still score with the best of them.

:lol

What these clowns fail to realize is that if you have a good jumper you can play in this league a long time and still be effective. Look at Reggie Miller, Bird, Ray Allen - players like that. Kobe will still be effective as long as he has his jumper. I honestly don't see him losing it no time soon and he will play probably another 3-5 years. No he won't be dunking on people but he doesn't do that much anymore to begin with.

DeadlyDynasty
08-30-2011, 11:40 PM
crofl Glen Rice...one year rental

Koolaid_Man
08-30-2011, 11:44 PM
crofl Glen Rice...one year rental

it still counts...look what Ron Ron did in a year :lol

DeadlyDynasty
08-30-2011, 11:46 PM
it still counts...look what Ron Ron did in a year :lol

True, but Ron Ron was actually a factor. Rice was underwhelming in the postseason, had no handles, and couldn't play defense to save his life. He was that team's Vlad-Rad

Koolaid_Man
08-30-2011, 11:48 PM
True, but Ron Ron was actually a factor. Rice was underwhelming in the postseason, had no handles, and couldn't play defense to save his life. He was that team's Vlad-Rad

Ok then Sub Rice for Horry...geeez

LkrFan
08-30-2011, 11:48 PM
I agree, I think they're equals today but Kobe will surpass him. Even though 80's era was more hard nosed, today's era is bigger, faster, stronger, and way more athletic. Magic was the man but in their primes 1:1 no way he stays in front of Kobe..he was too slow laterally. His J wasn't the best but he was a great team player. I think Kobe would have fouled Magic out and his scoring would have been too much for Magic to overcome...It would really depend on the teams...If you take Magic's best teammates and compare them to Kobe's best teammates that would be a hell of a game.

So you would have:

Magic
Worthy
Kareem
Cooper
McAdoo

vs

Kobe
Shaq
Pau
Glen Rice
Artest

I'm going with Kobe's team :lol

Tru dat - we know Magic couldn't guard Kobe. Two thoughts come to mind. I think MJ's highest scoring average against a single team is against the Lakers. Serious. The other thought is I saw Kobe ruthlessly send MJ to the tree of woe with 55 stitches (42 at the half) - against Magic it would have been worse. :lol

Yet in still, if I'm starting a team I'm starting with Magic. Magic can make a 3rd string player look as good as a starter. Kobe is a capable passer and has made his teammates better, but Magic was out of this world as a passer.

They both killed you in different ways. Magic with a pass (and a smile on his face). Kobe with a dunk or a jumper (with a scowl on his). I guess you couldn't go wrong with either one, but until Kobe gets number 6, I gotta go with the Magic man. :toast

Oh and in your scenario, their benches would be a a factor. In that regard I would substitute B Scott and bring Coop off the bench. Magic's team, 142, Kobe's team 139 in triple OT. :lol

ElNono
08-30-2011, 11:51 PM
Magic can make a 3rd string player look as good as a starter.

:lol Kobe can make a good starter look as good as a great spectator.

Koolaid_Man
08-30-2011, 11:54 PM
Tru dat - we know Magic couldn't guard Kobe. Two thoughts come to mind. I think MJ's highest scoring average against a single team is against the Lakers. Serious. The other thought is I saw Kobe ruthlessly send MJ to the tree of woe with 55 stitches (42 at the half) - against Magic it would have been worse. :lol

Yet in still, if I'm starting a team I'm starting with Magic. Magic can make a 3rd string player look as good as a starter. Kobe is a capable passer and has made his teammates better, but Magic was out of this world as a passer.

They both killed you in different ways. Magic with a pass (and a smile on his face). Kobe with a dunk or a jumper (with a scowl on his). I guess you couldn't go wrong with either one, but until Kobe gets number 6, I gotta go with the Magic man. :toast

Oh and in your scenario, their benches would be a a factor. In that regard I would substitute B Scott and bring Coop off the bench. Magic's team, 142, Kobe's team 139 in triple OT. :lol

well let me have D Fish's young legs with his old man clutchness and we got ourselves a ball game...

