PDA

View Full Version : Davis Bertans vs. France

Namundy
08-31-2011, 11:08 AM
This kid looks pretty legit. I had no idea he is only 18 years old. He has a smaller frame for a big man but he is stroking threes, blocking shots, and getting boards over the France bigs.

Nice find for the Spurs (not the Mavs like the announcer keeps saying).

yavozerb
08-31-2011, 11:29 AM
He definitely looked like he belonged out there. Crashed the boards hard, kept moving on offense sitting screens, hit a couple of high arcing 3 pt shots (at 6'10 his shot is pretty unblockable) and a great block shot on a dunk attempt. Hopefully he can continue his play and get more minutes in future games.

xellos88330
08-31-2011, 04:39 PM
I thought he was going to get posterized. Didn't think he had the strength to block a dunk. He is so damn thin. His shot looks great though. High release and high arc.

kobyz
08-31-2011, 06:30 PM
it was nice to see him play at that level in this early age, i like his aggressiveness and activity, he still play out off control and too much incitement so he need a lot of work to refine his game, if i have to describe him as a player i think he is like Omri Casspi with a little more height, a little more consistent long range shooter and a little more smarter!

joshdaboss
09-01-2011, 05:19 AM
it was nice to see him play at that level in this early age, i like his aggressiveness and activity, he still play out off control and too much incitement so he need a lot of work to refine his game, if i have to describe him as a player i think he is like Omri Casspi with a little more height, a little more consistent long range shooter and a little more smarter!

Well said.

Maddog
09-01-2011, 09:08 AM
This kid looks pretty legit. I had no idea he is only 18 years old. He has a smaller frame for a big man but he is stroking threes, blocking shots, and getting boards over the France bigs.

Nice find for the Spurs (not the Mavs like the announcer keeps saying).

He definitely looked like he belonged out there. Crashed the boards hard, kept moving on offense sitting screens, hit a couple of high arcing 3 pt shots (at 6'10 his shot is pretty unblockable) and a great block shot on a dunk attempt. Hopefully he can continue his play and get more minutes in future games.

Looks Intriguing- extremely young but from what I've read he has a great work ethic and is aggressive (maybe too much so as his shot selection canbe bad- but heck at least he is not gunshy).
Hill for Leonard and Bertans
We will have to look back at this trade in a 5 years

Namundy
09-01-2011, 09:46 AM
Very intriguing indeed. Great draft and stash for the Spurs. He has a very high ceiling.

Darkwaters
09-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Looks Intriguing- extremely young but from what I've read he has a great work ethic and is aggressive (maybe too much so as his shot selection canbe bad- but heck at least he is not gunshy).
Hill for Leonard and Bertans
We will have to look back at this trade in a 5 years

Not just Hill for Leonard/Bertans because Lorbek is also in there. He might never come over, but it's another piece of that trade that may or may not pan out but still added value to our side.

will_spurs
09-01-2011, 01:55 PM
He is big and spreads the floor... I guess he can be looking forward to a long career as a Spurs.