PDA

View Full Version : USA wasnt always such a push over one illegals from mexico

The_Worlds_finest
08-31-2011, 02:02 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Wetback

Operation Wetback was a 1954 operation by the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) to remove illegal immigrants, mostly Mexican nationals from the southwestern United States.[1]
Contents [hide]

Burgeoning numbers of Mexican migrants prompted President Dwight D. Eisenhower to appoint General Joseph Swing as INS Commissioner. According to Attorney General Herbert Brownell, Jr., Eisenhower had a sense of urgency about illegal immigration upon taking office. In a letter to Senator J. William Fulbright, Eisenhower quoted a report in The New York Times that said, "The rise in illegal border-crossing by Mexican 'wetbacks' to a current rate of more than 1,000,000 cases a year has been accompanied by a curious relaxation in ethical standards extending all the way from the farmer-exploiters of this contraband labor to the highest levels of the Federal Government."[2]
[edit]Operation Wetback in action

The effort began in California and Arizona in 1954 and coordinated 1075 Border Patrol agents, along with state and local police agencies. Tactics employed included going house to house in Mexican-American neighborhoods and citizenship checks during standard traffic stops.
Some 750 agents targeted agricultural areas with a goal of 1,000 apprehensions per day. By the end of July, over 50,000 illegal aliens were caught in the two states. An estimated 488,000 illegal aliens are believed to have left voluntarily, for fear of being apprehended. By September, 80,000 had been taken into custody in Texas, and the INS estimated that 500,000 to 700,000 had left Texas of their own accord. To discourage illicit re-entry, buses and trains took many deportees deep within Mexican territory before releasing them.
Tens of thousands more were deported by two chartered ships: the Emancipation and the Mercurio. The ships ferried them from Port Isabel, Texas, to Veracruz, Mexico, more than 500 miles to the south. Some were taken as far as 1000 miles. Deportation by sea was ended after seven deportees jumped overboard from the Mercurio and drowned, provoking a mutiny that led to a public outcry in Mexico.[1]

TDMVPDPOY
08-31-2011, 02:38 AM
if the white folks and color wankers dont wanna do the agriculture jobs...then whose going to do it besides cheap labour down south?

The_Worlds_finest
08-31-2011, 03:45 AM
Hell yeah people will do the jobs...if only the employer wasnt already paying some illegal a fraction of minimum wage. I would suggest making that practice a felony and possibly even treason.

Im deemed "a person who wouldnt do those jobs" even though I have done tons of those jobs...

boutons_deux
08-31-2011, 04:56 AM
"plenty of people would do those jobs"

Do you have any evidence?

btw, $Bs are stolen from illegal aliens in long-delayed, by employers with underpaid, non-paid wages, and of course stolen from the govt by the employers not paying payroll taxes.

Illegals make a huge contribution to the economy, like keeping labor-intensive production lik food (and McMansions) a lot cheaper than if living wages were fully paid.

Illegals didn't cause the Banksters' Great Depression.

UCA's NAFTA caused millions of illegals to lose their shitty jobs in MX and flee to USA.

The_Worlds_finest
08-31-2011, 06:53 AM
"plenty of people would do those jobs"

Do you have any evidence?

Where is your evidence that people wouldn't?

I have worked many of jobs that illegals are chosen for; car-washing , dish washing, cook, janitorial work, manual labor.

However, my friend, they do seem to have a firm grasp on jobs you and I don't want; ie, smuggling/manufacturing/selling drugs, operating sex slavery rings, robbing banks, shoplifting....etc etc etc...

ChuckD
08-31-2011, 07:37 AM
the good ol days

...when blacks couldn't eat at the same restaurants or use the same bathrooms.

ChuckD
08-31-2011, 07:38 AM
plenty of people would do those jobs, that's just nonsense

Horseshit. Georgia, with their new strict laws, has crops rotting in the fields and 10% unemployment.

ChuckD
08-31-2011, 07:39 AM
Where is your evidence that people wouldn't?

I have worked many of jobs that illegals are chosen for; car-washing , dish washing, cook, janitorial work, manual labor.

However, my friend, they do seem to have a firm grasp on jobs you and I don't want; ie, smuggling/manufacturing/selling drugs, operating sex slavery rings, robbing banks, shoplifting....etc etc etc...

How old were you when you did those jobs, and for how long?

JohnnyMarzetti
08-31-2011, 07:52 AM

yeah, they are lining up for the jobs. :lol

boutons_deux
08-31-2011, 08:36 AM

However, dear asshole, give us some hard stats on how many of the 11M illegals are criminals, compared to the stats of Human-Americans who are criminals.