Kareem would own Shaq only problem is Shaq would cave Kareems chest in :rollin

Koolaid_Man
08-30-2011, 11:56 PM
Not to mention, Kobe never had a rival, which truly defines great players legacy. They tried to make it Jim, but he flamed out too fast, and was owned too often. Kobe kind of set himself apart from everyone, especially after Shaq left. Magic had another great rival from beginning to end.

so what you saying is Kobe made mince meat of Duncan :lol

Koolaid_Man
08-30-2011, 11:58 PM
I don't think that they would even guard each other. If so, Magic would take Kobe down on the block and basically be charged with murder. I substitute Scott for Coop, and Green for McAdoo. Magic runs Kobe out the gym.

No we switch on defense and put a prime Artest on Magic...Artest would body him up...

Koolaid_Man
08-31-2011, 12:01 AM
Kobe was to the 2000's what MJ was to the 90's. They had no rival.

"The triangle only works because of me and Kobe"

-Michael Jordan

you know Luva it sure is cool turning Spurstalk into Lakerstalk :lmao

ElNono
08-31-2011, 12:13 AM
:lol Narutotalk
:lol stinky
:lol paki
:lol asian
:lol tired old shitbag
:lol Kevin
:lol Kevin Jr
:lol welcher
:lol cock
:lol white water rafting

Koolaid_Man
08-31-2011, 12:15 AM
:lol Narutotalk
:lol stinky
:lol paki
:lol asian
:lol tired old shitbag
:lol Kevin
:lol Kevin Jr
:lol cock
:lol white water rafting

:lolElnono - Tranny Website King

ElNono
08-31-2011, 12:18 AM
:lol 19 y/o dad
:lol manicure
:lol pedicure
:lol massage
:lol hood
:lol hitting on trannys
:lol Hendrix fan

LkrFan
08-31-2011, 12:18 AM
you know Luva it sure is cool turning Spurstalk into Lakerstalk :lmao

:toast

ElNono
08-31-2011, 12:20 AM
:downspin: that shit

BTW, did Lakersground ever came back after 4-0? :lol

midnightpulp
08-31-2011, 12:28 AM
In accomplishments, yes he does. You are the same guy arguing with me claiming that the Lakers was Kareem's team up until around '84.I said it was his team from day one. Kobe will have a greater legacy the Magic when it's all said and done.

I still stand by that. It's near-prime Kareem for Christ sake. Put Jordan on those Lakers and it'd still be Kareem's team.

lefty
08-31-2011, 06:36 AM

E4ZlHwMstDc

Fail

Dumars, Starks, Mitch richmond, Blackman all played good D on MJ

LkrFan
08-31-2011, 06:38 AM
:downspin: that shit

BTW, did Lakersground ever came back after 4-0? :lol

Yep - sure did. Just how ST came back after 0.4. :lol

See how that works? :downspin:

DMC
08-31-2011, 08:00 AM
Listen I love Kobe. I would suck his cock in downtown LA at high noon on a Saturday and give you an hour to draw a crowd (If I could get a ride from the Houston ghetto). That's how I feel about him. So when I make any new thread, expect to see further proof of this.

DMC
08-31-2011, 08:02 AM
Yep - sure did. Just how ST came back after 0.4. :lol

See how that works? :downspin:
Let's see how they do after 0 and Brown.

ambchang
08-31-2011, 08:38 AM
Both rode coattails. Only one of them rode it his entire career, while the other came to his own later on in his career.

What's Magic's FG% in elimination games?

LkrFan
08-31-2011, 04:53 PM
Let's see how they do after 0 and Brown.

Make it out of the first round of the playoffs before you talk smack about the Lakers:

1) Lakers
2) Thunder
3) Champs
4) Portland
5) San Antonio
6) Clippers
7) Jazz
8) Hornets

Blazers 4, Spurs 2. Retirement: Jim Dunan