No need for stats on Corporate-Americans, since they are above the law, but hurt and destroy more of USA than all the illegals.

boutons_deux
08-31-2011, 08:43 AM

However, dear asshole, give us some hard stats on how many of the 11M illegals are criminals, compared to the stats of Human-Americans who are criminals.

No need for stats on Corporate-Americans, since they are above the law, but hurt and destroy more of USA than all the illegals.

http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr15/enok_photo/no-illegals-no-burritos.jpg

lefty
08-31-2011, 08:46 AM
No mexicans, no clean houses

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-31-2011, 08:50 AM
It's amazing how unemployed white people blame illegals for not having a job, not the corporations that have shipped millions of manufacturing jobs overseas because of Republican deregulation.

cantthinkofanything
08-31-2011, 08:53 AM
No mexicans, no clean houses

This.

In the 70's and 80's, black people cleaned houses, mowed yards, did roofiing, worked on road crews. It was the norm for a black father and his sons to do yards all day.
I can't remember the last time I saw a black maid, lawnguy, roofer, or one working on a road crew. Maybe they have all become surgeons or something.
In any event, I see Mexicans all over the place busting thier asses to support their families. And do shit that other lazies (black and white) don't.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-31-2011, 08:56 AM
This.

In the 70's and 80's, black people cleaned houses, mowed yards, did roofiing, worked on road crews. It was the norm for a black father and his sons to do yards all day.
I can't remember the last time I saw a black maid, lawnguy, roofer, or one working on a road crew. Maybe they have all become surgeons or something.
In any event, I see Mexicans all over the place busting thier asses to support their families. And do shit that other lazies (black and white) don't.
While I think illegal immigration is a problem that's massively blown out of proportion and isn't even close to being one of America's biggest problems, it's a fuckin myth that beaners are hard workers. They're the most lazy breed of human out there.

cantthinkofanything
08-31-2011, 09:05 AM
While I think illegal immigration is a problem that's massively blown out of proportion and isn't even close to being one of America's biggest problems, it's a fuckin myth that beaners are hard workers. They're the most lazy breed of human out there.

No doubt there are some lazy Mexicans. But empirical evidence tells me they are doing jobs that Whites and blacks won't.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-31-2011, 09:12 AM
No doubt there are some lazy Mexicans. But empirical evidence tells me they are doing jobs that Whites and blacks won't.
And they do those jobs in a lazy manner. The one job I ever had where I worked with a bunch of Mexicans was me doing a whole bunch of work while the 3-4 Mexicans I was working with would stand in the back and talk about how much tequila they were gonna drink after work.

cantthinkofanything
08-31-2011, 09:23 AM
And they do those jobs in a lazy manner. The one job I ever had where I worked with a bunch of Mexicans was me doing a whole bunch of work while the 3-4 Mexicans I was working with would stand in the back and talk about how much tequila they were gonna drink after work.

I don't know what job you were doing but it sounds like bad managment if they let that go on. From what I see, they are taking a bunch of jobs and I have to assume they are doing the jobs well enough to keep them. We won't let any of the white teenagers around do our lawn because they don't give a shit and do it half-assed. But the Mexican guys do it and do it right.

Drachen
08-31-2011, 09:25 AM

100%. The answer is in your question.

ElNono
08-31-2011, 10:36 AM
57 years later we can say without a doubt that Operation Wetback was an abject failure.

ElNono
08-31-2011, 10:39 AM
brah pay high school and college freshman 9 bucks an hour for after school help, and 12 bucks to some full time workers instead of paying illegals 7.50 and they'd do it.

But they aren't doing it. The $7.50 illegals are gone, and the crops are rotting and unemployment is at 10%.

ElNono
08-31-2011, 10:46 AM
How do you know they haven't?

ElNono
08-31-2011, 10:50 AM
I didn't ask you if you would do that job. I asked you how do you know that they haven't offered 'real livable wages'?

ElNono
08-31-2011, 11:13 AM
i guess i'll post the proof whenever you post yours that they have and the job offers were declined.

Exactly.

ElNono
08-31-2011, 11:19 AM
BTW, you can find some numbers here: link (http://www.politifact.com/georgia/statements/2011/jun/14/gary-black/some-farm-workers-do-earn-high-wages-not-all-do/)

We found that crop workers make about $9.18 an hour. Vegetable and melon workers were near $7.78. Blueberry workers made about $6.70 an hour. The soybean rate is $16.65, but that is for workers operating complex farm machinery, a relatively small number of workers.

We looked at spring and summer wages for the Southeast, which includes Georgia, Alabama and South Carolina. Field workers made $8.86 per hour during the week of April 11 through 17, 2010. They made $9.12 an hour July 11 through 17, 2010.

ElNono
08-31-2011, 11:26 AM
brah pay high school and college freshman 9 bucks an hour for after school help

I guess high school and college freshman are out of the picture...

Plus the other problem is that after certain amount, it becomes non-competitive. It's just cheaper to import from, say, Mexico or whatever. The US subsidizes farms, but it's not a isolationist country (at least right now).

ElNono
08-31-2011, 11:27 AM
tell me this: is it better to pay a white worker 12 an hour and have all of that money stay here and pay taxes on it, or pay a beaner 7.78 and have him send it back home to his family in mexico?

If they can still sell the products by paying $12/hour then sure. If they can't, then $7.78 it is.

ElNono
08-31-2011, 11:28 AM
Thing is, they do pay $9+/hour and:

A) rotten crops
B) 10% unemployment

ElNono
08-31-2011, 11:28 AM
globalism makes it hard to compete with countries that allow slave labor in ANY industry, that's why it's no good

I agree. But you can't ignore that's the world we live in.

ElNono
08-31-2011, 11:30 AM
Well, you also have to add that cost of living is a lot cheaper in other countries. It all adds up.

ElNono
08-31-2011, 11:41 AM
Agree. At the same time, if the government hands you a check for more money, the incentive to buckle down isn't going to be there, IMO.

ElNono
08-31-2011, 11:43 AM
Then again, you're single, which is probably the easiest situation to deal with as far as picking up whatever job is out there. When you're married, maybe even kids, it's difficult to survive with $9/hour, specially on seasonal jobs like that.

ElNono
08-31-2011, 12:12 PM
Times change and shit happens. And once you do engage into having a family, you can't just roll it back when the shit hits the fan. People had stable jobs 10-15 years ago, and the economy was booming.

ElNono
08-31-2011, 12:34 PM
if both parents work, you can survive off 9 an hour each until you make something else happen though.

With kids? Not sure about that at all. Obviously, depends on the place and the situation.

Wild Cobra
08-31-2011, 01:06 PM
Horseshit. Georgia, with their new strict laws, has crops rotting in the fields and 10% unemployment.
Then they need to make it pay better than living off the government teat.

Maybe... the government needs to make it harder to live off the government teat.

maybe... the government should send people over to work in the fields to retain eligible for benefits...

There are solutions. Just be creative.

Also, what is the possibility these are bumper crops left to rot, because if all were brought to marker, the supply would drive the prices down?

Wild Cobra
08-31-2011, 01:08 PM
But they aren't doing it. The $7.50 illegals are gone, and the crops are rotting and unemployment is at 10%.
That's disgusting...

Something must be done to put these people to work in the fields.

boutons_deux
08-31-2011, 01:38 PM
7.25 x 40 = $290/week, $1200/month

Why pay farm workers and dirt workers more than the minimum wage?

(which the Repugs want to abolish completely so Repug businessman can pay less).

Lower unemployment "wage" to minimum wage?

You'd have to eliminate unemployment wage completely to get people out to work for $7.25 (anyway, people here have said such people aren't worth 7.25)

And here's American Icon Hershey fucking over foreign workers, showing them the America that VRWC and UCA has created:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/25/opinion/americas-sweatshop-diplomacy.html

ElNono
08-31-2011, 01:43 PM
That's disgusting...

Something must be done to put these people to work in the fields.

Like what?

boutons_deux
08-31-2011, 02:15 PM
Corporate Elites Still Doing a Job on American Workers

the future for working families will be one of low wages, long periods of unemployment, no health coverage or pensions, a tattered safety net and practically no worker rights -- get used to it.

What are the "pro-growth policies" these economic elites are demanding from Washington? Deregulation of corporate power, de-unionization, reduction of taxes on corporations, the rich, cutting "entitlement" benefits (Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid), and the privatization of everything from education to transportation -- to name a few. Guess who grows under these policies and who shrinks?

By a glaring two-to-one margin, the American people have consistently been telling pollsters that the economic crisis is not deficit spending by the government, but jobs, jobs, jobs. Yet our political leaders and media have focused on Washington's ideological imbroglio over slashing trillions of dollars in spending, rather than dealing with the brutal reality that there are now four jobless Americans for each job opening. Meanwhile, the national presidential debate has turned into a right-wing clown show, with the likes of Gov. Rick Perry and Congresswoman Michele Bachmann suggesting we should eliminate the minimum wage as a way to create the "certainty" that corporations claim they must have before they start hiring again.

http://www.alternet.org/module/printversion/newsandviews/659581

And you assholes really think illegals are a huge problem, a national priority?

ChuckD
08-31-2011, 06:12 PM
It's amazing how unemployed white people blame illegals for not having a job, not the corporations that have shipped millions of manufacturing jobs overseas because of Republican deregulation.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-31-2011, 08:31 PM
Like what?

Knowing WC, shackles and chains probably

mingus
08-31-2011, 09:37 PM
maybe... the government should send people over to work in the fields to retain eligible for benefits...

Amen to that.

simply giving money to people isn't the answer. some kind of infrustructure or agricultural work. there's plenty of work to be done. unless you are physically handicapped you shouldn't be sitting on a pile of government money w/o working for it. many times you are not aiding someone by giving them money. true, some people will put it to good use, but many others will not and you're not helping them at all. if they work for it they'll think twice about what they do w/ it.

ElNono
08-31-2011, 10:05 PM
There's people that work AND still need benefits... not surprising seeing how much the minimum wage is...

Borat Sagyidev
09-01-2011, 09:09 AM

This has always been the case in the country, agricultual employment has never earned a"living wage"

White people have been avoiding to pay money from agricultural work in mass since slavery.

Slavery to share cropping to illegal immigration to...outsourcing. When that cheap labor cycle breaks down, it's going to be quite a sight.

Borat Sagyidev
09-01-2011, 09:20 AM
the good ol days

The good ole days, when white racists dominated the political landscape to make jim crow and sharecropping a commonplace in ag labor. Essentially anything to legitimize a nice cheap slave wage labor supply

In the mean time while your waiting for your white power revolution, if you want to mow some of my land in the SA hill country Area, I'll pay you $11 an hour. Of course if the goats beat you to the punch, too bad. Sometimes goats do a better job than racist trash.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-01-2011, 09:35 AM
This has always been the case in the country, agricultual employment has never earned a"living wage"

White people have been avoiding to pay money from agricultural work in mass since slavery.

Slavery to share cropping to illegal immigration to...outsourcing. When that cheap labor cycle breaks down, it's going to be quite a sight.
This. People just don't get it, field work in agriculture has never paid livable wages.

You want livable wages for white people? Talk to moron deregulators who supported stuff like NAFTA that enabled corporations to ship jobs overseas. Until then, I don't feel the least bit sorry the "THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!" white people who are too stupid to blame the right group.

boutons_deux
09-01-2011, 10:45 AM
Most manual labor, not only farm labor, pays below median wages (unless unionized to obtain a living wage).

LnGrrrR
09-01-2011, 12:59 PM

WC, the libertarian.

Agloco
09-01-2011, 01:08 PM
Then they need to make it pay better than living off the government teat.

:wtf

There are solutions. Just be creative and ignore my suggestion above.

Wild Cobra
09-01-2011, 02:18 PM
This. People just don't get it, field work in agriculture has never paid livable wages.

And not working should not pay more.

Wild Cobra
09-01-2011, 02:20 PM
WC, the libertarian.
Hey...

It's their choice. Nobody would be forcing them. It would be the work they need to perform to get the benefits.

Wild Cobra
09-01-2011, 02:22 PM
:wtf
I don't appreciate you altering my words.

Blake
09-01-2011, 02:24 PM
I don't appreciate you altering my words.

Shoot the illegals!!!

ElNono
09-01-2011, 02:30 PM

Depends

LnGrrrR
09-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Hey...

It's their choice. Nobody would be forcing them. It would be the work they need to perform to get the benefits.

You don't think there might be issues with tying welfare to labor enforced by the government?

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-01-2011, 09:22 PM
Be really cool if you could point out where I said it should.

scott
09-01-2011, 11:20 PM
tell me this: is it better to pay a white worker 12 an hour and have all of that money stay here and pay taxes on it, or pay a beaner 7.78 and have him send it back home to his family in mexico?

Tell me this: is it better for some white guy in Georgia to sit on his ass all day and complain about not having a job or to work for above minimum wage?

scott
09-01-2011, 11:21 PM
I don't appreciate you altering my words. Because I'm a giant pussy

Wild Cobra
09-02-2011, 03:53 AM
Be really cool if you could point out where I said it should.
I wasn't implying you said that it should. I was just running off your statement.

One problem with text, is it lacks the tone we use in verbal speech. My complaint is that the welfare system should not pay more than minimum wage.

boutons_deux
09-02-2011, 05:37 AM
What's the problem with foreigners exporting their money to anywhere?

IT'S THEIR MONEY -- dubya

Banks, wealthy, UCA, etc do it by the $Ts every day in milliseconds, very often to dodge taxes, and nobody here complains.